Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The white horse in Revelation 6. Who or what is signified?

The white horse in Revelation 6. Who or what is signified?

Sorry if this has been asked already, I did a search but didn't find anything.

The title is pretty much self-explanatory. Please share why you believe as you do.

Re: The white horse in Revelation 6. Who or what is signified?

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post

The title is pretty much self-explanatory. Please share why you believe as you do.
    A "Seal" has a twofold purpose. It stops thing getting in or out, and it prevents men from entering and investigating. The "Seals" are thus things that, up to then, are hidden. Opening the Seal reveals some thing that is hidden and/or not known. What is revealed? The age of grace is over. Men have become accustomed to doing what they like and getting away with it. They say; "where is He Who said He was coning to judge evil. Let us multiply our evil!" And suddenly... it is time for the fulfillment of the prophets. Peace and Grace are over. The gospel age is over. Men will now face unabated and unadulterated wrath from the Almighty. "For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape" (1st Thess.5:3). Israel embraces a Gentile king and allows him into their Temple. The Churches are apostate. Of the seven Churches, only one is commended. The Lord must now call for a minority - the Overcomers. The Nations have sunk back to the days of Noah:- "And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually" (Gen.6:5). That which was a secret, that which was hid, that which was Promised but seemed to be a lie is now unleashed.

A "White" Horse. White is the color of purity in scripture. Our Lord, when revealed on the Mount in Matthew 17:2, "... his raiment was white as the light." "Raiment" or "garments" in Parable depicts righteousness (Rev.19:8). This horse and one upon it are perfectly righteous. Is the slaughter of millions of men righteous? YES! When they have shaken their fist at God an committed all manner of perfidy, they deserve to die - or even worse.

A White "Horse". A Horse in scripture shows WAR. Proverbs 21:31 says; "The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the LORD". Why war? Is not the new King of Revelation a "Seeker of Peace"? YES He is, UNTIL those He succors have shown disdain for Him and His message of peace. Now the time of reconciliation IS OVER. Those who wanted animosity can have it. The Prince of Peace is now the Son of David to go forth and smite and conquer.

A "Bow" is a weapon of war. See 2nd Samuel 22:35, 1st Chronicles 5:18, Psalm 18:34 & 46:9 and Isaiah 21:15. Many Christians who hold the doctrine that the Church must be prepared to pass through the Great Tribulation use the argument that we Christians must be suffer wrath. YES! We suffer the wrath of men and of the Dragon. But now it is God that makes war. It is the time of GOD'S WRATH. In Revelation the word "wrath" appears in 13 verses. TEN are "the WRATH OF GOD". 2,000 years ago men smote the blessed cheeks of Jesus, "and He said not a word". Now it is His turn to smite. He faced the wrath of the Pharisees and "all the people". Now both Israelite and Gentile alike will feel His WRATH to the full.

A "Crown" is given. In life our Lord Jesus is given a crown of thorns. Throughout this age, the largest institution that carries Christ's Name - the Roman Catholic Church (1.3 billion) - have never removed it. In their east-west facing Lodges hangs a graven image of a bleeding man with a crown of thorns. But in truth, Jesus has, in this age, NO CROWN. He sits in His Father's Throne - not His own (Heb.1:3, 8:1; Rev.3:21). While He "has all power in heaven and in earth" it is not for war and punishment. It is for building the Father's House - the Church (Matt.28:18-20). But in Revelation Chapter 4 that all changes. Christ is crowned and sits on His OWN THRONE. He is now responsible for ORDER. The King or the Captain who is entrusted with RULERSHIP cannot delay to bring order. The "Crown" means that anybody else who claims a crown is a CONTENDER and IMPOSTER. The "Crown" means RULERSHIP by whatever means - even war!

