Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: My coming is like Noah's day.

Blog Entries

Re: My coming is like Noah's day.

When is Isaiah speaking of in these verses?
    Isa 54:9* “This is like the days of Noah to me: as I swore that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth, so I have sworn that I will not be angry with you, and will not rebuke you.*
    Isa 54:10* For the mountains may depart and the hills be removed, but my steadfast love shall not depart from you, and my covenant of peace shall not be removed,” says the LORD, who has compassion on you.*
    Isa 54:11* “O afflicted one, storm-tossed and not comforted, behold, I will set your stones in antimony, and lay your foundations with sapphires.*
    Isa 54:12* I will make your pinnacles of agate, your gates of carbuncles, and all your wall of precious stones.*
    Isa 54:13* All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children.*
    Isa 54:14* In righteousness you shall be established; you shall be far from oppression, for you shall not fear; and from terror, for it shall not come near you.*
    Isa 54:15* If anyone stirs up strife, it is not from me; whoever stirs up strife with you shall fall because of you.*
    Isa 54:16* Behold, I have created the smith who blows the fire of coals and produces a weapon for its purpose. I have also created the ravager to destroy;*
    Isa 54:17* no weapon that is fashioned against you shall succeed, and you shall refute every tongue that rises against you in judgment. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD and their vindication from me, declares the LORD.”*

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    When is Isaiah speaking of in these verses?
    Isa 54:9* “This is like the days of Noah to me: as I swore that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth, so I have sworn that I will not be angry with you, and will not rebuke you.*
    Isa 54:10* For the mountains may depart and the hills be removed, but my steadfast love shall not depart from you, and my covenant of peace shall not be removed,” says the LORD, who has compassion on you.*
    Isa 54:11* “O afflicted one, storm-tossed and not comforted, behold, I will set your stones in antimony, and lay your foundations with sapphires.*
    Isa 54:12* I will make your pinnacles of agate, your gates of carbuncles, and all your wall of precious stones.*
    Isa 54:13* All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children.*
    Isa 54:14* In righteousness you shall be established; you shall be far from oppression, for you shall not fear; and from terror, for it shall not come near you.*
    Isa 54:15* If anyone stirs up strife, it is not from me; whoever stirs up strife with you shall fall because of you.*
    Isa 54:16* Behold, I have created the smith who blows the fire of coals and produces a weapon for its purpose. I have also created the ravager to destroy;*
    Isa 54:17* no weapon that is fashioned against you shall succeed, and you shall refute every tongue that rises against you in judgment. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD and their vindication from me, declares the LORD.”*
    Obvious. It is for the people who are the servants of the Lord.
    Who are every faithful Christian.

The world will soon go thru a dramatic change, events that will lead up to the glorious Return of Jesus. The Lord will protect His own, but we must prove our faith by standing strong during it all in our trust that He will do as He as said thru the prophets.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    Doesn't say that at all. It speaks of the reign over the nations starting after Christ returns which proves that the reign isn't happening now. That's already obvious just looking at the state of the world anyways, but scripture showing the reign isn't happening matches the reignless world we live in.

You guys are doing a terrible job The real reign will take place when Christ returns and it will look nothing like this awful world.
    We don't reign because of satan's weakness because he is locked up we reign because of Jesus and who He is. It not because of our merits that we reign its because of Him within us

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    We don't reign because of satan's weakness because he is locked up we reign because of Jesus and who He is. It not because of our merits that we reign its because of Him within us
    Everyone knows that but scripture states the reign over the nations doesn't begin until the second coming so Amil is wrong to claim it's happening now. And like I said, anyone can tell Christ and his immortal saints are not reigning the unsaved nations with a rod of iron now. The nations are ruled by no one but Satan and man's own depravity. Even Christian nations like the USA are morally corrupt and are "Christian" in historic name only for the most part. It's silly to claim Christ rules this Earth and "silly" was the mildest word I felt could be used.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Blog Entries

Victory comes from the Lord

Isaiah 54:1 Sing, barren woman, who never bore a child, Shout for joy, you who have never been in labour, for the deserted wife will have more children that she who has a husband.
    This verse refers to the Israelites – the 10 Northern tribes, then Judah, both divorced and exiled from God for their sins, but now ‘a vast multitude’. Isaiah 50:1, Jeremiah 3:8-9, Malachi 2:10-11, Ezekiel 36:10-11.

Isaiah 54:2-3 Enlarge your space, spread out right and left, your descendants will dispossess nations and will inhabit cities now desolate.
    The Israelites, now including every faithful Christian: will go to live in all of the holy Land, they will take over neighbouring areas and will live in their abandoned houses. Zechariah 10:8-10, Micah 7:11, Ezekiel 36:24-28, Amos 9:12, Zephaniah 3:19-20.]

