Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 313

Thread: My coming is like Noah's day.

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    13,892
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: My coming is like Noah's day.

    Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    On the other hand any person at anytime can allow themselves to be deceived by Satan
    That isn't possible during Satan's imprisonment according to the bible. Amil changes that to being possible so they can explain why Satan continues to deceive the nations today and since the cross.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    13,892
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: My coming is like Noah's day.

    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman View Post
    The idea that no souls can be taken from Satan until a future 1000 years time period isn't true.
    Since no one teaches "no souls can be taken from Satan until a future 1000 years time period" then this is merely a strawman fallacy which is a made up belief no one holds which is then attacked and defeated.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ADELAIDE / South Australia
    Posts
    3,798

    Re: My coming is like Noah's day.

    Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    You actual agree with the point that you needed to be take from the devil's house which demonstrates the devil IS presently NOT bound and in the pit,
    It demonstrates that satan is first bound before the Lord transfers us out of his kingdom of darkness.

    Matt 12
    28 But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. 29 Or how can anyone enter the strong man’s house and carry off his property, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house.
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Oklahoma - USA
    Posts
    529

    Cool Re: My coming is like Noah's day.

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    It demonstrates that satan is first bound before the Lord transfers us out of his kingdom of darkness.

    Matt 12
    28 But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. 29 Or how can anyone enter the strong man’s house and carry off his property, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house.
    Yet it seems you are still in darkness! Satan is really effective in this day and age. Bound? I think not!
    John 15:17 "These things I command you, that ye love one another."

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ADELAIDE / South Australia
    Posts
    3,798

    Re: My coming is like Noah's day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deade View Post
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR="#800080"]Yet it seems you are still in darkness!
    No , he rescued me because he got the victory over satans domain of darkness.

    Col 1
    13 For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, 14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deade View Post
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR="#800080"]Yet it seems you are still in darkness!
    No , he rescued me because he got the victory over satans domain of darkness.

    Col 1
    13 For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, 14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pitt Meadows b.c.
    Posts
    4,806
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: My coming is like Noah's day.

    Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    That isn't possible during Satan's imprisonment according to the bible. Amil changes that to being possible so they can explain why Satan continues to deceive the nations today and since the cross.
    To what end?

    What is the purpose of not being deceived by Satan for 1000 years and then millions of people being deceived by Satan in his short time once he realized? Wouldn’t that sound like a waste of 1000 years? Have you thought about that?

    There must be another explanation

    We are only deceived by satan when we alow him as he uses our own weaknesses against us for example Eve as she desired to be like God

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pitt Meadows b.c.
    Posts
    4,806
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: My coming is like Noah's day.

    Correction in the above post I meant released not realized

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pitt Meadows b.c.
    Posts
    4,806
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: My coming is like Noah's day.

    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman View Post
    Exactly right marty. The idea that no souls can be taken from Satan until a future 1000 years time period isn't true. I know this, because I was in the devils house until Jesus got me out of there. Seems like Jesus freed you also.
    Yes he sure did He had His hands on me when I didn’t know Him

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pitt Meadows b.c.
    Posts
    4,806
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: My coming is like Noah's day.

    Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    In Rev 20 the ONUS is most certainly on Satan, and on him being bound AND put in the pit. It also states Satan can no longer deceive the nations from WHEN he is bound and placed in the pit.
    So IF Satan presently is able to deceive nations - and ALL the evidence points to this as a FACT - then it means that Satan is NOT presently bound and placed in the pit.
    This is a self-evident TRUTH and fairly simple to understand.
    Why people DENY that we are in a real battle with the forces of this dark world right now and living delusional lives and delude others.
    Any claim that Satan is bound for ALL nations and in the pit right now are contrary to ALL that Paul wrote and what Revelation simple states. It is contrary to what Jesus declared, about the need to bind the strong man. Why would that be necessary IF the strong man is ALREADY bound?

