Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: My coming is like Noah's day.

Re: My coming is like Noah's day.

Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    Where the flood was...but the flood wasn't global so not all humans died. The same is true with the sister example of Lot. Not all died in the world, only the targeted area/people died. Plus in both saved groups were ungodly people so that further disproves the idea that all ungodly were intended to be killed.
    only 8 people survived.

2pet 2
    4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to pits of darkness, reserved for judgment; 5 and did not spare the ancient world, but preserved Noah, a preacher of righteousness, with seven others, when He brought a flood upon the world of the ungodly;
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    only 8 people survived.
    Only 8 survived in the flood area. People living further away survived just fine, just like cities further away from Sodom also had people that "survived" the fire from heaven.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    Revelation 2:18-25 is written to certain people at a certain time it even names a person and Jesus is telling those people at that time to hold fast until He comes. Those people have been dead for about 1900 years so this proves that it isnít the second coming but His coming in judgement
    Not sure who you are refuting. However you are a bit confused about verse 25 it seems.
    Rev 2:25* Only hold fast what you have until I come.*
    Rev 2:26* The one who conquers and who keeps my works until the end, to him I will give authority over the nations,*
    Rev 2:27* and he will rule them with a rod of iron, as when earthen pots are broken in pieces, even as I myself have received authority from my Father.*
    Rev 2:28* And I will give him the morning star.*
    Rev 2:29* He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.í*

The statement is most assuredly about His return. Thee is ZERO doubt in this. Every Christian is to hold fast UNTIL He comes, regardless of whether He comes whilst they are alive.
    Further Jesus did NOT come in judgement AFTER Revelation was written.

I agree that EACH portion of the Letter was written to a SPECIFIC church, but there were also general truths in there too, which the statement in verse 29 confirms (and which is stated after each section).

Blog Entries

Yes it is
    Rev 14:6
    6 Then I saw another angel flying in midair, and he had the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who live on the earthóto every nation, tribe, language and people.

I can not believe that you stated such a thing the gospel isn't just 4 books in the bible is it the teaching and revelation of Jesus which is all over the book of revelation as it mentions many time who Jesus is and what He did and will do.
    Well noticed. I had forgotten that passage. IF we take the Gospel to be the Revelation of Jesus, then of course the Book of Revelation in its entirety is the Gospel. If we take Gospel to mean good news, then again we agree that Revelation is full of good news, for those who are looking for His glorious appearing. I was using it in a more circumscribed way to mean the good news of His death and resurrection and forgiveness of sins. It is NOT about the Gospel in Rev 20 in regards to His salvation, nor about the means by which Satan is bound.

It only mentions the beast and the false prophet cast into the lake of fires in chapter 19 not the other demons
    chapter 19 doesn't mention Jesus leaving heaven he doesn't need to but the bible does tell us when he leaves heaven in other times
    Yes it only mentions the beast and the false prophet as being cast into the LoF.
    However you will notice that AFTER mentioning Satan being cast out of heaven there is NO mention of the other demons. Only these 3.
    Now Rev 12 speaks of the victory in heaven, and Rev 19 speaks of the victory on earth - and there is NO possible way to argue that Rev 19 battle is NOT on earth, as this is where the beast and false prophet are (along with the kings of the earth and their armies) - so then we have to look to other scripture.
    If scripture does NOT tell us something, then we should NOT build our doctrine on the silence of scripture alone.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kalahari View Post
    Are there any evidence/proof of people being deceived by Satan self or are they deceived by his demons, powers and principalities? What I have been told by others including ex-satanist it is the latter. Satan is not free to roam the earth, but uses his followers to do his bidding.

My problem with testimonies from satanists is that he is the father of all lies and deception and I do not know if what they are telling us is the truth or only the deception they believed while they were satanists and under his power. Saying this i can only testify that I have not heard anything else than Satan being kept under the sea/earth somewhere and that satanists go through portals to visit him, but never was it on earth. Perhaps someone has heard differently?
    1. Satan empowers the demons and principalities to do evil. So technically he is behind every abominable deed on earth.
    2. Satan's deception is to make one not to believe in God. Other than that, I see no reason to doubt Satanists of their horrid stories of perversion and evil.
    3. Satan is NOT yet bound. Any claim to the contrary is false.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pbminimum View Post
    I'll go out on a limb here and state that if someone isn't getting the enemy's attention by growing the kingdom, demolishing strongholds, and leading people out of bondage then they probably aren't even a blip on the enemy's radar screen.
    I'll second that. Satan and cohorts only attack those with bright destiny and heaven bound. The one headed for hell is already under his thumb.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    Not everyone in the world died in the flood or the story of Lot. In both, some of the ungodly died and some did not just as it will be when Christ returns.
    I have no recollection of anyone else than the 8 souls with Noah surviving the flood. Nor any record of any of the wicked surviving Sodom and Gomorrah. Maybe I missed it, can you help me with the scriptures?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    I have no recollection of anyone else than the 8 souls with Noah surviving the flood.
    That's likely because you didn't live during the time of the flood.

Nor any record of any of the wicked surviving Sodom and Gomorrah. Maybe I missed it, can you help me with the scriptures?
    The flood was not global so many people who were wicked survived. The point of the flood was to kill off the giants from the angelic invasion of Gen 6.

Lot's wife was wicked and she originally was intended to survive that day but after looking back God killed her. Also, someone who was wicked also was allowed to survive the flood inside the Ark. He later did something awful to Noah. So in both stories there was someone wicked allowed to survive the flood/fire as well as these things were localized events and the outside and distant people of the world were unaffected.

I have no recollection of anyone else than the 8 souls with Noah surviving the flood.
    That's likely because you didn't live during the time of the flood.

Nor any record of any of the wicked surviving Sodom and Gomorrah. Maybe I missed it, can you help me with the scriptures?
    The flood was not global so many people who were wicked survived. The point of the flood was to kill off the giants from the angelic invasion of Gen 6.

Lot's wife was wicked and she originally was intended to survive that day but after looking back God killed her. Also, someone who was wicked also was allowed to survive the flood inside the Ark. He later did something awful to Noah. So in both stories there was someone wicked allowed to survive the flood/fire as well as these things were localized events and the outside and distant people of the world were unaffected.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Blog Entries

I have no recollection of anyone else than the 8 souls with Noah surviving the flood. Nor any record of any of the wicked surviving Sodom and Gomorrah. Maybe I missed it, can you help me with the scriptures?
    You are correct - Psalm 104 helps clarify:

Psa 104:5* He set the earth on its foundations, so that it should never be moved.*
    Psa 104:6* You covered it with the deep as with a garment; the waters stood above the mountains.*
    Psa 104:7* At your rebuke they fled; at the sound of your thunder they took to flight.*
    Psa 104:8* The mountains rose, the valleys sank down to the place that you appointed for them.*
    Psa 104:9* You set a boundary that they may not pass, so that they might not again cover the earth.

Seems like the Psalmist understood the WHOLE world, with all the mountains to be covered by the deep (that is water).

Scientifically there is no problem with the WHOLE world being covered by water. I find it strange for people to argue against this as scripture portrays it repeatedly as being so.

You are correct - Psalm 104 helps clarify:

Psa 104:5* He set the earth on its foundations, so that it should never be moved.*
    Psa 104:6* You covered it with the deep as with a garment; the waters stood above the mountains.*
    Psa 104:7* At your rebuke they fled; at the sound of your thunder they took to flight.*
    Psa 104:8* The mountains rose, the valleys sank down to the place that you appointed for them.*
    Psa 104:9* You set a boundary that they may not pass, so that they might not again cover the earth.

Seems like the Psalmist understood the WHOLE world, with all the mountains to be covered by the deep (that is water).

Scientifically there is no problem with the WHOLE world being covered by water. I find it strange for people to argue against this as scripture portrays it repeatedly as being so.

Blog Entries

Well noticed. I had forgotten that passage. IF we take the Gospel to be the Revelation of Jesus, then of course the Book of Revelation in its entirety is the Gospel. If we take Gospel to mean good news, then again we agree that Revelation is full of good news, for those who are looking for His glorious appearing. I was using it in a more circumscribed way to mean the good news of His death and resurrection and forgiveness of sins. It is NOT about the Gospel in Rev 20 in regards to His salvation, nor about the means by which Satan is bound.
    But it is about his death and resurrection like the child snatched up in chapter 20 and the lamb slain. Jesus is called the lamb repeatedly in revelation and there are many references to His blood

Yes it only mentions the beast and the false prophet as being cast into the LoF.
    However you will notice that AFTER mentioning Satan being cast out of heaven there is NO mention of the other demons. Only these 3.
    Now Rev 12 speaks of the victory in heaven, and Rev 19 speaks of the victory on earth - and there is NO possible way to argue that Rev 19 battle is NOT on earth, as this is where the beast and false prophet are (along with the kings of the earth and their armies) - so then we have to look to other scripture.
    If scripture does NOT tell us something, then we should NOT build our doctrine on the silence of scripture alone.
    I donít see revelation in chronicle order and the beast and the false prophet are mentioned after chapter 12

Blog Entries

But it is about his death and resurrection like the child snatched up in chapter 20 and the lamb slain. Jesus is called the lamb repeatedly in revelation and there are many references to His blood

I donít see revelation in chronicle order and the beast and the false prophet are mentioned after chapter 12

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    Not sure who you are refuting. However you are a bit confused about verse 25 it seems.
    Rev 2:25* Only hold fast what you have until I come.*
    Rev 2:26* The one who conquers and who keeps my works until the end, to him I will give authority over the nations,*
    Rev 2:27* and he will rule them with a rod of iron, as when earthen pots are broken in pieces, even as I myself have received authority from my Father.*
    Rev 2:28* And I will give him the morning star.*
    Rev 2:29* He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.’*

The statement is most assuredly about His return. Thee is ZERO doubt in this. Every Christian is to hold fast UNTIL He comes, regardless of whether He comes whilst they are alive.
    Further Jesus did NOT come in judgement AFTER Revelation was written.

I agree that EACH portion of the Letter was written to a SPECIFIC church, but there were also general truths in there too, which the statement in verse 29 confirms (and which is stated after each section).
    Sorry it was to someone else

Blog Entries

You mean the child in Rev 12?
    It is about His life, death and resurrection, but it is FAR MORE than that. It is about WHO He is for the Church in this Age, and it is about WHO He will be in the Age to come..

It isn't in precisely chronicle order, just like Luke isn't precisely chronological either. However this does NOT mean there is an overarching chronological aspect to it.
    The point I made though is that we do NOT have mention of Satan's angels outside of Rev 12, so regardless of where you see that chronologically, we CANNOT infer something that simply isn't given.
    Rev 12 is STILL about a victory in heaven and Rev 19 is STILL about a victory on earth.
    Rev 12 victory has NOT occurred yet, nor Rev 19.

Blog Entries

You mean the child in Rev 12?
    It is about His life, death and resurrection, but it is FAR MORE than that. It is about WHO He is for the Church in this Age, and it is about WHO He will be in the Age to come..
    Of course I have always said that it is the revealing of Jesus Christ and what He has done.

It isn't in precisely chronicle order, just like Luke isn't precisely chronological either. However this does NOT mean there is an overarching chronological aspect to it.
    The point I made though is that we do NOT have mention of Satan's angels outside of Rev 12, so regardless of where you see that chronologically, we CANNOT infer something that simply isn't given.
    Rev 12 is STILL about a victory in heaven and Rev 19 is STILL about a victory on earth.
    Rev 12 victory has NOT occurred yet, nor Rev 19

We can agree to disagree about that but demons are mentioned outside of chapter 12 like the king demon abbadon

Blog Entries

Of course I have always said that it is the revealing of Jesus Christ and what He has done.

We can agree to about that but demons are mentioned outside of chapter 12 like the king demon abbadon

Darn no editing I meant agree to disagree

Thread Information