Thread: Son of David , the messiah and the kongdom

Son of David , the messiah and the kongdom

The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.”
    **Matthew‬ *1:1‬ *KJV‬‬

Son of Abraham

And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.”
    **Genesis‬ *22:11-12, 15-18‬ *KJV‬‬

“Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.”
    **Galatians‬ *3:16‬ *KJV‬‬

Son of David ....the promise

"Now therefore thus shalt thou say unto my servant David, Thus saith the Lord of hosts, I took thee from the sheepcote, even from following the sheep, that thou shouldest be ruler over my people Israel:

And I have been with thee whithersoever thou hast walked, and have cut off all thine enemies from before thee, and have made thee a name like the name of the great men that are in the earth.

Also I will ordain a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, and they shall dwell in their place, and shall be moved no more; neither shall the children of wickedness waste them any more, as at the beginning, And since the time that I commanded judges to be over my people Israel.

Moreover I will subdue all thine enemies. Furthermore I tell thee that the Lord will build thee an house.

And it shall come to pass, when thy days be expired that thou must go to be with thy fathers, that I will raise up thy seed after thee, which shall be of thy sons; and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build me an house, and I will stablish his throne for ever. I will be his father, and he shall be my son: and I will not take my mercy away from him, as I took it from him that was before thee: But I will settle him in mine house and in my kingdom for ever: and his throne shall be established for evermore. According to all these words, and according to all this vision, so did Nathan speak unto David.”
    **1 Chronicles‬ *17:4-15‬ *KJV‬‬

“Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.”
    **Isaiah‬ *7:14‬ *KJV‬‬

“For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this. The Lord sent a word into Jacob, and it hath lighted upon Israel.”
    **Isaiah‬ *9:6-8‬ *KJV‬‬

David's writings...

"Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel. Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth. Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.”
    **Psalms‬ *2:6-12‬ *KJV‬‬

“I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope. For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.”
    **Psalms‬ *16:8-11‬ *KJV‬‬

“Let thy hand be upon the man of thy right hand, upon the son of man whom thou madest strong for thyself. So will not we go back from thee: quicken us, and we will call upon thy name. Turn us again, O Lord God of hosts, cause thy face to shine; and we shall be saved.”
    **Psalms‬ *80:17-19‬ *KJV‬‬

“The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool. The Lord shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies. Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth. The Lord hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.”
    **Psalms‬ *110:1-4‬ *KJV‬‬

“For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved: Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope: Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.( psalm 16 above)

Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

For David .....but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, Until I make thy foes thy footstool. ( psalm 110 above) Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.”
    **Acts‬ *2:25-28, 30-36‬ *KJV‬‬

“I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.”
    **Daniel‬ *7:13-14‬ *KJV‬‬

" And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth, To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.

And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.”
    **Luke‬ *1:26-27, 30-33, 35‬ *KJV‬‬

"But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. ( Isaiah 7:14)

Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.”
    **Matthew‬ *1:20-25‬ *KJV‬‬

And so the gospel came forth from the promises to Abraham and through David, and manifest in Christ Jesus , who is seated at the right hand of God as king of the Kingsom of God, and we are invited to partake of the kingdom of eternal light. Because these things are true .....we then know

"Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David. Behold, I have given him for a witness to the people, a leader and commander to the people. .

Behold, thou shalt call a nation that thou knowest not, and nations that knew not thee shall run unto thee because of the Lord thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel; for he hath glorified thee. Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:”
    **Isaiah‬ *55:3-6‬ *KJV‬‬

God bless you in abundance , of fruitful things , and keep you from the unfruitful things. Just some scripture for consideration, if you notice in the gospel , many were waiting for " the messiah , the promised son of David, thier folly was thinking the kingdom of David was to be established upon the earth that is now, when the kingdom of David , this kingdom of promise is in heaven , now , and will come forth in the end .....to begin the new things promised for so long

Re: Son of David , the messiah and the kongdom

so when Jesus begins preaching " the gospel of the kingdom of God" we understand where it came from in his promises ....now consider some of the things he had said

“I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.”
    **Daniel‬ *7:13-14‬ *KJV‬‬

The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.”
    **Luke‬ *16:16‬ *KJV

Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”
    **Mark‬ *1:14-15‬ *KJV‬‬

“If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things? And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

He that cometh from above is above all:
    he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all. And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and no man receiveth his testimony. He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true.