Isaiah 54:4-6 Fear not, you will not be put to shame or disgrace. It is time to forget the shame of your younger days and the reproach of your casting off, for your husband is your Maker, His name is Y’hovah. The Holy One of Israel is your redeemer, He acknowledges you as his possession again, once cast off and heartbroken.
    His people, the Christian Israelites of God, can look forward to their redemption and restoration to their heritage. Amos 9:13-15, Jeremiah 31:31-34, Isaiah 14:1-2

Isaiah 54:7-8 I forsook you for a passing moment, but with tender affection, I shall bring you home again. In an upsurge of anger, I hid My face from you, but now, I shall give you never failing love, says the Lord; your Redeemer.
    a passing moment – 1000s of years of Israel’s exile ( a 1000 years is as a day to God) Soon to migrate to their true homeland. Isaiah 35:1-10, Zephaniah 3:17, Micah 3:6-8.

Isaiah 54:9-10 This to Me, is like when I swore to never again flood the earth, so now I swear to you – to never again be angry or rebuke you. My love will never fail and My covenant of peace will never be shaken.
    Wonderful promises of blessings to His people, those who love and serve Him. Micah 7:19, Hosea 14:4-7, Ezekiel 37:26-27

Isaiah 54:11-12 Storm battered city, distressed and desolate, now I shall rebuild you with the finest materials.
    Jerusalem – and all Israel- rebuilt and regenerated after the destruction caused by the Lords Day of vengeance and wrath. Joel 1:19-20, Amos 9:11, Ezekiel 36:8-12

Isaiah 54:13-17 Your children will be instructed by the Lord, they will enjoy great prosperity. They will have nothing to fear. If anyone tries to attack you, they will die [Ezekiel 38 & 39 & Joel 2:20] No weapon will prevail against you and any accuser will be refuted. These benefits are enjoyed by the servants of the Lord, their victory comes from Me. Reference; REB, some verses abridged.

His faithful Christian people, living in peace and security, in all of the holy Land, will fulfil all the promises made to the Patriarchs. They will be ‘a Light to the nations ‘ and will send out 144,000 missionaries to spread the gospel of the coming Kingdom of Jesus Christ. Isaiah 66:19, and Luke 10:1-19 – is the precursor for them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Beginner View Post
    God used Noah and Lot as examples of how it will be at the end of the age. In the days of Noah, God destroyed the whole earth BUT saved Noah and eight other souls (2 Pet 2:5). Yet ONLY Noah was considered righteous. There is no indication that those of his family were any more righteous than the rest of those who perished. In fact, when one studies his children, specifically Ham, they were not particularly righteous.
    Noah wasn't perfect either. If he had not got drunk then Ham wouldn't be in that position. Fact is they were on board with Noah and were saved.

Here Paul specifically identifies the target of the Lord’s judgment as those “who trouble you” or “those who afflict you”. He then shows they do so because they “do not know God and who do not obey the gospel”. “Do not obey the gospel” means they “disobey the gospel”. This is NOT TALKING about those who’ve NEVER HEARD the gospel.
    Jesus is not going to come again and eternally separate the ungodly until the Gospel reaches to all peoples. This eternal separation occurs at the Final judgment of the GWT.
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    The Flood was to put an end to the out-of-control wickedness and mass violence of the culture in Noah's area of the world.
    That was the only area in the world as far as human population goes. All spoke the same language. They only spread out 4 generations after the flood.

Gen 11

Now the whole earth used the same language and the same words. 2 It came about as they journeyed east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar and settled there. 3 They said to one another, “Come, let us make bricks and burn them thoroughly.” And they used brick for stone, and they used tar for mortar. 4 They said, “Come, let us build for ourselves a city, and a tower whose top will reach into heaven, and let us make for ourselves a name, otherwise we will be scattered abroad over the face of the whole earth.” 5 The Lord came down to see the city and the tower which the sons of men had built. 6 The Lord said, “Behold, they are one people, and they all have the same language. And this is what they began to do, and now nothing which they purpose to do will be impossible for them. 7 Come, let Us go down and there confuse their language, so that they will not understand one another’s speech.” 8 So the Lord scattered them abroad from there over the face of the whole earth; and they stopped building the city. 9 Therefore its name was called Babel, because there the Lord confused the language of the whole earth; and from there the Lord scattered them abroad over the face of the whole earth.

Only the chosen survived the flood and so shall it be when Jesus comes again. Therefore one must be ready.

Blog Entries

Everyone knows that but scripture states the reign over the nations doesn't begin until the second coming so Amil is wrong to claim it's happening now. And like I said, anyone can tell Christ and his immortal saints are not reigning the unsaved nations with a rod of iron now. The nations are ruled by no one but Satan and man's own depravity. Even Christian nations like the USA are morally corrupt and are "Christian" in historic name only for the most part. It's silly to claim Christ rules this Earth and "silly" was the mildest word I felt could be used.
    There is a difference between reigning now with Christ and ruling the nations with an iron sceptre

We rule now because Christ is in us and he is king of kings but the ruling with the iron sceptre is the judging we will do at the end of our world when we dash them to pieces as mentioned in revelation chapter 2

There is a difference between reigning now with Christ and ruling the nations with an iron sceptre

We rule now because Christ is in us and he is king of kings but the ruling with the iron sceptre is the judging we will do at the end of our world when we dash them to pieces as mentioned in revelation chapter 2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Beginner View Post
    Again, the four beasts and twenty four elders should have said "an they reign with Him" because according to your view, they had been already reigning. Instead the passage is securing the future reign of the saints. This is grammar 101

Paul clearly rebuked the church of Corinth for thinking they were currently "reigning" just as you belief.

1Co 4:8* You are already full! You are already rich! You have reigned as kings without us—and indeed I could wish you did reign, that we also might reign with you!

Paul, sarcastically rebukes the church who acted like they were already reigning and had received the comforts living as kings and priests describes in the writings of the prophets. Paul says, "I wish this was really true, because that would mean we would be reigning with you as fellow believers" (Paraphrase). Paul then goes on to describe the apostles current condition of being "put on display, condemned to death...weak, dishonored, hungry, thirsty, poorly clothed, beaten and homeless, etc".

1Co 4:9-13* For I think that God has displayed us, the apostles, last, as men condemned to death; for we have been made a spectacle to the world, both to angels and to men. *(10)* We are fools for Christ's sake, but you are wise in Christ! We are weak, but you are strong! You are distinguished, but we are dishonored! *(11)* To the present hour we both hunger and thirst, and we are poorly clothed, and beaten, and homeless. *(12)* And we labor, working with our own hands. Being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we endure; *(13)* being defamed, we entreat. We have been made as the filth of the world, the offscouring of all things until now.

This is why Romans 8 says that this current age is a "time of suffering" but that "glory SHALL BE revealed in us" when the sons of God are glorified and Christ lifts the curse upon the physical creation at the 2nd coming. This is not the season in which the church reigns.

How do you answer the fact that Jesus said to the disciples, "IN THE REGENERATION, you who have followed me will sit on twelve thrones and judge the twelve tribes of Israel". When did the disciples receive this reward of reigning over Israel?

Are you saying that the New Heavens and New Earth are now??? Are you a full preterist?

I was speaking about Rev 21 and the NHNE.

I do not know what your talking about here. Can you restate...

John 11:24 is in CONTEXT to a PHYSICAL RESSURECTION. Jesus is personifying the means by which Lazerus is about to be PHYSICALLY raise through Christ and is also personifying the means by which all men will be PHYSICALLY raised "on the last day". There is no spiritual invisible resurrection happening here...

Even the great AMILLENNIAL scholar G.K Beale admits that John 11:24-25 is about a physical resurrection saying "Anastasis appears forty one times in the NT and refers to physical resurrection... when read in context, even John 11 (v.25) refers to a physical resurrection." (Beal, G.K The Book of Revelation. 1004)

Comparing the apostolic martyrs who were "entrusted with the faith once and for all delivered to the saints" and whom many were the chief apologist for the church against the gnostic belief systems to a faithless and apostate group who wondered for 40 years and died in the wilderness because of unbelief is a horrible view of the early church to hold to. And that you have discovered the real truth (i.e. first resurrection as past) that ALL the Apostles failed to transmit down to their disciples is a bold assertion.
    Please see post #38 about the reigning

The context in 1 Corinth 4 is about Paul rebuking them because they thought they were superior to the others on their merits

So they thought that they resigned over them as they were confused about the reigning which I showed the difference in post #38

Blog Entries

There is no reigning with Christ until he returns. Scripture doesn't place the reign over the nations until after the second coming. It is scripture that you are arguing against.

The dashing to pieces is not killing people as you likely believe. It means to break up their governments and powers. The individuals are unharmed.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Blog Entries

There is no reigning with Christ until he returns. Scripture doesn't place the reign over the nations until after the second coming. It is scripture that you are arguing against.

The dashing to pieces is not killing people as you likely believe. It means to break up their governments and powers. The individuals are unharmed.
    Revelation 2:26-27
    26 To the one who is victorious and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations 27 that one ‘will rule them with an iron scepter and will dash them to pieces like pottery’[b]—just as I have received authority from my Father.

These verses are talking about to doing Gods will until the end of their life so they will rule and judge after they die on the judgement day

Scripture doesn't place the reign over the nations until after the second coming. It is scripture that you are arguing against.
    4 John to the seven churches that are in Asia: Grace to you and peace, from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne, 5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who loves us and released us from our sins by His blood— 6 and He has made us to be a kingdom, priests to His God and Father—to Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen. 7 Behold, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be. Amen.

Blog Entries

Revelation 2:26-27
    26 To the one who is victorious and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations 27 that one ‘will rule them with an iron scepter and will dash them to pieces like pottery’[b]—just as I have received authority from my Father.

These verses are talking about to doing Gods will until the end of their life so they will rule and judge after they die on the judgement day
    Check out my thread on page two called what and when is the thousand years it explains it all

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    4 John to the seven churches that are in Asia: Grace to you and peace, from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne, 5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who loves us and released us from our sins by His blood— 6 and He has made us to be a kingdom, priests to His God and Father—to Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen. 7 Behold, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be. Amen.
    Good verse Jeff he has made us is is past and present tense not future tense

Good verse Jeff he has made us is is past and present tense not future tense

Blog Entries

Doesn't change that the reign over the nations only begins after Jesus returns:

Rev 2:25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.
    Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
    Rev 2:27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Thread Information