Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: My coming is like Noah's day.

Blog Entries

Re: My coming is like Noah's day.

Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    You keep using an argument against me which I don’t believe so it is in vain thus the issue is what is the binding it is the great chain the gospel
    Sorry, but your claim means that you DO believe it, regardless of what you wish to claim to believe.

For example Rome persecuted the church but eventually became a Christian nation thus they choose not be be deceived.
    And, they were deceived, and many nations STILL are deceived, therefore the binding of Satan whihc is for ALL nations, is CLEARLY not true.

The deception is up to us because we have free will satan is useless if we use our free will and believe but on the other hand if we choose not to believe then we are doomed but it is our choice. But in the end man will choose their own self determination not what God has determined for us just like before the fall and allow Satan to be released by rejecting the gospel so he can deceive and then the end will come
    The point of Rev 20 is that Satan can NO LONGER deceive. It is NOTHING to do with what Man does or doesn't choose. God removes Satan from the picture ENTIRELY by binding and then placing Satan in the pit. This will mean that FROM the time when Satan is bound and put in the pit NOT a SINGLE NATION in the ENTIRE world will be deceived by him any longer.
    Your belief is NOT in line with what Rev 20 shows.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    Sorry, but your claim means that you DO believe it, regardless of what you wish to claim to believe.

And, they were deceived, and many nations STILL are deceived, therefore the binding of Satan whihc is for ALL nations, is CLEARLY not true.

The point of Rev 20 is that Satan can NO LONGER deceive. It is NOTHING to do with what Man does or doesn't choose. God removes Satan from the picture ENTIRELY by binding and then placing Satan in the pit. This will mean that FROM the time when Satan is bound and put in the pit NOT a SINGLE NATION in the ENTIRE world will be deceived by him any longer.
    Your belief is NOT in line with what Rev 20 shows.
    How can you tell me what I believe? I am of sound mind and tell you that I believe that we do have spiritual war fare in Our lives today which has nothing to do with satans binding

But there are many people within those nations which arenít deceived thatís the point itís the people within those nations

But Your belief isnít in line with revelation 20 you said that they wonít be deceived any longer but they are when satan is released

History reveals the truth and the gospel went from Israel to all nations as people from nations all over the world are believers today

What is the purpose of a 1000 year reigning if it all falls apart the moment satan is released?

Why is the reigning not mentioned as being on the earth in revelation 20?

Why is a time of peace not mentioned in revelation 20?

Why is Jesus not mentioned as being on the earth in revelation 20?

If revelation is literal how do you explain the questions above?

Marty, the above viewpoint is a good example of when unsound heremeneutical principles are used to draw conclusions from Scripture. Using the book of Revelation on its own, and Particularly the 20th Chapter of Revelation, to create a doctrine & then impose this doctrine/conclusions upon the rest of Scripture is the an example of hermenuetics in reverse. When one understands the Genre of the book of Revelation, where figures of speech, hyperbole, bizarre images and symbolism are used right & left, etc. etc., is NOT a sound method of interpretation to ignore that genre and make literalistic dogmas out of those descriptions. One takes the clearer, more didactic, narrative passages of Scripture from the rest of the Bible to interpret the less clear portions of Scripture. So the genre of the book of Revelation is subject to, for example, the other book written by John, the Gospel of John or the Epistle of John. Not visa versa. If one is expecting a literal millennium and a literal binding of Satan in a very literal form, one should first search the Scriptures to see of such a thing is mentioned elsewhere. If it is not clearly found anywhere else, then there is cause for sufficient doubt about it. If it only to be found in the Book of Revelation Chapter 20, then the understanding of Revelation Chapter 20 is subject to the Clearer, more obviously literal and didactic teaching passages of Scripture.
    When one uses the Book of Revelation on its own to interpret the rest of the bible or impose something on the Scriptures that is found nowhere else in Scripture, one is treading on dangerous ground. One should be very very careful to understand the nature of this "apocalyptic-type" genre of literature before making bold assumptions about what he means for us today! The art of hermeneutics is a lost art in the modern literalistic and futuristic age we are living in, predominantly in North America.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DJohnson View Post
    Marty, the above viewpoint is a good example of when unsound heremeneutical principles are used to draw conclusions from Scripture. Using the book of Revelation on its own, and Particularly the 20th Chapter of Revelation, to create a doctrine & then impose this doctrine/conclusions upon the rest of Scripture is the an example of hermenuetics in reverse. When one understands the Genre of the book of Revelation, where figures of speech, hyperbole, bizarre images and symbolism are used right & left, etc. etc., is NOT a sound method of interpretation to ignore that genre and make literalistic dogmas out of those descriptions. One takes the clearer, more didactic, narrative passages of Scripture from the rest of the Bible to interpret the less clear portions of Scripture. So the genre of the book of Revelation is subject to, for example, the other book written by John, the Gospel of John or the Epistle of John. Not visa versa. If one is expecting a literal millennium and a literal binding of Satan in a very literal form, one should first search the Scriptures to see of such a thing is mentioned elsewhere. If it is not clearly found anywhere else, then there is cause for sufficient doubt about it. If it only to be found in the Book of Revelation Chapter 20, then the understanding of Revelation Chapter 20 is subject to the Clearer, more obviously literal and didactic teaching passages of Scripture.
    When one uses the Book of Revelation on its own to interpret the rest of the bible or impose something on the Scriptures that is found nowhere else in Scripture, one is treading on dangerous ground. One should be very very careful to understand the nature of this "apocalyptic-type" genre of literature before making bold assumptions about what he means for us today! The art of hermeneutics is a lost art in the modern literalistic and futuristic age we are living in, predominantly in North America.
    Thanks Doug well said there is one thread that connects from Genesis to revelation let the scriptures interpret scripture

The whole of scripture is greater than the sum of its individual passages. You can not comprehend the bible as a whole without comprehending its individual passages and you cannot comprehend its individual passages without comprehending the bible as a whole. The individual passages can never be interpreted in a way as to conflict the whole of scripture

The above method is the best way to interpret scripture especially prophecy

At the time Jesus spoke His Olivet Discourse (and even all through this discourse), He had not yet spoken to His disciples anything regarding our Rapture and things pertaining to that, but everything pertaining to His Second Coming to the earth, FOR the promised and prophesied earthly Millennial Kingdom (commencing upon His "RETURN" to the earth).

All of the following passages (and more) speak to THIS Subject:

--ALL "Son of man cometh/coming/shall come/etc" passages

--"the kingdom of the heavens" (the promised and prophesied EARTHLY Millennial Kingdom)

--"the wedding FEAST/SUPPER" passages (ditto the above; referred to in a few different passages)

--the "G347 - shall sit down [around a table / at a meal]" of Matt8:11 and its parallel

--the entire Olivet Discourse (except for the section of Lk21:12-24a about the events of 70ad), so Matt24-25/Mk13/Lk21

--the "IN QUICKNESS [NOUN]" references of Lk18:8[chpt-17-end] "avenge IN QUICKNESS [NOUN]," [also Romans 16:20 (distinct LOCATION, here, but same time-frame [concurrently]) and Rev1:1/22:6] (specific limited future time period leading UP TO the earthly MK, which will commence at His Second Coming to the earth)

--"the end [singular] of the age [singular]" in Matthew 13:24,30,39,40,49-50 (also Matt24:3 and His response); as well as "the age [singular] to come" which follows the other, sequentially, but found in Matt12:32 (the earthly MK age [singular]) located in the text before the Matt13 passage

--the two "RETURN" passages of Luke 12:36-37,38,40,42-44 "when he will RETURN FROM the wedding..." THEN the meal;and Luke 19:12,15,17,19 "RETURN," when He will deal out responsibilities regarding "have thou authority over 10 cities" ['cities' are LOCATED "on the earth"] and "likewise... be thou over 5" (and the parallels to these; see also Rev2:26-27, Rev19:15b ["SHALL [future] shepherd them [the nations]..."], Rev20:4, etc)

--ALL "there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth" passages (for those not entering the earthly MK time period, as ALL "saints/the righteous" WILL be present and accounted FOR, to enjoy)

--the "ye [the 12] shall sit on 12 thrones, judgING the 12 tribes of Israel" (Lk22:30,16,18 and Matt19:28 [compare with Matt25:31-34 for TIMING: His 2nd Coming to the earth])

--about eight to TEN "BLESSED" passages in the gospels [correlating with Dan12:12's "BLESSED" (specific time slot ["Blessed is he that waiteth and cometh to the 1335 days"]--referring to "still-living" persons, at the time of His Second Coming to the earth) and Rev19:9's "BLESSED" both/all pertaining to their entrance into the promised and prophesied earthly Millennial Kingdom, commencing upon His RETURN to the earth at the time of His Second Coming to the earth]

--the Transfiguration (a picture of His Second Coming glory)

...much more on this subject.

