Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: My coming is like Noah's day.

Re: My coming is like Noah's day.

Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    This is very interesting and freeki and could be a way of looking at it but if demons are doing it for satan then satan is still doing the deceiving
    Yes he is the author, but it makes a difference in understanding his bondage IMO. He is physically bounded not to roam the earth, but not his power.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    That's because he returned in Rev 19 and was already on the Earth in Rev 20.

He leaves heaven at the 7th trump which is before the Rev 20 events.

Rev 19 shows Christ leaving heaven and coming to a certain place on the Earth where an army was waiting to fight him.
    Rev 19 doesn't mention Jesus coming to the earth John only sees Jesus up in heave as heaven is opened wide. The rest is a symbolic description of Jesus defeating all of his enemies over time with the sword of his mouth his word which is all powerful and the only weapon he needs. Did you notice that there are no other weapons and no mention of his army fighting? It is not a literal battle.

The point of those scriptures is the message of Jesus being king of kings and lord of lords the almighty not a bloody victory

The 7th trumpet is at the judgement day at the end of our world as rev 11:18 tells us that the time of judging has come which takes us to the GWT in chapter 20

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kalahari View Post
    Yes he is the author, but it makes a difference in understanding his bondage IMO. He is physically bounded not to roam the earth, but not his power.
    But then again Peter does say that he roams the earth like a lion seeking who to devour

But then again Peter does say that he roams the earth like a lion seeking who to devour
    As I have said his bondage is what ex-satanist had testified against me. If it is true or not I do not know. To me it does not necessarily means it is the devil roaming himself, for he is not omnipresent and therefore most encounters would be by his demons and not by him. Would it be a difference if it was him or one of his demons?

Eph 6 tells us that we fight against the evil tricks of the devil, not against him for I believe it is not meant for us to fight against the devil, but to resist him.

As I have said his bondage is what ex-satanist had testified against me. If it is true or not I do not know. To me it does not necessarily means it is the devil roaming himself, for he is not omnipresent and therefore most encounters would be by his demons and not by him. Would it be a difference if it was him or one of his demons?

Eph 6 tells us that we fight against the evil tricks of the devil, not against him for I believe it is not meant for us to fight against the devil, but to resist him.
    I'll go out on a limb here and state that if someone isn't getting the enemy's attention by growing the kingdom, demolishing strongholds, and leading people out of bondage then they probably aren't even a blip on the enemy's radar screen.

Blog Entries

You clearly do NOT understand what you are believing, for you reiterate that you accept that there is PRESENTLY a deception going on by Satan, and YET at the SAME time you claim that Satan is bound MEANING that there is NO deception.
    The message is about what the chain is its the gospel which has more authority that satan

I understand what you are trying to say, but the point is that IF a single person IS deceived by Satan WITHIN those nations THEN it means he is NOT bound and placed in the pit.
    You are claiming things BACKWARDS to what is stated.
    My belief is ENTIRELY in line with Rev 20, for when Satan IS bound then there is NO deception from that point in time.
    But satans work still deceives even if he is bound. If satan deceived your parents and is then bound and your parents passed that deception to you then satan still deceived you right?

I do think that this line of thinking gives to much glory to satan as he is just one fallen angle and can only be in one place at one time.

If your theory is true why doesn't the text mention satans legion of fallen angles being bound also? What is the point of binding satan when his army of fallen angles can just pick up the batton and carry on his mission?

Now you are starting to think and ask good questions.
    Does Revelation 20 tell us the answer to that question?
    Not directly, but we can understand the purpose WHEN we consider who is mortal on the earth and what God's plan for the earth is.
    When Jesus returns, I think we agree, that those who are IN Christ are raised to immortality and reign with Him.
    However where we differ is that I see there are mortals who are also alive who were NOT in Christ and so are NOT raised to immortality.
    These mortals moreover have children as Isaiah 65 seems to show.
    Rev 21 and 22 and Ezekiel 47 and Isaiah 65 & 66 show nations which exist and a world that needs to River of Life to flow to bring life to the barren places of the world. Don't forget the Trumpets and Vials have happened and the world is in a bad state, and so God is in the process of making it New. We are part of that process, and the thousand years is an opportunity for Man to live without the temptation of Satan.
    But to what end? Why bother if everything falls apart the moment satan is released?

