Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forgiveness in truth and godly fear

Forgiveness in truth and godly fear

When Jesus spoke, it is the truth , the eternal truth. There is a parable in Matthew chapter 18....

“Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants. And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents. But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.

The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all. Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.

But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest. And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all. And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.

So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done. Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me: Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?

And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.

So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.”
    **Matthew‬ *18:23-35‬ *KJV

we cannot accept the forgiveness of God, and then turn and be unforgiving. You have the words of the Lord who bles for our forgiveness.

And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.”
    **Mark‬ *11:25‬ *KJV‬‬

“After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.”
    **Matthew‬ *6:9, 12, 14-15‬ *KJV‬‬

You can hear about how you are forgiven by the cross alone regardless of what you do.....but remember the words of our Lord

Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.”
    **Matthew‬ *24:35‬ *KJV‬‬

Knowing Who is actually the lord...

And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say? Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.

But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.”
    **Luke‬ *6:46-49‬ *KJV

And always remember this no matter how much you hear about " grace alone, no works" the same apostle taught

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.”
    **2 Corinthians‬ *5:10-11‬ *KJV‬‬

For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living. But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.”
    **Romans‬ *14:9-12‬ *KJV‬‬

Peter preaching to the Gentiles....

“How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him. .... whom they slew and hanged on a tree: Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly;

And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead. To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.”
    **Acts‬ *10:38-40, 42-44‬ *KJV‬‬

Jesus is the one judge of mankind...

Paul preaching to both Jew and Gentiles....

“And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.”
    **Acts‬ *17:30-31‬ *KJV‬‬

Jesus is the one judge of mankind. no matter what different doctrine you may hear, remember he himself who suffered and died, his words will never pass away, and he will never change. Keep his words and know they are true. Like the man in the parable we cannot pay our debt, so the Lord has given us freely mercy and forgiven our debt. But just remember the rest of the parable. Remember his teachings and words , all of Gods will is manifest to us through Christ. There are forces seeking to get us away from the truth , away from understanding we have to give an account to the one who spoke forth the truth of God eternal.

his blood, his word. always make sure to be thankful and praise him for his mercy, and never forget to fear him because we all must give an account of what we have done with the life he has given us through his sacrifice. We do have a law eternal....it's the word of the King eternal, the same who forgave our sins and has shown us the light of truth .

God bless you in the things of our Lord and savior, his word is there to heal us , believe.

Re: Forgiveness in truth and godly fear

Forgiveness begets forgiveness. Inability to forgive is the unforgivable sin. It leads to death.
    Grace and peace unto you from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ!

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious View Post
    Forgiveness begets forgiveness. Inability to forgive is the unforgivable sin. It leads to death.
    Amen , I think I understand what you are saying .

I'm not sure if it's an inability, honestly I think in Christianity these days , Christians often aren't hearing the doctrine of Christ regarding these things. We hear so much about what God has done for us , but very little about what Christ has taught us to do in response. I believe most Christians who sincerely believe in the Lord, if they knew the truth about things like " forgive and you will be forgiven" because they have faith , if they will refuse to reject it, if there seems to be an inability to forgive, the truth works by faith in us to change those things.

it seems often we hear only the things that people want to hear from the gospel, your forgiven, God loves you, you are saved by grace through faith, you are a child of God, ......but how often do we hear the things our Lord who did all things for us, actually taught us , to do?

your forgiven .....forgive others as he has forgive you...God loves you even though your not perfect......Love others even when they don't measure up ....you are saved by grace......be gracious and give grace to those who need it.....you are a child of God........so is every other believer....God loves you, God loves them...ect.

in Paul's final letter before his execution he said something that we should look to understanding it's been nearly 2000 years since

I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:”
    **2 Timothy‬ *4:1-4, 6-7‬ *KJV‬‬

it's good we understand were saved by grace through faith, it's never good to erase all the things were taught to do.

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

While not forgiving others is detailed as sinful, this sin is not unforgivable. The moment one heeds the conviction of their unforgiveness and forgives, evidence of their repenting of their unforgiveness... God will forgive them of that sin.
    Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    While not forgiving others is detailed as sinful, this sin is not unforgivable. The moment one heeds the conviction of their unforgiveness and forgives, evidence of their repenting of their unforgiveness... God will forgive them of that sin.

amen, it's only unforgivable if we will not heed the truth and let the conviction lead us to repentance. The problem is when we don't hear the word of our lord, meaning let it into our understanding as it is, the word of our Lord eternal. The first thing we should all accept is forgiveness through Jesus Christ, both ours , and those who have done us wrong in some way....

I've noticed over the years if one is taught," your forgiven, there's nothing you need to do, or you are now working for your salvation and have fallen from grace" it works against us so that when we hear " you must forgive because I have forgiven you" we find a wall is built and it's difficult to let that in for some. We need the truth in order to let him convict us, in order for us to have any motivation to change the things in us contrary to God. Unforgiveness being a major thing.

it's not easy for us to really forgive whe people have wronged us, we want by nature " an eye for an eye " doctrine, but were made alive through " forgive and you will be forgiven"

The only unforgivable sin I read about in scripture is the sin of unbelief.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pbminimum View Post
    Unbelief isn't the unforgivable sin... if unbelief was unforgivable, NO ONE can believe because all are unbelievers (commit unbelief) until the day they choose to believe
    Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Follower1977 View Post
    amen, it's only unforgivable if we will not heed the truth and let the conviction lead us to repentance. The problem is when we don't hear the word of our lord, meaning let it into our understanding as it is, the word of our Lord eternal. The first thing we should all accept is forgiveness through Jesus Christ, both ours , and those who have done us wrong in some way....

I've noticed over the years if one is taught," your forgiven, there's nothing you need to do, or you are now working for your salvation and have fallen from grace" it works against us so that when we hear " you must forgive because I have forgiven you" we find a wall is built and it's difficult to let that in for some. We need the truth in order to let him convict us, in order for us to have any motivation to change the things in us contrary to God. Unforgiveness being a major thing.

it's not easy for us to really forgive whe people have wronged us, we want by nature " an eye for an eye " doctrine, but were made alive through " forgive and you will be forgiven"
    Going from "unforgivING to forgiving" is one of the toughest struggles during our sanctification
    Slug1--out

Quote Originally Posted by Pbminimum View Post

“And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.”
    **Matthew‬ *12:32‬ *KJV‬‬

Jesus had been healing and driving out demons by the power of God through the holy ghost , they were saying " he's doing these things by the power of beelzebub, ( a chief demon) to which Jesus replied regarding the unforgivable sin. So I see what you are saying there. They were seeing the power of God, and disbelieved so much , thier answer was" he's doing these things by the power of demons"

thier unbelief led them to speak against. The Holy Ghost, and unbelief always leads us astray.

Going from "unforgivING to forgiving" is one of the toughest struggles during our sanctification

yes I would agree, I think also , some people are just by nature very forgiving. but for them, there is some other critical and difficult struggle. Could be greed, pride, lust, or many other issues we face in this flesh. Forgiving someone who has really really wronged you , I agree is a difficult struggle, a hard feat for many. What I found is that when you begin forgiveness in prayer for those who have wronged you, and ask the lord to strengthen you in these things, he will always answer and when we begin in prayer fighting our battles , such as Unforgiveness, there is power we can't find ourselves by our will.

sometimes we see it as " well I just can't do it" but we never turn to the lord for the abilities we need. He's there to heal our flaws and loves it when we're in prayer for others forgiveness who have done wrong ......it's a true reflection of Jesus Christ the source of all forgiveness.

Unbelief isn't the unforgivable sin... if unbelief was unforgivable, NO ONE can believe because all are unbelievers (commit unbelief) until the day they choose to believe
    and they need to hear in order to believe the correct things

“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

....So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”
    **Romans‬ *10:13-15, 17‬ *KJV‬‬

doctrine is so important, because our faith is built by what we accept and believe. If we hear enough incorrect doctrine our faith gets distorted and creates even greater challenges

Refusing to forgive will absolutely eat someone alive if they stay in that condition. I've seen it too many times.

Continued unbelief.

Matthew 6:14-15 KJV

14 For if we forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive ypu.
    15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Above scripture is very clear and easy to understand: our not forgiving offenders begets not being forgiven by the Father. That makes the sin of not forgiving others to be unforgivable.

In other words, no man who does not forgive others will be forgiven of his sins. Nothing will make the Father or the Christ forgive a person who does not forgive his/her offenders.

Let us forgive one another and not make excuses for ourselves. If forgiving one another is such a difficult task to do, Jesus Christ would not have so ordered.

Unbelief is forgivable. Grace helps unbelief.

Matt. 9: 23-24 KJV

23 Jesus said unto him, if thou casnst believe, all things are possible for him that believeth.
    24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe, help thou mine unbelief.

Thread Information