Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The false gospel of grace

Re: The false gospel of grace

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    There is no such thing as a false gospel of grace. The gospel is full of grace. However, there is a false gospel of licentiousness or license.

absolutely there is a false " gospel of grace"

anything that teaches contrary to the gospel preached by Jesus , is a false gospel . Prop ably the most popular in the world right now , uses the name " gospel of grace" what they do , is explain how Jesus teachings don't apply to Christians because of grace. They teach God will never punish you for sin , they teach " Jesus took the punishment for your sin, so you don't need to confess your sin, but in fact to acknowledge confess your sin is " an evil conscience."

they teach no matter what you do your saved, you can " never lose your salvation" they teach " good works and grace are contrary , if you think you need to repent of sin and obey Gods word,my ou are under " the law" , they explain how Jesus , re taught the mosaic law in order to condemn everyone , then forgive everyone .....they teach you must look through the special " grace lense" and cut out any condition made by Jesus Christ upon salvation....

they will teach " only Paul is who we are supposed to hear and obey , they don't realize all Paul says of sin , repentance and losing the inheritance of eternal life based on us , continuing in the actions which put Jesus Christ to shame and agony.

the gospel , doesn't exist outside of the things Jesus taught his followers . We can discuss and debate , " the gospel is just the cross" the gospel is " just grace alone " the gospel "isn't what Jesus said it was" on and on but eternal life is in his words , his words make it clear , to continue on in sin, will lead to certain death. There is no gospel that says " forget the words of Jesus Christ , we don't need to accept them"

you see a false gospel has no choice but to reject this kind of thing which is rough out the New Testament

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Therefore
    whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.”
    **Matthew‬ *7:21-27‬ *KJV‬‬

that is the bottom line of the gospel it's where eternal life comes from and exists , it's why were called fully to abide in his doctrine ....it's why the apostles make so many clear statements like this

Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.”

all we have to do is hear and accept the teachings of Jesus Christ , accepting his death and resurrection is an equal part , but his teachings are life.

it's not the law of Moses but the law of the spirit of life .

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.”
    **John‬ *6:63‬ *KJV‬‬

while rejection of his words

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.”
    **John‬ *12:48-50‬ *KJV‬‬

as far as continuing in sin goes I think people should read much more of Paul

“Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no man deceive you with vain words:

for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Be not ye therefore partakers with them.”
    **Ephesians‬ *5:1-7‬ *KJV‬‬

“Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.”
    **Galatians‬ *5:19-21‬ *KJV‬‬

“Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry: For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:”
    **Colossians‬ *3:5-6‬ *KJV‬‬

The false gospel of grace eliminates every condition made in the gospel , in favor of we stern definition of the word " grace" there is surely a terrible false gospel of grace operating to the destruction of many

**2 John‬ *1:9-11‬ *KJV‬‬

There is no such thing as a false gospel of grace. The gospel is full of grace. However, there is a false gospel of licentiousness or license.

anything that teaches contrary to the gospel preached by Jesus , is a false gospel . Prop ably the most popular in the world right now , uses the name " gospel of grace" what they do , is explain how Jesus teachings don't apply to Christians because of grace. They teach God will never punish you for sin , they teach " Jesus took the punishment for your sin, so you don't need to confess your sin, but in fact to acknowledge confess your sin is " an evil conscience."

they teach no matter what you do your saved, you can " never lose your salvation" they teach " good works and grace are contrary , if you think you need to repent of sin and obey Gods word,my ou are under " the law" , they explain how Jesus , re taught the mosaic law in order to condemn everyone , then forgive everyone .....they teach you must look through the special " grace lense" and cut out any condition made by Jesus Christ upon salvation....

they will teach " only Paul is who we are supposed to hear and obey , they don't realize all Paul says of sin , repentance and losing the inheritance of eternal life based on us , continuing in the actions which put Jesus Christ to shame and agony.

the gospel , doesn't exist outside of the things Jesus taught his followers . We can discuss and debate , " the gospel is just the cross" the gospel is " just grace alone " the gospel "isn't what Jesus said it was" on and on but eternal life is in his words , his words make it clear , to continue on in sin, will lead to certain death. There is no gospel that says " forget the words of Jesus Christ , we don't need to accept them"

you see a false gospel has no choice but to reject this kind of thing which is rough out the New Testament

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Therefore
    whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.”

that is the bottom line of the gospel it's where eternal life comes from and exists , it's why were called fully to abide in his doctrine ....it's why the apostles make so many clear statements like this

Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.”

all we have to do is hear and accept the teachings of Jesus Christ , accepting his death and resurrection is an equal part , but his teachings are life.

