Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 118

Thread: Who were The Sons of God in genesis 6?

  1. #1

    Who were The Sons of God in genesis 6?

    genesis 6 is a controversial and misunderstood bible verse among believers. Some believers think that The sons of God mentioned in Gen 6 are fallen Angels while others think the verse refers to normal men who descended from the Patriarch Seth. so im making this thread to address Gen 6 and put to bed once and for all just who were the sons of God mentioned in Gen 6... well, ill atleast try and put it to bed lol

    Gen 6:2 2the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they took as wives whomever they chose.

    i believe that we can use scripture to definitively prove who they are.

    it is my contention that the sons of God could not have been men descended from seth but instead had to be extraterrestrial
    Because In THE oldest book in the bible, the book of Job, chapter 2 verse 1 we read, 1 Another day, the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD; and Satan also came with them to present himself before The Lord.

    And in Job 38 it says, 4Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
    7When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

    The book of Job teaches that the Sons of God were there when the foundations of the earth were made meaning that they could not be ordinary men. if they were the question posed to Job would lose its meaning.

    But what about verses like Romans 8:14 that says, For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. ?

    This is referring to Believers under the NEW covenant and under christ not OT patriarchs who did not accept him. and we can prove this with scripture. in fact just 5 verse down from romans 8:14 in verse 19 we read
    KJV For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
    Berean Study Bible19The creation waits in eager expectation for the revelation of the sons of God.



    The sons of God have yet to be made manifest. they are adopted sons under the new covenant through the resurrection as we read in Luke 20:36

    36In fact, they can no longer die, because they are like the angels. And since they are sons of the resurrection, they are sons of God.

    BECAUSE they are sons of the resurrection they are sons of God.


    Galatians 2:26You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

    If one becomes a son of God through faith in christ jesus then the SONS of God mentioned in Gen 6 can not be men, as this was long before anyone had heard or even thought of christ jesus.

    john 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name

    9Blessed are the peacemakers, for they WILL be called sons of God.

    "will" is FUTURE tense meaning something that WILL occur but has yet to.

    1 John 3:2Beloved, we are now children of God, and what we will be has not yet been revealed.

    1 Corinthians 15:51Listen, I tell you a mystery: we will all be changed 52in an instant, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raisedimperishable, and we will be changed.


    which lines up perfectly with luke 20:36In fact, they can no longer die, because they are like the angels. And since they are sons of the resurrection, they are sons of God.

    Isaiah 28:10
    precept upon precept, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

    Ephesians 1:
    5He predestined us for ADOPTION as His sons through Jesus Christ, according to the good pleasure of His will,

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,064
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Who were The Sons of God in genesis 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by equinox View Post
    genesis 6 is a controversial and misunderstood bible verse among believers. Some believers think that The sons of God mentioned in Gen 6 are fallen Angels while others think the verse refers to normal men who descended from the Patriarch Seth. so im making this thread to address Gen 6 and put to bed once and for all just who were the sons of God mentioned in Gen 6... well, ill atleast try and put it to bed lol

    Gen 6:2 2the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they took as wives whomever they chose.

    i believe that we can use scripture to definitively prove who they are.

    it is my contention that the sons of God could not have been men descended from seth but instead had to be extraterrestrial
    Because In THE oldest book in the bible, the book of Job, chapter 2 verse 1 we read, 1 Another day, the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD; and Satan also came with them to present himself before The Lord.

    And in Job 38 it says, 4Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
    7When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

    The book of Job teaches that the Sons of God were there when the foundations of the earth were made meaning that they could not be ordinary men. if they were the question posed to Job would lose its meaning.

    But what about verses like Romans 8:14 that says, For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. ?

    This is referring to Believers under the NEW covenant and under christ not OT patriarchs who did not accept him. and we can prove this with scripture. in fact just 5 verse down from romans 8:14 in verse 19 we read
    KJV For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
    Berean Study Bible19The creation waits in eager expectation for the revelation of the sons of God.



    The sons of God have yet to be made manifest. they are adopted sons under the new covenant through the resurrection as we read in Luke 20:36

    36In fact, they can no longer die, because they are like the angels. And since they are sons of the resurrection, they are sons of God.