I have a thread on page 2 of this forum called what and when is the 1000 years which goes into detail about the OT views of the 1000 years.

The deceiving is like a math test you can be stumped by the questions but the answers are in the back of the book. I don't believe that the reigning is because of the binding

Why should it be mentioned in Rev 20 when it is stated in Rev 21 and 22?
    Sometimes we make false demands that EVERYTHING must be explained WITHIN one passage.
    I see rev 21-22 as after the 1000 years

As He is seen coming to earth in Rev 19 and as His reign as King of Kings and Lord of Lords is also mentioned in connection with the earth, so we have no requirement for it to be mentioned in that specific passage.
    Rev 19 doesn't mention Jesus coming to the earth John only sees Jesus up in heave as heaven is opened wide. The rest is a symbolic description of Jesus defeating all of his enemies over time with the sword of his mouth his word which is all powerful and the only weapon he needs. Did you notice that there are no other weapons and no mention of his army fighting? It is not a literal battle.

The point of those scriptures is the message of Jesus being king of kings and lord of lords the almighty not a bloody victory

To add to this the message f rev 20 is that Jesus reigns now as we come to life and reign with Him not that Jesus starts to reign when we come to life. The reign also doesn't end when satan is released either. I don't really think that its all the details that matter but this message

Blog Entries

Agreed nicely said

Quote Originally Posted by Pesachpup View Post
    How do you explain Jesus referring to the "days" of thee son of man?

Verse list:
    Luk 17:26-29 KJV And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the DAYS of the SON of MAN.

On ONE of those days, ALL will be destroyed...

They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them ALL. Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them ALL.

But, on the day that Jesus IS REVEALED...

Luk 17:30-36 KJV Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is REVEALED. In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back. Remember Lot's wife. Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it. I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

We see that HALF are "taken/left". I just don't see how that it would be proper to semantically intertwine these events into being the same event. We also find distinguished events when:

1. Matthew refers to HIS parousia & erchomai,
    2. Paul refers to:
    A. His appearing & His kingdom, 2Tim4:1,
    B. His coming & our gathering together, 2Th2:1.

In light of this, can you explain the "DAYS of the son of man"?

Be Blessed,
    The PuP
    I'll try to answer your question best I can.

I believe all of this passage is describing events which take place after our Rapture (so, within the tribulation years leading up to His Second Coming to the earth, parallel with Lk18:8's "IN QUICKNESS [NOUN]" [and concurrently with Romans 16:20's "IN QUICKNESS [NOUN]" but which is "the Church which is His body" in a distinct location, not on the earth as the other is], and Rev1:1's "IN QUICKNESS [NOUN]" referring to the "future" aspects of the Book of Rev, per 4:1/1:19c [etc]--the "7 yrs/70th Wk")…

so that "as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be" refers to His Second Coming to the earth, and the specific limited time period which will LEAD UP TO that (so the trib years... and the point in time of His Second Coming to the earth FOR the earthly MK).

I believe that this is speaking only of "those who will be LIVING at the time" (just like in the days of Lot and Noah)… and that like them, they will have the benefit of having a specific message sent to them (pertaining to such time period [Matt24:14,26:13 (Matt22:8-14; Matt25:40) and all of the "signs" and so forth]), not all will come to believe said message (some will believe and embrace "the LIE/the false/the pseudei" instead). So that where it says, "and destroyed them ALL," I believe this refers to His Second Coming to the earth (whereas 1Th5:2-3 is what takes place following our Rapture [earlier in the chronology] and is a different word for "destroy/destruction," only applies to the "they/them" of that context, and is in contrast to those of Lk21:36 who will also be existing in the trib years, but by their obeying the instruction given here, will be enabled to "[actively] flee out of each and every thing coming on the earth [DURING the trib years], and to stand before [in a judicial sense, I believe] the Son of man [His 2nd-Coming-to-the-earth designation; see also v.27]).