"The Rider "went forth"! From where? From heaven! To where? The earth! Jesus is coming! Is this a happy day? NO!
    • In the Church the majority are apostate. Their fateful day at the Bema has come. "The Lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of, And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth" (Matt.24:50-51) "Which servant?" The same one as verse 45-46 who started so well. But the Lord delayed and the "Lord's servant" turned to evil. It is "THAT servant" that started so well that must now face the sword.
    • In Israel, only the "Remnant" seek to keep God's Law. The rest of Israel except the Two Witnesses embrace the Beast. They allow a Gentile king, "Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God" (2nd Thess.2:4). Can this end well for Israel? NO! It is the time of "Jacob's Trouble"!
    • Among the Nations men have return to the Days of Noah and the Days of Lot. Violence, war and sexual offense abound. The earth is polluted like never before. Men actively promote evil and shake their fists at God. They love evil and love those who do their evil. The Rider "went forth to conquer". That means a battle. The "Prince of this world" - Satan, also leaves heaven in great wrath. Two of the most powerful beings in the universe are going to clash. And men are caught in the middle. They will seek death and not find it - so great is their distress. And men have long been on the side of the Dragon. They meet finally at Megiddo in Jezreel, and blood of men runs as deep as the bit of a standing horse.

Is the "going forth" of the Rider of the White Horse a time of rejoicing? No! It is the time when members of the Church, Israelites and the Nations will loose control over their bowels and their knees will smite together.

The White Horse and Rider is Jesus. Not the Jesus "meek and mild". Not the Jesus that said not a word while nails were driven into His innocent Body. This is the Jesus Whom the Father has appointed and anointed NEW KING OF THE EARTH. He "goes forth" not to offer peace and reconciliation, but suffering and death to His foes. The age has changed. The souls of the Martyrs under the earth recognize this and pray accordingly. It is no more "forgive them Father ... ". It is, "AVENGE"! The "conquering" is not the conquering of SIN and SINS as He did 2,000 years ago. It is the undiluted conquering of SINNERS!

Blog Entries

It is curious. Some believe the white horse and rider in Revelation 6 represents the Anti-Christ. I would lean this direction more than the other myself--
    (I can see this in respect to the rider being "given" a crown as an earthly declaration of Royalty, rather than an eternal and heavenly Holy King)

I would ask if The White horse and rider in Revelation 6 is the same white horse and rider followed by multitudes on white horses that is (to me) clearly Christ and Heavenly armies in Revelation 19.

(IMO) The difference between the two is that the first is 1 of 4 horses with riders and can be grouped with the others in some manner.
    We have white, red, black and pale with attributing judgement type scenarios---

Also in contrast: It was The Lamb of God Himself that opened the Seals from which the horses and riders come forth---
    Peace to you!

It is because of Him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

1 Corinthians 1:30

Blog Entries

Many different scriptures reference bow and arrows. From God or from evil. If the rider is not Christ but a conquering by force and evil type of Authority on the earth, there are a couple that seem to support this view-

Psalm 11:12
    For, behold, the wicked bend the bow, They make ready their arrow upon the string To shoot in darkness at the upright in heart.

Ephesians 6:16
    in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.

Jeremiah 9:8
    "Their tongue is a deadly arrow; It speaks deceit; With his mouth one speaks peace to his neighbor, But inwardly he sets an ambush for him.

False prophets, false leaders appearing to be truthful-- That is what comes to mind as a whole for this view of the first horse and rider.

Not saying it is the correct view-- I do believe it is "curious".
    Peace to you!

It is because of Him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

I really don't know, but it's worth the try. The 7 seals represent opening the book, and opening the book represents the coming of Christ's Kingdom. That's why it's Christ's blood that opens the seals. In Dan 12 this book is sealed, because it was sealed under the Law, and hidden until Christ came and died for human sin. Now that Christ has opened up the revelation of God's Kingdom, we are on the path towards the coming of the Kingdom of God.

The 1st 4 seals are associated with the cherubim, who are angels executing judgment in order to bring in the Kingdom. The angel is wielding judgment in the 1st seal, and the horse is white to symbolize purity, I think. This is the conquest of impure government forces in the world, from the Roman Empire on. Paganism is being defeated in world governments. And we see all through the NT age ungodly governments being defeated again and again, in anticipation of the final conquest of Antichrist at the coming of Christ.

God can never sanction long the existence of impure governments on earth. They cannot substitute for the Kingdom of God, which is coming at the return of Christ. And so, again and again, these bad governments are destroyed by conquest, just as God had brought defeat upon Hebrew government in times of their disobedience and apostasy.

1. White represents Him coming back to souls as God.
    2. Red represents Him coming back to souls as Jesus - the Savior.
    3. Black represents Him coming back to souls as the Christ.
    4. Pale represents Him coming back to souls as the Father.