    BECAUSE they are sons of the resurrection they are sons of God.


    Galatians 2:26You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

    If one becomes a son of God through faith in christ jesus then the SONS of God mentioned in Gen 6 can not be men, as this was long before anyone had heard or even thought of christ jesus.

    john 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name

    9Blessed are the peacemakers, for they WILL be called sons of God.

    "will" is FUTURE tense meaning something that WILL occur but has yet to.

    1 John 3:2Beloved, we are now children of God, and what we will be has not yet been revealed.

    1 Corinthians 15:51Listen, I tell you a mystery: we will all be changed 52in an instant, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raisedimperishable, and we will be changed.


    which lines up perfectly with luke 20:36In fact, they can no longer die, because they are like the angels. And since they are sons of the resurrection, they are sons of God.

    Isaiah 28:10
    precept upon precept, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

    Ephesians 1:
    5He predestined us for ADOPTION as His sons through Jesus Christ, according to the good pleasure of His will,
    I agree, but many do not. This has been debated before and still each believes as he does.

    Aristarkos

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,668

    Re: Who were The Sons of God in genesis 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by equinox View Post
    genesis 6 is a controversial and misunderstood bible verse among believers. Some believers think that The sons of God mentioned in Gen 6 are fallen Angels while others think the verse refers to normal men who descended from the Patriarch Seth. so im making this thread to address Gen 6 and put to bed once and for all just who were the sons of God mentioned in Gen 6... well, ill atleast try and put it to bed lol

    Gen 6:2 2the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they took as wives whomever they chose.

    i believe that we can use scripture to definitively prove who they are.

    it is my contention that the sons of God could not have been men descended from seth but instead had to be extraterrestrial
    Because In THE oldest book in the bible, the book of Job, chapter 2 verse 1 we read, 1 Another day, the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD; and Satan also came with them to present himself before The Lord.

    And in Job 38 it says, 4Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
    7When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

    The book of Job teaches that the Sons of God were there when the foundations of the earth were made meaning that they could not be ordinary men. if they were the question posed to Job would lose its meaning.

    But what about verses like Romans 8:14 that says, [COLOR=#001320][FONT=Roboto]For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. ?

    ....
    I agree with you. The "sons of God" are fallen angels. There is, besides Job, another bit of evidence. In Jude 1:6-7 we read;

    6 "And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
    7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire."


    The explanation of "not keeping their first estate" is "going after strange flesh". The angels were "EVEN AS" the Sodomites who had sexual relations with their kind and not that flesh which God had ordained.

    As to the explanation of "the sons of God", it is relatively simple. If one has their ORIGIN in God, and has LIFE, or vitality, one can be called the "son of God". The only thing that must be then established by the context, is, in what capacity is one a "son of God"?
    Our Lord Jesus, Firstborn of all Creatures is a Son of God TWOFOLD. (i) He is "begotten a Son" on a certain "day" (Ps.2:7; Act.13:33; Heb.5:5), and (ii) He is born of the Holy Spirit making Him a Son (Matt.1:18; Lk.1:35)
    We Christians are born of the Holy Spirit so we become the "sons of God" (Jn.1:12-13)
    In Christ's genealogy in Luke, our Lord Jesus' MANHOOD is brought to the fore. He is descendant of Adam. And Adam is a "son of God", because he had his ORIGIN in God (Lk.3:38)
    The angels, spirits made by God, are called "sons of God" because they had their origin in God (Ps.104:4; Heb.1:7)
    1. In the case of our Lord Jesus the Physical birth is by God and Mary, and His deity is by God
    2. In the case of us our physical birth is by the "will of the flesh", but our rebirth in our human spirits is by God (Jn.3:6)
    3. In the case of Adam his physical construction was by God
    4. In the case of angels their spirit being was by God

    And this designation does not have to be the result of direct intervention by God. In Matthew 27:9 it reads; "Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying, And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of him that was valued, whom they of the children of Israel did value." These "children of Israel" are actually about 40 generations from Jacob, but still called "children" of his loins. Time does not affect ORIGIN once God has set it in motion.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    True north strong and free
    Posts
    6,452

    Re: Who were The Sons of God in genesis 6?

    The assertion that Job is the oldest book of the Bible is in itself fairly contentious.
    Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.
    Ecc 7:10

    John777 exists to me only in quoted form.



  5. #5

    Re: Who were The Sons of God in genesis 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by teddyv View Post
    The assertion that Job is the oldest book of the Bible is in itself fairly contentious.
    well it is widely accepted as the oldest. if it is not the oldest it is one of the oldest books of the bible as it is reported to be written by moses.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    202

    Re: Who were The Sons of God in genesis 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by Walls View Post
    The "sons of God" are fallen angels.

    I disagree with this viewpoint that the "sons of God" are fallen angels and that they reproduced with women.

    Genesis 6:
    1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
    2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.



    In Genesis 1:24, the bible says that every living thing was made will bring forth after it's kind.

    According to the way God made creation, it's not possible that angels could reproduce with human kind. They are not the same kind. Angels are spiritual beings and God made Adam a living soul.


    Genesis 1:24
    "And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind"

  7. #7

    Re: Who were The Sons of God in genesis 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by TMarcum View Post
    I disagree with this viewpoint that the "sons of God" are fallen angels and that they reproduced with women.

    Genesis 6:
    1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
    2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.



    In Genesis 1:24, the bible says that every living thing was made will bring forth after it's kind.

    According to the way God made creation, it's not possible that angels could reproduce with human kind. They are not the same kind. Angels are spiritual beings and God made Adam a living soul.


    Genesis 1:24
    "And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind"
    That is true but in Gen 6:12 we read; And God looked upon the earth and saw that it was corrupt; for all living creatures on the earth had corrupted their ways.

    this was the reason for the flood because the fallen angels came down to earth and corrupted all flesh the book of enoch expounds on this
    ENOCH 7:5 AND THEY BEGAN TO SIN AGAINST BIRDS, WILD BEASTS, REPTILES, AND FISH.

    this is how all flesh on the earth was corrupted and why God sent the flood. creatures were no longer bringing forth after their kind but they were intermingling species together and creating unnatural creatures like the giants born of human women and the Sons of God

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    202

    Re: Who were The Sons of God in genesis 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by equinox View Post
    That is true but in Gen 6:12 we read; And God looked upon the earth and saw that it was corrupt; for all living creatures on the earth had corrupted their ways.

    this was the reason for the flood because the fallen angels came down to earth and corrupted all flesh the book of enoch expounds on this
    ENOCH 7:5 AND THEY BEGAN TO SIN AGAINST BIRDS, WILD BEASTS, REPTILES, AND FISH.

    this is how all flesh on the earth was corrupted and why God sent the flood. creatures were no longer bringing forth after their kind but they were intermingling species together and creating unnatural creatures like the giants born of human women and the Sons of God
    The sinful state of mankind is as a result of the transgressions of Adam. "and so death was passed upon all men" as a result of the transgression of Adam and not anyone else.

    The sinfulness of man is not as a result of angels nor fallen angels. God destroyed all flesh during the flood because of mans wickedness. Christ's work on the cross does not cover the sins of angels. Neither do Angels do not have a quickening spirit where they can be redeemed.

    lastly, there is no species anywhere that ever reproduced with that of another kind.


    Romans 5:
    12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
    13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
    14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
    15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
    16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.
    17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
    18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
    19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
    20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
    21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    32

    Re: Who were The Sons of God in genesis 6?

    Here is the issue with Gen 6. Since the text does not specifically tell us that those 'sons of God' are angels we are left with no alternative but to apply a definition to 'sons of God.' The question is, what definition do we assign to the 'sons of God'? There are only two possibilities for assigning meaning - human imagination or scripture. If we assign angelic beings to this term we must then find where scripture itself assigns such a definition to 'sons of God'. We see repeated passages where 'sons of God' is used to describe men as the subject both in the old and new testament, but there is no text that ever defines angels in this way. The only possible passage that may indicate that this refers to angels is Job 38:6-7 but even this is inconclusive because the text does not mention angels. Scripture must ALWAYS be allowed to define its own use of language. We are not free to assign our own definitions to biblical terms.

