Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An end of days timeline I threw down on paper awhile back

An end of days timeline I threw down on paper awhile back

I didn't have access to a computer for awhile, and decided to come up with an "end of days timeline". 3 weeks went by and my friends were like "Are you still alive?"... Anyways.. this was the timeline.

Re: An end of days timeline I threw down on paper awhile back

I am still fascinated with Revelations 12.

Going over my notes.. I guess the conclusion I come up with is.. The day of the Lord, sounds like when we all would think "rapture" happens.. and I put it at the end of the great tribulation.. But it doesn't explain Revelations 12..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OrokuSaki View Post
    Going over my notes.. I guess the conclusion I come up with is.. The day of the Lord, sounds like when we all would think "rapture" happens.. and I put it at the end of the great tribulation.. But it doesn't explain Revelations 12..
    The error is to conclude there is but one Day of the Lord.
    Acts 2 has Peter noting that a Day of the Lord has occurred, as he quotes what happens AFTER the Day of the Lord.
    Zech 14 has the Day of the Lord split as we have the part which is tied into the Day of Jacob's Trouble (from Jeremiah) when the Jews have to flee, and the part whcih speaks of His return.

Luke makes this a bit clearer, when Jesus states that there is more than one day of the Lord:
    Luke 17:22* And he said to the disciples, “The days are coming when you will desire to see one of the days of the Son of Man, and you will not see it.

This again has the fleeing occurring BEFORE any rapture or full salvation. After all, why flee if you are being raptured or if that is the moment Jesus returns?

Really any time God intervenes DIRECTLY in the world, as opposed to through us then we can say this is the Day of the Lord.

Well.. the one in Matthew 24 is the one I was thinking about. I just assumed it is the same day of the Lord throughout the bible.. What are some different examples of that? I kinda thought it is a mystery which is kinda like what Corinthians describes that scenario being like I guess. Where did all these people come from? But maybe it was just the sealed 144,000, otherwise who were all the people that died during the great tribulation? The "great multitude, which no man can number"..

Not sure why but I can't edit a post and I am new here.. I just get a spinning wheel, tried chrome and firefox. I used to run a vbulletin site so figured maybe it was a restriction..

Anyways... who do you think the woman who goes into the wilderness is? The church?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    The error is to conclude there is but one Day of the Lord.
    Acts 2 has Peter noting that a Day of the Lord has occurred, as he quotes what happens AFTER the Day of the Lord.
    Zech 14 has the Day of the Lord split as we have the part which is tied into the Day of Jacob's Trouble (from Jeremiah) when the Jews have to flee, and the part whcih speaks of His return.

Luke makes this a bit clearer, when Jesus states that there is more than one day of the Lord:
    Luke 17:22* And he said to the disciples, “The days are coming when you will desire to see one of the days of the Son of Man, and you will not see it.

This again has the fleeing occurring BEFORE any rapture or full salvation. After all, why flee if you are being raptured or if that is the moment Jesus returns?

Really any time God intervenes DIRECTLY in the world, as opposed to through us then we can say this is the Day of the Lord.
    More then one day of the Lord isn't anywhere in Scripture, what is in Scripture is the three stages of the Day of the Lord which are represented by the seals (the day of the Lord), the trumpets (the great day of the Lord, Zep. 1:14) and the bowls (the great and dreadful day of the Lord, Mal. 4:5) of the last seven of Daniel mentioned in the Revelation.

If you look up the phrase « day of the Lord » you can get a pretty good idea what it is and that there is only one, for example:

Isa. 2:12 « For the day of the LORD of hosts shall be upon every one that is proud and lofty ... ».
    Isa. 13:6 « Howl ye; for the day of the LORD is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty ».
    Joel 2:1 « Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand ».
    Amos 5:18 « Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light ».
    Mal. 4:5 « Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD ».

Acts 2:20 « The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come ».
    1 Thess. 5:2 « For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night ».

The day of the Lord is the « day » of vengeance at the end of this aion where all those on the earth who think they are something (proud and lofty) will be humiliated when the fierce anger of the LORD come upon them, Zep. 2:2.

Aristarkos

Blog Entries

Not sure why but I can't edit a post and I am new here.. I just get a spinning wheel, tried chrome and firefox. I used to run a vbulletin site so figured maybe it was a restriction..

Anyways... who do you think the woman who goes into the wilderness is? The church?
    You need a certain number of post to be able to edit (I think), but there are problems with the forum anyway many users cannot edit their posts.

Aristarkos

Blog Entries

It is evident that there are two separate ‘Days of the Lord’ in which the Lord acts to punish His enemies. The Sixth Seal, the Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath, is the next prophesied event that we can expect, of a worldwide judgement/punishment by fire from the sun, which will clear and cleanse His Land. Most clearly described in Isaiah 63:1-6 and Habakkuk 3:12 ‘Furiously You traverse the earth, in anger You trample down the nations.’ But the Lord is not seen: Psalms 11:4-6, Psalms 18:11

Then, much later, at the Return of Jesus, is the Sixth and Seventh Bowl fulfilment, the great Day of the Sovereign Lord, when He disposes of the armies of the Anti Christ. Revelation 19:19-21, Zechariah 14:3-5

Here's something I posted before, on the subject of "the Day of the Lord":

Where the phrases "the DOTL" and "IN THAT DAY" are used in the same context, it refers to SAME "time period"...

