Thread: Crucifixion of the flesh through the spirit

Crucifixion of the flesh through the spirit

something to consider ...

a repetitive theme in Paul's teaching...

"This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.”
    **Galatians‬ *5:16-25‬ *KJV‬‬

one example...

“Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: <<< the flesh desires this.

because of this

"For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.”
    **Mark‬ *7:21-23‬ *KJV‬‬

so we are by nature led into this...

"Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. "

this is the spirit we need to accept....understanding it's a spiritual truth.

" But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.”
    **Matthew‬ *5:27-29‬ *KJV‬

Knowing this...

“Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.”
    **John‬ *3:5-6‬ *KJV‬‬

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.”
    **John‬ *6:63‬ *KJV‬‬

Which when we learn and grow and persevere in the gospel truths produces a heart resembling this....

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

which produces righteous actions because we know what is in the heart is what comes out of us.

"And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.”

in order to crucify "the flesh, affections and lusts "or as he puts it in another place " mortifying the deeds of the flesh "

“For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.”
    **Romans‬ *8:12-14‬ *KJV‬‬

"For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. "

we change the mind through the knowledge we take in and believe.

“And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”
    **Romans‬ *12:2‬ *KJV‬‬

“Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.”
    **John‬ *7:16-17‬ *KJV

Through believing the gospel preached by Jesus Christ, if we will accept and believe his word, because we understand its Gods word who is spirit. it will change our minds and hearts from those after the carnal things, full of lust , greed, pride, envy, hate, grudges , doubt ect... Into those shaped by his doctrine , shaped as the children of God ,,,, given control of the inner things of the spirit, because that's the battleground that determines our actions .

if I believe this...

But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.”
    **Matthew‬ *5:27-29‬ *KJV‬‬

if I keep it in my mind and heart, knowing it is a spiritual teaching not a literal law, rather an understanding given to me by the Lord himself, purposes for us to know lust is the issue , and it will lead us to hell . it's there to combat and overcome the lust in my heart, because the lust in me, is what gives me motive to commit adultery and fornications and sexually immoral deeds....the flesh deeds we are to put to death, or " crucify"

think of this , now ...knowing again it's a spiritual teaching....remembering the phrase Paul used "crucify the flesh"

“Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.”
    **Matthew‬ *16:24-27‬ *KJV‬‬

we need to keep and follow after the Lord Jesus teachings and commands, through doing this we will " crucify the flesh " as we said above, the deeds of the flesh, which comes from the heart within us. Once we recognize what it is that keeps us bound in sin, we can overcome the strongholds and break the bonds , something we cannot achieve through our own will, or the strength of our flesh, it is only accomplished by the word of the Lord. The Gospel. Are works are changed from sin to righteousness, because our minds and hearts are changed. prayer is a weapon when we realize where the battle lies .

We may not pray for a million dollars to appear magically, but God will always answer the sinner wanting to be free from sins grasp.

we need only believe the true Gospel, because we believe in the One who said it, we have faith in him, so we have no doubt his words are the right ones, if we doubt it...we have all the things like this

For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him. The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.”
    **John‬ *3:34-36‬ *KJV‬‬

“Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.”
    **John‬ *7:16-17‬ *KJV‬‬

"But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.”
    **John‬ *4:23-26‬ *KJV‬‬

"Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.”

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.”

“For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will. For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.”
    **John‬ *5:21-22, 24-25‬ *KJV‬‬

“I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.

Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.”
    **John‬ *8:26, 28, 31-32, 34, 36, 42-43, 45, 51‬ *KJV

the word of God is active in our minds and hearts because we accept it and believe it, he will work in us through faith to bring us into his will because ...

“For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”
    **Hebrews‬ *4:12‬ *KJV‬‬

It matters if you hear do not commit adultery....or what Jesus said of things, his words are spiritual meant for faith that works in us.

so that

“And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.”
    **Philippians‬ *2:11-13‬ *KJV‬‬

remember God has always done his work, through his word. He said let there be....and it is so. It works the same in us, his word is able , it's found in the Gospel according to Matthew, the gospel according to mark, the gospel according to Luke, and the gospel according to John.

it is the law of the spirit, that gives us life, and freedom. consider I'll most likely add more scriptures in the comments there are so many to support these....

God bless you brothers and sisters in the abundance of his gifts , and shower you with grace upon grace that we may exalt the name of Jesus Christ to where it belongs, the Lord of heaven and earth , King of kings

Re: Crucifixion of the flesh through the spirit

Continuing regarding his word

Born again...

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.”

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.”

"Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls. But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

...But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.”
    **James‬ *1:18, 21-22, 25‬ *KJV‬‬

"Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.
    **1 Peter‬ *1:21-23, 25‬ *KJV‬‬

“Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.”
    **Matthew‬ *24:35‬ *KJV‬‬

jesus is Lord...

But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.”
    **Romans‬ *10:8-11‬ *KJV‬‬

so then...

“And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say? Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.

But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.”
    **Luke‬ *6:46-49‬ *KJV‬‬

freedom from sin

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free...

(they reply were not enslaved how are you going to free us?)

...Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.....If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
    John 8 :31-34 KJV

and so Paul said...

“Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness. What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.

But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
    **Romans‬ *6:16-18, 20-23‬ *KJV‬‬

grace and truth...

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth......And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.”
    **John‬ *1:14, 16-17‬ *KJV‬‬

Paul....

"For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel; Which is come unto you, as it is in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in truth:”
    **Colossians‬ *1:5-6‬ *KJV‬‬

so some things here may not be well known by everyone, but I hope you are able to consider and see that through the word comes the spirit , spirit is the knowledge, or the understanding in the words of Jesus Christ, who was the anointed one from the beginning. I'm saying here that through the understanding in the gospels, the sin in our hearts, is circumsized by Jesus Christ through his word.

And the result of this knowledge we've been given imparts through perseverance and belief this to the believer

Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
    **2 Peter‬ *1:2-8‬ *KJV‬‬

these days there are so many different doctrines, we have sort of lost sight of the true freedom from sin, and the imparting of real righteousness that is the purpose of the gospel. Saving us through redeeming us from sin and our servitude to it, that lies within us.

brothers, consider these things we are late in time I think we all understand that. There's nothing in scripture that allows us to remain in sin, or continue on in Christ , being unchanged in the heart this is the change we must seek , because when our hearts begin to change , our actions change with it. So the end is the imparting of the nature of Jesus Christ, his righteousness given to us who just believe and follow his words where they lead us.

from the dreary dungeon of sin, into the glorious light waiting outside of the empty tomb, rise up he is calling you.

all things for the glory of Him who has saved us from the powers of darkness, delivering us into the kingdom of eternal light and truth' the kingdom of God.....

So, this " kingdom we sometimes hear about....this also, is something that Jesus preached, it's on his teachings in the gospel. Which is called the gospel of the kingdom of God. It is the new and eternal covenant. Some will insist that Paul somehow preached a different gospel....but of course there is just the one gospel. notice , you will. Ot find this preaching in the Old Testament,,,,

The Kingdom of God....the gospel of grace and truth

“And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth......And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.”
    **John‬ *1:14, 16-17‬ *KJV‬‬

"The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.”
    **Luke‬ *16:16‬ *KJV‬‬‬‬

"The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;

...Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”

**Mark‬ *1:1, 14-15‬ *KJV‬‬

“And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent.”
    **Luke‬ *4:43‬ *KJV‬‬

“And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.”
    **Luke‬ *4:4‬ *KJV

"For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him. The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.”
    **John‬ *3:34-36‬ *KJV‬‬

**John‬ *7:16-17‬ *KJV‬‬

( the time is at hand)

"But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.”

**John‬ *4:23-26‬ *KJV‬‬

"Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.”

“For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will. For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.”
    **John‬ *5:21-22, 24-25‬ *KJV‬‬

“And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.”
    **Luke‬ *9:2‬ *KJV‬‬

“And the people, when they knew it, followed him: and he received them, and spake unto them of the kingdom of God, and healed them that had need of healing.”
    **Luke‬ *9:11‬ *KJV‬‬

“But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”
    **Matthew‬ *6:33‬ *KJV‬‬

notice here the word of the kingdom, is what produces the fruit, itself in those who receive it. And also note the process of growth first the sprout , then the ear, then the fruit....
    ‬‬

"And he said, So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground; And should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should spring and grow up, he knoweth not how. For the earth bringeth forth fruit of herself; first the blade, then the ear, after that the full corn in the ear.
    Mark‬ *4:26-28 KJV‬‬

Notice here it's for all people...

"And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.”
    **Luke‬ *13:29‬ *KJV‬‬

this next one is important understanding regarding the kingdom

“And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
    **Luke‬ *17:20-21‬ *KJV‬‬

we need to accept it as a child accepting the things they learn....sometimes our own " wisdom" gets in the way of us being able to learn from the good teacher, the Lord Jesus....

“Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.
    **Luke‬ *18:17‬ *KJV‬‬

his gospel is forever...

"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.”
    **Matthew‬ *24:35‬ *KJV‬‬

"And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.”
    **Matthew‬ *24:14‬ *KJV‬‬

jesus gives them the commission to begin this process...

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
    **Mark‬ *16:15-16‬ *KJV‬‬

"And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
    **Matthew‬ *28:18-20‬ *KJV‬‬

“But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.”
    **Acts‬ *8:12‬ *KJV‬‬

Paul...

“And he went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the kingdom of God.”
    **Acts‬ *19:8‬ *KJV‬‬

“Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ...And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.”
    **Acts‬ *20:21, 25‬ *KJV‬‬

“And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.”
    **Acts‬ *28:23‬ *KJV‬‬

"And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him, Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.”
    **Acts‬ *28:30-31‬ *KJV‬‬‬‬

“Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,...Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name: Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:”
    **Romans‬ *1:1, 3-6‬ *KJV‬‬

“For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.”
    **Romans‬ *14:17‬ *KJV‬‬

"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.”
    **1 Corinthians‬ *6:9-10‬ *KJV‬‬

“Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.”
    **1 Corinthians‬ *15:50‬ *KJV‬‬

“Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:”
    **Colossians‬ *1:13‬ *KJV‬‬

(note who Paul's companions in ministry were, 2 of them penned 2 of the 4 gospels)

"Aristarchus my fellowprisoner saluteth you, and Mark, sister's son to Barnabas, (touching whom ye received commandments: .....Justus....These only are my fellowworkers unto the kingdom of God, which have been a comfort unto me....Luke, the beloved physician, and Demas, greet you.”
    **Colossians‬ *4:10-11‬ *,14 KJV‬‬

“But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.”
    **Ephesians‬ *5:3-5‬ *KJV‬‬

“Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.”
    **Galatians‬ *5:19-21‬ *KJV‬‬

Paul may call the gospel the gospel of grace, the gospel of God, the gospel of the kingdom, but he isn't preaching different gospels....he's expounding on the gospel preached by the Christ anointed from the beginning to do so.

A few parables concerning the kingdom , spoken forth by Your King and mine

explaination of the wheat and tares parable...

“He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;

The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom;

but the tares are the children of the wicked one; The enemy that sowed them is the devil;

the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

that one is the understanding of the parable, the next few ....look for the understanding Jesus is conveying, don't go sell all you have and try to but the kingdom �� But understand the value and worth the merchant finds in the kingdom compared to what he has before...

Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.

Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

Look for the message , the spirit in the parables...

Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:

Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.

So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just, And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Jesus saith unto them, [B]Have ye understood all these things? They say unto him, Yea, Lord.”[/B]
    **Matthew‬ *13:37-51‬ *KJV‬‬

remember also when reading Matthew , he writes kingdom of heaven, when reading mark and Luke they write kingdom of God, there is no difference only Matthews Jewish roots and Luke and marks audience were more gentile being Paul's companions often...

this one is rich and deep

“And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said, The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son, And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding:

and they would not come.

Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage.

But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise: And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them.

But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city. Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.

Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage. So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.

And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:

And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment?

And he was speechless. Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. For many are called, but few are chosen.”
    **Matthew‬ *22:1-14‬ *KJV‬‬

God bless you in the things of Jesus Christ, those who find the kingdom, are those who recognize the value of the King , and the truth of his words....consider his parables they are so full of wisdom and understanding for other important things we find in scripture.

