Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: My coming is like Noah's day.

Blog Entries

Re: My coming is like Noah's day.

Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    But Isaiah did call it a coming and it was a coming in judgement and it is biblical
    It's not a coming of Jesus Christ so it doesn't apply to how many comings of Christ there are.

I don’t believe in a secret rapture but again coming in the is biblical
    I know you don't. You are inventing more than 2 comings like the pretribbers do the only difference is the details but anyone teaching more than two comings OF CHRIST is teaching things the bible does not.

Jesus does come down with the NJ doesn’t He?
    No. The NJ comes down in the NHNE, after all the events of Rev 20. Christ doesn't return in Rev 21, nor Rev 20...he comes in Rev 19, and is already here in both Rev 20 and 21.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
    Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Obvious this city/bride is coming to her husband not the other way around.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    He does speak of the second coming. He is speaking both to people at the time and people in the future. People that died faithful would receive the same promises as those who are alive when Christ returns. Those that are given power over the nations in verse 26 are both those that were dead and resurrected as well as those who are alive and remain at the coming of the Lord. Both are considered overcomers.
    A very true and correct interpretation of the prophecy.

Blog Entries

How can you think that Jesus refers to His coming in the very same sentence and tells the ones alive at that time to hold until His coming?

Why can’t you think that some times it is a coming in judgement like in the verse below?

Isaiah 19:1
    A prophecy against Egypt: See, the LORD rides on a swift cloud and is coming to Egypt. The idols of Egypt tremble before him, and the hearts of the Egyptians melt with fear.
    Of course, the Second coming is a judgment against the unbelievers. But it doesn't mean there won't be unbelievers left to populate the MK.

Blog Entries

Okay so what was the coming Isiah wrote about?

Coming in judgement is different from the two advents

So in your theory isn’t the time satan is cast into the lake of fire after the MK a third coming?
    Jesus returns only once. At that time, the AC+FP are defeated at Armageddon and cast into the LoF. Satan too is bound and cast into prison for 1000 years (Rev 20:2-3).

For those who think that Jesus is going to come and reign on the earth for a thousand years before Satan is released please Consider this verses below

Matthew 22:43-44
    43 He said to them, “How is it then that David, speaking by the Spirit, calls him ‘Lord’? For he says,

44 “‘The Lord said to my Lord:
    “Sit at my right hand
    until I put your enemies
    under your feet.”’[e]

How could Jesus sit on the right hand of the Father until all of his enemies are defeated if He is supposed to be on the earth (not beside the Father) before satan is defeated?
    Thanks for this post. Good point
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

I use all the passages to get the full picture. Amil only uses passages outside of Rev to establish the mistaken view that there is one day of resurrection rather than two, one day of judgment rather than two.
    Jesus said that a particular hour was coming when all in the tomb would hear his voice ……,

26 For just as the Father has life in Himself, even so He gave to the Son also to have life in Himself; 27 and He gave Him authority to execute judgment, because He is the Son of Man.
    28 Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, 29 and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

God has fixed a day (hour ) for judgment not 2 days.

You are wrong, the church did not "had all it needed to know about his coming" before receiving Rev.
    Mk 13
    20 Unless the Lord had shortened those days, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect, whom He chose, He shortened the days. 21 And then if anyone says to you, ‘Behold, here is the Christ’; or, ‘Behold, He is there’; do not believe him; 22 for false Christs and false prophets will arise, and will show signs and wonders, in order to lead astray, if possible, the elect. 23 But take heed; behold, I have told you everything in advance.

1thess 5
    Now as to the times and the epochs, brethren, you have no need of anything to be written to you. 2 For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night.

3 While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape.

4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, that the day would overtake you like a thief; 5 for you are all sons of light and sons of day. We are not of night nor of darkness; 6 so then let us not sleep as others do, but let us be alert and sober. 7 For those who sleep do their sleeping at night, and those who get drunk get drunk at night. 8 But since we are of the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet, the hope of salvation.

9 For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 who died for us, so that whether we are awake or asleep, we will live together with Him. 11 Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, just as you also are doing.

1Thess 4
    15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    What of their eschatology at that time? Paul wrote to the Thessalonians that nothing extra needed to be written to them in the 50'S AD...., before Revelation.

So what of those many NT passages outside Rev 20 lends support to your premill theory.

As you said we read all the passages to get the clearest picture
    Bump…………………………….

Blog Entries

Jesus said that a particular hour was coming when all in the tomb would hear his voice ……,

26 For just as the Father has life in Himself, even so He gave to the Son also to have life in Himself; 27 and He gave Him authority to execute judgment, because He is the Son of Man.
    28 Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, 29 and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

God has fixed a day (hour ) for judgment not 2 days.
    Hour means time, there is a time when the saved dead will hear his voice as well as a time the unsaved dead will hear. Go to Rev 20 and you will find the saved are resurrected first, and the unsaved at another time. "the rest of the dead lived not until the thousand years ended". That proves there is a gap of time inbetween that no other passage mentions. Either you reject what Rev says or you must accept it and understand the other passages intentionally don't get into the duration of the gap between resurrections.

Mk 13
    20 Unless the Lord had shortened those days, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect, whom He chose, He shortened the days. 21 And then if anyone says to you, ‘Behold, here is the Christ’; or, ‘Behold, He is there’; do not believe him; 22 for false Christs and false prophets will arise, and will show signs and wonders, in order to lead astray, if possible, the elect. 23 But take heed; behold, I have told you everything in advance.

1thess 5
    Now as to the times and the epochs, brethren, you have no need of anything to be written to you. 2 For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night.

3 While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape.

4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, that the day would overtake you like a thief; 5 for you are all sons of light and sons of day. We are not of night nor of darkness; 6 so then let us not sleep as others do, but let us be alert and sober. 7 For those who sleep do their sleeping at night, and those who get drunk get drunk at night. 8 But since we are of the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet, the hope of salvation.

9 For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 who died for us, so that whether we are awake or asleep, we will live together with Him. 11 Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, just as you also are doing.

1Thess 4
    15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.
    None of those passages support dismissing the details Rev 20 gives showing two days of judging and resurrection.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Blog Entries

Hour means time, there is a time when the saved dead will hear his voice as well as a time the unsaved dead will hear. Go to Rev 20 and you will find the saved are resurrected first, and the unsaved at another time. "the rest of the dead lived not until the thousand years ended". That proves there is a gap of time inbetween that no other passage mentions. Either you reject what Rev says or you must accept it and understand the other passages intentionally don't get into the duration of the gap between resurrections.
    You are absolutely correct. For example, John 5:28-29 and Dan 12:1-2 just spoke about the resurrections but didn't go into the timeline. But 1 Thess 5:16 and Rev 20 explains that 1000 years will separate the resurrection of the church from that of the wicked.

Hour means time, there is a time when the saved dead will hear his voice as well as a time the unsaved dead will hear.
    That is 2 different hours

8 Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, 29 and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

All hear his voice at that hour and receive either a resurrection of life or a resurrection of judgment.

None of those passages support dismissing the details Rev 20 gives showing two days of judging and resurrection.

Those passages cause me to dismiss your interpretation of Rev 20..

Can you or anyone else address post 292 ?

Blog Entries

That is 2 different hours
    Yes it is and it matches the eye witness account by John of the two different times there are resurrections.

8 Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, 29 and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life,
    That's the first resurrection but there is another just as Rev 20 says. This passage simply doesn't say how much time is inbetween the two but Rev 20 is an eyewitness account and John saw a thousand years before the last resurrection occurs.

those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.
    That's number 2 yet Amil concludes there is one time when all dead are resurrected but not here and not in Rev 20.

All hear his voice at that hour and receive either a resurrection of life or a resurrection of judgment.

All it says is there is a time for a resurrection of life and a time for a resurrection of judgment.

Those passages cause me to dismiss your interpretation of Rev 20..
    I haven't given an interpretation of Rev 20, but just what Rev gives to us all.

Can you or anyone else address post 292 ?
    I did in a previous post, the first time you posted it before 292.

Yes it is and it matches the eye witness account by John of the two different times there are resurrections.
    I believe it matches what John previously taught in his Gospel.

Jn 5

24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

25 Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live. 26 For just as the Father has life in Himself, even so He gave to the Son also to have life in Himself; 27 and He gave Him authority to execute judgment, because He is the Son of Man.

Rev 20
    6 Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years.

The time now is for not coming into the judgment of the second death thanks to the resurrection of Jesus.

Blog Entries

I believe it matches what John previously taught in his Gospel.

Jn 5

24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

25 Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live. 26 For just as the Father has life in Himself, even so He gave to the Son also to have life in Himself; 27 and He gave Him authority to execute judgment, because He is the Son of Man.

That doesn't contradict anything John wrote in Rev.

The time now is for not coming into the judgment of the second death thanks to the resurrection of Jesus.
    It isn't final and completed until the resurrection of life. "Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power" The first resurrection here is about the first of two groups of dead people resurrecting back to life.

It isn't final and completed until the resurrection of life. "Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power" The first resurrection here is about the first of two groups of dead people resurrecting back to life.
    Does the second death have power over you now Bro ?

Blog Entries

Does the second death have power over you now Bro ?
    If I become an Apostate it will on judgment day. If I remain faithful, then when I am resurrected it will not have any power over me.

Thread Information