In the realm that is forever, souls are sealed in/by the Spirit until opened at His coming. Also, in that realm, grace abides forever to those who believe and are heirs of salvation.
    Grace and peace unto you from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ!

just a few scriptures

“And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see. And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.
    **Revelation‬ *6:1-2‬ *KJV‬‬

“And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND Lord OF LORDS.”
    **Revelation‬ *19:11-16‬ *KJV‬‬

note, he sets forth to conquer, this just after the lamb is given power and glory, then the rider is sent out to conquer, or overcome, when you see again Christ on the white horse you can see he has been treading the wine press , he's covered in blood, his sword ( the word) is for smiting the nations.....

the book of revelation, is a revelation OF Jesus Christ.

see

"he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood:"...he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God"

“And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.

And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped. And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.

And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God. And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs.”
    **Revelation‬ *14:14, 16-17, 19-20‬ *KJV‬‬

we know from prophecy who it is that treads the wine press and is covered in blood

“Who is this that cometh from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah? this that is glorious in his apparel, travelling in the greatness of his strength? I that speak in righteousness, mighty to save. Wherefore art thou red in thine apparel, and thy garments like him that treadeth in the winefat?

I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment. For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come.

And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me.”
    **Isaiah‬ *63:1-5‬ *KJV‬‬

or for instance this part

"and he shall rule them [B]with a rod of iron:"...“And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.”
    **Revelation‬ *12:5‬ *KJV‬‬

we know from prophecy...

“Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion. I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.”
    **Psalms‬ *2:6-7, 9‬ *KJV‬‬

"he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True," ..His eyes were as a flame of fire, "

“And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;”
    **Revelation‬ *1:13-14‬ *KJV‬‬

“And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;”
    **Revelation‬ *3:14‬ *KJV‬‬

when you see the rider set out from the throne to conquer, then all those things happen , then near the end your seeing who it was after he has conquered and so you see the many crowns, the blood on his garments, the ones in white following him, the eyes of fire which are the spirit sent into the eart ect....

the revelation of Jesus Christ

just a few scriptures

“And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see. And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.
    **Revelation‬ *6:1-2‬ *KJV‬‬

“And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND Lord OF LORDS.”
    **Revelation‬ *19:11-16‬ *KJV‬‬

note, he sets forth to conquer, this just after the lamb is given power and glory, then the rider is sent out to conquer, or overcome, when you see again Christ on the white horse you can see he has been treading the wine press , he's covered in blood, his sword ( the word) is for smiting the nations.....

the book of revelation, is a revelation OF Jesus Christ.

see

"he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood:"...he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God"

“And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.

And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped. And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.

And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God. And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs.”
    **Revelation‬ *14:14, 16-17, 19-20‬ *KJV‬‬

we know from prophecy who it is that treads the wine press and is covered in blood

“Who is this that cometh from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah? this that is glorious in his apparel, travelling in the greatness of his strength? I that speak in righteousness, mighty to save. Wherefore art thou red in thine apparel, and thy garments like him that treadeth in the winefat?

I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment. For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come.

And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me.”
    **Isaiah‬ *63:1-5‬ *KJV‬‬

"and he shall rule them [B]with a rod of iron:"...“And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.”
    **Revelation‬ *12:5‬ *KJV‬‬

we know from prophecy...

“Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion. I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.”
    **Psalms‬ *2:6-7, 9‬ *KJV‬‬

"he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True," ..His eyes were as a flame of fire, "

“And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;”
    **Revelation‬ *1:13-14‬ *KJV‬‬

“And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;”
    **Revelation‬ *3:14‬ *KJV‬‬

when you see the rider set out from the throne to conquer, then all those things happen , then near the end your seeing who it was after he has conquered and so you see the many crowns, the blood on his garments, the ones in white following him, the eyes of fire which are the spirit sent into the eart ect....

the revelation of Jesus Christ

Blog Entries

Very simple answer.
    It is Christendom - the result of the State and Christianity being united.

I see the seals as following on chronologically from the events that were to occur in the 7 churches in the 2nd century. So the 1st seal is opened in the 3rd century.

So the symbolism has the appearance of Christ, but is NOT Christ.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    Very simple answer.
    It is Christendom - the result of the State and Christianity being united.

I see the seals as following on chronologically from the events that were to occur in the 7 churches in the 2nd century. So the 1st seal is opened in the 3rd century.

So the symbolism has the appearance of Christ, but is NOT Christ.
    It may not be simple to me, but I do admit that this view seems more viable than Christ as the rider on the white horse. The representation/symbolism of The Gospel going out unto the world has a very wide view perspective, and the other horses/riders also symbolic of great scale events over long periods of time seem realistic.
    Peace to you!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby_Snacks View Post
    It may not be simple to me, but I do admit that this view seems more viable than Christ as the rider on the white horse. The representation/symbolism of The Gospel going out unto the world has a very wide view perspective, and the other horses/riders also symbolic of great scale events over long periods of time seem realistic.
    As you put in your previous post, I can't see Christ opening a seal to allow Himself to go forth. That is just a bizarre set of reasoning.

Blog Entries

The rider on the white horse is evil. A counterfeit riding also on a white horse. Deception.

Note all those in the first four seals are evil kings of Satan's kingdom to come upon the earth.

Actually the four represent the lion, bear, leopard, 4th being the beast (little horn) each controlling 1/4 of the earth. Again they are a counterfeit of the 4 great beasts in God's kingdom.

As the first four seals represent the lion, bear. leopard, 4th beast upon the earth, Rev 13 details the 4th beast on the earth.

A clue they are the opposing four beasts as the four beasts of God present them.

Caesar used to ride a white horse. The following horses show how the empire imploded. At the end of the day we see Jesus on a white horse having many crowns due to the successful evangelism of his Church.
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    Caesar used to ride a white horse. The following horses show how the empire imploded. At the end of the day we see Jesus on a white horse having many crowns due to the successful evangelism of his Church.
    Agreed it is Cesar as in Rome

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    Wow!
    Any actual sources for this idea of Caesar riding a white horse? Also which Caesar?
    So are you saying the first four seals are speaking about the one Leg of Iron?

Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    As you put in your previous post, I can't see Christ opening a seal to allow Himself to go forth. That is just a bizarre set of reasoning.
    Each of us has his own reasoning, so I make no judgement. But what say you to John 14:16-23?

16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
    17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
    18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
    19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
    20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
    21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
    22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
    23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him."

• In verse 16 our Lord Jesus will pray to a second Party, His Father. And this second Party, the Father of Jesus will give AN-OTHER that will be WITH us (future tense)
    • In verse 17 this Spirit that will at some future date, dwell WITH us, is said to ALREADY dwell with us, but at some future date with dwell IN us
    • In verse 18, the One Who is going away will come to us as the Comforter. In verse 16 this was the third Party - the Holy Spirit
    • In verse 20 is is predicted that we will know that the first Party of verse 16 is in IN the second Party now (present tense). But He was actually on earth praying to the Second Party in heaven (present tense)
    • In verse 20 the first Party who was on earth as He said this, but Who is IN the second Party Who is in heaven, will have, at some future date, us Christians IN him.
    • In verse 20 the First Party, who is outside men and on earth, but at the same time IN the Father Who is in heaven, predicts not only that we will be in Him but that at the same time, will be IN us Christians.
    • And ALL THIS at some future date that we know Jesus will live in heaven at the right side of, not IN, the Father.

I propose that this prophecy defies all reasoning. But my question is, is it true? Do you believe it.

So when we return to the Seals and horses proceeding from them when they are opened, we are met with a similar dilemma. How can a Seal contain a horse and rider? And is it so implausible that God, Who set the Seals, has Jesus in one of them, but also lets Him open the Seals. There are four cell doors in a certain prison. In each is an inmate. Inmate #1 has the keys for ALL four doors. At a command, he opens his own door and proceeds down the passage opening the other three. Is this beyond reason?

If God, Who has committed judgement of the earth and all its inhabitants into the hands of His Son Jesus, and this Jesus is partaker of the judgement, is it so impossible that this Jesus not only unleashes the tribulation on earth, but Himself goes to take part in it? Did not God David instruction to BOTH attack the enemy AND the tactics to use. And did not David himself, after issuing these orders, go out himself to lead his troops? The one time he stayed behind he fell with Bathsheba.

The four Seals unleash the unpleasantries on a sinful earth. Christ not only releases them, but is one of the me Himself. He is the Sovereign Grand Commander who sets the tactics, and He is the General who leads the onslaught.

Thread Information