    What is worse is that when you highlight this discrepancy between scriptural TRUTH and the dogma of Amillennialism/Postmillennialism, the response is that we are somehow denigrating Jesus or making Satan more than he is. This is a falsehood, and would recommend reading "The Screwtape Letters" by CS Lewis to get a perspective on this. With Christ we have the victory, but the battle is tough and we actually deny God glory when He is involved in our trials. Jesus highlighted that we would have trials UNTIL He returns, and Paul noted these trials are led by the prince of the air.

    In conclusion, let us put the ONUS of a scripture WHERE that scripture puts the onus. A temporary victory over Satan for a duration of a thousand years, which changes the whole world, and this victory was achieved in the previous chapter, by a returning King of Kings!
    Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    What a terrible strawman. No one is suggesting that souls can't be taken off Satan until a future 1,000 years. It is misrepresentation of this order which makes debate difficult.
    You actual agree with the point that you needed to be take from the devil's house which demonstrates the devil IS presently NOT bound and in the pit, but a roaring lion seeking to devour whomever he may and so needs defeating individual by individual. This is so different from the Millennium when Satan will not need defeating in this way because he will be bound and in the pit.
    The very fact you acknowledge you were deceived by the devil means that the devil is still in the business of deceiving, which is something he will NOT be doing DURING the Millennium.
    You misunderstand me I do believe that we battle Satan in our current lives and Fight a spiritual war daily that is not what I mean by Satan being bound. I believe that Satan is bound only be deceiving the nations because the gospel reveals who Jesus is.

    Jesus is the one who is stronger than the strong man who bound him and took his plunder which is the people satan deceived

    Christians went from a room full of a few people to over 3000 people in one day on the day of Pentecost and then onto people all over the known world within about 30 years that to me sound like Satan bound

    By the way the screw tape letters is a fantastic book

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    9,942
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: My coming is like Noah's day.

    Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    You misunderstand me I do believe that we battle Satan in our current lives and Fight a spiritual war daily that is not what I mean by Satan being bound. I believe that Satan is bound only be deceiving the nations because the gospel reveals who Jesus is.
    I know you believe this, but what I find incredible is that you do NOT see that your view is contradictory.
    If Satan is bound, then this means he is bound and UNABLE to deceive, yet you make God UNABLE to bind Satan adequately.
    Either Satan is bound, in which case there is NO spiritual war with Satan any more, or he is not and so we fight against him and the forces of evil.
    The MK is a time when the sole challenge is NOT from any spiritual forces of evil, but ONLY what is within the heart of Man. And this for those who are NOT IN Christ.

    Jesus is the one who is stronger than the strong man who bound him and took his plunder which is the people satan deceived
    Christians went from a room full of a few people to over 3000 people in one day on the day of Pentecost and then onto people all over the known world within about 30 years that to me sound like Satan bound
    By the way the screw tape letters is a fantastic book
    There are still billions who are deceived by Satan, which means that the binding was either inadequate or hasn't happened.
    The simple fact is that it has NOT happened yet for the nations. This is what any rational looking at the situation will show you.
    Instead we are in this battle with Christ on our side, and the gates of hell will not prevail.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    9,942
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: My coming is like Noah's day.

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    It demonstrates that satan is first bound before the Lord transfers us out of his kingdom of darkness.
    Matt 12:28 But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. 29 Or how can anyone enter the strong man’s house and carry off his property, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house.
    Actually you should note that it was the Spirit of God which binds the demons, and NOT an angel or Satan having been placed in the pit.
    IOW the CONTEXT shows that the demons (and Satan) are NOT bound, but are roaming around and need binding as and when we engage with them in an INDIVIDUAL's life.
    This is why the KoG is advancing, the victory which is sure, has not yet come to pass for all nations, which is what Rev 20 speaks about.

  12. #87

    Re: My coming is like Noah's day.

    Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    What a terrible strawman. No one is suggesting that souls can't be taken off Satan until a future 1,000 years. It is misrepresentation of this order which makes debate difficult.
    This is no strawman. Jesus said no one can take anything from Satan unless Satan is tied up. You're the one saying Satan isn't tied up yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    You actual agree with the point that you needed to be take from the devil's house which demonstrates the devil IS presently NOT bound and in the pit, but a roaring lion seeking to devour whomever he may and so needs defeating individual by individual. This is so different from the Millennium when Satan will not need defeating in this way because he will be bound and in the pit.
    The very fact you acknowledge you were deceived by the devil means that the devil is still in the business of deceiving, which is something he will NOT be doing DURING the Millennium.
    The point is, it's faith and faith only in the gospel of our Lord Jesus that binds Satan.

    We see things differently. My faith in Jesus is showing me that the devil has always been in bondage. And Peter was instructing us to live by faith, so we wouldn't be dragged into Satan's never-ending cesspool.

  13. #88

    Re: My coming is like Noah's day.

    Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    Since no one teaches "no souls can be taken from Satan until a future 1000 years time period" then this is merely a strawman fallacy which is a made up belief no one holds which is then attacked and defeated.
    We'll see who gets attacked and defeated when corrupted flesh meets God.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    9,942
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: My coming is like Noah's day.

    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman View Post
    This is no strawman. Jesus said no one can take anything from Satan unless Satan is tied up. You're the one saying Satan isn't tied up yet.
    This is a strawman as NO ONE was saying that Jesus can't bind Satan. However scripture shows it isn't Satan himself we bind but the various demons involved. Satan is not omniscient nor omnipresent, and his main role is to be Satan in the heavenlies at this time - that is as the Accuser (for that is what Satan means0>
    It is the forces of evil which need binding, and they are not bound UNTIL someone binds them in jesus name.

    The point is, it's faith and faith only in the gospel of our Lord Jesus that binds Satan.
    We see things differently. My faith in Jesus is showing me that the devil has always been in bondage. And Peter was instructing us to live by faith, so we wouldn't be dragged into Satan's never-ending cesspool.
    If you are saying it is faith and the gospel that binds then you are NOT agreeing with rev 20, for in rev 20 it is NEITHER faith nor the gospel which is binding Satan, but angel and this because the forces of Satan have been defeated - which is still not the case at this time.
    As for living by faith, that is completely true, but irrelevant to the point about Satan BEING bound.
    Satan is NOT bound as he is still deceiving the nations. It is as simple as that.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pitt Meadows b.c.
    Posts
    4,806
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: My coming is like Noah's day.

    Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    I know you believe this, but what I find incredible is that you do NOT see that your view is contradictory.
    If Satan is bound, then this means he is bound and UNABLE to deceive, yet you make God UNABLE to bind Satan adequately.
    Either Satan is bound, in which case there is NO spiritual war with Satan any more, or he is not and so we fight against him and the forces of evil.
    The MK is a time when the sole challenge is NOT from any spiritual forces of evil, but ONLY what is within the heart of Man. And this for those who are NOT IN Christ.


    There are still billions who are deceived by Satan, which means that the binding was either inadequate or hasn't happened.
    The simple fact is that it has NOT happened yet for the nations. This is what any rational looking at the situation will show you.
    Instead we are in this battle with Christ on our side, and the gates of hell will not prevail.
    You keep using an argument against me which I don’t believe so it is in vain thus the issue is what is the binding it is the great chain the gospel

    For example Rome persecuted the church but eventually became a Christian nation thus they choose not be be deceived.

    The deception is up to us because we have free will satan is useless if we use our free will and believe but on the other hand if we choose not to believe then we are doomed but it is our choice

    But in the end man will choose their own self determination not what God has determined for us just like before the fall and allow Satan to be released by rejecting the gospel so he can deceive and then the end will come

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: Jan 3rd 2018, 12:22 AM
  2. Is Jesus coming with Heaven at “His coming”?
    By Soldier_of_Faith in forum End Times Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Oct 24th 2017, 06:55 AM
  3. The days of Noah and the coming of the Son of man.
    By jeffweeder in forum End Times Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Sep 4th 2009, 10:29 PM
  4. Jesus 1st coming/2nd coming??
    By Joe King in forum End Times Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Jul 19th 2009, 08:16 PM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: Jul 8th 2009, 11:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •