View Poll Results: how do we get ready for Christ's Coming

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Getting saved and remaining faithful in your Christianity?

6 66.67%
  • Being expectant that Christ could come at any minute?

0 0%
  • A combination of #1 and #2?

3 33.33%

Thread: how do we get ready for Christ's Coming?

how do we get ready for Christ's Coming?

Do you think getting ready for Christ's Coming is a matter of:
    1) Getting saved and remaining faithful in your Christianity, or...
    2) Being expectant that Christ could come at any minute? Or...
    3) A combination of both?

Just curious.

Blog Entries

Re: how do we get ready for Christ's Coming?

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post

Just curious.
    Paul said the falling away and the revealing of the man of sin happens before Christ returns so "getting saved and remaining faithful in your Christianity" is a given but watching for the proper signs is what saved Christians need to watch for. There is no such thing as "Christ could come at any minute". It's better worded as "the false christ could come at any minute" which will cause the falling away.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Just curious.
    I say 1).
    2) is part of it.

Washing each others feet will help us be ready.

Just curious.
    I say 1).
    2) is part of it.

Washing each others feet will help us be ready.
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Blog Entries

It is a matter of maintaining our faith through all that is prophesied to happen BEFORE that glorious Day.
    Revelation tells us about terrible and dramatic events, all leading up to the final battle; Armageddon, where Jesus will destroy those armies and chain up Satan.

What people don't seem to realize, is that very soon, the Lord will act to change the current situation. We are now, once again as in the days of Noah and then God destroyed all except 8 people. Over 100 prophesies tell us that the next time He will reset our civilization, He will use fire. Why aren't people aware of this and ready for it?

Cool Re: how do we get ready for Christ's Coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    It is a matter of maintaining our faith through all that is prophesied to happen BEFORE that glorious Day.
    Revelation tells us about terrible and dramatic events, all leading up to the final battle; Armageddon, where Jesus will destroy those armies and chain up Satan.

What people don't seem to realize, is that very soon, the Lord will act to change the current situation. We are now, once again as in the days of Noah and then God destroyed all except 8 people. Over 100 prophesies tell us that the next time He will reset our civilization, He will use fire. Why aren't people aware of this and ready for it?
    Well, some think they will be raptured before that day comes. What are they going to do when saints are dying all around them? I guess they will have to relearn events so they aren't thrown off again. The fire is coming!
    John 15:17 "These things I command you, that ye love one another."

So here's the interesting thing, and what I was getting at. Some of you I would agree with that we must be ready for Christ's Coming at all times, but should not expect that he will come before the Antichrist arises. So what does it mean to be ready for Christ's coming "at all times" if we know he can't really come at any time?

I think there is a big difference between being spiritually equipped for spiritual warfare and being physically equipped for an actual battle. In an actual battle we have to be armed and ready, because the battle is about to take place. But being spiritually equipped is an ongoing struggle to remain righteous and obedient. It doesn't require an actual battle at a certain time and place. Spiritual warfare takes place *all the time.*

And so, being "ready" for the Kingdom for me means that we get saved, and walk in obedience all the time. In this way we are always ready for the Kingdom. We aren't expecting that Christ could just arrive at any time. Rather, we are simply alert to spiritual dangers, and remain engaged in ministry and in spiritual warfare so that we are good examples of Christianity.

Blog Entries

Actually, I believe the exhortation to be ready for an unexpected coming of the Lord, isn't that we must be ready for Jesus' Return, but for His sudden and shocking Day of wrath, a Day that He will not be seen. The Day He will punish the nations in His anger and fiery wrath. Habakkuk 3:12, Psalms 110:5-6, 2 Peter 3:7, Revelation 6:12-17
    The glorious Day Jesus Returns, will be known by Bible believers, as it will be exactly 1260 days after the Anti-Christ desecrates the Temple. Revelation 11:1-3

Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    Actually, I believe the exhortation to be ready for an unexpected coming of the Lord, isn't that we must be ready for Jesus' Return, but for His sudden and shocking Day of wrath, a Day that He will not be seen. The Day He will punish the nations in His anger and fiery wrath. Habakkuk 3:12, Psalms 110:5-6, 2 Peter 3:7, Revelation 6:12-17
    The glorious Day Jesus Returns, will be known by Bible believers, as it will be exactly 1260 days after the Anti-Christ desecrates the Temple. Revelation 11:1-3
    The urgent exhortations to live righteously must have a warning attached to it, in order to elicit proper preparation. Without a judgment many would be less concerned about living in righteousness. So yes, there will be a fiery ordeal, on smaller levels in our daily lives, and also on a larger scale, affecting large groups of people.

I cannot say when those judgments will happen. It is enough for me to know that God is unhappy with me when I misbehave, and if necessary, will bring strong corrective action. And it is enough to know that the unbelieving world will be judged quite severely, and needs to be forewarned.

Blog Entries

Psalms 2:8 & Psalms 110:5-6 I; [God] give You [Jesus] the nations as Your domain, the earth to its furthest ends as Your possession. The Lord at Your right hand, [Jesus] will crush the rulers of the whole earth on the Day of His wrath. In glorious majesty He will judge the nations, breaking them with His rod of iron, shattering them like a clay pot, heaping up the dead around the world. Habakkuk 3:12, 2 Peter 3:7
    This terrible, worldwide judgement/punishment has not happened, as yet. Now we are in the end times and as we approach the time of Jesus’ Return, many prophesied things must take place. Even now, there is a push toward a New World Order, a global government, but to enable this to be set up, there has to be some kind of disaster, a dramatic change in our current situation, that will induce the nations to give up their sovereignty.
    What it is that the Lord will use to carry out this sudden and shocking event, has to be something that can be looked upon as a natural disaster, so most survivors can continue in their disbelief of a Creator and give their allegiance to the dictator of this world government. Many prophecies tell us of this forthcoming judgement of the nations, a global disaster of Noahic proportions, this time of fire, earthquakes and storm winds. Deut. 32:22 & 34-35, Isaiah 66:15-16, Rev. 6:12-17
    Haggai 2:6…In a little while from now, I shall shake the heavens and the earth…Hebrews 12:26 [A little while to God in heaven, but a long time for us, on earth]

Some scriptures of what will happen on that Day:
    In Israel [Judah] –
    Zephaniah 1:4-18 I shall stretch out My hand over Judah, over all that live in Jerusalem. On the Day of the Lord’s sacrifice, I shall wipe out all traces of idol worship I will punish all those complacent people. All who commit crimes of violence and fraud will fall with a great crash. The great Day of the Lord is near and coming fast - His Day of wrath and distress onto the peoples. Their blood and guts will pour out like dung upon the ground and nothing can save them from the fire of His judgement. He will make a sudden and terrible end to all who live in the holy Land. Isaiah 22:14, Jeremiah 10:18, Jeremiah 25:30-33, Deuteronomy 32:34-43, Matthew 21:41-43

In other Middle Eastern countries:
    Ezekiel 30:2-5 Wail! Alas for the Day, the Day of the Lord is near. A Day of reckoning for the nations. A Day of disaster for Egypt; they will fall by the sword of the Lord’s slaughter. All the Arab nations, the Africans, Libyans and peoples of that area will be killed along with Egypt. Zephaniah 2:12, Isaiah 29:8-12, Amos 1:2-15 & 2:1-5

Isaiah 34:5-8 The sword of the Lord will appear in the sky and descend in judgement upon Edom, onto a people doomed for destruction. His sword is sated with blood, for on His Day of vengeance, the Lord has a sacrifice in Bozrah and a slaughter in Edom. Isaiah 63:1-6, Ezekiel 35:1-15, Jeremiah 49:1-39
    In Edom, a metaphor for all the ungodly peoples.
    Bozrah, means – glad tidings in Hebrew, but is also the name given to a sheepfold, so it refers to where the Lord’s faithful Christian people live, scattered among the nations.

Acts 2:19 I will show wonders in the sky above and signs on the earth: blood, fire and smoke…
    This terrible disaster that will strike the earth is not unprecedented. There has been events that have caused mass extinctions and Noah’s Flood destroyed the entire antediluvian world.
    The Lord’s Day of wrath, Revelation 6:12-17, will be ‘the Rod of Iron’, as He punishes the nations, Jeremiah 9:25-26, Ezekiel 32:20-32, and our world will never be the same again.

Isaiah 30:15…In calm detachment lies your safety, your strength in quiet trust. Isaiah 51:6
    We who trust the Lord and keep His commandments have the promises of His protection on the Day and then the great prophecies of His faithful Christian people gathering and settling into all of the holy Land will come to pass. Isaiah 62:1-5, Zechariah 9:14-18

Psalms 2:8 & Psalms 110:5-6 I; [God] give You [Jesus] the nations as Your domain, the earth to its furthest ends as Your possession. The Lord at Your right hand, [Jesus] will crush the rulers of the whole earth on the Day of His wrath. In glorious majesty He will judge the nations, breaking them with His rod of iron, shattering them like a clay pot, heaping up the dead around the world. Habakkuk 3:12, 2 Peter 3:7
    This terrible, worldwide judgement/punishment has not happened, as yet. Now we are in the end times and as we approach the time of Jesus’ Return, many prophesied things must take place. Even now, there is a push toward a New World Order, a global government, but to enable this to be set up, there has to be some kind of disaster, a dramatic change in our current situation, that will induce the nations to give up their sovereignty.
    What it is that the Lord will use to carry out this sudden and shocking event, has to be something that can be looked upon as a natural disaster, so most survivors can continue in their disbelief of a Creator and give their allegiance to the dictator of this world government. Many prophecies tell us of this forthcoming judgement of the nations, a global disaster of Noahic proportions, this time of fire, earthquakes and storm winds. Deut. 32:22 & 34-35, Isaiah 66:15-16, Rev. 6:12-17
    Haggai 2:6…In a little while from now, I shall shake the heavens and the earth…Hebrews 12:26 [A little while to God in heaven, but a long time for us, on earth]

Some scriptures of what will happen on that Day:
    In Israel [Judah] –
    Zephaniah 1:4-18 I shall stretch out My hand over Judah, over all that live in Jerusalem. On the Day of the Lord’s sacrifice, I shall wipe out all traces of idol worship I will punish all those complacent people. All who commit crimes of violence and fraud will fall with a great crash. The great Day of the Lord is near and coming fast - His Day of wrath and distress onto the peoples. Their blood and guts will pour out like dung upon the ground and nothing can save them from the fire of His judgement. He will make a sudden and terrible end to all who live in the holy Land. Isaiah 22:14, Jeremiah 10:18, Jeremiah 25:30-33, Deuteronomy 32:34-43, Matthew 21:41-43

In other Middle Eastern countries:
    Ezekiel 30:2-5 Wail! Alas for the Day, the Day of the Lord is near. A Day of reckoning for the nations. A Day of disaster for Egypt; they will fall by the sword of the Lord’s slaughter. All the Arab nations, the Africans, Libyans and peoples of that area will be killed along with Egypt. Zephaniah 2:12, Isaiah 29:8-12, Amos 1:2-15 & 2:1-5

Isaiah 34:5-8 The sword of the Lord will appear in the sky and descend in judgement upon Edom, onto a people doomed for destruction. His sword is sated with blood, for on His Day of vengeance, the Lord has a sacrifice in Bozrah and a slaughter in Edom. Isaiah 63:1-6, Ezekiel 35:1-15, Jeremiah 49:1-39
    In Edom, a metaphor for all the ungodly peoples.
    Bozrah, means – glad tidings in Hebrew, but is also the name given to a sheepfold, so it refers to where the Lord’s faithful Christian people live, scattered among the nations.

Acts 2:19 I will show wonders in the sky above and signs on the earth: blood, fire and smoke…
    This terrible disaster that will strike the earth is not unprecedented. There has been events that have caused mass extinctions and Noah’s Flood destroyed the entire antediluvian world.
    The Lord’s Day of wrath, Revelation 6:12-17, will be ‘the Rod of Iron’, as He punishes the nations, Jeremiah 9:25-26, Ezekiel 32:20-32, and our world will never be the same again.

Isaiah 30:15…In calm detachment lies your safety, your strength in quiet trust. Isaiah 51:6
    We who trust the Lord and keep His commandments have the promises of His protection on the Day and then the great prophecies of His faithful Christian people gathering and settling into all of the holy Land will come to pass. Isaiah 62:1-5, Zechariah 9:14-18

Thread Information