So to simplify all this. Words contain knowledge, the knowledge we accept and believe, create thoughts and intents of the heart, or rather " desires" and that is what leads us into sin . If we have no lust in our heart, we will not have motive or reason to commit immoral actions concerning lust. If we rid grudge bearing and I'll will, hate , revenge ...from our heart we will not commit violence. If we recognize greed and covetous thinking from our minds and hearts, we will be giving people who are willing with a good heart to help the poor and needy among us....

what we take in goes into our minds which is the gateway to,our heart where our nature in spirit resides. We also can take in and believe the wrong things, and be shaped inwardly after that. We truly need to guard our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus as the scripture declares. One can take in things like pornography, and the effect will be a heart consumed with lustful thinking which will lead to desires for those things and then actions will follow. We can study and believe in witchcraft and that will begin to,shake thinking and lead us into false worship of the creation rather than the creator.

we can take in doctrine of Islam, and we understand how convicted one can become of again, worship and servitude of a false god. If you look at satan in the bible, you see his power is that of false doctrine, lies, deceit . There is never a time he takes a knife and stabs anyone, or starts a fire and burns down a city....his only weapon against man is to deceive them into following anything other than The word of God. He did it to Adam and Eve, he tried hard to get to,Jesus with the same thing. Notice Satan quotes scripture to Jesus, trying to deceive him, and Jesus responds with the better and correct scripture to refute his feeble attempt.

watch his scam

God gives Adam a commandment meant to,keep Adam alive. A warning of deadly fruit.

“And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.”
    **Genesis‬ *2:16-17‬ *KJV‬‬

simple Adam is free to eat any trees fruit , but is warned this one is deadly for you don't eat it.

so here he comes, first he questions what God had said. Note the slight difference

“Now the serpent.....said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

Eve knows the commandment

And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

right here is where mankind fell, notice part of this is true, but he founds it upon a lie, a direct contradiction to what God had said.

And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.”
    **Genesis‬ *3:1-5‬ *KJV‬‬

the black there is true, but the red, that is the contrary of what God said of things . Gods command is life if they believe it. Satans word is death if they believe it. This presents the first real choice of " do I believe what God said ? Or do,I believe what Satan has said?" See the proof of who they believed watch her perception change from " don't touch or eat the fruit, to...

“And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

now continue seeing the result and note the difference from beforehand " both the man and his wife were naked and felt no shame"

And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons. And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden. And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
    **Genesis‬ *3:6-10‬ *KJV‬‬

this is beforehand they were in Gids presence

“And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.”
    **Genesis‬ *2:25‬ *KJV‬‬

So we then see as we read on in chapter 3, mankind has cursed the earth, and just as God had said , man has brought death to himself. Gods word is always true, it's impossible for him to lie. Do you see how Satan used Gods commandment, that was meant to keep them safe, to kill mankind? So that's one example there in the beginning. He doesn't change his tactics

we move forward to,the Lord Jesus

“Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.

But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple, And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. <<< he's using scripture again Gods word.

Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.”
    **Matthew‬ *4:1, 3-11‬ *KJV‬‬

Notice all he is doing is what he's saying, tempting Jesus to believe him, he even quotes from the Old Testament, but with the intent of leading Jesus astray. Notice more that unlike Eve and Adam, Jesus replied with Gods word every time. Quoting things written in the Old Testament. Had Adam and Eve stuck with " God said the fruit is deadly were not going to believe you Satan......things would have been very different for them.

for the church , this is where this really is important now satans plot is the same , but now we're facing what we call false doctrine which has spread so far throughout the world, and the church also.

“Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.”
    **2 Timothy‬ *4:2-4‬ *KJV‬

This is why we must stick to the gospel of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ, it's why His Words are the words we need to hold fast to, believe, learn , follow after , consider , because his words are those ordained for salvation of man, redemption to our place in the presence of God, reconciliation of our relationship with God, mans place on the beginning before Satan did his work. Which was a simple lie. If you look throughout scripture you see the lies of Satan affecting men leading them astray in many places even accusing us before God day and night for whatever transgressions we have committed.

he uses Gods words against mankind, this is what he did with the mosaic law through that knowledge of sin living within us. Satan works the same way he also doesn't change, in order for him to work his will, he must first deceive a mind that believes his lies and follows after it.

a mind filled with the truth of Jesus Christ will never fall for

“Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;”
    **1 Timothy‬ *4:1-2‬ *KJV‬‬

“For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.”
    **2 Timothy‬ *3:2-7‬ *KJV‬‬

we're warned many times of doctrine straying from the truth of the gospel

“But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.”
    **2 Peter‬ *2:1-2‬ *KJV‬‬

in the end we need to believe this

“Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:”
    **2 John‬ *1:9-10‬ *KJV‬‬

there is no different gospel , no,other way of salvation, no other sword of the spirit, but the word of God. Cling to the gospel, if you haven't learned much of it, trust the doctrine of jesusm Christ , he came for the purpose of bearing witness to the truth remember, he says many times " hear my words and believe and you will have eternal life " many things like that concerning his gospel, meaning the gospel he preached lived and died for including his sacrifice, which of course he first preached to them , before he suffered and died and rose and was taken up tomGods right hand.....first he spoke it. Believe his words it is life

understanding there is grace, comfort , assurance , wisdom, forgiveness , mercy, truth , correction and rebuke along with Godly fear all imparted through faith in him, through accepting and believing his truth.