For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him. The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.”
    **John‬ *3:12-13, 31-36‬ *KJV‬‬

What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before? It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. But there are some of you that believe not. .....
    **John‬ *6:62-64‬ *KJV‬‬

"Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.”
    **John‬ *18:36-37‬ *KJV‬‬

“Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.....And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.”
    **John‬ *8:21, 23‬ *KJV‬‬

“For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not. Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.”
    **John‬ *5:22-27, 38-40‬ *KJV‬‬‬‬

“And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.”
    **Luke‬ *17:20-21‬ *KJV‬‬

“Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.”
    **Luke‬ *12:32‬ *KJV‬‬

“And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.”
    **Revelation‬ *12:10‬ *KJV‬‬

“After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come.

And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.

And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name. And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.”
    **Luke‬ *10:1, 9, 17-18‬ *KJV‬‬

“Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.”
    **Luke‬ *10:19-22‬ *KJV‬‬

So then

“Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:”
    **Colossians‬ *1:12-15‬ *KJV‬‬

“And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.”
    **Revelation‬ *7:14‬ *KJV‬‬

"Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: "

“Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.”
    **Revelation‬ *19:7-9‬ *KJV‬‬

“Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Zion shall be redeemed with judgment, and her converts with righteousness.”
    **Isaiah‬ *1:18, 27‬ *KJV‬‬

“In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:”
    **Colossians‬ *1:14‬ *KJV‬‬

“According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.”
    **Ephesians‬ *1:4-7, 9-14‬ *KJV‬‬

do you see the perpetual nature of what God has said to mankind? And what the gospel of the kingdom being preached in all the world for a witness ?

“And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.”
    **Matthew‬ *24:14‬ *KJV‬‬

it's because the gospel means this ultimately

“Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads. And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

think “The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.”
    **Luke‬ *16:16‬ *KJV‬‬

"After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them. They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.”
    **Revelation‬ *7:3-4, 9-10, 13-17‬ *KJV‬‬

that is us brothers and sisters, meaning the entire true church from then unto now , the children of the kingdom who are made so in his only begotten son. who have come unto the lord through Jesus Christ , accepting his words ,following where he leads , drinking of his presence . the gospel of the kingdom of God , his teachings , his ways , his forgiveness, his pain and suffering , his blood on our behalf, he is our Lord , our King eternal, the gospel we are meant to share with the world , is simply his gospel , we don't need to re invent it but just share the gospel in the world wherever we are , through words and deeds of brotherly love , to the glory of his name and fame.

Christians are promised that Gods spirit , will come live with us this is his continual presence with us , and our continual presence in heaven spiritually because we are in Christ through faith. We need to grasp that he is with us , he knows and sees every deed whether good or bad, were never hidden in a dark place , were always in his light , were meant to serve him through the spirit in the gospel that is Gods spirit being poured into our hearts through his knowledge , which when we believe , becomes our hearts guidance through our conscience , we need to believe the things Jesus said , because of the promises he made about the things he said . Eternal life , salvation, forgiveness , new garments washed in his blood, invitation to his wedding supper in the eternal kingdom and we can rest assured his word is faithful.

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.”
    **1 Corinthians‬ *3:16-18‬ *KJV‬‬

“What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.”
    **1 Corinthians‬ *6:19-20‬ *KJV‬‬

“And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.”
    **2 Corinthians‬ *6:16-18‬ *KJV‬‬

we understand this doctrine is not new from Paul ,miss further revelation of this in the gospel

If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.”
    **John‬ *14:15-17, 20, 23-26‬ *KJV‬‬

and this in the gospel is a fulfillment of this

“Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord God; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.

For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land. Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.”
    **Ezekiel‬ *36:22, 24-27‬ *KJV‬‬

those who accepted the gospel then , were sent by Jesus out into the world to gather his kingdom , those who rejected Jesus of Israel were cutoff, those who accepted him were the remnant sent out to gather guests for the wedding banquet after Israel refused again and again through the law and prophets, and the result is shown in Acts and the epistles how the chirch had received the Holy Ghost both Jew and gentile through the preaching of the gospel .....the same gospel forever , same spirit forever , same words forever

Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.”
    **Matthew‬ *24:35‬ *KJV‬‬

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein. We have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat which serve the tabernacle.

Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate. Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach. For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.

By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name. But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.
    **Hebrews‬ *13:8-10, 12-16‬ *KJV‬‬

This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.”
    **Titus‬ *3:8‬ *KJV‬‬

The kingdom was taken from Israel , and given to all people, now it doesn't matter Israeli by blood, or gentile by blood . The blood that matters is Jesus blood. To be clear Israelis are not excluded , but whoever believes Jesus is counted for the seed of inheritance. They are Israel.

“Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.

Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country: And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it. And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another.

Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise. But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son. But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance. And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him.

When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen? They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons.”
    **Matthew‬ *21:31, 33-41‬ *KJV‬‬

“Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes? Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.”
    **Matthew‬ *21:42-44‬ *KJV‬‬

now consider how they treated the prophets, and then how Jesus was treated when God sent him , by the leaders of Israel the priests, elders , scribes, Pharisees....another example

The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son, And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding:

and they would not come.

Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage. But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise: And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them.

But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city. Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy

. Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage. So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.

And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment: And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless. Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”
    **Matthew‬ *22:2-13‬ *KJV‬‬

Israels covenant from Sinai is finished , Christianity is the coming of the promised new covenant , which would begin in Israel and be spread into the world through thier rejection of it. So that " all nations of the earth would be blessed in the promised seed of Christ"

obviously Israel isn't excluded based on thier blood, but thier exclusive covenant is cut off , just as it was always meant to be. They too have to accept the gospel , to think all Israelites are excluded is not proper , because everyone save Luke was an Israelite by blood who wrote in the New Testament the church is all people of the earth , the eternal covenant is through the promised seed , corresponding to isaacs the son of promise , like Jesus was promised so often before his birth , and was born of Gods power to keep his word.

our promised land is the new heaven and new earth to come forth , there will be the division of the land according to the inheritance . Israels first covenant t is fulfilled they were delivered onto the land promised , and just as God said if they broke his covenant and defiled all his laws , he would scatter them throughout the world , send a perpetual curse among them , and give the kingdom to other nations who were not called as Israel was.

it's not the covenant given to Isaac which they operated in , but the covenant corresponding to Ishmael , who was cast out of Abrahams house , so he would not share in the inheritance . The old covenant from Sinai , is not the covenant of promise , the eternal covenant comes through Abraham , Isaac, Jacob, ...Jesse , david, zerubabbel and eventually Jesus Christ is the fulfillment of those promises. When " the son is born who would be called Immanuel "

our enduring lands are yet to be revealed , but are more certain than anything we see .

Here's what I mean about Ishmael and Isaac

Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed. So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.”
    **Galatians‬ *3:6-9‬ *KJV‬‬

“For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them. Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith....Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect. For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe. But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
    **Galatians‬ *3:10-14, 16-19, 22-29‬ *KJV‬‬

“Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all; But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father. Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:

But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage? Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.

Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?

For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman. But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.

Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar. For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman. So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.”
    **Galatians‬ *4:1-7, 9-10, 21-26, 28, 30-31‬ *KJV‬‬

"For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female:

for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.”

Here's what Paul is referring to

Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman. But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.

Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar. For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise."

“And Sarai said unto Abram, Behold now, the Lord hath restrained me from bearing: I pray thee, go in unto my maid; it may be that I may obtain children by her. And Abram hearkened to the voice of Sarai.

And he went in unto Hagar, and she conceived: and when she saw that she had conceived, her mistress was despised in her eyes.

And the angel of the Lord said unto her, I will multiply thy seed exceedingly, that it shall not be numbered for multitude. And the angel of the Lord said unto her, Behold, thou art with child, and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name Ishmael; because the Lord hath heard thy affliction. And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.”
    **Genesis‬ *16:2, 4, 10-12‬ *KJV‬‬

“And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the Lord appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect. And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.

As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations. Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

( circumcision of flesh )

And God said unto Abraham, As for Sarai thy wife, thou shalt not call her name Sarai, but Sarah shall her name be. And I will bless her, and give thee a son also of her: yea, I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of people shall be of her.

And Abraham said unto God, O that Ishmael might live before thee!

And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.

And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation. But my covenant will I establish with Isaac, which Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year. And he left off talking with him, and God went up from Abraham.”
    **Genesis‬ *17:1-2, 4-5, 15-16, 18-22‬ *KJV‬‬

"Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman. So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.”

"But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh"

“And Abraham took Ishmael his son, and all that were born in his house, and all that were bought with his money, every male among the men of Abraham's house; and circumcised the flesh of their foreskin in the selfsame day, as God had said unto him.”
    **Genesis‬ *17:23‬ *KJV‬‬

“And the Lord visited Sarah as he had said, and the Lord did unto Sarah as he had spoken. For Sarah conceived, and bare Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which God had spoken to him. And Abraham called the name of his son that was born unto him, whom Sarah bare to him, Isaac.

And Abraham was an hundred years old, when his son Isaac was born unto him.

And Sarah saw the son of Hagar the Egyptian, which she had born unto Abraham, mocking.

Wherefore she said unto Abraham, Cast out this bondwoman and her son: for the son of this bondwoman shall not be heir
    with my son, even with Isaac.

And the thing was very grievous in Abraham's sight because of his son. And God said unto Abraham, Let it not be grievous in thy sight because of the lad, and because of thy bondwoman; in all that Sarah hath said unto thee, hearken unto her voice; for in Isaac shall thy seed be called.

And also of the son of the bondwoman will I make a nation, because he is thy seed.
    **Genesis‬ *21:1-3, 5, 9-13‬ *KJV‬‬

" Israel"are those born through the promises of Christ in the gospel, the new and everlasting covenant. The first covenant people of the flesh were never to be the heirs , but were the servants. Like Hagar and her son. Those who accept Christ , whether they are Jew or gentile by birth , doesn't matter , if they are physically circumcised doesn't matter , whether male or female, doesn't matter. What matters is

"For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise

Notice Ishmael , who represents the covenant at Sinai in Paul's allegorical explaination, Ishmael is born because Sarai doubted so she then said to Abraham " go to Hagar my servant , ant take her so you will have a seed" so Abraham follows her advice , and then Ishmael is born , this is the will born of doubt, Sarai's idea to provide Abraham a seed.

God had first promised abram ( note the direction and blessing correspondence regarding faith and works.)

“Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

( Abram believed this that God said to him and so)

So Abram departed, as the Lord had spoken unto him; and Lot went with him: and Abram was seventy and five years old when he departed out of Haran.”
    **Genesis‬ *12:1-4‬ *KJV‬‬

this is something that really defines Abraham , he believed what God said , and usually God was telling him to do something , and he would receive something so much greater than he would ever have unless God had offered it to him by his word. Somabraham because of this faith , believing Gods words....he always obeyed when God told him to do something . Faith is like Noah , God told him " I'm going to destroy the earth ...but You Noah , build an ark of gopher wood...ect ( gives him instructions for the ark ) and then Noah believed " God is going to send a flood and destroy mankind....I better build the ark like he said "

By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
    **Hebrews‬ *11:7‬ *KJV‬‬

see Noah didn't need to see the waves headed his way , he believed what God said. So if God was saying " I'm going to flood the earth , do this and I will save you and your household alone in all mankind" .....then Noah isn't going to say " well lord I do believe you ....but that's work , I have faith so I don't need to do what you said ... Again lord I believe so much that the earth is going to flood like you told me, and I know you told me how to build an ark .....but I don't believe I need to do it though ...I'm of faith "

faith , is when we truly believe Gods word of things , of he says " you must repent, be baptized, and believe the gospel "

then that's actually what we must do ....it doesn't change later into " I'm saved by grace , through faith , so I don't have to do what he said "

faith , isn't doing because your afraid , but because you understand God and by nature you revere him and exalt him enough to grasp " what he says is going to always be true " this is so , with warnings , and it is so with the promises that far outweigh them all.

so back to Abraham

By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.”
    **Hebrews‬ *11:8-10‬ *KJV‬‬

see Abraham was like a stranger in the lands , the promise to,him was " I will make you a father of many nations look up to the stars Abraham , count them and then you know the number of your offspring , through you all families of the earth will be blessed "

but Abraham until late age journeys forward on this promise of being a father of many nations , how his children would cover the earth in number....then at age 99 God makes a promise to him , " your wife who is past age , is going to conceive your son , from your body which is 99 years old and I will make an everlasting covenant with him, and his seed"

he only having one other son , born of his wife's doubt , and her will when she bid him to go to Hagar so he would have a seed for inheritance. Now receives a son who is born only because God promised them it would happen , when Isaac is born corresponding to the new covenant , then Hagar and Ishmael are cast out of Abrahams house and set upon a different course , which corresponds to the covenant made at Sinai, being fulfilled when the seed of promise would come , being when Jesus , who is the seed of this promise, came with his gospel and the new covenant, the covenant of faith , not faith that says " I believe so I don't need to do what Jesus has said to do , but faith that believes the promise , of Jesus and doing the things he says .....like Abraham did , before the law , we can do now in Christ and his gospel of the kingdom.

But Ishmael , his blessing is clearly different as we see there " o that Ishmael may live before thee ! " Abraham didn't quite seem to be convinced that Sarah was going to bear a son in a year so he's saying " lord can you just do this through Ishmael ?"

but God responds " Sarah will indeed bear you a son in one year , and I will establish my covenant through him for an everlasting covenant " but as for Ishmael I have heard your plea and...will make him a great nation, and he will begat 12 princes .....and also God had said in the wilderness of Ishmael " he will be a wild donkey of a man ( stiff necked) and he will dwell among his brethren and everyone's hand will be against him" then he is cast out of the house of his father , and given no inheritance among the child of promise .

Ishmales covenant represented there is this promise

“And when the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell upon Abram; and, lo, an horror of great darkness fell upon him. And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years; And also that nation, whom they shall serve, will I judge: and afterward shall they come out with great substance. And thou shalt go to thy fathers in peace; thou shalt be buried in a good old age. But in the fourth generation they shall come hither again: for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet full. And it came to pass, that, when the sun went down, and it was dark, behold a smoking furnace, and a burning lamp that passed between those pieces.”
    **Genesis‬ *15:12-17‬ *KJV‬‬

this is where the covenant at Sinai begins , Jacob and his sons go into Egypt soon after for four hundred years, are enslaved and persecuted among them after Joseph's generation dies , then God delivers them and judges harshly , Egypt as he says there, they come out with an abundance of lovestock and possessions, then in the wilderness the covenant t is made at Sinai, through Moses. The covenant Paul is saying corresponds tomishmael and genders bondage and answers to the Jerusalem that is now .

but the covenant of Isaac the son of Gods promise

“And the angel of the Lord called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time, And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the Lord, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son: That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies; And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.”
    **Genesis‬ *22:15-18‬ *KJV‬‬

this covenant goes from Isaac , to Jacob, then to David. And finally comes to pass in the gospel with Jesus Christ. When his gospel is sent to all nations of the earth , for all people of the earth to believe and be saved .....

Quote Originally Posted by Follower1977 View Post
    The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.”

And so the gospel came forth from the promises to Abraham and through David, and manifest in Christ Jesus , who is seated at the right hand of God as king of the Kingsom of God, and we are invited to partake of the kingdom of eternal light. Because these things are true .....we then know

"Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David. Behold, I have given him for a witness to the people, a leader and commander to the people. .

Behold, thou shalt call a nation that thou knowest not, and nations that knew not thee shall run unto thee because of the Lord thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel; for he hath glorified thee. Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:”
    **Isaiah‬ *55:3-6‬ *KJV‬‬

God bless you in abundance , of fruitful things , and keep you from the unfruitful things. Just some scripture for consideration, if you notice in the gospel , many were waiting for " the messiah , the promised son of David, thier folly was thinking the kingdom of David was to be established upon the earth that is now, when the kingdom of David , this kingdom of promise is in heaven , now , and will come forth in the end .....to begin the new things promised for so long
    You have gathered much scripture and posted it without comment. Each has his style. But when you finally come to the point you want to make, I find that you conclude that which is in blue.

My appreciation is that the Kingdom of David (and his Seed after him) WAS EXPLICITLY AN EARTHLY KINGDOM. The promises to Abraham were for a piece of this EARTH - and even into the New Testament have not changed (Rom.4:13). I doubt that the the Jews thinking that Messiah would set up Israel again on earth as we know it, was folly. That is the content of the bulk of the prophets. Their folly was;
    1. not realizing that it was their sins that had gotten them into such a miserable condition. It was the breaking of the Law that had brought God's just curses upon them. For any restoration of National Israel the first thing that needed to be done was to turn back to the Law (Deut.30:1-5), not an empty display of Law-keeping, but with "their whole heart".
    2. not realizing that even if they turned back to the Law with their whole heart, they would still break it. John Baptist came forth Baptizing. Why? To get Israel to admit their sins even though they displayed keeping the Law. The Fig Tree HAD LEAVES. It's garment of Law-keeping was intact. But their was NO FRUIT. Thus, John proposes that they bury the past. The Law was ineffectual, not because the Law was bad, but because men's intrinsic nature was bad.
    3. not realizing that Israelites needed an intrinsic CHANGE OF NATURE. This, Jesus proposes to a leading Pharisee - Nicodemus. The Israelite needed to get back to the Tree of Life - not more teaching as Nicodemus proposed. So Messiah openly declares that besides a man's natural birth from the womb, he must undergo a SECOND ADDITIONAL birth inside his human spirit (Jn.3:6). This would be the universal solution to the intrinsic evil in man - a second, and more power Law of LIFE inside a man to combat the Law of sin and death that "dwelt" inside man.
    4. not realizing, even after 1,500 years of sacrificing for their sins, that before a man could approach the Tree of Life, the HINDRANCE to this Tree must be removed. Either the Israelite had to pass through the fiery sword, in which his flesh would destroyed, or One who was SINLESS would pass through FOR HIM. This was the basis of 1,500 years of sacrificing and the Israelites either missed it, or, as we know better, WOULD NOT ADMIT IT.

If Israel, starting with that pitiful bunch who occupied Canaan at the time of Jesus' birth, had appreciated these four things above, all that was left for them to do was to search out the heritage of this Man Jesus. Caesar's tax records were immaculate. It would have taken one hour in Herod's archives to establish that Jesus was not from Nazareth, but Bethlehem, and even less time to establish who His mother and father where. Mary of the bloodline of Nathan - son of David, and Joseph of the bloodline of Solomon - son of David. If they had just given Jesus His HUMAN right, they would have been bound to follow Him. But the rejected His HUMAN right AND THEN REJECTED HIS DIVINE RIGHT WHICH WAS DISPLAYED IN THE MOST AWESOME DISPLAY OF MIRACLES, ending with the resurrection of man dead for four days - Lazarus.

And so, Messiah, rejected by His people, must retire to heaven while He gathers, from all nations, a New People who will embrace this New and Second BIRTH - the Church. BUT HAS GOD FORGOTTEN ISRAEL? PERISH THE THOUGHT! His Promises to them were not to the Seed of the Holy Spirit, but to the seed of JACOB who is seed of Abraham - seed of the loins. The Promises have not changed and the aim of the Promises have not changed. David must surely rule an EARTHLY KINGDOM on this earth as we know it (Jer.30:9). By the time of the writing of Jeremiah 30:9, David had been dead for nearly 500 years. For Jeremiah to predict that God would "raise" David to be king unequivocally IMPLIES RESURRECTION - the very thing that Jesus displayed a week before His death to ALL of Canaan at the time, and then to over 500 of His followers 3 days after His death.

Israel's restoration is solidly based on (1) God's Promise by OATH to Abraham, (2) RESURRECTION. And the KINGDOM that will be established when this happens will BE EARTHLY. It is in JERUSALEM, "City of the Great KING", that Jesus Messiah and His great grandfather, David, will live and RULE. Israel have little to do with heaven. That is the domain of the Church - those who accepted the Son of God from above, accepted the BIRTH from above, looked to heaven for their treasure, and looked to heaven, not Bethlehem, for their KING. Israel under David and Jesus, will be the leading nation on earth, with the heathen pouring into Jerusalem for audience with Jesus and prayer in the Temple of Ezekiel, the Church, the HEAVENLY part, will RULE THE WHOLE EARTH. This is the fundamental difference between David's RULE and rule by the Church. David's Kingdom, glorious as it may be, IS EARTHLY. It has boundaries and is populated by the "seed of Abraham via Jacob". The Kingdom of Heaven is a matter of those BORN from above, enlivened from above, banking their treasure above, watching for their King from above and partaking of the "heavenly calling" (Heb.3:1). It's SPHERE OF RULE IS ALSO EARTH - for it it NOT "the Kingdom IN Heaven". It is "the Kingdom OF heaven". "OF" means "out of". "Some posters of this Forum are OF Africa, but they now are vacationing in US of A. Are they IN Africa? NO. They are OF Africa but presently IN USA. So also the Kingdom OF Heaven. It is heavenly in nature and origin, and the rules are the those of heaven, but it is ON EARTH!

And which earth? The earth as we know it now. Summer, winter, planting, harvesting, human birth and human death, kings, governors, priests serving Emmanuel, Israel, the Church and the Nations - all on an earth that is now recovered from the curse because of Christ and the Church's righteous ruling. It is the SAME earth, but because f te new and righteous government, is in REGENERATION. The whole matter is seen in Matthew 19:28.

"And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have (past tense) followed me, in the regeneration when (future tense) the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel."

Honestly man , I just don't wanna make a bunch of different threads , just sharing some scripture and thoughts ...nothing more . No the blue isn't a conclusion, it's sort of all there , Ishmael and Isaac , Ishmael and the old covenant are on blue .

maybe you didn't see this in the op

And it shall come to pass, when thy days be expired that thou must go to be with thy fathers, that I will raise up thy seed after thee, which shall be of thy sons; and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build me an house, and I will stablish his throne for ever. I will be his father, and he shall be my son: and I will not take my mercy away from him, as I took it from him that was before thee: But I will settle him in mine house and in my kingdom for ever: and his throne shall be established for evermore. According to all these words, and according to all this vision, so did Nathan speak unto David.”
    **1 Chronicles‬ *17:4-15‬ *KJV‬‬

This was said to David before his death.

this is the apostle peters " conclusion" regarding that promise God made him

"For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved: Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope: Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.( psalm 16 above)

Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

that's sort of simple ......

Hereafter shall the Son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God.”
    **Luke‬ *22:69‬ *KJV‬‬

“Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.”
    **Hebrews‬ *12:2‬ *KJV‬‬

“But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;”
    **Hebrews‬ *10:12‬ *KJV‬‬

“So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.”
    **Mark‬ *16:19‬ *KJV‬‬

Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.”
    **1 Peter‬ *3:22‬ *KJV‬‬

because David wrote

The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool. The Lord shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.

The Lord hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.”
    **Psalms‬ *110:1-2, 4‬ *KJV‬‬

David's kingdom is eternal this earth is not , David had his earthly kingdom yes, but the kingdom of heaven is the house God built , and not man he was promised that his seed would be seated on an eternal kingdom .

“But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.”
    **2 Peter‬ *3:10-13‬ *KJV‬‬

David had his kingdom and Solomon his house but we are talking about the covenant again, based on what God said , he was going to do , we are of the house that he has built ,mrs ther than the house that men built where he does not dwell. This too is the beginning of the promise

“Go and tell my servant David, Thus saith the Lord, Shalt thou build me an house for me to dwell in? Whereas I have not dwelt in any house since the time that I brought up the children of Israel out of Egypt, even to this day, but have walked in a tent and in a tabernacle. In all the places wherein I have walked with all the children of Israel spake I a word with any of the tribes of Israel, whom I commanded to feed my people Israel, saying, Why build ye not me an house of cedar?

Now therefore so shalt thou say unto my servant David, Thus saith the Lord of hosts, I took thee from the sheepcote, from following the sheep, to be ruler over my people, over Israel: And I was with thee whithersoever thou wentest, and have cut off all thine enemies out of thy sight, and have made thee a great name, like unto the name of the great men that are in the earth.

Moreover I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime, And as since the time that I commanded judges to be over my people Israel, and have caused thee to rest from all thine enemies

. Also the Lord telleth thee that he will make thee an house.”
    **2 Samuel‬ *7:5-11‬ *KJV‬‬

Domyou notice how Israels land had long been appointed and he's saying he will appoint a place for them? It's because this earth and everything in it of it , is condemned to destruction and desolation. We Christians , we're looking for the promises ...which have been there a long time

“For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
    **Isaiah‬ *65:17‬ *KJV‬‬

“Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.”
    **2 Peter‬ *3:13‬ *KJV‬‬

“And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.”
    **Revelation‬ *21:1‬ *KJV‬‬

David's kingdom is eternal of the things to come the things of Gods promises which we believe and walk after like Abraham did ...., but it's not going to happen on this earth this earth is doomed. From way back in the prophets the whole earth was condemned by Gods immutable words...but he was always saying these things in prophecy from the time of Moses ....

See Abraham , was many times throughout the land of promise, it says he soujourned as a stranger, because he was looking for a city whose maker is God.

By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went. By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.”
    **Hebrews‬ *11:8-10‬ *KJV‬‬

this is what God told David above " don't build me a house ....but I tell you I will build you a house.

in the old covenant , the men built the house , to the exact measurements and designs as God showed Moses on the mount. But the kingdom of God , is God building the house for us,mthe city for us

“These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.

But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.”
    **Hebrews‬ *11:13-14, 16‬ *KJV‬‬

you see even Abraham was looking forward to the new heavens and earth , he was shown the stars when the covenant was made , he was looking into the heavens , he knew there was more and he believed.

“But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,”
    **Hebrews‬ *12:22‬ *KJV‬‬

as we should be looking to the eternal unseen things where our hope is set, Abraham was looking

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
    **Revelation‬ *21:1-5‬ *KJV‬‬

Look to the promises he makes in Christ

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.”
    **John‬ *14:1-6, 15-17, 20, 23-26‬ *KJV‬‬

Thread Information