Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Question for partial preterist

Re: Question for partial preterist

I would very eager to learn what those holes in their case are please.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    Otherwise known as a type or shadow except the OD was not even partially fulfilled in the past since Jews were targeted by Roman's in Ad70 but the OD has the AC targeting Christians. Pretty huge difference.
    Which Bible told you the Antichrist will target only Christians? If he won't attack Israel, why would they flee into the desert for succour (Rev 12:6). The Beast will not only target Israel, but Jerusalem will actually capitulate under his assault.

Zech 14:2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    Yes correct. Never knew back then what other places existed. God knew and he seek them out through the Gospel before the end will come.
    Does not your statement above contradict your previous that the Gospel was preached in the Roman world and thus fulfilled the scripture? I mean, you have now acknowledged that the "world" stretches far beyond the Roman empire. So when Jesus said the Gospel will be preached to all the world before the end comes, he (Jesus) knew that all the world is more than the Roman territories at the time.

You cut me to the quick! That statement has no support whatsoever and I have never such a thing before! EVERY commentary and every theologian "worth his salt" who studies the Scriptures would confirm absolutely that "every book of the Bible" has an audience including the Book of Matthew. I hope you are not denying that. As well, I think every serious student of the Bible would agree that every book as an audience including the book of Matthew. This is not thing which should be taken lightly as Biblical audience is one of the main, basic factors in Hermeneutics. So instead of giving an opinion that Matthew (or any Biblical book) does not have an audience, please provide some evidence. Please quote some theologians or Bible Teachers or Matthew commentaries, etc. that would support such a statement, because I have never heard of such a thing like this in my life and I have studied Matthew for decades! I hope the problem here is that "I misunderstood what you said" and If I have, I am very sorry.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    It was the known Roman world Jesus was meaning and Paul states four times using the same words of Jesus that the gospel was preached in the whole world in his days
    I must have missed where Paul confirmed "four times" that the Gospel was preached to the whole world in his day. Would you please share the passage(s)?

Blog Entries

Agreed only those four heard the words my point was that Matthews gospel is written to the Jews
    But we can't deny that these few disciples started the Church that we belong to now. Therefore, the messages given to them by Jesus Christ was also meant for us.

Blog Entries

Maybe you misunderstand me as I think you know me better than this. LOL

Of course Matthews gospel was written for everyone I actually did say that but it is known that Matthew wrote his gospel to the Jews so his theme was proving to the Jews that Jesus was the messiah. That is why when Jesus fulfilled prophecy he quoted the OT prophets prophecy
    Interesting insight indeed, Marty. So, it's your position that Mark and Luke's account was exclusively for the Jews? If this is true, then what are they doing in the Bible since the Jews whom they were written for continue to reject Christ. Need I remind you that Judaic Jews don't read the NT?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    Again, there is no evidence the intended audience was the Jews...Jews don't tend to read NT scripture anyways. Only the letter from Paul to the Hebrews was meant for Jews. The Gospels were written to anyone with no specific targeted audience.
    Ewq1938: you are going too far. The disciples simply wrote down what they heard from Jesus - it was meant for anyone interested. Of a truth, none of the disciples realised God's plans for Gentiles while Jesus still walked the earth! Remember that Jesus gave Paul the commission to preach to Gentiles and He (Jesus) didn't need to consult with the disciples about his plans for us!

It wasn't until Jesus sent Peter to Cornelius that the disciples (I use *Disciples* here to denote the 12 so as not to confuse it with the term "apostles" which numbered into the 100s) realised that believing Gentiles should be partakers of the gift of salvation/eternal life.

Blog Entries

Unless a query is specifically addressed to me and in response to a specific comment I made, I won't bother with a response.

Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    Does not your statement above contradict your previous that the Gospel was preached in the Roman world and thus fulfilled the scripture? I mean, you have now acknowledged that the "world" stretches far beyond the Roman empire. So when Jesus said the Gospel will be preached to all the world before the end comes, he (Jesus) knew that all the world is more than the Roman territories at the time.
    What I said was the known world had the gospel preached to them in the first century. There were whole continents that they didn't know about like Australasia and the Americas , but God did.
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Maybe you misunderstand me as I think you know me better than this. LOL

Of course Matthews gospel was written for everyone I actually did say that but it is known that Matthew wrote his gospel to the Jews so his theme was proving to the Jews that Jesus was the messiah. That is why when Jesus fulfilled prophecy he quoted the OT prophets prophecy
    Sorry Marty. Yes I agree.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    What I said was the known world had the gospel preached to them in the first century. There were whole continents that they didn't know about like Australasia and the Americas , but God did.
    Exactly. And Jesus did not say the *end* would come after the Gospel was preached to the Roman world. He said, "when the Gospel has been preached to all the world". See, no ambiguity here? It pays to let scripture interpret itself rather than giving it our own spin.

Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    Exactly. And Jesus did not say the *end* would come after the Gospel was preached to the Roman world. He said, "when the Gospel has been preached to all the world".
    Agreed...……………………….

It was the known Roman world Jesus was meaning and Paul states four times using the same words of Jesus that the gospel was preached in the whole world in his days
    I disagree with the idea that the Jews and people living during the time of Jesus, in the surrounding areas in Israel did not know that other places existed. Neither that Jesus was applying his message to the known world of the Roman empire.

Although they did not have the communication technology as we have today, they were not living in a bubble. We can read in the bible that people of all nations were traveling through and interacting with people during those days:

1) They could read where the queen of Sheba came from the uttermost parts of the south to hear the wisdom of Solomon.
    2) They could read in book of Esther where Mordecai ruled the provinces from India unto Ethiopia.

Esther 8:9
    Then were the king's scribes called at that time in the third month, that is, the month Sivan, on the three and twentieth day thereof; and it was written according to all that Mordecai commanded unto the Jews, and to the lieutenants, and the deputies and rulers of the provinces which are from India unto Ethiopia, an hundred twenty and seven provinces, unto every province according to the writing thereof, and unto every people after their language, and to the Jews according to their writing, and according to their language.

3) We can read that at the day of Pentecost that devout Jews from all nations kindred and tongues were gathered together in one place.
    4) In the not so distant future, we can read of Phillip teaching the word of God to the Ethiopia Eunuch on the chariot.

So no, they were not ignorant of the habitable population of the world and knew full well that many people existed in other places in the far corners of the Earth.

Agree TMarcum. And even if they didn't the Lord certainly knew there was a world beyond Rome.

Thread Information