[and this correlates precisely with]

"... note additionally the TWO "PUNISH" words (in Isaiah 24:21-22[23]) which are SEPARATED by "and after many days" (meaning, that "punish" not only occurs at His Second Coming to the earth BUT ALSO the later GWTj [the TWO "punish" words in Isa24:21-22(23)]) and correlating [time-wise] with that of Revelation 19:19,21/16:14-16/20:5 at the time (context/setting) of His Second Coming to the earth. Meaning, there is still much "time" that will transpire on the earth following His Second Coming to the earth. And this is what the "IN THAT DAY" of Zechariah 14 shows [the MK time period]. So STARTING way back at the beginning of trib, and continuing [minus the man of sin after Christ's 2nd Coming to the earth] clear throughout the entire MK age. THAT is what the "IN WHICH" refers to in 2Pet3:10-12 [encompassing the entire span of time referred to (the DOTL time period)]

[as well as correlating precisely with this]

1 Corinthians 15:23-28 (note especially the bold I'm pointing out) -

23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. [<---note how far apart, time-wise, these two listed items take place]
    24 Then [G1534 - eita ] cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
    25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
    26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
    27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
    28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

The word "G1534 - eita - THEN" is a SEQUENCE word "with no time-element attached" to it (unlike another Greek word translated "then" which is "G5119 - tote" like is used in 2Th2:8 and other places). THIS word for "THEN" (G1534) is only with regard to "SEQUENCE"... and if you'll notice the THREE items LISTED here START with Jesus' own Resurrection some 2000 YEARS [+] before the NEXT LISTED item. So it is no problem at all for the THIRD LISTED item to be speaking of something that SEQUENTIALLY takes place 1000 years after the second listed item! (Note: the word "comes [cometh]" is not in the text. The text just reads "THEN [G1534] the end"... and it is NOT "THEN IMMEDIATELY the end," as the Amill-teaching skews it to mean! )

Blog Entries

What is the purpose of a 1000 year reigning if it all falls apart the moment satan is released?
    Same purpose you believe in. Yours "falls apart" as well so why is that?

It's mentioned to be on the Earth in Rev chp 2 and 5. We also know Rev 20 is after Jesus returns to the Earth so that's another reason we know the reign is over Earthly nations.

Why is a time of no peace not mentioned?

Why is Jesus not mentioned as being in heaven in revelation 20?

Why is there no mention of Jesus returning from heaven in Rev 20?
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    It's mentioned to be on the Earth in Rev chp 2 and 5. We also know Rev 20 is after Jesus returns to the Earth so that's another reason we know the reign is over Earthly nations.
    Correct.

And also, regarding the "a great multitude... of all the nations" of Revelation 7, where the later verses (of that passage) connect back with OT prophecies pertaining to the promised and prophesied EARTHLY Millennial Kingdom... note in the following:

Rev7 -

13 And one of the elders answered, saying to me, “These having been clothed with the white robes, who are they, and from where have they come?”

14 And I said to him, “My lord, you know.”

And he said to me, “These are the ones coming out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15 Because of this,

‘They are before the throne of God,
    and serve Him day and night in His temple;
    and the One sitting on the throne
    will tabernacle over them.

16 they will not hunger any more,
    neither will they thirst anymore,
    nor shall the sun at all fall upon them,
    nor any scorching heat; [SEE Isaiah 49:10, an earthly Millennial Kingdom passage/context]

17 because the Lamb in the center of the throne
    will shepherd [G4165 - poimanei SAME GREEK word as in Rev19:15b and 2:26-27 ('rule'/'feed'/'shepherd')]them,
    and He will lead them to fountains living of waters,
    and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes. [SEE also Isaiah 25:8, an earthly Millennial Kingdom passage/context]

This is their destination-point. Earthly MK.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    Same purpose you believe in. Yours "falls apart" as well so why is that?

Why is a time of no peace not mentioned?

Why is Jesus not mentioned as being in heaven in revelation 20?

Why is there no mention of Jesus returning from heaven in Rev 20?
    I think things change at the end of the thousand years because the church conforms and reduces in size like we see happening today

I see it mentioned in chapter 2 & 5 as being during the 1000 years but there is no mention of Jesus returning to the earth in chapter 20 either

A time of no peace isnít mentioned because nothing changed

There is no mention of Jesus being in heaven in chapter 20 because he never left since Acts chapter 1

Blog Entries

I think things change at the end of the thousand years because the church conforms and reduces in size like we see happening today

I see it mentioned in chapter 2 & 5 as being during the 1000 years but there is no mention of Jesus returning to the earth in chapter 20 either

A time of no peace isn’t mentioned because nothing changed

There is no mention of Jesus being in heaven in chapter 20 because he never left since Acts chapter 1
    It’s frustrating not being able to edit but I meant there is no mention of Jesus returning to the earth in chapter 19 either

Blog Entries

That's because he returned in Rev 19 and was already on the Earth in Rev 20.

He leaves heaven at the 7th trump which is before the Rev 20 events.

It’s frustrating not being able to edit but I meant there is no mention of Jesus returning to the earth in chapter 19 either
    Rev 19 shows Christ leaving heaven and coming to a certain place on the Earth where an army was waiting to fight him.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Blog Entries

How can you tell me what I believe? I am of sound mind and tell you that I believe that we do have spiritual war fare in Our lives today which has nothing to do with satans binding
    You clearly do NOT understand what you are believing, for you reiterate that you accept that there is PRESENTLY a deception going on by Satan, and YET at the SAME time you claim that Satan is bound MEANING that there is NO deception.

But there are many people within those nations which aren’t deceived that’s the point it’s the people within those nations
    But Your belief isn’t in line with revelation 20 you said that they won’t be deceived any longer but they are when satan is released
    I understand what you are trying to say, but the point is that IF a single person IS deceived by Satan WITHIN those nations THEN it means he is NOT bound and placed in the pit.
    You are claiming things BACKWARDS to what is stated.
    My belief is ENTIRELY in line with Rev 20, for when Satan IS bound then there is NO deception from that point in time.

History reveals the truth and the gospel went from Israel to all nations as people from nations all over the world are believers today
    And? This TRUTH does NOT change the TRUTH that Satan is NOT bound at the moment for the whole world.

Now you are starting to think and ask good questions.
    Does Revelation 20 tell us the answer to that question?
    Not directly, but we can understand the purpose WHEN we consider who is mortal on the earth and what God's plan for the earth is.
    When Jesus returns, I think we agree, that those who are IN Christ are raised to immortality and reign with Him.
    However where we differ is that I see there are mortals who are also alive who were NOT in Christ and so are NOT raised to immortality.
    These mortals moreover have children as Isaiah 65 seems to show.
    Rev 21 and 22 and Ezekiel 47 and Isaiah 65 & 66 show nations which exist and a world that needs to River of Life to flow to bring life to the barren places of the world. Don't forget the Trumpets and Vials have happened and the world is in a bad state, and so God is in the process of making it New. We are part of that process, and the thousand years is an opportunity for Man to live without the temptation of Satan.

Actually as the LOCATION of the reigning is NOT specified in Rev 20, then we have to understand from CONTEXT and other scripture.
    The CONTEXT is the earth, for we note that Satan is ON the earth and is bound and placed and prevented from deceiving the nations (which are on the earth).
    We have NO scripture where we are reigning in heaven.

Why should it be mentioned in Rev 20 when it is stated in Rev 21 and 22?
    Sometimes we make false demands that EVERYTHING must be explained WITHIN one passage.

As He is seen coming to earth in Rev 19 and as His reign as King of Kings and Lord of Lords is also mentioned in connection with the earth, so we have no requirement for it to be mentioned in that specific passage.

If revelation is literal how do you explain the questions above?
    Very easily.

You clearly do NOT understand what you are believing, for you reiterate that you accept that there is PRESENTLY a deception going on by Satan, and YET at the SAME time you claim that Satan is bound MEANING that there is NO deception.

I understand what you are trying to say, but the point is that IF a single person IS deceived by Satan WITHIN those nations THEN it means he is NOT bound and placed in the pit.
    You are claiming things BACKWARDS to what is stated.
    My belief is ENTIRELY in line with Rev 20, for when Satan IS bound then there is NO deception from that point in time.

And? This TRUTH does NOT change the TRUTH that Satan is NOT bound at the moment for the whole world.

Now you are starting to think and ask good questions.
    Does Revelation 20 tell us the answer to that question?
    Not directly, but we can understand the purpose WHEN we consider who is mortal on the earth and what God's plan for the earth is.
    When Jesus returns, I think we agree, that those who are IN Christ are raised to immortality and reign with Him.
    However where we differ is that I see there are mortals who are also alive who were NOT in Christ and so are NOT raised to immortality.
    These mortals moreover have children as Isaiah 65 seems to show.
    Rev 21 and 22 and Ezekiel 47 and Isaiah 65 & 66 show nations which exist and a world that needs to River of Life to flow to bring life to the barren places of the world. Don't forget the Trumpets and Vials have happened and the world is in a bad state, and so God is in the process of making it New. We are part of that process, and the thousand years is an opportunity for Man to live without the temptation of Satan.

Actually as the LOCATION of the reigning is NOT specified in Rev 20, then we have to understand from CONTEXT and other scripture.
    The CONTEXT is the earth, for we note that Satan is ON the earth and is bound and placed and prevented from deceiving the nations (which are on the earth).
    We have NO scripture where we are reigning in heaven.

Why should it be mentioned in Rev 20 when it is stated in Rev 21 and 22?
    Sometimes we make false demands that EVERYTHING must be explained WITHIN one passage.

As He is seen coming to earth in Rev 19 and as His reign as King of Kings and Lord of Lords is also mentioned in connection with the earth, so we have no requirement for it to be mentioned in that specific passage.

Very easily.
    Are there any evidence/proof of people being deceived by Satan self or are they deceived by his demons, powers and principalities? What I have been told by others including ex-satanist it is the latter. Satan is not free to roam the earth, but uses his followers to do his bidding.

My problem with testimonies from satanists is that he is the father of all lies and deception and I do not know if what they are telling us is the truth or only the deception they believed while they were satanists and under his power. Saying this i can only testify that I have not heard anything else than Satan being kept under the sea/earth somewhere and that satanists go through portals to visit him, but never was it on earth. Perhaps someone has heard differently?

This is a strawman as NO ONE was saying that Jesus can't bind Satan. However scripture shows it isn't Satan himself we bind but the various demons involved. Satan is not omniscient nor omnipresent, and his main role is to be Satan in the heavenlies at this time - that is as the Accuser (for that is what Satan means0>
    It is the forces of evil which need binding, and they are not bound UNTIL someone binds them in jesus name.

If you are saying it is faith and the gospel that binds then you are NOT agreeing with rev 20, for in rev 20 it is NEITHER faith nor the gospel which is binding Satan, but angel and this because the forces of Satan have been defeated - which is still not the case at this time.
    As for living by faith, that is completely true, but irrelevant to the point about Satan BEING bound.
    Satan is NOT bound as he is still deceiving the nations. It is as simple as that.
    It's as simple as realizing binding renders someone powerless against you. As for Satan being defeated, Jesus took care care of that and gives eternal life to all who believe in him and there's nothing the devil can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDivineWatermark View Post
    At the time Jesus spoke His Olivet Discourse (and even all through this discourse), He had not yet spoken to His disciples anything regarding our Rapture and things pertaining to that, but everything pertaining to His Second Coming to the earth, FOR the promised and prophesied earthly Millennial Kingdom (commencing upon His "RETURN" to the earth).

All of the following passages (and more) speak to THIS Subject:

--ALL "Son of man cometh/coming/shall come/etc" passages

--"the kingdom of the heavens" (the promised and prophesied EARTHLY Millennial Kingdom)

--"the wedding FEAST/SUPPER" passages (ditto the above; referred to in a few different passages)

--the "G347 - shall sit down [around a table / at a meal]" of Matt8:11 and its parallel

--the entire Olivet Discourse (except for the section of Lk21:12-24a about the events of 70ad), so Matt24-25/Mk13/Lk21

--the "IN QUICKNESS [NOUN]" references of Lk18:8[chpt-17-end] "avenge IN QUICKNESS [NOUN]," [also Romans 16:20 (distinct LOCATION, here, but same time-frame [concurrently]) and Rev1:1/22:6] (specific limited future time period leading UP TO the earthly MK, which will commence at His Second Coming to the earth)

--"the end [singular] of the age [singular]" in Matthew 13:24,30,39,40,49-50 (also Matt24:3 and His response); as well as "the age [singular] to come" which follows the other, sequentially, but found in Matt12:32 (the earthly MK age [singular]) located in the text before the Matt13 passage

--the two "RETURN" passages of Luke 12:36-37,38,40,42-44 "when he will RETURN FROM the wedding..." THEN the meal;and Luke 19:12,15,17,19 "RETURN," when He will deal out responsibilities regarding "have thou authority over 10 cities" ['cities' are LOCATED "on the earth"] and "likewise... be thou over 5" (and the parallels to these; see also Rev2:26-27, Rev19:15b ["SHALL [future] shepherd them [the nations]..."], Rev20:4, etc)

