Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: My coming is like Noah's day.

Blog Entries

Re: My coming is like Noah's day.

Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    How so? The mortals with the mark of the beast are doomed for destruction in the lake of fire.
    It isn't the unforgivable sin so they could accept Christ and repent and be forgiven. Also, not everyone takes the mark of the beast so these people God spares could be people who didn't take the mark. We know at the second coming there are people who are alive and remain and they didn't take the mark so it's possible others didn't also. No where does it say you are killed if you don't take the mark. People who don't worship the image of the beast are killed but the same isn't written about the mark.

How so? The mortals with the mark of the beast are doomed for destruction in the lake of fire.
    It isn't the unforgivable sin so they could accept Christ and repent and be forgiven. Also, not everyone takes the mark of the beast so these people God spares could be people who didn't take the mark. We know at the second coming there are people who are alive and remain and they didn't take the mark so it's possible others didn't also. No where does it say you are killed if you don't take the mark. People who don't worship the image of the beast are killed but the same isn't written about the mark.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    Actually there is NO contradiction,. The simple point being that those who take the Mark do NOT ask.
    In fact we are told SPECIFICALLY that they REFUSE to repent:
    Rev 16:9* They were scorched by the fierce heat, and they cursed the name of God who had power over these plagues. They did not repent and give him glory.*

Rev 16:11* and cursed the God of heaven for their pain and sores. They did not repent of their deeds.

Now Rev 14 does NOT say there is no forgiveness as Trivalee claims but says "they will drink the wine of God's wrath..." which I think he is interpreting as meaning the LoF, however in CONTEXT I understand it to be speaking about the time of the vials.
    The verses you quoted doesn’t say that they refuse to repent only that they do repent. Not doing something and refusing to do something are very different things

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    The verses you quoted doesn’t say that they refuse to repent only that they do repent. Not doing something and refusing to do something are very different things
    Correction in the above post I meant to say

The verses you quoted doesn’t say that they refuse to repent only that they do not repent

Correction in the above post I meant to say

The verses you quoted doesn’t say that they refuse to repent only that they do not repent

Blog Entries

Actually there is NO contradiction,. The simple point being that those who take the Mark do NOT ask.
    Rev 16:9* They were scorched by the fierce heat, and they cursed the name of God who had power over these plagues. They did not repent and give him glory.*

Rev 16:11* and cursed the God of heaven for their pain and sores. They did not repent of their deeds.

Now Rev 14 does NOT say there is no forgiveness as Trivalee claims but says "they will drink the wine of God's wrath..." which I think he is interpreting as meaning the LoF, however in CONTEXT I understand it to be speaking about the time of the vials.
    I do agree with the timing though

Quote Originally Posted by Deade View Post
    [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR="#008000"]Let us look at who Paul was speaking of in 2 Thess. 1:5-8 "Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer: Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you; And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, in flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:"

Clearly that was just that living generation that troubled the saints. There will be many unsaved left alive to start the millennial reign (the goats, if you will).
    How many goats do you see escaping the fire in Matt 25?
    There is none, just like what happened in Noahs day. Only those onboard with his salvation escaped Gods judgment in Noahs day and so shall it be when the Son of man comes.

In 2Thess 1 Christ comes to execute Gods righteous judgment once again, taking out vengeance on those who did not accept his Gospel. They suffer eternal separation from his presence on the day he comes to Glorify his own.

2Thess 2

8 Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming; 9 that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders, 10 and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved.

11 For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false, 12 in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness.
    13 But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth. 14 It was for this He called you through our gospel, that you may gain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Yes. They receive this at his coming.

Matt 25
    10 And while they were going away to make the purchase, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding feast; and the door was shut. 11 Later the other virgins also came, saying, ‘Lord, lord, open up for us.’ 12 But he answered, ‘Truly I say to you, I do not know you.’ 13 Be on the alert then, for you do not know the day nor the hour.

But while they still live in the MK, they will reproduce and bear children. Some of their children will believe and be saved, but some will not.
    Those poor children growing up knowing that mummy and daddy are doomed to their part in hell. Never gonna happen.

Fact of the matter is that Jesus remains in heaven until the restoration of all things at his coming.

act 3
    18 But the things which God announced beforehand by the mouth of all the prophets, that His Christ would suffer, He has thus fulfilled. 19 Therefore repent and return, so that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord; 20 and that He may send Jesus, the Christ appointed for you,
    21 whom heaven must receive until the period of restoration of all things about which God spoke by the mouth of His holy prophets from ancient time.

Blog Entries

I do agree with the timing though
    Below is the only unforgivable sin and it’s not the mark of the beast

Mark 3:28-29
    28 Truly I tell you, people can be forgiven all their sins and every slander they utter, 29 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin.”

Yes. They receive this at his coming.

Matt 25
    10 And while they were going away to make the purchase, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding feast; and the door was shut. 11 Later the other virgins also came, saying, ‘Lord, lord, open up for us.’ 12 But he answered, ‘Truly I say to you, I do not know you.’ 13 Be on the alert then, for you do not know the day nor the hour.

But while they still live in the MK, they will reproduce and bear children. Some of their children will believe and be saved, but some will not.
    Those poor children growing up knowing that mummy and daddy are doomed to their part in hell. Never gonna happen.

Fact of the matter is that Jesus remains in heaven until the restoration of all things at his coming.

act 3
    18 But the things which God announced beforehand by the mouth of all the prophets, that His Christ would suffer, He has thus fulfilled. 19 Therefore repent and return, so that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord; 20 and that He may send Jesus, the Christ appointed for you,
    21 whom heaven must receive until the period of restoration of all things about which God spoke by the mouth of His holy prophets from ancient time.

Cool Re: My coming is like Noah's day.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    How many goats do you see escaping the fire in Matt 25?
    There is none, just like what happened in Noahs day. Only those onboard with his salvation escaped Gods judgment in Noahs day and so shall it be when the Son of man comes.

In 2Thess 1 Christ comes to execute Gods righteous judgment once again, taking out vengeance on those who did not accept his Gospel. They suffer eternal separation from his presence on the day he comes to Glorify his own.
    If all the people not saved are destroyed at Christ's coming, who are these people Zechariah is speaking of?

Zec. 14:1,16 "Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles."

Non-believers laugh at your threat of punishment being eternal separation from God.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    2Thess 2

8 Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming; 9 that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders, 10 and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved.

11 For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false, 12 in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness.
    13 But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth. 14 It was for this He called you through our gospel, that you may gain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Spoken like a true amil. God is destroying those that love their evil ways, but it has nothing to do with their second death. Most unsaved people enjoy their evil, or at least justify it. God is not going to condemn forever anyone deceived into thinking they are serving Christ.
    John 15:17 "These things I command you, that ye love one another."

Blog Entries

Actually no they are NOT different things.
    Perhaps this parable might help:
    Mat 21:28* “What do you think? A man had two sons. And he went to the first and said, ‘Son, go and work in the vineyard today.’*
    Mat 21:29* And he answered, ‘I will not,’ but afterward he changed his mind and went.*
    Mat 21:30* And he went to the other son and said the same. And he answered, ‘I go, sir,’ but did not go.*
    Mat 21:31* Which of the two did the will of his father?” They said, “The first.” Jesus said to them, “Truly, I say to you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the kingdom of God before you.*
    Mat 21:32* For John came to you in the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him, but the tax collectors and the prostitutes believed him. And even when you saw it, you did not afterward change your minds and believe him.

The simple FACT is that they refuse to repent, because they do NOT repent, even though God is doing things to them to push them to repent.

Blog Entries

But if that is true it contradicts the many verse in the bible that promise salvation to all who ask.

Now we know that the bible doesn't contradict itself so the bible is telling us that it can't be a literal mark
    Brother Marty, is there anything you accept as literal in prophecy? Which scripture gives you a reason to believe that the mark of the beast is merely symbolic?

Blog Entries

Brother Marty, is there anything you accept as literal in prophecy? Which scripture gives you a reason to believe that the mark of the beast is merely symbolic?
    When a literal interpretation contradicts other scriptures. Below is a method I use

The whole of scripture is greater than the sum of its individual passages. You can not comprehend the bible as a whole without comprehending its individual passages and you cannot comprehend its individual passages without comprehending the bible as a whole. The individual passages can never be interpreted in a way as to conflict the whole of scripture

Marks and symbols on the head were symbolic in the OT

Exodus 13:14-16
    14 “In days to come, when your son asks you, ‘What does this mean?’ say to him, ‘With a mighty hand the Lord brought us out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. 15 When Pharaoh stubbornly refused to let us go, the Lord killed the firstborn of both people and animals in Egypt. This is why I sacrifice to the Lord the first male offspring of every womb and redeem each of my firstborn sons.’ 16 And it will be like a sign on your hand and a symbol on your forehead that the Lord brought us out of Egypt with his mighty hand.”

I see the mark on the head as what you are eternally devoted to and the mark on the hand as what you do to show that constant devotion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deade View Post
    If all the people not saved are destroyed at Christ's coming, who are these people Zechariah is speaking of?

Zec. 14:1,16 "Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles."

Non-believers laugh at your threat of punishment being eternal separation from God.

Spoken like a true amil. God is destroying those that love their evil ways, but it has nothing to do with their second death. Most unsaved people enjoy their evil, or at least justify it. God is not going to condemn forever anyone deceived into thinking they are serving Christ.
    They may laugh now but it will torment them in the future when they will see the glory of God and realize that they cannot partake in it and it was their choice to do so. They would prefer burning in a lake of fire over that any day

Blog Entries

I will gladly concede my an error if you can provide any passage that confirms that those who have taken the mark can still be forgiven? Your rebuttal of my position is even more intriguing given that you provided scriptures showing that they had the opportunity to repent, but instead cursed the name of God. I'm wondering how one will curse God and consequently receive their due recompense and yet be forgiven?

Let's not forget that the Bible says that because of their impenitent heart, God will send them a strong delusion to believe a lie (2 Thess 2:11-12)!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    I don't see a differences between the two throne judgments except in lack of details given but they are still throne judgments.
    Maybe you are right.

Thread Information