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.”

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.”

“Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no man deceive you with vain words:

for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Be not ye therefore partakers with them.”

“Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.”

“Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry: For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:”

The false gospel of grace eliminates every condition made in the gospel , in favor of we stern definition of the word " grace" there is surely a terrible false gospel of grace operating to the destruction of many

Quote Originally Posted by Follower1977 View Post
    Then it is not a gospel of grace. That's like saying there's a false gospel of Jesus. The only way that statement is true is if the Jesus presented, is not the real Jesus. And if it is not the real Jesus, then it is not a gospel of Jesus. As believers, let us not use biblical words to call something false. It is too confusing to the body, IMO.

There is no false gospel of true grace. If it is not true grace, then it is not a gospel of grace.

As I said, there's a false gospel of license. But that's not grace. It something else entirely.

Then it is not a gospel of grace. That's like saying there's a false gospel of Jesus. The only way that statement is true is if the Jesus presented, is not the real Jesus. And if it is not the real Jesus, then it is not a gospel of Jesus. As believers, let us not use biblical words to call something false. It is too confusing to the body, IMO.

There is no false gospel of true grace. If it is not true grace, then it is not a gospel of grace.

As I said, there's a false gospel of license. But that's not grace. It something else entirely.
    Amen, a false gospel is no gospel at all. A lie is not good news, in fact it's bad news.

the issue is though it's what people know as the gospel of grace, like the op is sort of getting at. It's a terrible deception because these days people just accept what they are told . It's definitely a "false " gospel of grace , the grace they teach is false , the gospel they teach is false of mans imaginations.

Paul calls the gospel , the gospel of grace, the gospel of truth , the gospel of the kingdom of God, the gospel of hope, the gospel , the gospel of the kingdom, the gospel of Jesus Christ, the gospel of God concerning his son......

what makes a false grace teacher does is begin saying " grace " means unwarranted favor" ......then they use that for a foundation , in order to say well Jesus said we must repent lest we die ....buuuut that's not grace, so that's not for you . Or " Jesus said you must abide in my words "....but that's a requirement of you , so that's not grace it's works and you've fallen from grace" ....the entire doctrine is built for the purpose of doing this to people

this is the truth

“And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.”
    **Genesis‬ *2:16-17‬ *KJV‬‬

This is what false gospels do

“Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

and what happens to those who hear and accept it...

And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden.

And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.”
    **Genesis‬ *3:1-6, 8, 10‬ *KJV‬‬

you see what I mean? Satan was preaching a false grace to those who listen , and though the promise sounds wonderful, and to your benefit , he has withheld the consequence which God made very clear.....it's no different now God has spoken , and the serpent still speaks but he is subtle and clever , he doesn't say " let's all rebel and ignore the gospel that saves people " he takes what God has said , twists it , uses partial truths , and the result is a lie that will surely bring death

Because we're sinners by nature , if we don't hear the word about sin and death, about judgement , about answering for all we do at judgement , about repentance and righteousness .....we will see in a deception like Adam and Eve did , what led them astray was false knowledge , that's what made them see that the fruit , which Gid had said is deadly , was actually good for food and good for gaining wisdom....it works the same way for us with sin.

Paul says so much like this

“Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.”
    **2 Timothy‬ *2:19‬ *KJV‬‬

and

but then subtlty comes along and says ....no, no look it's grace

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
    **Ephesians‬ *2:8-9‬ *KJV‬‬

so then the argument begins as if both of those things aren't true , they are both very true , the gospel is both Grace , and truth . It's not just grace, nor is it just truth , but grace and truth work together , so while we recognize our sin, we aren't condemned , but also were given truth that leads to repentance , through Gods grace which gives forebearance while we repent . Under the law an adulterer is dead, liars are cut off, covetous people are disowned , ect...but because of Grace we can acknowledge our sins and not be cut off, while we accept and follow Gods call to repentance through his word working in us . Grace teaches this or it isn't Gods grace

“For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.”
    **Titus‬ *2:11-15‬ *KJV‬‬

somewhere along the line men got together and decided all that " repent and live right stuff,....all that hellfire and brimstone stuff is useless because we have grace......yet Jesus preached it right along side the grace in the gospel because those things are part of what brings us sinners to the need for repentance . If we believe we don't really need to change our ways , we never will if we believe , we better repent and do the right things according to Jesus Christ , we will because of faith .

if my faith tells me " I don't need to repent and do good" it's not faith in Christ . However if I'm following him and find I'm not perfect and far from it .....I have grace , I don't need to think " well I'm disqualified now, I'm worthless I'm lost.....because we have all of the grace in scripture all the assurance and forgiveness .....but when we're full on those things , we need meat like " repent , you can't keep going on in sin or you will die ....ect

there's a balance that works together with the entire gospel his life death blood suffering miracles , forgiveness gapraciousness and truth in his words the gospel is not the gospel of grace alone nothing else applies but it is the gospel of grace and truth that redeems us by faith if we will accept the words , of our Lord <<<<< he will do the rest through faith . But if we reject his word , we will become unfruitful in our growth and become in danger of falling away unless we repent.

we always have grace so that we can always repent, the law condemned and executed people like all of us. Jesus is here to save us sinners , through redeeming our minds and hearts and giving us the circumcision of sin from the heart

Because we're sinners by nature , if we don't hear the word about sin and death, about judgement , about answering for all we do at judgement , about repentance and righteousness .....we will see in a deception like Adam and Eve did , what led them astray was false knowledge , that's what made them see that the fruit , which Gid had said is deadly , was actually good for food and good for gaining wisdom....it works the same way for us with sin.

Paul says so much like this

“Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.”
    **2 Timothy‬ *2:19‬ *KJV‬‬

and

but then subtlty comes along and says ....no, no look it's grace

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
    **Ephesians‬ *2:8-9‬ *KJV‬‬

so then the argument begins as if both of those things aren't true , they are both very true , the gospel is both Grace , and truth . It's not just grace, nor is it just truth , but grace and truth work together , so while we recognize our sin, we aren't condemned , but also were given truth that leads to repentance , through Gods grace which gives forebearance while we repent . Under the law an adulterer is dead, liars are cut off, covetous people are disowned , ect...but because of Grace we can acknowledge our sins and not be cut off, while we accept and follow Gods call to repentance through his word working in us . Grace teaches this or it isn't Gods grace

“For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.”
    **Titus‬ *2:11-15‬ *KJV‬‬

somewhere along the line men got together and decided all that " repent and live right stuff,....all that hellfire and brimstone stuff is useless because we have grace......yet Jesus preached it right along side the grace in the gospel because those things are part of what brings us sinners to the need for repentance . If we believe we don't really need to change our ways , we never will if we believe , we better repent and do the right things according to Jesus Christ , we will because of faith .

if my faith tells me " I don't need to repent and do good" it's not faith in Christ . However if I'm following him and find I'm not perfect and far from it .....I have grace , I don't need to think " well I'm disqualified now, I'm worthless I'm lost.....because we have all of the grace in scripture all the assurance and forgiveness .....but when we're full on those things , we need meat like " repent , you can't keep going on in sin or you will die ....ect

there's a balance that works together with the entire gospel his life death blood suffering miracles , forgiveness gapraciousness and truth in his words the gospel is not the gospel of grace alone nothing else applies but it is the gospel of grace and truth that redeems us by faith if we will accept the words , of our Lord <<<<< he will do the rest through faith . But if we reject his word , we will become unfruitful in our growth and become in danger of falling away unless we repent.

we always have grace so that we can always repent, the law condemned and executed people like all of us. Jesus is here to save us sinners , through redeeming our minds and hearts and giving us the circumcision of sin from the heart

the issue is though it's what people know as the gospel of grace, like the op is sort of getting at. It's a terrible deception because these days people just accept what they are told . It's definitely a "false " gospel of grace , the grace they teach is false , the gospel they teach is false of mans imaginations.
    No. We should teach the true gospel of grace. Then they will know what is being taught is a false gospel of license. Teach what grace is and dump the term "false gospel of grace". The enemy full well knows the power and importance of words, and thus wishes to change their meaning. It is up to us to make sure the meanings of the words are taught rightly.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

It is up to us to make sure the meanings of the words are taught rightly.
    Along with teaching the true Jesus who is eternal, not created.
    Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Blog Entries

IMO there is only one gospel of grace, but interpreted differently by believers and nonbelievers. Someone who has not been saved will view grace as a license for sin, whereas one who has been truly indwelled by the Holy Spirit will never desire to abuse their freedom in Christ. Both will continue to live in sinful bodies; but God will save the believer from his/hers in the resurrection, whereas the unbeliever will perish.

What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God, through Jesus Christ our Lord! (Romans 7)

I hope that's what is meant by the OP, and it isn't a setup for sinless perfectionism.

Blog Entries

Therefore

Therefore

Follower1977, your postings are hardly to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pbminimum View Post
    Amen, a false gospel is no gospel at all. A lie is not good news, in fact it's bad news.
    Amen and well said!

Quote Originally Posted by Pbminimum View Post
    Amen and well said!
    Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

No. We should teach the true gospel of grace. Then they will know what is being taught is a false gospel of license. Teach what grace is and dump the term "false gospel of grace". The enemy full well knows the power and importance of words, and thus wishes to change their meaning. It is up to us to make sure the meanings of the words are taught rightly.

It's a different , alternate gospel , which omits the actual gospel ....it's a clever lie , false . Nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade . If it teaches contrary to the truth lol it's false . There's a lot of this type of stuff to consider , it was written about 1900 years ago, to the church

“But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.”
    **2 Peter‬ *2:1-2‬ *KJV‬‬

mostly this um let's call it " alternate gospel of grace" comes because of this which already was a issue then and this particular doctrine , is based on the belief that Paul's epistles are the gospel , rather than the four accounts of the gospel...

“And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness. But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.”
    **2 Peter‬ *3:15-18‬ *KJV‬‬

Lots of warnings In there , false doctrine , actual false doctrine like this g.o.g. Is bad news for believers. Ops like the one here is just a good solid warning about the " false gospel of grace", as he chose to state it . It used to be called hypergrace...and extreme grace .......and actually I think I read something in the forum rules about it also....

anyways , sorry to interrupt bro , God bless hope to talk again some day

The same word "longsuffering" used in your verse (2Pet3:15) is also used in 1 Peter 3:20 -

"20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering [G3115 - makrothymia] of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water."

We cannot separate God's grace from the gospel:

Acts 20:24 - But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.

Ephesians 3:1 - For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for you Gentiles— 2 if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you, 3 how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already, 4 by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ), 5 which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets: 6 that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel, 7 of which I became a minister according to the gift of the grace of God given to me by the effective working of His power.

Philippians 1:7 - just as it is right for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart, inasmuch as both in my chains and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel, you all are partakers with me of grace.

We need to BEWARE of those who try to pervert the gospel of grace!

Galatians 1:6 - I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, 7 which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.

2 Corinthians 4:3 - But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: 4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

We cannot separate God's grace from the gospel:

Acts 20:24 - But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.

Ephesians 3:1 - For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for you Gentiles— 2 if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you, 3 how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already, 4 by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ), 5 which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets: 6 that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel, 7 of which I became a minister according to the gift of the grace of God given to me by the effective working of His power.

Philippians 1:7 - just as it is right for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart, inasmuch as both in my chains and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel, you all are partakers with me of grace.

We need to BEWARE of those who try to pervert the gospel of grace!

Galatians 1:6 - I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, 7 which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.

2 Corinthians 4:3 - But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: 4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
    Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

It's a different , alternate gospel , which omits the actual gospel ....it's a clever lie , false . Nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade . If it teaches contrary to the truth lol it's false.
    I don't disagree with you brother. However, as Brother Dan above stated, we cannot separate grace from the gospel. We need to be very careful saying something like "the false gospel of grace". Jesus warned us against false Christs. Does that mean we would say beware of the "false gospel of Jesus"? No indeed! Rather, we should say something like "the false gospel of false grace".

To suggest that there is a "false gospel of grace" leaves the word false modifying the word gospel, but no word modifying grace. I know I am being picky over words here, but when it comes to the true gospel of Jesus, words are very, very, very important.

We cannot, and must not separate grace from the gospel. Nor should we suggest that a gospel of grace is false. It cannot be! Now the enemy can endeaver to redefine the word "grace" and we should not allow it to be so by using his language. No more than we would use marriage to speak of a relationship between 2 men. For we know that is not marriage, but rather an attempt by the enemy to redefine what marriage is. In the same way, let us not abuse the word grace in such a way. It is far to important a word to give it over to such meaning.

Other than this one thing, I mostly agree with you about the gospel. Though I would say there is no such thing as "extreme grace" as a negative either. All grace, every ounce of it, every bit of it is extreme!

What we should speak against though is the concept of license. Paul taught us this. When he taught about grace, he taught it in such a way that he had to say "shall we continue in sin that grace may increase? God forbid!". He was against license and so should we be. And anyone that knows the Father's heart will also know that He spanks His children and fear of spankings should keep us from sin as well.

God bless!

Thread Information