--ALL "there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth" passages (for those not entering the earthly MK time period, as ALL "saints/the righteous" WILL be present and accounted FOR, to enjoy)

--the "ye [the 12] shall sit on 12 thrones, judgING the 12 tribes of Israel" (Lk22:30,16,18 and Matt19:28 [compare with Matt25:31-34 for TIMING: His 2nd Coming to the earth])

--about eight to TEN "BLESSED" passages in the gospels [correlating with Dan12:12's "BLESSED" (specific time slot ["Blessed is he that waiteth and cometh to the 1335 days"]--referring to "still-living" persons, at the time of His Second Coming to the earth) and Rev19:9's "BLESSED" both/all pertaining to their entrance into the promised and prophesied earthly Millennial Kingdom, commencing upon His RETURN to the earth at the time of His Second Coming to the earth]

--the Transfiguration (a picture of His Second Coming glory)

...much more on this subject.

[and this correlates precisely with]

"... note additionally the TWO "PUNISH" words (in Isaiah 24:21-22[23]) which are SEPARATED by "and after many days" (meaning, that "punish" not only occurs at His Second Coming to the earth BUT ALSO the later GWTj [the TWO "punish" words in Isa24:21-22(23)]) and correlating [time-wise] with that of Revelation 19:19,21/16:14-16/20:5 at the time (context/setting) of His Second Coming to the earth. Meaning, there is still much "time" that will transpire on the earth following His Second Coming to the earth. And this is what the "IN THAT DAY" of Zechariah 14 shows [the MK time period]. So STARTING way back at the beginning of trib, and continuing [minus the man of sin after Christ's 2nd Coming to the earth] clear throughout the entire MK age. THAT is what the "IN WHICH" refers to in 2Pet3:10-12 [encompassing the entire span of time referred to (the DOTL time period)]

[as well as correlating precisely with this]

1 Corinthians 15:23-28 (note especially the bold I'm pointing out) -

23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. [<---note how far apart, time-wise, these two listed items take place]
    24 Then [G1534 - eita ] cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
    25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
    26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
    27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
    28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

The word "G1534 - eita - THEN" is a SEQUENCE word "with no time-element attached" to it (unlike another Greek word translated "then" which is "G5119 - tote" like is used in 2Th2:8 and other places). THIS word for "THEN" (G1534) is only with regard to "SEQUENCE"... and if you'll notice the THREE items LISTED here START with Jesus' own Resurrection some 2000 YEARS [+] before the NEXT LISTED item. So it is no problem at all for the THIRD LISTED item to be speaking of something that SEQUENTIALLY takes place 1000 years after the second listed item! (Note: the word "comes [cometh]" is not in the text. The text just reads "THEN [G1534] the end"... and it is NOT "THEN IMMEDIATELY the end," as the Amill-teaching skews it to mean! )
    How do you explain Jesus referring to the "days" of thee son of man?

Verse list:
    Luk 17:26-29 KJV And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the DAYS of the SON of MAN.

On ONE of those days, ALL will be destroyed...

They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them ALL. Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them ALL.

But, on the day that Jesus IS REVEALED...

Luk 17:30-36 KJV Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is REVEALED. In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back. Remember Lot's wife. Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it. I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

We see that HALF are "taken/left". I just don't see how that it would be proper to semantically intertwine these events into being the same event. We also find distinguished events when:

1. Matthew refers to HIS parousia & erchomai,
    2. Paul refers to:
    A. His appearing & His kingdom, 2Tim4:1,
    B. His coming & our gathering together, 2Th2:1.

In light of this, can you explain the "DAYS of the son of man"?

Be Blessed,
    The PuP

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kalahari View Post
    Are there any evidence/proof of people being deceived by Satan self or are they deceived by his demons, powers and principalities? What I have been told by others including ex-satanist it is the latter. Satan is not free to roam the earth, but uses his followers to do his bidding.

My problem with testimonies from satanists is that he is the father of all lies and deception and I do not know if what they are telling us is the truth or only the deception they believed while they were satanists and under his power. Saying this i can only testify that I have not heard anything else than Satan being kept under the sea/earth somewhere and that satanists go through portals to visit him, but never was it on earth. Perhaps someone has heard differently?
    This is very interesting and freeki and could be a way of looking at it but if demons are doing it for satan then satan is still doing the deceiving

Thread Information