So, if I understand your question, I see both Noah and Lot to have been associated with "days" and a particular "day," just as I see in this passage (regarding the trib years [during which years, a particular "message" [/'INVITATION'] will be being preached") that LEAD UP TO His Second Coming to the earth ['FOR the earthly MK' i.e. 'the wedding FEAST/SUPPER [on the earth, upon His 'RETURN' there (Lk12:36-37,38,40,42-44)]').

Does this help answer your question, or even come close to addressing the issue you are having? (my apologies if I'm missing your overall point)

I had meant to also add a note on 1 Peter 3:19-20, the following quote by Gaebelein, which I think helps add to what I'm trying to convey:

[quoting]

"What, then, does the passage mean? It is very simple after all. He preached by the Spirit, or in the Spirit, that is, the same Spirit who raised Him from among the dead, the Holy Spirit of life and power, to the spirits who are now in prison. But when the preaching occurred they were not in prison. And who were they? All the wicked dead for 4,000 years? The text makes it clear that they are a special class of people. They were living in the days of Noah. It is incomprehensible how some of these teachers, misinterpreting this passage, can teach that it includes all the lost, or angels which fell, or the righteous dead. The Spirit of God preached to them, that is, the Spirit who quickened the body of Christ, the same Spirit preached to the generation of unbelievers in the days of Noah. The time of the preaching, then, did not occur between the death and resurrection of Christ, but it took place in Noah’s day. Christ was not personally, or corporeally present, just as He is not present in person in this age when the gospel is preached; His Spirit is here.

"So was He present by His Spirit in the days of Noah. It is written: “My Spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years” (Genesis 6:3). His Spirit was then on the earth. In long-suffering God was waiting for one hundred and twenty years while the ark was preparing. His Spirit preached then. But He needed an instrument. The instrument was Noah; in him was the Spirit of Christ and as the preacher of righteousness (2Peter 2:5) he delivered the warning message of an impending judgment to those about him, who did not heed the message, passed on in disobedience, were swept away by the deluge and are now the spirits in prison. As the Spirit of Christ was in the prophets (1Peter 1:11) testifying beforehand of the suffering of Christ and the glory that should follow, so the Spirit of Christ preached through Noah. This is the meaning of this passage, and any other is faulty and unscriptural."

--Gaebelein, 1 Peter 3 Commentary [source: Bible Hub; bold and underline mine]

Blog Entries

The message is about what the chain is its the gospel which has more authority that satan
    Nope, the Gospel is NOT mentioned once in ALL of Revelation, and it is NOT even hinted at in Rev 20.
    The closest thing you have to this idea is found in Rev 12 which is our testimony and the blood of the Lamb kicks Satan out of heaven, to the earth.
    So no the message is NOT about the Gospel.
    The message is about Satan NO LONGER deceiving.

But satans work still deceives even if he is bound. If satan deceived your parents and is then bound and your parents passed that deception to you then satan still deceived you right?
    I do think that this line of thinking gives to much glory to satan as he is just one fallen angle and can only be in one place at one time.
    If your theory is true why doesn't the text mention satans legion of fallen angles being bound also? What is the point of binding satan when his army of fallen angles can just pick up the batton and carry on his mission?
    Not according to Rev 20.
    Rev 20:1* Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding in his hand the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain.*
    Rev 20:2* And he seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years,*
    Rev 20:3* and threw him into the pit, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he might not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were ended.

It very clearly states in verse 3 that the PURPOSE of Satan being bound and placed in the pit is in order that Satan can NO LONGER deceive.
    Therefore to CLAIM that Satan can STILL deceive when he is bound means you are giving Satan a power greater than God who has had been bound by the angel.
    Satan can indeed be only in one place at a time.
    However he is the Chief Angel, the one who deceived Adam and Eve. The one who is deceiving nations right now.
    My theory is true as that is what the scripture SPECIFICALLY says.
    As for his forces, they were defeated in the preceding chapter. Is there any need to mention them further? Also note that throughout the Bible the ruler is mentioned in regards to those he leads.

But to what end? Why bother if everything falls apart the moment satan is released?
    I have a thread on page 2 of this forum called what and when is the 1000 years which goes into detail about the OT views of the 1000 years.
    The deceiving is like a math test you can be stumped by the questions but the answers are in the back of the book. I don't believe that the reigning is because of the binding
    Everything doesn't fall apart when Satan is released. The world is not destroyed again. There are many who are deceived and others who flee from Satan. However it is God's final test for the mortals who live on the earth. Your question is a bit like asking why didn't God start the NHNE after Noah, or with Jesus.

I see rev 21-22 as after the 1000 years
    Many do, yet Rev 21 and 22 speaks of the events of the MK, and matches Isaiah 65 & 66, and Ezekiel 47 and Zech 14.

Rev 19 doesn't mention Jesus coming to the earth John only sees Jesus up in heave as heaven is opened wide. The rest is a symbolic description of Jesus defeating all of his enemies over time with the sword of his mouth his word which is all powerful and the only weapon he needs. Did you notice that there are no other weapons and no mention of his army fighting? It is not a literal battle. The point of those scriptures is the message of Jesus being king of kings and lord of lords the almighty not a bloody victory
    Actually John mentions Jesus LEAVING heaven, and going to strike down nations. It then mentions the birds being called to eat the flesh of men, and then it states this:
    Rev 19:19* And I saw the beast and the kings of the earth with their armies gathered to make war against him who was sitting on the horse and against his army.*
    Rev 19:20* And the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who in its presence had done the signs by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped its image. These two were thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur.

So where was the beast and his army? Very clearly on earth. This is indeed about a bloody victory.
    A lot of Christians are incredibly squeamish. Every sacrifice involved blood.
    This is NOT simply symbolic, but a real act where millions will die PHYSICALLY.

To add to this the message f rev 20 is that Jesus reigns now as we come to life and reign with Him not that Jesus starts to reign when we come to life. The reign also doesn't end when satan is released either. I don't really think that its all the details that matter but this message
    Jesus is NOT reigning now, He is at the right hand of the Father who is presently reigning. However Jesus will be crowned and will come and reign on earth.
    The message of Rev 20 is speaking of how His reign starts.
    Now when Satan is released is NOT the end of Jesus' reign, but the final defeat of Satan and his being cast into the LoF and with the GWToJ and the casting into the LoF of death, is then the end of Jesus' enemies.

Blog Entries

Rev 19 doesn't mention Jesus coming to the earth John only sees Jesus up in heave as heaven is opened wide.
    He describes Christ leaving heaven and coming to Earth to battle an army at Armageddon which is 66 miles from Jerusalem.

The rest is a symbolic description of Jesus defeating all of his enemies over time with the sword of his mouth his word which is all powerful and the only weapon he needs.
    No, it's a actual battle happening on one certain day, the second coming.

Did you notice that there are no other weapons and no mention of his army fighting? It is not a literal battle.
    Jesus kills the enemy army and sheds blood. It's a literal battle.

That is incorrect. Everyone realizes Rev 19 is the literal second coming. It's silly to deny that fact.

The 7th trumpet is at the judgement day at the end of our world as rev 11:18 tells us that the time of judging has come which takes us to the GWT in chapter 20
    The 7th trump second coming is a different day and event than the GWT. Rev 2 tells us the reign over the nations doesn't begin until after Christ has returned so your order of events does not match what the bible lists as their order. I only accept what the bible says so that's why I side with Premil because the bible tells us Christ returns before (pre) the mil (millennium).
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    He describes Christ leaving heaven and coming to Earth to battle an army at Armageddon which is 66 miles from Jerusalem.

