• I have experienced - Casting out of a demon

6 30.00%
  • I have experienced - Divine protection from poison

5 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poll - Experience of God's supernatural power

Re: Poll - Experience of God's supernatural power

Recently during prayer time at our church, I approached a lady who'd come forward for prayer and felt inspired to smack both her hands and say, "There's healing in your hands." Without hesitation, I did so and moved on. I had no idea at the time why I was to do and say the things I did. I assumed it meant she would lay hands on people and pray for them to be healed. A couple of days later she contacted me and told me she'd been in severe pain in her hands and came forward for healing. She said when I smacked her hands (she said very hard) all of the pain instantly left them and never returned.

The key is when you're in the Spirit -- just obey.

Recently during prayer time at our church, I approached a lady who'd come forward for prayer and felt inspired to smack both her hands and say, "There's healing in your hands." Without hesitation, I did so and moved on. I had no idea at the time why I was to do and say the things I did. I assumed it meant she would lay hands on people and pray for them to be healed. A couple of days later she contacted me and told me she'd been in severe pain in her hands and came forward for healing. She said when I smacked her hands (she said very hard) all of the pain instantly left them and never returned.

Some people don't mind contradicting themselves as long as they can keep disagreeing with you...

Quote Originally Posted by ChangedByHim View Post

Wow. Great testimony. Sounds like what we Pentecostals call, "the word of knowledge?" Even if you have not experienced this gift, as a Christian, it is normal, I think, for Christians to be able to see through the camouflage of the world, exposing motivations, at times. We should use our gifts of "knowledge" to bring help, but not to humiliate, right. Healing is a wonderful way to show that!

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    Wow. Great testimony. Sounds like what we Pentecostals call, "the word of knowledge?" Even if you have not experienced this gift, as a Christian, it is normal, I think, for Christians to be able to see through the camouflage of the world, exposing motivations, at times. We should use our gifts of "knowledge" to bring help, but not to humiliate, right. Healing is a wonderful way to show that!
    Indeed the word of knowledge. It’s the most prominent gift that the Lord uses through me, as the Spirit wills.

Indeed the word of knowledge. It’s the most prominent gift that the Lord uses through me, as the Spirit wills.
    Some people don't mind contradicting themselves as long as they can keep disagreeing with you...

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Excellent story Slug1! We even got a great new song out of it!

Jesus Himself said He would cast of demons and perform cures for 2000 years, which includes today. The Millennium will complete His work.

Luke 13:32
    And He said to them, “Go, tell that fox, ‘Behold, I cast out demons and perform cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.’

Most assume Jesus was talking about His crucifixion and resurrection. However, He said this more than a week before those things took place. Not today, tomorrow, etc. He told us when He will return and what He will do in the mean time, cast of demons and perform cures. These things are done everyday and have become almost normal. There is POWER in His name, which is daily accessed according to our faith.

If you want a visitation from Jesus and God's supernatural power, get His attention. Jesus marveled at only two things in the gospels, great faith and the great lack of faith. Do the former and He will show up on time, every time. Jesus is profoundly bored by the lack of faith. Many still reject Genesis 1 and believe the earth is millions/billions of years old for example. Rejecting God's word will cause Him to look elsewhere for someone to follow Him. Instead, decide to believe whether you understand or not. Faith is like a magnet for Jesus and He will give you understanding according to your faith. He still loves to teach and do great miracles. However, as so many prove daily, Jesus is a master at hiding Himself from the faithless.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
    Excellent story Slug1! We even got a great new song out of it!

Jesus Himself said He would cast of demons and perform cures for 2000 years, which includes today. The Millennium will complete His work.

Luke 13:32
    And He said to them, “Go, tell that fox, ‘Behold, I cast out demons and perform cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.’

Most assume Jesus was talking about His crucifixion and resurrection. However, He said this more than a week before those things took place. Not today, tomorrow, etc. He told us when He will return and what He will do in the mean time, cast of demons and perform cures. These things are done everyday and have become almost normal. There is POWER in His name, which is daily accessed according to our faith.

If you want a visitation from Jesus and God's supernatural power, get His attention. Jesus marveled at only two things in the gospels, great faith and the great lack of faith. Do the former and He will show up on time, every time. Jesus is profoundly bored by the lack of faith. Many still reject Genesis 1 and believe the earth is millions/billions of years old for example. Rejecting God's word will cause Him to look elsewhere for someone to follow Him. Instead, decide to believe whether you understand or not. Faith is like a magnet for Jesus and He will give you understanding according to your faith. He still loves to teach and do great miracles. However, as so many prove daily, Jesus is a master at hiding Himself from the faithless.
    I also believe there are counterfeit miracles, counterfeit revivals, and counterfeit faith. And I don't believe that viewing the earth as old has anything to do with denying faith and truth. On the contrary, it is part of an honest pursuit of truth.

God doesn't tell us everything, and sometimes actually encourages us to pursue truth in our own way. We are children who God wants to *grow up.* He doesn't want to do all the thinking for us. But He does want to guide us in His love. If we need wisdom, we need only to ask, and to learn patience as we trust in Him.