    Insisting that these are angels and could not possibly be anything else makes a number of unwarranted assumptions. This assumes that the term 'sons of god' must only refer to angels in Gen 6. It assumes that the angels which were cast down from heaven were cast down upon the earth. It assumes that if they were cast down upon the earth that they assumed human form. It assumes that if they took human form they became sexual creatures. It assumes that they were sufficiently genetically compatible with human DNA to produce offspring. It assumes that the appearance of the giants in the land can only be explained through this quantum leap of conjecture, none of which is supported by any biblical text. This was simply a matter of human genetics, nothing more. There is nothing in scripture to suggest that angels can reproduce after any fashion much less reproduce the human gene code. In fact, Jesus tells us that angels neither marry nor are they given in marriage. Since this is true, it is quite presumptuous to read Gen. 6:2 and insist that angels did precisely what Jesus said they do not do. The term sons of God must be understood according to the pattern of its usage in scripture. Every other time this phrase is used, it refers to man. That being true, by what rule of interpretation does one assign some other definition to this term?

  10. #10

    Re: Who were The Sons of God in genesis 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by TMarcum View Post
    The sinful state of mankind is as a result of the transgressions of Adam. "and so death was passed upon all men" as a result of the transgression of Adam and not anyone else.

    The sinfulness of man is not as a result of angels nor fallen angels. God destroyed all flesh during the flood because of mans wickedness. Christ's work on the cross does not cover the sins of angels. Neither do Angels do not have a quickening spirit where they can be redeemed.

    lastly, there is no species anywhere that ever reproduced with that of another kind.


    Romans 5:
    12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
    13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
    14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
    15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
    16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.
    17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
    18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
    19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
    20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
    21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.
    none of that addresses the corruption of all flesh spoken of in gen 6. yes sin did enter the world through adam and death with it but the corruption of all flesh in Gen 6 is an altogether different matter. it is talking about the DNA because Gen 6:9 tells us, Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations.

    all have sinned you are right but noah was perfect in his genes so we know we are not talking about just the curse of death but a corruption of the genes.

    Christ died to reconcile both men. both seed's the serpent seed and the seed of man have a chance to be saved

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Sandmountain Alabama
    Posts
    483
    Blog Entries
    2

    Question Re: Who were The Sons of God in genesis 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by equinox View Post
    none of that addresses the corruption of all flesh spoken of in gen 6. yes sin did enter the world through adam and death with it but the corruption of all flesh in Gen 6 is an altogether different matter. it is talking about the DNA because Gen 6:9 tells us, Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations.

    all have sinned you are right but noah was perfect in his genes so we know we are not talking about just the curse of death but a corruption of the genes.

    Christ died to reconcile both men. both seed's the serpent seed and the seed of man have a chance to be saved
    What serpent seed are you talking about ? What is not human can't be saved .

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,668

    Re: Who were The Sons of God in genesis 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by TMarcum View Post
    I disagree with this viewpoint that the "sons of God" are fallen angels and that they reproduced with women.

    Genesis 6:
    1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
    2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.



    In Genesis 1:24, the bible says that every living thing was made will bring forth after it's kind.

    According to the way God made creation, it's not possible that angels could reproduce with human kind. They are not the same kind. Angels are spiritual beings and God made Adam a living soul.


