Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Is infant baptism from the Bible?

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Re: Is infant baptism from the Bible?

Quote Originally Posted by Aristarkos View Post
    The so called great commission is not for our time.

Aristarkos
    A, can you divide this verse into your conclusion because right now, this verse refutes your conclusion:

Acts 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

Based on your conclusion... this verse refutes and shows you that "time" has not yet ended meaning, we are still to follow Jesus' commandment.
    Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

First you have to say what those things are that the Lord taught them.

Aristarkos
    ALL ... Especially including what He had just said.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    A, can you divide this verse into your conclusion because right now, this verse refutes your conclusion:

Acts 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

Based on your conclusion... this verse refutes and shows you that "time" has not yet ended meaning, we are still to follow Jesus' commandment.
    What does this verse has to do with the great commission ? And based on the context (Judea and Samaria) the Greek word ge should have been translated land .

You seem to think that I see time end? I meant time-period now lasting for almost 2000 years.

Aristarkos
    Last edited by Aristarkos; Apr 15th 2019 at 07:58 PM. Reason: added the last sentence

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pbminimum View Post
    ALL ... Especially including what He had just said.
    You mean like Mat. 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not ?

Aristarkos

You mean like Mat. 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not ?

Aristarkos
    No. If He had said go into those cities teaching what I've taught you... Yes.

Blog Entries

No. If He had said go into those cities teaching what I've taught you... Yes.
    I don't get what you mean Pb.

Aristarkos

I don't get what you mean Pb.

Aristarkos
    He implicitly said teach them what I taught you, which was making disciples and teaching what He taught them. Those who were taught would do the same - teaching others to teach.

Blog Entries

He implicitly said teach them what I taught you, which was making disciples and teaching what He taught them. Those who were taught would do the same - teaching others to teach.
    But that is not what He said: Teaching them to observe (keep) all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you all days, even unto the end of the aion. Amen , which is something different then to make teachers.

Aristarkos

But that is not what He said: Teaching them to observe (keep) all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you all days, even unto the end of the aion. Amen , which is something different then to make teachers.

Aristarkos
    You can't see it.. That's ok.

Example -

Apostle's go out to make disciples and teach what they've been taught to group A.

Group A goes to make disciples to Group B teaching all they've been taught By the Apostle's.

Group B goes to make disciples of Group C teaching all they've been taught by group A.

And on and on.

If this pattern had not been followed the Gospel would never have been spread to the ends of the "land" , "earth" , or anywhere else. It would have stopped with Group A.

Make sense ?

And add that if they had not taught the disciples to go teach other disciples to make disciples, they would not have been teaching all that they had been taught.

Blog Entries

Example -

Apostle's go out to make disciples and teach what they've been taught to group A.

Group A goes to make disciples to Group B teaching all they've been taught By the Apostle's.

Group B goes to make disciples of Group C teaching all they've been taught by group A.

And on and on.

If this pattern had not been followed the Gospel would never have been spread to the ends of the "land" , "earth" , or anywhere else. It would have stopped with Group A.

Make sense ?
    What does this has to do with the so called great commission ? You're not providing a single Scripture in the above text. Most of the current church members are blissfully unaware of what Paul calls the purpose of the aions (Eph. 3:11 Greek text). We are now living in an aion as 2 Cor. 4:4 says In whom the god of this aion hath blinded the minds of them which believe not ... and Luke 20:34, 35 And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this aion marry, and are given in marriage: But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that aion, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage . So the next aion starts when the resurrection is there and this happens when the Lord returns.

In the so called great commission our Lord says in v. 20 ... I am with you all days unto the consummation of the aion . In that time the consummation of the aion was still possible, this is taking place at the return of the Lord. Because of Israels refusal to accept their Messiah this is postponed for almost 2000 years. So some take it to be about the current aion, but it can also be about the aion to come. Then after all Israel will be the kingdom of priests (Exo. 19:6) or as Peter says in 1 Pet. 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light , and this is more like the great commission than most churches want to have it now for themselves.

When this aion comes to its end, the last seven of Daniel comes first, these are the last seven years of this aion, then the gospel of the Kingdom will be heralded not preached (Mat. 24:14) to all nations, the time of the antichrist. It is highly unlikely that all those who wander after the beast are going to be baptized in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost, let alone observe all things Christ taught His disciples. So the so called great commission is not for the current dispensation (or time) and also not for this aion.

Aristarkos

That sir IS the Great Commission.

Believe what you will.

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

What does this verse has to do with the great commission ? And based on the context (Judea and Samaria) the Greek word ge should have been translated land .
    Has everything to do with the execution of the Great Commission. Did Jesus "not" inform the disciples to hang out together while they waited for the coming of the Holy Spirit and that they are NOT to execute any of the Great Commission until AFTER, the Holy Spirit came?
    Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    Has everything to do with the execution of the Great Commission. Did Jesus "not" inform the disciples to hang out together while they waited for the coming of the Holy Spirit and that they are NOT to execute any of the Great Commission until AFTER, the Holy Spirit came?
    The disciples were Jews, Israelite, not gentiles from the church. Again, neither you nor Pb come up with a single Scripture all Pb said was:

That sir IS the Great Commission.

Believe what you will.
    So again I say, show ONE verse where anybody baptized anyone like Mat. 28:19 says, is that to much to ask?

Aristarkos

Thread Information