God bless you in the things of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ , the same who is waiting and calling for as many as we can point his direction. Tell them about the lord and his living word

Here we see that before Christ was born and began preaching the gospel, that the prophets were already speaking forth of these things for instance

“But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”
    **Jeremiah‬ *31:33-34‬ *KJV‬‬

do you see how this is accomplished? What we're saying here is through the knowledge of the gospel, the living and active word of God, through the mind becomes part of our heart, in other words his will is written on our hearts. We all understand the forgiveness of sins came through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ at Calvary, and also through the gospel, and our faith in him, believing and accepting these things become part of our minds and heart.

or again

“Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.”
    **Ezekiel‬ *36:25-27‬ *KJV‬‬

now think about what allll those scriptures concerning the gospel are saying remember Jesus words

“Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.”
    **John‬ *15:3‬ *KJV‬‬

"....I will sprinkle clean water upon you and ye shall be clean"

If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.”
    **John‬ *14:15-17‬ *KJV‬‬

" I will put a new spirit in you a new heart"

“It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.”

" I will cause you to walk in my ways.."

this kind of things is really throughout the prophets from Moses forward, even before , but much more so, beginning with Moses speaking of the messiah who would not only die for our sins and offer forgiveness, but would speak forth the eternal words of God, would give us a new spirit, would quicken us , would teach us the things of God, would then send his law out through his disciples to the whole earth....

Hearken to me, ye that follow after righteousness, ye that seek the Lord: look unto the rock whence ye are hewn, and to the hole of the pit whence ye are digged. Look unto Abraham your father, and unto Sarah that bare you: for I called him alone, and blessed him, and increased him.

Hearken unto me, my people; and give ear unto me, O my nation: for a law shall proceed from me, and I will make my judgment to rest for a light of the people. My righteousness is near; my salvation is gone forth, and mine arms shall judge the people; the isles shall wait upon me, and on mine arm shall they trust.”
    **Isaiah‬ *51:1-2, 4-5‬ *KJV‬‬

many things regarding Jesus bringing the light in his doctrine were in the prophets, so then we understand things like this

“And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.”
    **John‬ *3:19-21‬ *KJV‬‬

when we begin learning and hearing be living his teachings, as we've been saying here, it forces us to confront the things , that we sinners do, and through the flesh we love those things, greed and her deeds, lust and her deeds, selfishness, hate and vengeance, or whatever there may be in us, in our lives that we do , and simply don't want to let go of.

if we love those things it will cause us to reject the true gospel , because the gospel is there to reprove the deeds of darkness in us by this faith we've spoken of. This then creates the need for doctrines with itching ears , meant to placate, excuse our own sins which we do not want to lose, those pleasures of the flesh as many as they are. In faith we begin seeing that we cannot continue holding on to the darkness, and also walk in the light, which is the law of Christ.

we then begin to omit things because maybe one example, we've lived our lives holding money and wealth as something we cherish and seek after, desire, and maybe our personal opinion is " this money is mine I worked hard for it, if the others want money let them work , it's not my place to care for the poor we all have the same opportunity...ect.

what we do is jistify the things we think, above the things Jesus Christ has taught us. So we see how he teaches us the importance of sharing, the importance of helping others putting the needs of the poor above my own wants , my extra, is mine, I don't have any obligation to help that guy I see begging" I'm saving for a better fishing boat, work hard , so Jesus doesn't care if I don't share with the less fortunate , he loves me and wants me to have the better boat...or that 3 rd car...

the desires of the world, and what mankind says is right, is very contrary to the things Jesus teaches the things of light and truth and spirit. We need to accept the light of things, in order to let it reveal the things of darkness in us, our battle is when we see things he's saying clearly explaining " my words and sayings my teachings are eternal life...and they contradict my own life and how I think and live and what I want....our challenge is to accept his word , and let that become our thinking.

it's not overnight , but it will redeem the darkness whatever it may be in our lives and hearts, into light and truth of God.

Thread Information