I've gone to Pentecostal churches for a long time now, and I'm quite disenchanted with much that I've seen. Faith Doctrine has been nothing but a big lie, to me. Prophecies are often messages born of personal vendettas. Pastors, boards, and elders have used the "leading of the Spirit" as an excuse to keep others out of the loop, who they proclaim are "trouble-makers."

I'm strongly against faking spiritual phenomena. True miracles are self-evident. True healings are self-evident. True prophecies should correspond to Scriptural truth. We need to focus on the character of Christ, and then let the Spirit of God determine if He wants to produce confirming signs and wonders. I'm not out to produce miracles and healings. Rather, I'm out to proclaim the word of Christ. It is self-confirming.

I believe in transparency brother, and I also believe in God's love. We need to listen to each other, and to be willing to tackle difficult subjects. That's one reason I'm here on a forum like this.

Blog Entries

I also believe there are counterfeit miracles, counterfeit revivals, and counterfeit faith. And I don't believe that viewing the earth as old has anything to do with denying faith and truth. On the contrary, it is part of an honest pursuit of truth.

God doesn't tell us everything, and sometimes actually encourages us to pursue truth in our own way. We are children who God wants to *grow up.* He doesn't want to do all the thinking for us. But He does want to guide us in His love. If we need wisdom, we need only to ask, and to learn patience as we trust in Him.

I've gone to Pentecostal churches for a long time now, and I'm quite disenchanted with much that I've seen. Faith Doctrine has been nothing but a big lie, to me. Prophecies are often messages born of personal vendettas. Pastors, boards, and elders have used the "leading of the Spirit" as an excuse to keep others out of the loop, who they proclaim are "trouble-makers."

I'm strongly against faking spiritual phenomena. True miracles are self-evident. True healings are self-evident. True prophecies should correspond to Scriptural truth. We need to focus on the character of Christ, and then let the Spirit of God determine if He wants to produce confirming signs and wonders. I'm not out to produce miracles and healings. Rather, I'm out to proclaim the word of Christ. It is self-confirming.

I believe in transparency brother, and I also believe in God's love. We need to listen to each other, and to be willing to tackle difficult subjects. That's one reason I'm here on a forum like this.
    Maybe we should start a new thread/poll dealing with false/counterfeit/imitation signs/wonder/miracles
    Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Cool Re: Poll - Experience of God's supernatural power

Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    Maybe we should start a new thread/poll dealing with false/counterfeit/imitation signs/wonder/miracles
    That wouldn't show or demonstrate any glory for God, why bother with it?

John 15:17 "These things I command you, that ye love one another."

Quote Originally Posted by Deade View Post
    That wouldn't show or demonstrate any glory for God, why bother with it?

You're wrong. The Bible contains false prophets and counterfeit miracles. Jesus said we are to be "alert" to deceivers. It's all part of the Bible, brother.

I do think we can focus too much on the negative side of things sometimes. That part is about maintaining a balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    No. That's something that can only be determined in the moment and cannot be communicated on the internet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Noeb View Post
    No. That's something that can only be determined in the moment and cannot be communicated on the internet.
    Completely understand and agree. Discernment is most effective in the actual "presence" of any spirit.

However, "testimony" of discernment experience(s), can be helpful.
    Slug1--out

Cool Re: Poll - Experience of God's supernatural power

You're wrong. The Bible contains false prophets and counterfeit miracles. Jesus said we are to be "alert" to deceivers. It's all part of the Bible, brother.

I do think we can focus too much on the negative side of things sometimes. That part is about maintaining a balance.
    What do you suppose God would do if it was really Him doing something that just appeared wrong and we call it false? That, I believe, is what Paul was addressing here: 1 Thess. 5:20 "Despise not prophesyings." I wouldn't want to get caught up in that!
    John 15:17 "These things I command you, that ye love one another."

What do you suppose God would do if it was really Him doing something that just appeared wrong and we call it false? That, I believe, is what Paul was addressing here: 1 Thess. 5:20 "Despise not prophesyings." I wouldn't want to get caught up in that!
    The question was: "Maybe we should start a new thread/poll dealing with false/counterfeit/imitation signs/wonder/miracles?"

I think it is critical that we identify False Prophets and False Christs because Jesus said so. The Scriptures regularly warn us to identify and to avoid deceptions and counterfeits. Why would you want to ignore that?

But your current point, that we should not misdiagnose spiritual phenomena and prohibit it is fine by me. That's entirely Scriptural, and a valid point.

The way we know what is true is precisely by addressing both the genuine article and the counterfeit. This just substantiates my point, that these things need to be addressed.

Blog Entries

Your response here is dealing with the "discerning" of spirits through one's bias, be it what a church or denomination teaches, or ones personal experience (usually limited BY a churches/denom's teachings).

In other words, when God moves, said church/demon doesn't recognize such movement because point blank, their teachings limits THEM from recognizing God. When God does something OUTSIDE their box, it's not accepted/not allowed in the box, they don't recognize God, they say... NOT God.
    Slug1--out

Thread Information