Thread: Messiah vs Moshiach

Messiah vs Moshiach

Sometimes Christians use the word "Messiah" as synonym for Jesus. I think its confusing since the Messiah that non-believing Jews are looking for is not Jesus but the antichrist. I propose a terminology that draws this distinction. Maybe we can use the word "Messiah" in reference to Jesus and "Moshiach" in reference to antichrist. Thus, Moshiach will come 7 years before Messiah. Most people will follow Moshiach when he will come, but select few will reject the Moshiach and wait for Messiah. The followers of Moshiach will go to hell and the followers of Messiah will go to heaven.

Re: Messiah vs Moshiach

Quote Originally Posted by Subriemannian View Post
    Sometimes Christians use the word "Messiah" as synonym for Jesus. I think its confusing since the Messiah that non-believing Jews are looking for is not Jesus but the antichrist. I propose a terminology that draws this distinction. Maybe we can use the word "Messiah" in reference to Jesus and "Moshiach" in reference to antichrist. Thus, Moshiach will come 7 years before Messiah. Most people will follow Moshiach when he will come, but select few will reject the Moshiach and wait for Messiah. The followers of Moshiach will go to hell and the followers of Messiah will go to heaven.
    Hello, and welcome to the forum. I hope it profits you.

There might be another way without having to make changes to the Bible, or our vocabulary. One Messiah will come from the Bottomless Pit and reign. The other Messiah was in the Bottomless Pit, but for only three days and three nights. He now resides in heaven. When He comes, it will be from heaven. All the faithful have to do is reject the Messiah who comes up from Hades to rule, and embrace the Messiah who arrives, in the sight of men, from the clouds.

But then, the faithful do not need sight. Hebrews 11:1 says; "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." I make a counter proposal that NOW is the time to embrace the real Messiah, yet UNSEEN, rather than to be faced with the dilemma as the false one is SIGHTED.

Blog Entries

Re: Messiah vs Moshiach

Quote Originally Posted by Subriemannian View Post
    Jews are not looking for the Anti-Christ, though many may be deceived by him.
    Roughly 50% of Jews will listen to the Two Witnesses and they will flee when the AC kills the 2W and so will go to the wilderness and be saved.
    Those who ignore the 2W will die.

Thread Information