The phrase "the Day of the Lord" covers the time period of all three of the following:

1) the 7-year tribulation period upon the earth (the "DARK" portion)

2) Christ's Second Coming to the earth (the "SUN of righteousness ARISE" portion)

3) His 1000-year reign on/over the earth (the "reign... GLORIOUSLY" portion)

...ALL earth-related time period (of long duration). [2Th2:2 should read: "day of the Lord";... whereas the phrase "the Day of our Lord Jesus Christ" (and similar) is not on the earth, but when we are "caught up" and are present "with [G4862 - denoting 'UNION' (UNIONED-with) and/or 'IDENTIFICATION' with] the Lord--and so shall we ever be with the Lord]

The phrase "shall come as a thief IN THE NIGHT" pertains to the afore-mentioned "time period" under part #1 (its ARRIVAL under point #1--the "DARK" portion [i.e. "IN THE NIGHT"] involves "the man of sin" and ALL he will DO over the course of those 7-years (see the following: Matt24:4/Mk13:5 "G5100 - tis - 'A CERTAIN ONE'" which is the INITIAL "birth PANG [SINGULAR; 1Th5:2-3]" [of many more "birth PANGS [plural]" that will follow on from there], i.e. the "whose coming/advent/arrival/presence/parousia" of the man of sin "IN HIS TIME" [the "DARK"/"IN THE NIGHT"--see also Daniel 7:7 and Genesis 46:2] which is at the START of the 7-year period, involving "the prince THAT SHALL COME" [Dan9:27a(26)--"FOR ONE WEEK [7 yrs]"] i.e. the INITIAL "birth PANG [singular]," aka the rider of the white horse with "a bow" (which often means "DECEPTION") when Jesus "STANDS to JUDGE" [Rev4-5; Isa3:13; Lam2:3-4 (<--which verses seem to parallel precisely 2Th2:7b-8a)] at the time He Himself "STANDS to JUDGE" by opening the "FIRST SEAL" (at the START of the 7-year tribulation period).

The phrase "shall come as a THIEF." [Rev16:15-16] pertains to the Person of Christ Himself (under point #2), at the time of His Second Coming to the earth, FOR the commencement of the promised and prophesied earthly Millennial Kingdom.

Where the phrases "the DOTL" and "IN THAT DAY" are used in the same context, it refers to SAME "time period"... in the afore-mentioned portion #1 (7-year tribulation period), and such is the case in 2Th1 & 2 (where these two phrases are mentioned, and two differing/opposite responses [within that time period] are contrasted). TWO DIFFERING responses (of people within the trib years) are contrasted in these 2 Chpts (2Th1&2):

--people will either come to believe that which was TRUE ("the testimony of us to you" 2Th1:10b), OR

--people who will have "not received the love of the truth" will believe and embrace "the pseudei / the FALSE" INSTEAD (2Th2:10-12)

Both of these ^ take place DURING the 7-yr period ("DARK"/"IN THE NIGHT") and both of them involve that which will transpire OVER THE COURSE OF SOME TIME, so that:

--Luke 21:36 shows those who will "[that ye may] have strength TO FLEE OUT OF" each of these things that shall come on the earth (throughout the trib years), and its outcome; whereas of the others, it says...

--1Th5:2-3 "[and they] shall NOT escape." The "sudden destruction [G3936 - olithros]" is the thing that shall "COME UPON them" (i.e. the INITIAL "birth PANG [SINGULAR]"--and no one gets out of "birth PANGS" once they START, all have to go through it/experience it, but some by "fleeing out of each and every" [or some experience physical death] and others by "ruination" [not 'annihilation'] from each and every--see also the distinction of 'ruin' and 'destruction' words in 1Tim6:9)

The "IN WHICH" of 2Pet3:10 [and context; compare this passage with the TWO CHPTS of Isa34-35 (rather than just one verse, 34:4, extracted from its context)] covering "the DOTL" [very long] "time period" (#1-3, above), is the same "IN WHICH" of Acts 17:31nasb, which means that a great many things transpire within that very long time period, the "IN WHICH" of these and a few other passages (starting when Jesus will "STAND to JUDGE"-Rev4-5, Isa3:13, Lam2:3-4 (which is comparable to that of 2Th2:7b-8a]).
    It is not referring to merely "a singular 24-hr day".

Blog Entries

Here is a study I did a while back

Revelation chapter 12 is like a story right out of a fantasy novel, it’ s filled with amazing imagery and tells of a great epic battle of good versus evil but unlike a fantasy novel this story is true. Even though every Christian believes in every word of Revelation chapter 12 not every Christian agrees with the interpretation or the timing of the events in this chapter full of wonder.

This is the interpretation I got from reading Revelation chapter 12 and as I go through it verse by verse I hope that I can bring some clarity to some of you reading this study. I don’t mean to push my view on people but I just hope that people reading it can see it in a new and different light. This chapter goes back in time and also reveals the woman and satan in different forms but the woman is always tied to Israel.

Revelation 12:1
    1 A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head

The sign described above is showing us that the woman in this verse is the nation of Israel and takes us back to Josephs dream in.

Genesis 37:9-10
    9 Then he had another dream, and he told it to his brothers. “Listen,” he said, “I had another dream, and this time the sun and moon and eleven stars were bowing down to me.”
    10 When he told his father as well as his brothers, his father rebuked him and said, “What is this dream you had? Will your mother and I and your brothers actually come and bow down to the ground before you?”

This verse takes us from the last book in the bible Revelation to the first book in the bible of the bible Genesis. Jacob who is Joseph’s father name was changed to Israel and he is the sun Rachel Joseph’s mother is the moon Josephs eleven brothers are the eleven stars and Joseph is the twelfth star.

Revelation 12:2
    2 She was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth.

We now see the woman as Mary who was of Israel and she is about to give birth to Jesus.

3 Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on its heads.

Another sign appeared in heaven a red dragon who is satan with seven crowned heads which symbolized world empires and ten horns which symbolized the complete nations or kingdoms of the world.

I believe the seven world empires to be past world empires as laid out below as they were the seven world empires up until that time.
    1-Egypt
    2-Assyria
    3-Babylon
    4-Medes or Media
    5-Persia
    6-Greece
    7-Rome

I believe the ten horns to be the kingdoms or nations of the world as we see in the verses below that the kingdoms or nations of the world were satan’s when he offered them to Jesus.

Luke 4:5-7
    5 The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. 6 And he said to him, “I will give you all their authority and splendor; it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. 7 If you worship me, it will all be yours.”

Revelation chapter 12:4
    4 Its tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that it might devour her child the moment he was born.

We see later in verse nine that the stars which the dragon flung to the earth are the fallen angels that fell with him. We also now see that satan the red dragon is symbolized as king Herod (whose family color was red) who tried to kill Jesus when Jesus was born.

5 She gave birth to a son, a male child, who “will rule all the nations with an iron scepter.” And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne.

The son the male child is Jesus and we see His birth ‘reigning and ascension in this short verse.

6 The woman fled into the wilderness to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days.

I believe the woman in the verse above to symbolize Jewish believers in Christ. After Jesus ascended back up to heaven on the year 30AD the first Christian Jews had about 3 ˝ years or 1260 days of protection which ended on the day Stephen was stoned to death in
    34AD as we read in the verses below.

Acts 7:57-60---Acts 8:1-3
    57 At this they covered their ears and, yelling at the top of their voices, they all rushed at him, 58 dragged him out of the city and began to stone him. Meanwhile, the witnesses laid their coats at the feet of a young man named Saul.
    59 While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” 60 Then he fell on his knees and cried out, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” When he had said this, he fell asleep.

Acts 8:1-3
    1On that day a great persecution broke out against the church in Jerusalem, and all except the apostles were scattered throughout Judea and Samaria. 2 Godly men buried Stephen and mourned deeply for him. 3 But Saul began to destroy the church. Going from house to house, he dragged off both men and women and put them in prison.

Revelation chapter 12:7-9
    7 Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 8 But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. 9 The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

Verse 7 starts with the word “Then” which proceeds after Jesus’ ascension and the start of the 1260 days of protection of the woman. This above and the verses below show us when satan and his angles were cast out on heaven. When did this happen?

Luke 10:17-18
    17 The seventy-two returned with joy and said, “Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name.”
    18 He replied, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.

After Jesus sent out the 72 followers they proclaimed that the demons submitted to them because of Jesus’ and Jesus saw what was happening in the heavens. Now in the verses below shortly before Jesus’ death Jesus tells us when satan’s fall from heaven would happen.

John12:31-33
    31 Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out. 32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.” 33 He said this to show the kind of death he was going to die.

Revelation chapter 12:10
    10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say:
    “Now have come the salvation and the power
    and the kingdom of our God,
    and the authority of his Messiah.
    For the accuser of our brothers and sisters,
    who accuses them before our God day and night,
    has been hurled down.

Verse 10 also starts with the word “Then” which tells us that the loud voice in heaven comes after satan is cast out of heaven.
    This verse also takes us back to Genesis when God cursed the serpent (satan) for tempting Eve and He foretold us that satan will wound Jesus but Jesus will defeat satan.

Genesis 3:15
    15 And I will put enmity
    between you and the woman,
    and between your offspring and hers;
    he will crush your head,
    and you will strike his heel.”

In the book of Job we read of how satan had access to God and at times satan would accuse us.
    Job 1:6
    6 One day the angels came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came with them

But now satan can’t accuse Christians anymore because Revelation 12:10 says that “now the kingdom of God has come” and Jesus tells us in the verses below that the Spirit of God within the kingdom of God is what drives out demons.

Matthew 28:28-29
    28 But if it is by the Spirit of God that I drive out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. 29 “Or again, how can anyone enter a strong man’s house and carry off his possessions unless he first ties up the strong man? Then he can plunder his house.

I believe that the timing of the kingdom of God which came in Revelation chapter 12:10 (which was after Jesus the male child was caught up to God at His ascension) was also the same time as the verses below in Daniel as Jesus was given all authority.

Daniel 7:13-14
    13 “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. 14He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

Satan cannot accuse Christians anymore because at Jesus' death He removed our sin and guilt which also removed us from God's wrath and ended our alienation from God thus we are now redeemed as we read in the verses below.

Colossians 2:13-15
    13 when you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14 having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. 15 And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.

Revelation chapter 12:11
    11 They triumphed over him
    by the blood of the Lamb
    and by the word of their testimony;
    they did not love their lives so much
    as to shrink from death.

Verse 11 started its fulfillment with the death of Stephen which we read in the book of Acts and it is still currently happening as Christians are still being martyred today. Christians are triumphing over satan by the blood of Christ and many have refused to reject Christ even onto the point of death.

Revelation 12:12
    12 Therefore rejoice, you heavens
    and you who dwell in them!
    But woe to the earth and the sea,
    because the devil has gone down to you!
    He is filled with fury,
    because he knows that his time is short.”

We now read that satan has been cast from heaven to the earth and that he is now full of fury but there is also a woe given to the earth and the sea. What is meant by the earth and the see?
    Let’s read a couple of verses from the next chapter in Revelation.

Revelation 13:1& 11
    1The dragon stood on the shore of the sea. And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. It had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on its horns, and on each head a blasphemous name
    11 Then I saw a second beast, coming out of the earth. It had two horns like a lamb, but it spoke like a dragon.

We read in the above verses that one of the beasts comes from the sea and the other beast comes from the earth the very same locations that the woes are given too in Revelation12:12. The sea and the earth represent the people of the earth carnal worldly men as John refers to when Jesus was speaking to the Jews in the verse below

John 8:23
    23 But he continued, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world.

We now see that the timing of the two beasts in Revelation chapter 13 was right after satan was cast from heaven to the earth which was shortly after Jesus’ ascension. The meaning of the woes was the havoc that these two beasts would cause in the world.

Revelation 12:13-14
    13 When the dragon saw that he had been hurled to the earth, he pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child. 14 The woman was given the two wings of a great eagle, so that she might fly to the place prepared for her in the wilderness, where she would be taken care of for a time, times and half a time, out of the serpent’s reach.

After satan was cast to the earth he again pursues the woman (Israel) but she is given two wings of an eagle and taken to the wildness for a set time of a time’ times and a half a time or 3 ˝ year. Verse 14 takes us back to the time of the Exodus as Israel was taken to the wilderness by God for protection from Egypt upon eagles wings as mentioned in the verse below.

Exodus 19:4
    4 ‘You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt and how I carried you on eagles’ wings and brought you to myself

Revelation 12:15-16
    15 Then from his mouth the serpent spewed water like a river, to overtake the woman and sweep her away with the torrent. 16 But the earth helped the woman by opening its mouth and swallowing the river that the dragon had spewed out of his mouth.

The verses above also takes us back to Exodus as God protected Israel and used the red sea to protect Israel from Pharaohs pursuing army.

I believe this to be the time from the start of the Roman and Jewish war until the destruction of Jerusalem in 70AD. The war started in 66AD and 3 1/2 years later Jerusalem was destroyed. God protected Israel from total destruction during that time to allow time for the Christian Jews to escape the city of Jerusalem. God also used that time for a grace period for some unbelieving Jews who could realized that Jesus’ prediction of the destruction of Jerusalem in the Olivet discourse was about to take place.

I believe the river that the dragon spewed from his mouth was the first advancement on the Roman armies upon Jerusalem in 66AD. The Roman army surrounded Jerusalem but then retreated as Cestius Gallus the legate of Syria realized that he did not have enough troops for the task he then retreated to wait for more reinforcements. As the Roman army retreaded they were perused by the Jewish rebels and defeated.

God used the time of the retreat as an opportunity for a window of escape for the Christian Jews who had heeded the words of Jesus in the Olivet discourse as we read below.

Luke 21:20-21
    20 “When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near. 21 Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those in the city get out, and let those in the country not enter the city.

Matthew 24:15-16
    15 “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’ spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand— 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.

After the defeat of the Romans the Jews became arrogant and believed that God would be on their side and protect them and not allow the Roman’s to defeat them and conquer the city of Jerusalem.

Revelation 12:17
    17 Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to wage war against the rest of her offspring—those who keep God’s commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus.

Verse 17 tells us that the dragon then turned his fury to the rest of the woman’s offspring (as the woman was protected for a set time) and that the woman mentioned in verses 13-16 is not the church because the rest of her offspring “the ones who hold to the testimony of Jesus is the church. I believe that this was fulfilled during the persecution by Nero on the church which lasted for 3 ˝ years or 42 months and that the persecution is mentioned in the very next chapter in Revelation as we read below.

Revelation 13:5-7
    5 The beast was given a mouth to utter proud words and blasphemies and to exercise its authority for forty-two months. 6 It opened its mouth to blaspheme God, and to slander his name and his dwelling place and those who live in heaven. 7 It was given power to wage war against God’s holy people and to conquer them. And it was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation

In Revelation 12:14 we read that the woman is taken to the wilderness and protected for a set time and we don’t see her again until.

Revelation 17:3-5
    3 Then the angel carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness. There I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names and had seven heads and ten horns. 4 The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and was glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls. She held a golden cup in her hand, filled with abominable things and the filth of her adulteries. 5 The name written on her forehead was a mystery:
    Babylon the great
    the mother of prostitutes
    and of the abominations of the earth.

I believe the woman in Revelation chapter 17 to represent apostate Israel and the city of Jerusalem. Babylon the great is called a prostitute and Ezekiel in Ezekiel chapter 16 also calls Jerusalem a prostitute. In Revelation chapter 17 we read what happens to the woman after the time of her protection as she was destroyed by the beast and the 10 horns as God used them for His purpose as we read in.

Revelation 17:16-17
    16 The beast and the ten horns you saw will hate the prostitute. They will bring her to ruin and leave her naked; they will eat her flesh and burn her with fire. 17 For God has put it into their hearts to accomplish his purpose by agreeing to hand over to the beast their royal authority, until God’s words are fulfilled.

God judged apostate Israel for rejecting and killing their Messiah and allowed the temple to be destroyed as every sin sacrifice after Jesus’ death was a rejection of Jesus’ sacrifice which He paid for us.

The Jewish historian Josephus in his account of the fall of Jerusalem records the horrific events of the destruction of Jerusalem which happened in 70AD. What happens to Babylon the great seems to fit the same details as Jerusalem as God used Rome (whom I believe to be the beast a demon in charge of Rome) to destroy Jerusalem for His purpose.

This reminds me of Jesus’ words and prediction back in.

Matthew 23:33-38
    33 “You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell? 34 Therefore I am sending you prophets and sages and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town. 35 And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36 Truly I tell you, all this will come on this generation.
    37 “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing. 38 Look, your house is left to you desolate.

This wraps up my study on Revelation chapter 12 and I believe it helps to show us the timing of some of the events in the book of Revelation.

Hi OrukuSaki and welcome to the Forum. I hope it profits you much.

There is current thread on Revelation 12 in Bible Chat. I have posted on it. To save you going there I'll post it here. Here is my understanding of Revelation 12.

The Woman is a "great wonder". The Greek for "wonder", "semeion", is usually translated "Sign". It can mean "miracle" and/or "token". Since Revelation 1:1 tells us that Christ will reveal things in this Book by "signs", the Woman is a "great SIGN". She is in heaven. But in verse 4 the Woman is on earth before the delivery of the Man-Child, and on earth for persecution, and her remaining seed are on earth. The only thing that fits such a complexity is that the Woman is a "sign" of heavenly origin and heavenly nature, but her sphere operation is on earth. Thus, she is REPRESENTATIVE or Parabolic as taking her literally would produce an absurdity.

"Clothed." Clothing, or garments in symbolism or parable is one's works (e.g. Rev.19:8). Her works are like the sun.

"Sun". The sun depicts Christ for He is the "Sun of righteousness" (Mal.4:2). Christ-like works by the believers are like the "sun" (Matt.13:43)

"Moon". The moon is a planet that has no light of its own. It must reflect the sun to give light. It is the "lesser light to rule the night" (Gen.1:16)

"Under her feet". The moon is subject to her. It is her footstool.

"Twelve". is the number of God's People. 12 Tribes of Israel and 12 Apostles.

"Stars". Abraham is promised TWO seeds. (i) Seed as the sand of the sea shore, and (ii) seed as the STARS of heaven. The STARS are heavenly in position and nature. By stars the Church is meant. It is heavenly (Heb.3:1), and Christ is the "Day Star" (2nd Pet.1:19)

"Crown". A crown shows the king or ruler. Israel forfeit the Kingdom of Heaven (Matt.21:43) and the Church will rule the nations (Rev.2:27)

The common understanding is that the Woman is Israel based on Joseph's dream of Genesis Chapter 37. But the "sign" and its attributes forbids this. (i) Israel was never in heaven. (ii) Israel is not heavenly. (iii) Israel is not a "sign". It is real. (iv) Israel did not bring forth "those who have the testimony of Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit did. (v) Israel persecuted those who have the testimony of Jesus Christ. (vi) In Genesis 37 the woman is mother of Joseph, one of FOUR woman who were mothers (plural of Israel). (vii) In Genesis 37 Joseph will become ruler of Egypt, not Judah. Jesus is a Judean. (viii) Israel was never in the Wilderness for 1260 days. Israel was in the wilderness 40 years. (ix) Israel did not flee to the Wilderness because of, "... a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads." Israel was LED there by God for training in warfare (Ex.13:17).

These nine points above apply equally to Mary, the mother of Jesus. There is only ONE actual commonality between the dream of Genesis 37 and the Woman of Revelation 12. They both represent THE TOTALITY OF GOD'S PEOPLE AT THE TIME. Added to this, there are only TWO other instances of this combination of (i) Christ, (ii) those who have the testimony of Jesus Christ, and (iii) those who keep the commandments of God. It is the Olive Tree of Romans 11, and New Jerusalem. In both of these neither Israel, nor the Church is meant. A Tree in Parable is a king and his kingdom (Judg.9, Dan.4, Ezek.31), and New Jerusalem is a City and a Bride. In both Parables Israel and the Church remain separate.

"The Man-Child"
    The discovery of who the Man-Child is should be easy. He is one of only TWO in the whole Bible. (i) Christ will rule the nations with a rod of iron (Rev.19:15), and (ii) the Overcomers of the Church will rule the nations with a rod of iron. The Man-Child must either Christ, or the overcomers. The sequence of events points to the Man-Child being the Overcomers.
    1. Our Lord Jesus faced Satan, but did not face Satan IN HEAVEN and face him as he was about to fulfill prophecy of the end-times. "And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads."
    2. Satan was not cast to earth at the time of the rapture of Jesus
    3. At the rapture of Jesus Satan did NOT have "but a short time" of 1260 days (v.12)
    4. The Kingdom of God did not come with the rapture of Jesus. It comes shortly after the rapture of the Church
    5. Revelation 12:10-11 introduce why and when Satan is displaced - "the brethren who were accused day and night" OVERCAME HIM.
    6. Revelation 12:11 shows how the "brethren" OVERCAME him - "by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death." All is PLURAL, and Christ does not need His blood to overcome Satan. That is for men's sins.

The Woman of Revelation 12 CANNOT BE ISRAEL, and CANNOT BE MARY. She is heavenly but on earth. She has THREE SEEDS, (i) the Man-Child who misses the Great Tribulation, (ii) those who have the testimony of Jesus Christ but go through the Great Tribulation, and (iii) those who keep the commandments of God (not Christ) but who also go through the Great Tribulation. She is the TOTALITY of God's people at the time. She will rule. She has the glory of Christ. She will rule Israel. There is only ONE position in the whole Bible that fits her - New Jerusalem MOTHER OF US ALL (Gal.4:26). And the Man-Child must be the OVERCOMERS of the Church.

Those who have the Testimony of Jesus Christ
    In the Parables of the Kingdom in the gospels, it is clear that not all Christian will enter the Kingdom. And in three places scripture sets forth a Pre-Tribulation Rapture AS A REWARD. In Philippians 3:10-14 Paul talks of a "special" resurrection that must be "attained to" and an "UP-calling" (lit. Gk.) that must be "pressed for". That is, the special resurrection and the "Prize" of the Upward call are to GAINED or LOST by EFFORT. The other two scriptures are Luke 21:36 and Revelation 3:10. In both these scriptures the Great Tribulation is in view and they tell of certain LIVING Christians who will "be accounted worthy" to miss it and stand before the Son of Man. So, just as many Christians will not be counted worthy to partake of Christ's 1,000 year Kingdom, so also will many of the Christians LIVING at the time of the Great Tribulation NOT escape. These are those who (i) pass through the Great Tribulation in Revelation Chapter 7, (ii) must flee to the Wilderness for 1260 days in Revelation 12, (iii) are overcome by the Beast in Revelation 13:7, and (iv) who are in Babylon the Great in Revelation Chapter 18 and should have "come out" of it. They are the seed of the Woman who must pass through the Great Tribulation because of sloth, faithlessness, indifference and habitual sinning.

I copy and paste the entirety of Revelation Chapter 12 for reference.

1 "And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
    2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
    3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
    4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
    5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
    6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
    7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
    8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
    9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
    10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
    11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
    12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
    13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
    14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.
    15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.
    16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
    17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ."

Blog Entries

1) 7 Seals, then 7 Trumpets, then 7 bowls. The 'great tribulation' is God's wrath. God's wrath is caused by the worship of the abomination. God's wrath is announced at the 6th Seal/ start of the Trumpets, start of the Day of the Lord's wrath. The idea in Lev 26:18 of being punished 7 times for disobedience: therefore there are '2 opportunities' / temptations to be overcome - at the start of the 7 Trumpets & and at the 7 bowls. This is why there are 2 'gatherings' (there is no 'whisked away rapture') that occur: at the start of the Trumpets in Revelation 7, the 144,000 & great multitude; & then at the end of the 2nd woe with the 2 witnesses told to 'come up here'.

2) The Rev 12 child 'caught up to heaven' is at the same time as the end of the 2 witnesses/ 'come up here'. This isn't a whisked away 'rapture', people are being physically gathered by the 'messengers'/ (what in Greek is 'angelos', where we get the word 'angel') and is described in Matthew 25

“Then the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went to meet the bridegroom. 2 Five of them were foolish, and five were wise. 3 For when the foolish took their lamps, they took no oil with them, 4 but the wise took flasks of oil with their lamps. 5 As the bridegroom was delayed, they all became drowsy and slept. 6 But at midnight there was a cry, ‘Here is the bridegroom! Come out to meet him.’ 7 Then all those virgins rose and trimmed their lamps. 8 And the foolish said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.’ 9 But the wise answered, saying, ‘Since there will not be enough for us and for you, go rather to the dealers and buy for yourselves.’

