Thread: I live in fear please pray for me

I live in fear please pray for me

Ever since I was as young as I can remember Iíve always gotten nightmares very easily. Not only have I gotten nightmares from stories or movies or a TV show but Iíve had nightmares from songs or words people have said.

Iíve always had an overactive imagination. Most of the time itís a gift thatís very handy and Iím thankful for it but sometimes I wish I didnít have any imagination because I get horrible nightmares from the smallest of things.

Sometimes after a nightmare when I wake up I can still hear and see things from the nightmare when Iím awake clearly as if they were real. These nightmares or night terrors I should say arenít just one night and then itís over. I can get them for weeks or even months on end without relief.

Itís also getting worse as Iím getting older. Before when I was younger all I had to do to avoid nightmares was just avoid scary movies, shows, and stories. Easy enough to do and I donít mind that. Thing is as Iím getting older Iím getting night terrors and panic and anxiety attacks way more often and way more easily then I used to. Now I have to avoid certain music, certain songs. I canít watch or read or listen to any news at all anymore, and I have to be so much more careful with what I watch or listen to now even if itís not intended to be scary. Like the other day, I was watching Aerial Britain and they were showing the most beautiful Aerial views and talking about the history of Britain I was enjoying it but I had to mute it for a couple of minutes while they talked about Brahm Stoker and his inspiration for Dracula. I couldnít listen to it because I knew if I did (though I know vampires are all fiction) that it could still give me a panic or anxiety attack or a night terror.

Iím tired of this. Iím tired of living in fear of what I may see or hear for fear itís going to scare me so bad Iíll be sitting in a rocking chair rocking back and forth staring at a wall humming to myself. For fear that Iíll get night terrors for months and months on end. I donít want to live in fear any more Iím tired of it. Iím almost afraid of reading or watching or listening to anything at all anymore because I fear how itíll affect me and I donít want to live like this anymore. Avoiding horror movies is one thing that I can accept but I donít want to live in fear of day to day life.

Please pray that GOD will help me to conquer fear and that Heíll protect me from all nightmares and night terrors.

Blog Entries

Re: I live in fear please pray for me

I've prayed for you Jenny. Fear like you describe is the devil wanting you to be weak. I know --- boy, do I know. Crippling fear is part of the anxiety I have.

Trust God - pray to him. Read the Bible. Quote the Bible. Sing to God. Fall on him. Tell him what you tell us here.

You'll be in my prayers still.
    ".....it's your nickel"

The beautiful farm in the center of heaven!
    Blog Entries

I feel you Jenny! I went through an awful period for just a few short miserable years. I became afraid of everything. Turned out it was all based on the lies the devil has me believing about God. Next time you're art church, ask folks there to pray over you. Do you pray OUTLOUD or read scripture out loud? Do you make a habit of listening to praise music and singing it out loud in your home? Do you fast? These are all weapons of warfare that God has given us.
    The devil uses fear to cripple God's children. Every time you avoid something that causes you to have bad dreams, you're in essence saying "I'm afraid of that thing". That's fear and you're responding in fear...giving that thing power over you. The devil is having party in your head honey. Stop submitting to him. Speak out with the word of God. God's words in our mouths have a lot more power than you realize. God's "Word s" weren't meant to be silent. When He spoke into the darkness and called forth Light, the darkness fled away.

I feel you Jenny! I went through an awful period for just a few short miserable years. I became afraid of everything. Turned out it was all based on the lies the devil has me believing about God. Next time you're art church, ask folks there to pray over you. Do you pray OUTLOUD or read scripture out loud? Do you make a habit of listening to praise music and singing it out loud in your home? Do you fast? These are all weapons of warfare that God has given us.
    The devil uses fear to cripple God's children. Every time you avoid something that causes you to have bad dreams, you're in essence saying "I'm afraid of that thing". That's fear and you're responding in fear...giving that thing power over you. The devil is having party in your head honey. Stop submitting to him. Speak out with the word of God. God's words in our mouths have a lot more power than you realize. God's "Word s" weren't meant to be silent. When He spoke into the darkness and called forth Light, the darkness fled away.
    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Blog Entries

I have had problems with fear and this is one of my go to bible verses .
    2 Timothy 1:7
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

I will be praying for you .

A song for you Jenny

https://youtu.be/1T2tMt0Ky6g

A song for you Jenny

https://youtu.be/1T2tMt0Ky6g
    Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.Matt 5:6

I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. John 13:15

Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
    And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
    Matt 25:46

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith,
    and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
    1 Tim 6:10

Thread Information