Thread: Isaiah 2

Isaiah 2

I am currently studying Isaiah and reading through Chapter 2 a thought came to me and I wanted to see if you all see it the same or if I am off the deep end.

Isaiah 2:6 for you have abandoned your people, the house of Jacob, because they are filled with influences from the east; they are soothsayers like the Philistines; they strike hands with the children of foreigners.

Isaiah continues in verse 7, the richness of the land, full of horses and chariots. They were wealthy so maybe they thought this was God blessing them for embracing other people?

They even practiced sacrificing their own children to other gods, would you say parents sacrifice their children today but not actually killing them? But rather, sacrificing them in the sense of neglect, abuse, etc?

In regards to the influence from the east and its affect on the Israelites, seems very similar to the US today. To save peace, we have allowed other nations, religions, cultures to infiltrate ours for the sake of diversity. To keep the peace we have compromised our beliefs to engage these different cultures, even though we know itís false. Issues coming from diversity seem to do more harm than good, itís actually evil. I think it says in Isaiah, people call good evil and evil good, itís appropriate here.

It might be really obvious to some, but would you say this is on the right track? Does anyone else have insight they wouldnít mind sharing?

Thanks for help.

Re: Isaiah 2

I think it's about walking away from the word of God, the light of God and adopting the ways of this world.
    Not really "our country" vs "their country", but God's country, the heavenly country vs the kingdoms of this world.

Quote Originally Posted by journeyman View Post
    I think it's about walking away from the word of God, the light of God and adopting the ways of this world.
    Not really "our country" vs "their country", but God's country, the heavenly country vs the kingdoms of this world.
    That makes sense, thank you Journeyman. I think it is bigger than the issue of diversity and you made me realize this.

You bring up a good point about God’s way or the world’s way. I see the world’s way, maybe not so much as a plural Kingdoms, but satan’s kingdom, it is his world order, right? The spirit of the anti christ is in the world powers, it is in the schools, governments and even in many church buildings. I believe John used the term anti christ in a plural sense, there are many and they are in the world.

We can see Satan is very organized, he is so cunning, he has convinced much of the world, his ways are right, which brings what Isaiah said around again, people call good evil and evil good.

He has distracted us from God’s ways and God’s Word from the beginning. I don’t see it stopping anytime soon but getting worse!

Maybe I am off here but this is how I see things right now. Maybe the Lord will enlighten me more or set me straight.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    In regards to the influence from the east and its affect on the Israelites, seems very similar to the US today. To save peace, we have allowed other nations, religions, cultures to infiltrate ours for the sake of diversity. To keep the peace we have compromised our beliefs to engage these different cultures, even though we know itís false.
    I do agree with you on this. It's often touted that in the Old Testament the Law required the Israelites to welcome strangers. While this is true, what they neglect to mention is the requirement for foreigners to assimilate and follow the Jewish Law. For examples from Scripture see here.

https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topi...ded-In-The-Law

If we don't get a grip on our borders and soon the US as we know it will be long gone. It may already be too late. While most people would agreeóI thinkóthat compassion for strangers is a good thing, unregulated, unthinking "compassion" isn't really compassion. What are all these people flooding in from Central America going to do when they wake up and find that the US has become Central America?

Originally posted by DavidC
    I see the worldís way, maybe not so much as a plural Kingdoms, but satanís kingdom, it is his world order, right?
    Yep. We either belong to God's Kingdom or the other one.

I am currently studying Isaiah and reading through Chapter 2 a thought came to me and I wanted to see if you all see it the same or if I am off the deep end.

Isaiah 2:6 for you have abandoned your people, the house of Jacob, because they are filled with influences from the east; they are soothsayers like the Philistines; they strike hands with the children of foreigners.

Isaiah continues in verse 7, the richness of the land, full of horses and chariots. They were wealthy so maybe they thought this was God blessing them for embracing other people?

They even practiced sacrificing their own children to other gods, would you say parents sacrifice their children today but not actually killing them? But rather, sacrificing them in the sense of neglect, abuse, etc?

In regards to the influence from the east and its affect on the Israelites, seems very similar to the US today. To save peace, we have allowed other nations, religions, cultures to infiltrate ours for the sake of diversity. To keep the peace we have compromised our beliefs to engage these different cultures, even though we know it’s false. Issues coming from diversity seem to do more harm than good, it’s actually evil. I think it says in Isaiah, people call good evil and evil good, it’s appropriate here.

It might be really obvious to some, but would you say this is on the right track? Does anyone else have insight they wouldn’t mind sharing?

Thanks for help.
    yes , the Israelites journeys were literal, they are also a foreshadow of the spiritual things we see now regarding the church and the world .