10 And while they were going to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the marriage feast, and the door was shut. 11 Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, ‘Lord, lord, open to us.’ 12 But he answered, ‘Truly, I say to you, I do not know you.’ 13 Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour.

Since Paul is the only place people get this notion of being 'whisked away', let's make doubly sure that these 10 virgins are Christians (because the normal argument here is that they are not 'the bride', the 'bride' gets 'whisked away' while these 10 virgins are just 'guests'). Here is Paul's Romans 13

11Besides this you know the time, that the hour has come for you to wake from sleep. For salvation is nearer to us now than when we first believed. 12The night is far gone; the day is at hand. So then let us cast off the works of darkness and put on the armor of light. 13Let us walk properly as in the daytime, not in orgies and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and sensuality, not in quarreling and jealousy. 14But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to gratify its desires.

Same idea, Christians are sleeping & need to put on the armor of light/ 10 virgins wake up from sleeping and turned on their lamps. that is the start of the kingdom of heaven/ start of the 7th Trumpet.

After the Rev 12 'woman' gives birth (at the 7th Trumpet), the woman goes into the wilderness. The deceived church/ unfaithful church/ 5 foolish virgins becomes the whore of Babylon of Rev 17, the 'great city that rules the world' (Rev 17:18). The faithful church becomes the New Jerusalem, the great city that will rule the world.

When Satan is cast down in Rev 12, then he will give power to the beast from the sea & earth at the 7th Trumpet.

• 1st, Satan is 'in heaven' for 1335 days ('in heaven' just means that he has 'made himself like God'/ an object of worship/ the abomination mentioned in Matt 24:15)
    • then, Satan is cast down/ stops being worshiped (266 days before the end of the 2 witnesses 1260 days; 266 being the length of pregnancy)
    • then, 266 days later the 'beast that is ascending from the abyss' makes war on the 2 witnesses & kills them (this is why the beast is described in Rev 17 as 'the beast that was, is not, & yet is' - it 'was' for 1335 days, then was not, then ascended from the abyss/ sea & earth to become the 'yet is' beast that kills the 2 witnesses.)
    • then the 2 witnesses lie dead for 3.5 days then are told to 'come up here'
    • same time here the woman 'gives birth', then goes into the wilderness
    • 7th trumpet arrives & the faithful are gathered. The woman is in the wilderness during the beast from the sea timeframe of 1260 days. These days are shortened for the elect's sake.

I didn't have access to a computer for awhile, and decided to come up with an "end of days timeline". 3 weeks went by and my friends were like "Are you still alive?"... Anyways.. this was the timeline.

SOME HIGHLIGHTED THINGS I SEE, overall you notes are pretty good, I think you conflate som issues.

1.) I see you understand the AoD starts at the 1290 or at least it seems that way. Daniel 12 is very complex, but if one digests the info the right way he can understand the three numbers given unto us, the 1260, 1290 and the 1335. The KEY is understanding that they should all be looked at in the same manner, the 1260 us thus KEY, we are given the understanding of how to view all THREE NUMBERS, we are told there will be 1260 {time, times and 1/2} until ALL THESE WONDERS CEASE !! Meaning until Jesus returns to end all of these wonderous things Daniel has been shown/told about. The problem is everyone looks at the other 2 Numbers as going into the New Millenium when in fact they are to be looked at in the exact same way, Daniel says so when he asks the exact same question in verse 8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?

So WHEN WILL THESE THINGS END ? Meaning in like manner with the 1260 Event. Well Jesus {Man in linen} tells him, there will be an Abomination of Desolation that begins 1290 days before these WONDERS CEASE {Jesus Returns} and an Event that starts 1335 days before the Second Coming ends all these Wonders. So everyone gets these numbers BACKWARDS !! The Day they all end is a COMMON DAY, the Second Coming. The 1335 is the Two-Witnesses showing up, the 1290 is the AoD and the 1260 is the Jewish People being DEFEATED by the Anti-Christ. The Jews get a 30 day jump on leaving before the AC Conquers Jerusalem/Israel. Why would the AC allow any Jews to flee once he Conquers Jerusalem ? ANSWER, he wouldn't. The AoD is placed by the False Prophet {Jewish High Priest} after Israel accept Jesus Christ as their Messiah !! The Two-Witnesses get Israel {1/3 of Israel} to repent, Malachi 4:5 points out that this happens BEFORE the DOTL.

2.) The Day of the Lord {DOTL} is a DAY that God's vengeance starts on, which leads to His Judgment of Mankind and reign of 1000 years, its all ONE EVENT, and it starts on a DAY like all things do of course, thus throughout the bible this DAY is pointed towards. Its not ONE DAY that all of these events happen on nor can it be, its ONE DAY that starts all these events in motion !! The mistake is to take it as a literal day in which all these things happen in, and not a day in which all these events are set in motion on. Logob and common sense tells us all these events can not happen on one day, there are way too many things listed as happening on the DOTL.

3.) Zechariah 14:1-2 is Jerusalem being Conquered by the Anti-Christ, Zechariah 14:3-4 is Jesus Conquering the NATIONS at Armageddon.

4.) The Gog and Magog war of Ezekiel are not the same as the Gog and Magog wars of Revelation, the book of Revelation {BoR} uses the Old Testament to paint many pictures for is, like Daniel 5 and Rev. 17, Genesis 37:9 paints a picture of Rev. 12 etc. etc. The Gog Magog war of Ezekiel happens before Armageddon, the Gog Magog war of Revelation ends it all.

5.) Matt. 24 doesn't really shorten the Days its still ONE WEEK, or 1260 days of Wrath, but it means God will stop MANKIND'S RULE and thus the Beasts days are numbered, God will SUPERNATURALLY SHORTEN his rule on earth to the predetermined 1260 days or 42 Months !!

6.) There is a Rapture, it happens before the 70th week, we see it in Rev. 4:1, the TRUMPET CALL of Jesus Christ, not a Rev. Trumpet Judgment. We see that Jesus fulfilled the Fall Feasts.....Passover Feast the Feast of Unleavened Bread {without sin} and the Feast of First-fruits {first raised from the dead}........The CHURCH AGE is all alone on the Calendar, it is the Feast of Weeks/Pentecost, we the Church are now Harvesting souls for the Master. What ended the Harvest ? The TRUMPET or the Feast of Trumpets signaled that the Harvest was OVER and that the Feast of Atonement and Tabernacle was nigh at hand !! GET IT ?

The Fall Feasts must be fulfilled AFTER the Harvest {Church Age} has ended.......Feast of Trumpets, this did nothing but make ANNOUNCEMENTS, the Harvest {Church Age} is over and now Israel is on the Clock, she MUST REPENT before the 70th week ends as per the Prophecy of Daniel as per the words of Gabriel !! So the Trumpet sounds and Jesus calls the Church home, then God sends Elijah {Two-Witnesses} to turn Israel back unto God {Malachi 4:5} and thus the Feast of ATONEMENT comes to pass. Then the LAST FEAST is the Feast of Tabernacle, and the word tabernacle meaNs TO SWELL WITH God !! What does Jesus do for 1000 years ? DWELLS with the Jews in Jerusalem !! Ut all fits like a puzzle....It has absolutely NOTHING to do with a Revelation Judgment Trumpet !! Get the Rapture wrong and it warps everything else a smidgen, but it matters.

7.) As per Revelation and a thief in the night. A thief can sneak up on you, don't allow God to come va His Wrath while you are IN SIN !! That is all that means. The Rapture is the ONLY POSSIBILITY of someone coming at an hour not predetermined, because we know when the Second Coming is don't we ? 1260 days after the Beast Conquers Jerusalem, there will be no surprise as per the Second Coming !! LOGIC is our friend !! Thus we are told to WATCH.....Which means to keep ourselves PURE in the Lord.

The First Six Seals are all basically opened at the EXACT SAME TIME !! Boom, boom, boom, boom, boom.....BOOM....Then the 7th Seal needs t be held up so the Jews can flee to Petra/Bozrah before the Supernatural Wrath of the Sea, Trees and Earth starts via the 7 Trumpets.

The Last three Woes are indeed the Last three Trumpets {I am impressed}.

But the 7th Seal, Trumpet and Bowl are not the SAME EVENTS !! The 7th Seal is ALL 7 Trumpets and the 7th Trumpet is ALL 7 Bowls {3rd Woe}. I understand the confusion, but when one understand that Rev. 11 is not a REAL TIME EVENT it becomes clear. Rev. ha many chapters that are a part of the Chronological Order but it also has many that are not a part of that Chronological Order. The Kingdoms become Gods ar Armageddon in Rev. 16, you see Rev. 11 is not a REAL TIME EVENT. It is about the Two-witnesses Ministry, thus we see the 2nd Woe for a Second time, but WITHOUT the details we saw in Rev. 9, likewise, in Rev. 11 we see the 3rd Woe via the 7th Trumpet and the victory it will bring, but we are NOT TOLD THE DETAILS {just like the 2nd Woe in Rev. 11} like we are in Rev. 16, where the Victory actually happens at Armageddon. In Rev. 14 we also see the victory at Armageddon in the last three verses !! SAME EVENT !!

Rev,. 12 is all about FUTURE EVENTS, its just an ENCODED SIGN of who the Woman, {Israel} is....It has nothing to do with a Zodiac sign. Chapter 15 talks about a Sign in Heaven also, it just means John saw it in the Heavens.

SOME HIGHLIGHTED THINGS I SEE, overall you notes are pretty good, I think you conflate som issues.

1.) I see you understand the AoD starts at the 1290 or at least it seems that way. Daniel 12 is very complex, but if one digests the info the right way he can understand the three numbers given unto us, the 1260, 1290 and the 1335. The KEY is understanding that they should all be looked at in the same manner, the 1260 us thus KEY, we are given the understanding of how to view all THREE NUMBERS, we are told there will be 1260 {time, times and 1/2} until ALL THESE WONDERS CEASE !! Meaning until Jesus returns to end all of these wonderous things Daniel has been shown/told about. The problem is everyone looks at the other 2 Numbers as going into the New Millenium when in fact they are to be looked at in the exact same way, Daniel says so when he asks the exact same question in verse 8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?

So WHEN WILL THESE THINGS END ? Meaning in like manner with the 1260 Event. Well Jesus {Man in linen} tells him, there will be an Abomination of Desolation that begins 1290 days before these WONDERS CEASE {Jesus Returns} and an Event that starts 1335 days before the Second Coming ends all these Wonders. So everyone gets these numbers BACKWARDS !! The Day they all end is a COMMON DAY, the Second Coming. The 1335 is the Two-Witnesses showing up, the 1290 is the AoD and the 1260 is the Jewish People being DEFEATED by the Anti-Christ. The Jews get a 30 day jump on leaving before the AC Conquers Jerusalem/Israel. Why would the AC allow any Jews to flee once he Conquers Jerusalem ? ANSWER, he wouldn't. The AoD is placed by the False Prophet {Jewish High Priest} after Israel accept Jesus Christ as their Messiah !! The Two-Witnesses get Israel {1/3 of Israel} to repent, Malachi 4:5 points out that this happens BEFORE the DOTL.

2.) The Day of the Lord {DOTL} is a DAY that God's vengeance starts on, which leads to His Judgment of Mankind and reign of 1000 years, its all ONE EVENT, and it starts on a DAY like all things do of course, thus throughout the bible this DAY is pointed towards. Its not ONE DAY that all of these events happen on nor can it be, its ONE DAY that starts all these events in motion !! The mistake is to take it as a literal day in which all these things happen in, and not a day in which all these events are set in motion on. Logob and common sense tells us all these events can not happen on one day, there are way too many things listed as happening on the DOTL.

3.) Zechariah 14:1-2 is Jerusalem being Conquered by the Anti-Christ, Zechariah 14:3-4 is Jesus Conquering the NATIONS at Armageddon.

4.) The Gog and Magog war of Ezekiel are not the same as the Gog and Magog wars of Revelation, the book of Revelation {BoR} uses the Old Testament to paint many pictures for is, like Daniel 5 and Rev. 17, Genesis 37:9 paints a picture of Rev. 12 etc. etc. The Gog Magog war of Ezekiel happens before Armageddon, the Gog Magog war of Revelation ends it all.

5.) Matt. 24 doesn't really shorten the Days its still ONE WEEK, or 1260 days of Wrath, but it means God will stop MANKIND'S RULE and thus the Beasts days are numbered, God will SUPERNATURALLY SHORTEN his rule on earth to the predetermined 1260 days or 42 Months !!

6.) There is a Rapture, it happens before the 70th week, we see it in Rev. 4:1, the TRUMPET CALL of Jesus Christ, not a Rev. Trumpet Judgment. We see that Jesus fulfilled the Fall Feasts.....Passover Feast the Feast of Unleavened Bread {without sin} and the Feast of First-fruits {first raised from the dead}........The CHURCH AGE is all alone on the Calendar, it is the Feast of Weeks/Pentecost, we the Church are now Harvesting souls for the Master. What ended the Harvest ? The TRUMPET or the Feast of Trumpets signaled that the Harvest was OVER and that the Feast of Atonement and Tabernacle was nigh at hand !! GET IT ?

The Fall Feasts must be fulfilled AFTER the Harvest {Church Age} has ended.......Feast of Trumpets, this did nothing but make ANNOUNCEMENTS, the Harvest {Church Age} is over and now Israel is on the Clock, she MUST REPENT before the 70th week ends as per the Prophecy of Daniel as per the words of Gabriel !! So the Trumpet sounds and Jesus calls the Church home, then God sends Elijah {Two-Witnesses} to turn Israel back unto God {Malachi 4:5} and thus the Feast of ATONEMENT comes to pass. Then the LAST FEAST is the Feast of Tabernacle, and the word tabernacle meaNs TO SWELL WITH God !! What does Jesus do for 1000 years ? DWELLS with the Jews in Jerusalem !! Ut all fits like a puzzle....It has absolutely NOTHING to do with a Revelation Judgment Trumpet !! Get the Rapture wrong and it warps everything else a smidgen, but it matters.

7.) As per Revelation and a thief in the night. A thief can sneak up on you, don't allow God to come va His Wrath while you are IN SIN !! That is all that means. The Rapture is the ONLY POSSIBILITY of someone coming at an hour not predetermined, because we know when the Second Coming is don't we ? 1260 days after the Beast Conquers Jerusalem, there will be no surprise as per the Second Coming !! LOGIC is our friend !! Thus we are told to WATCH.....Which means to keep ourselves PURE in the Lord.

The First Six Seals are all basically opened at the EXACT SAME TIME !! Boom, boom, boom, boom, boom.....BOOM....Then the 7th Seal needs t be held up so the Jews can flee to Petra/Bozrah before the Supernatural Wrath of the Sea, Trees and Earth starts via the 7 Trumpets.

The Last three Woes are indeed the Last three Trumpets {I am impressed}.

But the 7th Seal, Trumpet and Bowl are not the SAME EVENTS !! The 7th Seal is ALL 7 Trumpets and the 7th Trumpet is ALL 7 Bowls {3rd Woe}. I understand the confusion, but when one understand that Rev. 11 is not a REAL TIME EVENT it becomes clear. Rev. ha many chapters that are a part of the Chronological Order but it also has many that are not a part of that Chronological Order. The Kingdoms become Gods ar Armageddon in Rev. 16, you see Rev. 11 is not a REAL TIME EVENT. It is about the Two-witnesses Ministry, thus we see the 2nd Woe for a Second time, but WITHOUT the details we saw in Rev. 9, likewise, in Rev. 11 we see the 3rd Woe via the 7th Trumpet and the victory it will bring, but we are NOT TOLD THE DETAILS {just like the 2nd Woe in Rev. 11} like we are in Rev. 16, where the Victory actually happens at Armageddon. In Rev. 14 we also see the victory at Armageddon in the last three verses !! SAME EVENT !!

Rev,. 12 is all about FUTURE EVENTS, its just an ENCODED SIGN of who the Woman, {Israel} is....It has nothing to do with a Zodiac sign. Chapter 15 talks about a Sign in Heaven also, it just means John saw it in the Heavens.

Blog Entries

Well.. the one in Matthew 24 is the one I was thinking about. I just assumed it is the same day of the Lord throughout the bible.. What are some different examples of that? I kinda thought it is a mystery which is kinda like what Corinthians describes that scenario being like I guess. Where did all these people come from? But maybe it was just the sealed 144,000, otherwise who were all the people that died during the great tribulation? The "great multitude, which no man can number"..
    OK in Matt 24:15 - 28 we have a Day which is when the Abomination is seen in the holy place. Yet this is also a Day of the Lord, as stated by Jesus in Luke 17:
    Luk 17:30* so will it be on the day when the Son of Man is revealed.*
    Luk 17:31* On that day, let the one who is on the housetop, with his goods in the house, not come down to take them away, and likewise let the one who is in the field not turn back.

Hopefully you can see that Luke 17:30 is a DAY when the Son of Man is revealed, but it is ALSO the DAY to flee, which means it is DIRECTLY tied into Matt 24:
    Mat 24:17* Let the one who is on the housetop not go down to take what is in his house,*

So this is an EXAMPLE of the reality that there is a DAY whihc is a DAY of the Lord when He is revealed, and YET it is NOT the DAY when He returns.

This ties into Zech 14 which speaks of a DAY, yet includes elements of the fleeing AND later speaks of the DAY of restoration, without clarifying that it is ACTUALLY separate days.

So you could say it is a mystery, yet one which when we look at what happens on a DAY we can understand what God is doing.

Thread Information