No, it's a actual battle happening on one certain day, the second coming.

Jesus kills the enemy army and sheds blood. It's a literal battle.

That is incorrect. Everyone realizes Rev 19 is the literal second coming. It's silly to deny that fact.

The 7th trump second coming is a different day and event than the GWT. Rev 2 tells us the reign over the nations doesn't begin until after Christ has returned so your order of events does not match what the bible lists as their order. I only accept what the bible says so that's why I side with Premil because the bible tells us Christ returns before (pre) the mil (millennium).
    Revelation 19 does not mention Jesus leaving heaven and coming to the earth Jesus doesn't have to do that to defeat His enemies and I am not the only person who believes that many do

not sure were you see that in rev 2

Blog Entries

Nope, the Gospel is NOT mentioned once in ALL of Revelation, and it is NOT even hinted at in Rev 20.
    The closest thing you have to this idea is found in Rev 12 which is our testimony and the blood of the Lamb kicks Satan out of heaven, to the earth.
    So no the message is NOT about the Gospel.
    The message is about Satan NO LONGER deceiving.
    Yes it is

Rev 14:6
    6 Then I saw another angel flying in midair, and he had the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who live on the earth—to every nation, tribe, language and people.

I can not believe that you stated such a thing the gospel isn't just 4 books in the bible is it the teaching and revelation of Jesus which is all over the book of revelation as it mentions many time who Jesus is and what He did and will do

It only mentions the beast and the false prophet cast into the lake of fires in chapter 19 not the other demons

chapter 19 doesn't mention Jesus leaving heaven he doesn't need to but the bible does tell us when he leaves heaven in other times

Quote Originally Posted by TheDivineWatermark View Post

And also, regarding the "a great multitude... of all the nations" of Revelation 7, where the later verses (of that passage) connect back with OT prophecies pertaining to the promised and prophesied EARTHLY Millennial Kingdom.

This is their destination-point. Earthly MK.
    Their destination point after the GT is to come before his Throne where God tabernacles with us and wipes our tears away.
    This is not an earthly MK, but the NHNE where all things are made new....,

Rev 21
    Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea. 2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them, 4 and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.”
    5 And He who sits on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” And He said,
    “Write, for these words are faithful and true.” 6 Then He said to me, “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost. 7 He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son.

Rev 7

“These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15 For this reason, they are before the throne of God; and they serve Him day and night in His temple; and He who sits on the throne will spread His tabernacle over them. 16 They will hunger no longer, nor thirst anymore; nor will the sun beat down on them, nor any heat; 17 for the Lamb in the center of the throne will be their shepherd, and will guide them to springs of the water of life; and God will wipe every tear from their eyes.”
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Blog Entries

Revelation 19 does not mention Jesus leaving heaven and coming to the earth
    Yeah it does. He leaves heaven and kills people on the Earth. The beast and false prophet are taken and cast into the LOF either by Christ himself or someone in his army. Either way, Jesus is on the Earth or just slightly in the air in Rev 19...still shows he is Earthward and not remaining in heaven.

Rev 2:25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.
    Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
    Rev 2:27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Jesus has to come known as the second coming before he gives anyone power over the nations to rule them with a rod of iron. Amil falsely claims the ruling is now over the nations, before the second coming, but the scriptures prove Amil wrong.

Revelation 19 does not mention Jesus leaving heaven and coming to the earth
    Yeah it does. He leaves heaven and kills people on the Earth. The beast and false prophet are taken and cast into the LOF either by Christ himself or someone in his army. Either way, Jesus is on the Earth or just slightly in the air in Rev 19...still shows he is Earthward and not remaining in heaven.

Rev 2:25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.
    Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
    Rev 2:27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Jesus has to come known as the second coming before he gives anyone power over the nations to rule them with a rod of iron. Amil falsely claims the ruling is now over the nations, before the second coming, but the scriptures prove Amil wrong.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Thread Information