The world is like Egypt, worship of many gods, sexually immoral practices, outright rebellion against Gods word in the open these days on Europe and the u.s. , things such as forced acceptance and approval of gay marriage and abortion would in my thinking, be two obvious examples.

many times in the New Testament were told about the corruptions and evils that fill the world. Just as they were led out from slavery in Egypt, we are led out from slavery to sin that is in the world through lust.

Quote Originally Posted by Follower1977 View Post
    yes , the Israelites journeys were literal, they are also a foreshadow of the spiritual things we see now regarding the church and the world .

The world is like Egypt, worship of many gods, sexually immoral practices, outright rebellion against Gods word in the open these days on Europe and the u.s. , things such as forced acceptance and approval of gay marriage and abortion would in my thinking, be two obvious examples.

many times in the New Testament were told about the corruptions and evils that fill the world. Just as they were led out from slavery in Egypt, we are led out from slavery to sin that is in the world through lust.
    The slavery of sin we find ourselves is spiritual, while the Israelites were physically enslaved. Only God can free both!

With the vast amount of churches allowing gay pastors, gay marriages, at what point does that church stop being the Church? It seems they have sold themselves out to the world system. Sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I do agree with you on this. It's often touted that in the Old Testament the Law required the Israelites to welcome strangers. While this is true, what they neglect to mention is the requirement for foreigners to assimilate and follow the Jewish Law. For examples from Scripture see here.

https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topi...ded-In-The-Law

If we don't get a grip on our borders and soon the US as we know it will be long gone. It may already be too late. While most people would agree—I think—that compassion for strangers is a good thing, unregulated, unthinking "compassion" isn't really compassion. What are all these people flooding in from Central America going to do when they wake up and find that the US has become Central America?
    While I do agree and we should secure our borders. Isn’t this invasion part of the one world government? There will be no borders one day.

I'm not sure there will ever be a world without borders. Even in the last days, Revelation speaks of peoples, tribes, tongues and nations. They will probably be of one mind and purpose however: i.e., eliminate Christians & Jews and worship the Antichrist. There will be ten nations who give their allegiance the Antichrist, so we know there will be at least ten.

The slavery of sin we find ourselves is spiritual, while the Israelites were physically enslaved. Only God can free both!

With the vast amount of churches allowing gay pastors, gay marriages, at what point does that church stop being the Church? It seems they have sold themselves out to the world system. Sadly.

yes it's the spiritual things inside of men's hearts, lust , greed , pride, Unforgiveness , evil thinking ect... The world has such an influence on flesh, and The gospel has such an influence in the spirit . False gods are now spiritual as well, we worship gods of technology , wealth , sexual perversions , possessions, humanism, put before God. We worship what we give our time and effort for , what we really think about and spire to be..

we should first desire to be good stewards of the gift of Gods Holy Spirit, to come out of the darkness in the world , and Into his light. God made creation physically

“In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.”
    **Genesis‬ *1:1-4‬ *KJV‬‬

then about half way through

“I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.”
    **Jeremiah‬ *4:23‬ *KJV‬‬

“The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good. The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God. They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.”
    **Psalms‬ *14:1-3‬ *KJV‬‬

“They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.”
    **Psalms‬ *82:5‬ *KJV‬‬

“For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.”
    **Isaiah‬ *60:2‬ *KJV‬‬

then he creates things spiritual through Christ the true light of the world...separating the light from darkness spiritually in us who believe and those who do not.

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.”
    **John‬ *1:1-5, 9, 12-14‬ *KJV‬‬

“Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.”
    **John‬ *8:12‬ *KJV‬‬

Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.”
    **Matthew‬ *5:14, 16‬ *KJV‬‬

“But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.”
    **1 John‬ *1:7‬ *KJV‬‬

“And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.”
    **John‬ *3:19-21‬ *KJV‬‬

“Hearken unto me, my people; and give ear unto me, O my nation: for a law shall proceed from me, and I will make my judgment to rest for a light of the people.”
    **Isaiah‬ *51:4‬ *KJV‬‬

“For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light: (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light. Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.

Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.”
    **Ephesians‬ *5:8-11, 13-14, 16-17‬ *KJV‬‬

“Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.”
    **John‬ *7:16-17‬ *KJV‬‬

Follower, you mentioned all the spiritual sin inside of us, it seems this is the separating the soul and the spirit, being soiling or spiritual. Will we let our soul rule or our spirits. I read Watchman Nee’s book, The Spiritual Man. It helps to realize what a huge impact decisions make in our lives, we either chose God’s way or not.

Thanks for your post!

Follower, you mentioned all the spiritual sin inside of us, it seems this is the separating the soul and the spirit, being soiling or spiritual. Will we let our soul rule or our spirits. I read Watchman Nee’s book, The Spiritual Man. It helps to realize what a huge impact decisions make in our lives, we either chose God’s way or not.

Thanks for your post!

yes it's all in the gospel

“He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.”
    **John‬ *12:48-50‬ *KJV‬‬

“Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:”
    **Matthew‬ *7:21, 24‬ *KJV‬‬

as we grow in Christ we see and accept the things which teach us to fear as we stand in grace, we know it's by faith , and faith is shaped by the gospel both " believe and you will be saved ....hear my word and believe....hear my word and keep it....keep my sayings and be free...obey my commands and receive the Holy Ghost.....but always we have

“To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one.”
    **John‬ *10:3-5, 14, 16, 27-30‬ *KJV‬‬

we fear but are never afraid, we trust but are never complacent, we hear but we never reject , there is comfort , correction, guidance, assurance , rebuke , fear , exhortation , faith , love truth light life spirit .....in the simple understanding

Believe and thou shalt be saved...we just can't reject belief when he's teaching us " you must do these things , don't just hear and deceive yourselves do the word...

“For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.”
    **Matthew‬ *16:27‬ *KJV‬‬

“And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?”
    **Luke‬ *6:46‬ *KJV‬‬

In regards to the influence from the east and its affect on the Israelites, seems very similar to the US today. To save peace, we have allowed other nations, religions, cultures to infiltrate ours for the sake of diversity. To keep the peace we have compromised our beliefs to engage these different cultures, even though we know itís false. Issues coming from diversity seem to do more harm than good, itís actually evil. I think it says in Isaiah, people call good evil and evil good, itís appropriate here.

It might be really obvious to some, but would you say this is on the right track? Does anyone else have insight they wouldnít mind sharing?

Thanks for help.
    I agree that we have here a model of what a national theocracy should be. It's a pattern for the nations. And it grieves me to no end that *most Christians* disagree with me--they think a theocracy is a bad thing, and that we should, as Christians, be diversified for the purpose of evangelism!

I think Israel showed us what happens when a covenant people open the doors to foreigners who would bring in false religion. It leads to all of the sins of the flesh--sexual lust, lust for wealth, and a lack of concern about violence. It is one thing to let in sojourners who properly observe our religion, but it is another thing entirely to bless a system of compromise, inviting in other religions to conflict with our own predominant Christianity. It is pure lunacy to have an open door policy that invites nonChristianity to be established in our Christian country!

Of course, when things are out of our control, and we cannot control what our government philosophy is, we simply need to live by its rules, and leave the results up to God. Here in my country, the US, we have a philosophy of tolerance with a predominance of Christian morality. However, the vast majority are purely nominal Christians, and lack an inward spirituality that would render them true Christians.

And so, here in the US I don't expect to establish purely Christian policies which exclude the introduction of pagan or false religions. I would, however, encourage serious checks against unbridled immigration that would threaten our national security. As Christians we can indeed reach out to these newcomers and apply our Gospel ministry towards them. In the end, we should know that we will, however, suffer serious problems with this dangerous mix of nominal Christianity and paganism.

Thanks for help.
    I agree that we have here a model of what a national theocracy should be. It's a pattern for the nations. And it grieves me to no end that *most Christians* disagree with me--they think a theocracy is a bad thing, and that we should, as Christians, be diversified for the purpose of evangelism!

I think Israel showed us what happens when a covenant people open the doors to foreigners who would bring in false religion. It leads to all of the sins of the flesh--sexual lust, lust for wealth, and a lack of concern about violence. It is one thing to let in sojourners who properly observe our religion, but it is another thing entirely to bless a system of compromise, inviting in other religions to conflict with our own predominant Christianity. It is pure lunacy to have an open door policy that invites nonChristianity to be established in our Christian country!

Of course, when things are out of our control, and we cannot control what our government philosophy is, we simply need to live by its rules, and leave the results up to God. Here in my country, the US, we have a philosophy of tolerance with a predominance of Christian morality. However, the vast majority are purely nominal Christians, and lack an inward spirituality that would render them true Christians.

And so, here in the US I don't expect to establish purely Christian policies which exclude the introduction of pagan or false religions. I would, however, encourage serious checks against unbridled immigration that would threaten our national security. As Christians we can indeed reach out to these newcomers and apply our Gospel ministry towards them. In the end, we should know that we will, however, suffer serious problems with this dangerous mix of nominal Christianity and paganism.

Thread Information