View Poll Results: Experiencing God's supernatural power

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Have not experienced any manifestation of God's supernatural power

    1 5.00%
  • I have experienced - Word of Wisdom

    12 60.00%
  • I have experienced - Word of Knowledge

    13 65.00%
  • I have experienced - Gift of Faith

    10 50.00%
  • I have experienced - Gift of Healing

    10 50.00%
  • I have experienced - A Miracle

    10 50.00%
  • I have experienced - A Prophetic Word

    12 60.00%
  • I have experienced - Gift of Discernment of Spirits

    10 50.00%
  • I have experienced - Gift of Different KindS of Tongues

    8 40.00%
  • I have experienced - Gift of Interpretation of Tongues

    5 25.00%
  • I have experienced - Casting out of a demon

    6 30.00%
  • I have experienced - Divine protection from poison

    5 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29

Thread: Poll - Experience of God's supernatural power

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    7,547

    Re: Poll - Experience of God's supernatural power

    Recently during prayer time at our church, I approached a lady who'd come forward for prayer and felt inspired to smack both her hands and say, "There's healing in your hands." Without hesitation, I did so and moved on. I had no idea at the time why I was to do and say the things I did. I assumed it meant she would lay hands on people and pray for them to be healed. A couple of days later she contacted me and told me she'd been in severe pain in her hands and came forward for healing. She said when I smacked her hands (she said very hard) all of the pain instantly left them and never returned.

    The key is when you're in the Spirit -- just obey.

    Recently during prayer time at our church, I approached a lady who'd come forward for prayer and felt inspired to smack both her hands and say, "There's healing in your hands." Without hesitation, I did so and moved on. I had no idea at the time why I was to do and say the things I did. I assumed it meant she would lay hands on people and pray for them to be healed. A couple of days later she contacted me and told me she'd been in severe pain in her hands and came forward for healing. She said when I smacked her hands (she said very hard) all of the pain instantly left them and never returned.

    The key is when you're in the Spirit -- just obey.
    Some people don't mind contradicting themselves as long as they can keep disagreeing with you...

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Pacific NW, USA
    Posts
    11,183

    Re: Poll - Experience of God's supernatural power

    Quote Originally Posted by ChangedByHim View Post
    Recently during prayer time at our church, I approached a lady who'd come forward for prayer and felt inspired to smack both her hands and say, "There's healing in your hands." Without hesitation, I did so and moved on. I had no idea at the time why I was to do and say the things I did. I assumed it meant she would lay hands on people and pray for them to be healed. A couple of days later she contacted me and told me she'd been in severe pain in her hands and came forward for healing. She said when I smacked her hands (she said very hard) all of the pain instantly left them and never returned.

    The key is when you're in the Spirit -- just obey.
    Wow. Great testimony. Sounds like what we Pentecostals call, "the word of knowledge?" Even if you have not experienced this gift, as a Christian, it is normal, I think, for Christians to be able to see through the camouflage of the world, exposing motivations, at times. We should use our gifts of "knowledge" to bring help, but not to humiliate, right. Healing is a wonderful way to show that!

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    7,547

    Re: Poll - Experience of God's supernatural power

    Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    Wow. Great testimony. Sounds like what we Pentecostals call, "the word of knowledge?" Even if you have not experienced this gift, as a Christian, it is normal, I think, for Christians to be able to see through the camouflage of the world, exposing motivations, at times. We should use our gifts of "knowledge" to bring help, but not to humiliate, right. Healing is a wonderful way to show that!
    Indeed the word of knowledge. It’s the most prominent gift that the Lord uses through me, as the Spirit wills.

    Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    Wow. Great testimony. Sounds like what we Pentecostals call, "the word of knowledge?" Even if you have not experienced this gift, as a Christian, it is normal, I think, for Christians to be able to see through the camouflage of the world, exposing motivations, at times. We should use our gifts of "knowledge" to bring help, but not to humiliate, right. Healing is a wonderful way to show that!
    Indeed the word of knowledge. It’s the most prominent gift that the Lord uses through me, as the Spirit wills.
    Some people don't mind contradicting themselves as long as they can keep disagreeing with you...

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Posts
    31,668
    Blog Entries
    95

    Re: Poll - Experience of God's supernatural power



    Slug1--out

    ~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

    ~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

    ~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~


    ~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~


  5. #20

    Re: Poll - Experience of God's supernatural power

    Excellent story Slug1! We even got a great new song out of it!


    Jesus Himself said He would cast of demons and perform cures for 2000 years, which includes today. The Millennium will complete His work.

    Luke 13:32
    And He said to them, “Go, tell that fox, ‘Behold, I cast out demons and perform cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.’

    Most assume Jesus was talking about His crucifixion and resurrection. However, He said this more than a week before those things took place. Not today, tomorrow, etc. He told us when He will return and what He will do in the mean time, cast of demons and perform cures. These things are done everyday and have become almost normal. There is POWER in His name, which is daily accessed according to our faith.


    If you want a visitation from Jesus and God's supernatural power, get His attention. Jesus marveled at only two things in the gospels, great faith and the great lack of faith. Do the former and He will show up on time, every time. Jesus is profoundly bored by the lack of faith. Many still reject Genesis 1 and believe the earth is millions/billions of years old for example. Rejecting God's word will cause Him to look elsewhere for someone to follow Him. Instead, decide to believe whether you understand or not. Faith is like a magnet for Jesus and He will give you understanding according to your faith. He still loves to teach and do great miracles. However, as so many prove daily, Jesus is a master at hiding Himself from the faithless.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Pacific NW, USA
    Posts
    11,183

    Re: Poll - Experience of God's supernatural power

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
    Excellent story Slug1! We even got a great new song out of it!


    Jesus Himself said He would cast of demons and perform cures for 2000 years, which includes today. The Millennium will complete His work.

    Luke 13:32
    And He said to them, “Go, tell that fox, ‘Behold, I cast out demons and perform cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.’

    Most assume Jesus was talking about His crucifixion and resurrection. However, He said this more than a week before those things took place. Not today, tomorrow, etc. He told us when He will return and what He will do in the mean time, cast of demons and perform cures. These things are done everyday and have become almost normal. There is POWER in His name, which is daily accessed according to our faith.


    If you want a visitation from Jesus and God's supernatural power, get His attention. Jesus marveled at only two things in the gospels, great faith and the great lack of faith. Do the former and He will show up on time, every time. Jesus is profoundly bored by the lack of faith. Many still reject Genesis 1 and believe the earth is millions/billions of years old for example. Rejecting God's word will cause Him to look elsewhere for someone to follow Him. Instead, decide to believe whether you understand or not. Faith is like a magnet for Jesus and He will give you understanding according to your faith. He still loves to teach and do great miracles. However, as so many prove daily, Jesus is a master at hiding Himself from the faithless.
    I also believe there are counterfeit miracles, counterfeit revivals, and counterfeit faith. And I don't believe that viewing the earth as old has anything to do with denying faith and truth. On the contrary, it is part of an honest pursuit of truth.

    God doesn't tell us everything, and sometimes actually encourages us to pursue truth in our own way. We are children who God wants to *grow up.* He doesn't want to do all the thinking for us. But He does want to guide us in His love. If we need wisdom, we need only to ask, and to learn patience as we trust in Him.

    I've gone to Pentecostal churches for a long time now, and I'm quite disenchanted with much that I've seen. Faith Doctrine has been nothing but a big lie, to me. Prophecies are often messages born of personal vendettas. Pastors, boards, and elders have used the "leading of the Spirit" as an excuse to keep others out of the loop, who they proclaim are "trouble-makers."

    I'm strongly against faking spiritual phenomena. True miracles are self-evident. True healings are self-evident. True prophecies should correspond to Scriptural truth. We need to focus on the character of Christ, and then let the Spirit of God determine if He wants to produce confirming signs and wonders. I'm not out to produce miracles and healings. Rather, I'm out to proclaim the word of Christ. It is self-confirming.

    I believe in transparency brother, and I also believe in God's love. We need to listen to each other, and to be willing to tackle difficult subjects. That's one reason I'm here on a forum like this.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Posts
    31,668
    Blog Entries
    95

    Re: Poll - Experience of God's supernatural power

    Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    I also believe there are counterfeit miracles, counterfeit revivals, and counterfeit faith. And I don't believe that viewing the earth as old has anything to do with denying faith and truth. On the contrary, it is part of an honest pursuit of truth.

    God doesn't tell us everything, and sometimes actually encourages us to pursue truth in our own way. We are children who God wants to *grow up.* He doesn't want to do all the thinking for us. But He does want to guide us in His love. If we need wisdom, we need only to ask, and to learn patience as we trust in Him.

    I've gone to Pentecostal churches for a long time now, and I'm quite disenchanted with much that I've seen. Faith Doctrine has been nothing but a big lie, to me. Prophecies are often messages born of personal vendettas. Pastors, boards, and elders have used the "leading of the Spirit" as an excuse to keep others out of the loop, who they proclaim are "trouble-makers."

    I'm strongly against faking spiritual phenomena. True miracles are self-evident. True healings are self-evident. True prophecies should correspond to Scriptural truth. We need to focus on the character of Christ, and then let the Spirit of God determine if He wants to produce confirming signs and wonders. I'm not out to produce miracles and healings. Rather, I'm out to proclaim the word of Christ. It is self-confirming.