    Genesis 1:24
    "And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind"
    This is a very strong counter argument, and I hear you. But your very (correct) argument that the same king "generate" is the solution. My answer is thus fourfold:
    1. Angels have bodies. It is true that the substance of an angel is spirit, but so is God (Jn.4:24), and Mary conceived. The two angels who accompanied the "angel of the Lord" to visit Abraham had bodies, ate, and the sodomites of Sodom tried to mate with them.
    2. There must be an explanation for what is recorded in Genesis Chapter 6 for the Lord Jesus says that the end days would be like the days of Noah. Matthew 24:38, Mark 12:25, Luke 17:27 and 20:34. "For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, (1) marrying and (2) giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark". Why does scripture, written so economically, make a difference between "marrying" and "GIVING in marriage"? What is the difference? Two things happen!
    3. The language of Genesis 6:4 CONTRASTS the two. It reads; "There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown." If the "sons of God" were men it should read; "There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of MEN came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, ... .". And what then means "were of OLD"?
    4. The reason that Noah escaped was (1) he was righteous, and (2) "his generations were perfect". Now, the Bible does use "generation" as a time for one man to "generate" the next. But overwhelmingly, the meaning of "generation" is WHAT IS GENERATED. This is most clearly seen in both John Baptist's and our Lord's statement that the Jews were a "GENERATION of vipers". Adam sinned and those who he GENERATED were headed for death (Rom.5:12). And our Lord traces this "serpent-nature", not back to Jacob, the father of Israel, but to ABEL being killed by Cain (Lk.11:51). Our Lord said that Adam's SIN-NATURE produced, or "generated" serpents. That Noah's "generations" (plural) means that among men generated by angels, Noah's fathers and Noah's sons WERE GENERATED BY MEN AND WOMEN. The devastation of the Flood was not only to eradicate evil men, BUT ALSO to eradicate IMPERFECT GENERATIONS.

    Each proof above is, by itself, not conclusive. But all four together ... ?

    Conversely, if I am wrong, what then could be the explanation?
    • Why are the sons of MEN called the "sons of God"?
    • Why are angels called this in Job?
    • Why was it unnatural for the sons of God to go in unto the "daughters" of MEN?
    • Why does Jude say the angels "sought strange flesh?
    • Why did ONLY this union produce men of RENOWN and men of OLD
    • Why was it recorded that Noah escaped because his "generations" were perfect
    • Why did God order Israel to eradicate the Canaanites? Is it not because they were doing the same thing and producing "giants" (Nu.13:33)

    Nothing by itself is conclusive, but all-together .... ?

  13. #13

    Re: Who were The Sons of God in genesis 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by grogers View Post
    Here is the issue with Gen 6. Since the text does not specifically tell us that those 'sons of God' are angels we are left with no alternative but to apply a definition to 'sons of God.' The question is, what definition do we assign to the 'sons of God'? There are only two possibilities for assigning meaning - human imagination or scripture. If we assign angelic beings to this term we must then find where scripture itself assigns such a definition to 'sons of God'. We see repeated passages where 'sons of God' is used to describe men as the subject both in the old and new testament, but there is no text that ever defines angels in this way. The only possible passage that may indicate that this refers to angels is Job 38:6-7 but even this is inconclusive because the text does not mention angels. Scripture must ALWAYS be allowed to define its own use of language. We are not free to assign our own definitions to biblical terms.

    Insisting that these are angels and could not possibly be anything else makes a number of unwarranted assumptions. This assumes that the term 'sons of god' must only refer to angels in Gen 6. It assumes that the angels which were cast down from heaven were cast down upon the earth. It assumes that if they were cast down upon the earth that they assumed human form. It assumes that if they took human form they became sexual creatures. It assumes that they were sufficiently genetically compatible with human DNA to produce offspring. It assumes that the appearance of the giants in the land can only be explained through this quantum leap of conjecture, none of which is supported by any biblical text. This was simply a matter of human genetics, nothing more. There is nothing in scripture to suggest that angels can reproduce after any fashion much less reproduce the human gene code. In fact, Jesus tells us that angels neither marry nor are they given in marriage. Since this is true, it is quite presumptuous to read Gen. 6:2 and insist that angels did precisely what Jesus said they do not do. The term sons of God must be understood according to the pattern of its usage in scripture. Every other time this phrase is used, it refers to man. That being true, by what rule of interpretation does one assign some other definition to this term?
    luke 20:36 says that to be a son of God is to be like an angel.

    also the term in the Hebrew used in Gen 6 is actually the daughter's of Adam, which means daughters of Men. so the implication is that the sons of God were more than just men.
    also the Sons of God mentioned in Gen 6 are not necessarily the Angels that were cast down as Jude 1:6 tells us that these angels left their own habitation which implies that they did so of their own free will.

    the Angels can take human form jude 13:2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

    the angels are spirit being that have the ability to manifest in the physical they construct their genetics making themselves compatible.

    we know its possible because we see it happen in the story of sodom and Gomorrah where two angels take the form of mere men and the towns people all want to have sex with them.

    this was always a strange story to me growing up and it is one of the only instances ever in the book of blatent homosexuality.

    jude 1:6 "And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
    7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire."

    The explanation of "not keeping their first estate" is "going after strange flesh". The angels were "EVEN AS" the Sodomites who had sexual relations with their kind and not that flesh which God had ordained.

    jesus says the angels IN HEAVEN are neither married nor given in marriage obviously we are talking about fallen angels.

    i mean thats like saying that because God said you are free to eat from every tree in the garden and then denied adam and eve the fruit of knowledge is a contradiction. its obviously not, its an exception. God says no man has seen his face but moses talked with God face to face some see this as a contradiction but is it? no its an exception. moses was just one out of billions .

    yes jesus said in Gen 2:16 they were free to eat of ANY tree but the tree of knowledge was an exception.

    so just because the angels IN HEAVEN do not marry does not mean this is true of fallen angels in fact the bible explicitly states otherwise in jude 1:6

  14. #14

    Re: Who were The Sons of God in genesis 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkman View Post
    What serpent seed are you talking about ? What is not human can't be saved .
    there are both wheat and tares and both have opportunity to come to christ. its the same concept of the good and bad thief

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    32

    Re: Who were The Sons of God in genesis 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by equinox View Post
    luke 20:36 says that to be a son of God is to be like an angel.

    also the term in the Hebrew used in Gen 6 is actually the daughter's of Adam, which means daughters of Men. so the implication is that the sons of God were more than just men.
    also the Sons of God mentioned in Gen 6 are not necessarily the Angels that were cast down as Jude 1:6 tells us that these angels left their own habitation which implies that they did so of their own free will.

    the Angels can take human form jude 13:2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

    the angels are spirit being that have the ability to manifest in the physical they construct their genetics making themselves compatible.

    we know its possible because we see it happen in the story of sodom and Gomorrah where two angels take the form of mere men and the towns people all want to have sex with them.

    this was always a strange story to me growing up and it is one of the only instances ever in the book of blatent homosexuality.

    jude 1:6 "And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
    7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire."

    The explanation of "not keeping their first estate" is "going after strange flesh". The angels were "EVEN AS" the Sodomites who had sexual relations with their kind and not that flesh which God had ordained.

    jesus says the angels IN HEAVEN are neither married nor given in marriage obviously we are talking about fallen angels.

    i mean thats like saying that because God said you are free to eat from every tree in the garden and then denied adam and eve the fruit of knowledge is a contradiction. its obviously not, its an exception. God says no man has seen his face but moses talked with God face to face some see this as a contradiction but is it? no its an exception. moses was just one out of billions .

    yes jesus said in Gen 2:16 they were free to eat of ANY tree but the tree of knowledge was an exception.

    so just because the angels IN HEAVEN do not marry does not mean this is true of fallen angels in fact the bible explicitly states otherwise in jude 1:6
    If you are going to insist that these are angels then you are going to have to find some place in scripture where it explicitly defines angels as sons of God or sons of God as angels. You will find no such example. The term sons of God is however repeated applied to men.

    As far as Jude 1:6-7, perhaps you should diagram those two verses wo you can understand what the text is saying. Look at the construction of the text. "Which likewise indulged in sexual immorality" is not linking the angels who left their first estate to Sodom and Gomorrah, it is linking the behavior of the "surrounding cities" to the like behavior of Sodom and Gomorrah. The sin of the angels is specified simply as having left their "own position of authority" not sexual immorality.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Who or what are the sons of God in Genesis 6
    By Brother Paul in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: May 25th 2013, 11:35 AM
  2. Sons of God in Genesis 6
    By Equipped_4_Love in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: Apr 4th 2011, 08:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •