Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Question for partial preterist

Blog Entries

Re: Question for partial preterist

Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    Which Bible told you the Antichrist will target only Christians? If he won't attack Israel, why would they flee into the desert for succour (Rev 12:6).
    That is not the AC nor the GT.

The Beast will not only target Israel, but Jerusalem will actually capitulate under his assault.
    The whole world is "targeted" as territory he will control but Jerusalem is simply where he rules from. He doesn't attack Israel or Jerusalem. In Rev the only time Jerusalem is at all damaged is from an earthquake not from the armies of the AC.

Zech 14:2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
    That doesn't take place anywhere in Rev.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Blog Entries

Ewq1938: you are going too far. The disciples simply wrote down what they heard from Jesus - it was meant for anyone interested.
    How is that going to far when that is exactly the same thing I said in the post you are replying to?
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Blog Entries

I must have missed where Paul confirmed "four times" that the Gospel was preached to the whole world in his day. Would you please share the passage(s)?
    14And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

This shows that the disciples were asking about the end of the temple sacrificial age as the whole world was preached to before 70AD .

Paul says the gospel was preached to the whole known world in

Romans Ch 1:8
    8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is being reported all over the world

and
    Ch10:17-18
    ,17 Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ. 18 But I ask: Did they not hear? Of course they did:
    “Their voice has gone out into all the earth,
    their words to the ends of the world.”

Paul also mentions it in
    Colossians Ch 1:6
    6 that has come to you. In the same way, the gospel is bearing fruit and growing throughout the whole world—just as it has been doing among you since the day you heard it and truly understood God’s grace.

and Ch 1:23
    23 if you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant
    Acts chapter 2:5
    5Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven.

This verse shows that Jews from all over the world heard the gospel in their own tongue and could take it back to their own countries and share the good news.

Read more: http://areopagus.proboards.com/threa...#ixzz5mLDybm8W

Blog Entries

But we can't deny that these few disciples started the Church that we belong to now. Therefore, the messages given to them by Jesus Christ was also meant for us.
    Of course I did actually say that it was written for the whole church

What I said was that it was written to the Jews but also the message is for us just like revelation was written to specific churches the message is still for us

Blog Entries

Interesting insight indeed, Marty. So, it's your position that Mark and Luke's account was exclusively for the Jews? If this is true, then what are they doing in the Bible since the Jews whom they were written for continue to reject Christ. Need I remind you that Judaic Jews don't read the NT?
    I didn’t say anything about mark and Luke were for the Jews only Matthew was.

Matthew was writing to newly Christian Jews and Jews who were considering Christianity

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TMarcum View Post
    I disagree with the idea that the Jews and people living during the time of Jesus, in the surrounding areas in Israel did not know that other places existed. Neither that Jesus was applying his message to the known world of the Roman empire.

Although they did not have the communication technology as we have today, they were not living in a bubble. We can read in the bible that people of all nations were traveling through and interacting with people during those days:

1) They could read where the queen of Sheba came from the uttermost parts of the south to hear the wisdom of Solomon.
    2) They could read in book of Esther where Mordecai ruled the provinces from India unto Ethiopia.

Esther 8:9
    Then were the king's scribes called at that time in the third month, that is, the month Sivan, on the three and twentieth day thereof; and it was written according to all that Mordecai commanded unto the Jews, and to the lieutenants, and the deputies and rulers of the provinces which are from India unto Ethiopia, an hundred twenty and seven provinces, unto every province according to the writing thereof, and unto every people after their language, and to the Jews according to their writing, and according to their language.

3) We can read that at the day of Pentecost that devout Jews from all nations kindred and tongues were gathered together in one place.
    4) In the not so distant future, we can read of Phillip teaching the word of God to the Ethiopia Eunuch on the chariot.

So no, they were not ignorant of the habitable population of the world and knew full well that many people existed in other places in the far corners of the Earth.
    I was meaning the Roman ruled world

Blog Entries

For those who take the bible literally and the whole world to literally mean the whole world in Matthew 24 what do you think the Pharisees meant in the verse below

John 12:19
    So the Pharisees said to one another, "See, this is getting us nowhere. Look how the whole world has gone after him!"

Were they literal or just meaning the area they knew and lived in?

Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    Acts chapter 2:5
    5Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven.

This verse shows that Jews from all over the world heard the gospel in their own tongue and could take it back to their own countries and share the good news.
    Thanks for those scriptures Marty.

I still wonder about native Australians , New Zealanders , Americans etc that they heard it then.
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    Thanks for those scriptures Marty.

I still wonder about native Australians , New Zealanders , Americans etc that they heard it then.
    They didn’t hear it back then I believe it was the whole known Roman rolled world that was ment just like the Pharisees didn’t mean the literal whole world in John 12:19

But my point is that jesus used the same words as Paul in Matthew 24 so they both were meaning the same areas

Blog Entries

To clarify Jesus was meaning the known Roman ruled world would hear the gospel before the end of the temple age and Paul confirms that it happened before 70AD

To clarify Jesus was meaning the known Roman ruled world would hear the gospel before the end of the temple age and Paul confirms that it happened before 70AD
    Thanks Marty , I understand now.
    God bless ya
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    Thanks Marty , I understand now.
    God bless ya
    Thanks Jeff I appreciate it

Blog Entries

Mat 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
    Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

This is no ordinary preaching of the gospel but is a global preaching just before the end of the world. The gospel will be preached, and then the end comes which is the second coming and the end of this current world/age. This is yet another reason this wasn't accomplished or even related to anything in AD70.

Absolutely no way, was the gospel preached throughout the whole world by 70AD. Even today, the gospel is not preached in the whole world. And you think it was done by 70AD?

The gospel was just making it to southern India by 72AD by apostle Thomas. And even then was only at certain spots and districts. Certainly not whole India or all the world. So no my friend, the gospel was not preached in all the world or known world by then.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TMarcum View Post
    Absolutely no way, was the gospel preached throughout the whole world by 70AD. Even today, the gospel is not preached in the whole world. And you think it was done by 70AD?

The gospel was just making it to southern India by 72AD by apostle Thomas. And even then was only at certain spots and districts. Certainly not whole India or all the world. So no my friend, the gospel was not preached in all the world or known world by then.
    Please read all of my recent post it answers your questions

Thread Information