    I believe in transparency brother, and I also believe in God's love. We need to listen to each other, and to be willing to tackle difficult subjects. That's one reason I'm here on a forum like this.
    Maybe we should start a new thread/poll dealing with false/counterfeit/imitation signs/wonder/miracles
    Slug1--out

    ~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

    ~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

    ~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~


    ~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~


  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Oklahoma - USA
    Posts
    597

    Cool Re: Poll - Experience of God's supernatural power

    Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    Maybe we should start a new thread/poll dealing with false/counterfeit/imitation signs/wonder/miracles
    That wouldn't show or demonstrate any glory for God, why bother with it?


    John 15:17 "These things I command you, that ye love one another."

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Pacific NW, USA
    Posts
    11,183

    Re: Poll - Experience of God's supernatural power

    Quote Originally Posted by Deade View Post
    That wouldn't show or demonstrate any glory for God, why bother with it?


    You're wrong. The Bible contains false prophets and counterfeit miracles. Jesus said we are to be "alert" to deceivers. It's all part of the Bible, brother.

    I do think we can focus too much on the negative side of things sometimes. That part is about maintaining a balance.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    12,006

    Re: Poll - Experience of God's supernatural power

    Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    Maybe we should start a new thread/poll dealing with false/counterfeit/imitation signs/wonder/miracles
    No. That's something that can only be determined in the moment and cannot be communicated on the internet.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Posts
    31,668
    Blog Entries
    95

    Re: Poll - Experience of God's supernatural power

    Quote Originally Posted by Noeb View Post
    No. That's something that can only be determined in the moment and cannot be communicated on the internet.
    Completely understand and agree. Discernment is most effective in the actual "presence" of any spirit.

    However, "testimony" of discernment experience(s), can be helpful.
    Slug1--out

    ~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

    ~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

    ~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~


    ~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~


  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Oklahoma - USA
    Posts
    597

    Cool Re: Poll - Experience of God's supernatural power

    Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    You're wrong. The Bible contains false prophets and counterfeit miracles. Jesus said we are to be "alert" to deceivers. It's all part of the Bible, brother.

    I do think we can focus too much on the negative side of things sometimes. That part is about maintaining a balance.
    What do you suppose God would do if it was really Him doing something that just appeared wrong and we call it false? That, I believe, is what Paul was addressing here: 1 Thess. 5:20 "Despise not prophesyings." I wouldn't want to get caught up in that!
    John 15:17 "These things I command you, that ye love one another."

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Pacific NW, USA
    Posts
    11,183

    Re: Poll - Experience of God's supernatural power

    Quote Originally Posted by Deade View Post
    What do you suppose God would do if it was really Him doing something that just appeared wrong and we call it false? That, I believe, is what Paul was addressing here: 1 Thess. 5:20 "Despise not prophesyings." I wouldn't want to get caught up in that!
    The question was: "Maybe we should start a new thread/poll dealing with false/counterfeit/imitation signs/wonder/miracles?"

    I think it is critical that we identify False Prophets and False Christs because Jesus said so. The Scriptures regularly warn us to identify and to avoid deceptions and counterfeits. Why would you want to ignore that?

    But your current point, that we should not misdiagnose spiritual phenomena and prohibit it is fine by me. That's entirely Scriptural, and a valid point.

    The way we know what is true is precisely by addressing both the genuine article and the counterfeit. This just substantiates my point, that these things need to be addressed.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Posts
    31,668
    Blog Entries
    95

    Re: Poll - Experience of God's supernatural power

    Quote Originally Posted by Deade View Post
    What do you suppose God would do if it was really Him doing something that just appeared wrong and we call it false? That, I believe, is what Paul was addressing here: 1 Thess. 5:20 "Despise not prophesyings." I wouldn't want to get caught up in that!
    Your response here is dealing with the "discerning" of spirits through one's bias, be it what a church or denomination teaches, or ones personal experience (usually limited BY a churches/denom's teachings).

    In other words, when God moves, said church/demon doesn't recognize such movement because point blank, their teachings limits THEM from recognizing God. When God does something OUTSIDE their box, it's not accepted/not allowed in the box, they don't recognize God, they say... NOT God.
    Slug1--out

    ~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

    ~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

    ~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~


    ~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. A Supernatural Experience with Jesus (update)
    By notforgotten in forum Testimonies
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Nov 16th 2013, 02:30 PM
  2. Thank God for being supernatural
    By Protective Angel in forum Testimonies
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jun 27th 2013, 03:56 AM
  3. A Supernatural Experience wiyh Jesus
    By notforgotten in forum Testimonies
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 12th 2013, 04:04 AM
  4. Replies: 69
    Last Post: Aug 2nd 2010, 01:22 AM
  5. Jesus Supernatural Ship Transportation (POWER)
    By Bladers in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Dec 16th 2008, 05:57 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •