Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Why is only satan bound for 1000 years?

Re: Why is only satan bound for 1000 years?

Quote Originally Posted by journeyman View Post
    People don't see sin as bondage.

So, in the following verses [parallel Rev19:19,21/16:14-16/20:5]...

21 In that day the LORD will punish
    the host of heaven above [host of the high ones that are on high]
    and the kings of the earth below [/on the earth].

22 They will be gathered together
    like prisoners in a pit.
    They will be confined to a dungeon [/prison]
    and punished after many days

...is unnecessary because people are already "imprisoned" (in the manner spoken of in this passage [and its parallel])??

Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    Nope, you have it backwards.
    It states, Christ is raised, the us, then comes the end, which IS the time when Her has put down all authority etc.
    The end, then means the end of that age and the START of eternity.
    The end itself is NOT eternity.
    Christ is NOT reigning now.

I also note you didn't respond to what Rev 11 states:
    Rev 11:15* Then the seventh angel blew his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, saying, “The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he shall reign forever and ever.”*
    Rev 11:16* And the twenty-four elders who sit on their thrones before God fell on their faces and worshiped God,*
    Rev 11:17* saying, “We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty, who is and who was, for you have taken your great power and begun to reign.
    Rev 11:15-17 is referring to the end of time. It says in the voice of the 7th angel as he begins to sound that the mystery of God should be finished. Finished means finished and does not mean to continue on for another span of time. Everything is unfolding at this point. It says this clearly in the previous chapter when the Lord swares by him that liveth forever that time shall be no longer. When he says, "time shall be no longer". Then that's means time shall be no longer. "Period!

Rev 10:
    6 And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:
    7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

The 7th trumpet unlocks the 7 vials of the final destruction.

So, this is it my friend and the end of his reign.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TMarcum View Post
    Rev 11:15-17 is referring to the end of time. It says in the voice of the 7th angel as he begins to sound that the mystery of God should be finished. Finished means finished and does not mean to continue on for another span of time. Everything is unfolding at this point. It says this clearly in the previous chapter when the Lord swares by him that liveth forever that time shall be no longer. When he says, "time shall be no longer". Then that's means time shall be no longer. "Period!
    A lot of people misunderstand that phrase. It does NOT mean that time no longer exists, but rather means that there is no more time before these things happen.

Rev 10:
    6 And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:
    7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

The 7th trumpet unlocks the 7 vials of the final destruction.

So, this is it my friend and the end of his reign.
    Nope, His reign is NOT ending with the 7th trumpet, but it is STARTING. This is very clear. However as you rely on the KJV it makes sense why you are confused.
    The mystery being finished means that those things which are a mystery are now revealed, one is the beast, another is Jesus as Messiah and King.

A lot of people misunderstand that phrase. It does NOT mean that time no longer exists, but rather means that there is no more time before these things happen.
    It says what it says. We can say anything means anything. But lets stick to what it actually says.

Nope, His reign is NOT ending with the 7th trumpet, but it is STARTING. This is very clear. However as you rely on the KJV it makes sense why you are confused.
    The mystery being finished means that those things which are a mystery are now revealed, one is the beast, another is Jesus as Messiah and King.

Welll, the text says the mystery should be finished and not just starting, as we know that there will be 42 months of lies and deception by the beast. So you are going to have to rethink this and probably should start reading the KJV instead of what you are reading.

Rev 10:7
    But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

And regarding Jesus as Messiah and King. Jesus "is" the Messiah and King and not is going to be some day later in the future. Jesus was "born" King of the Jews. The wise men understood this, so I don't see why you are having such difficulty comprehending it.

Matthew 2
    1 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,
    2 Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

Blog Entries

It says what it says. We can say anything means anything. But lets stick to what it actually says.
    Yes it does indeed say what it says:
    Rev 10:6* and swore by him who lives forever and ever, who created heaven and what is in it, the earth and what is in it, and the sea and what is in it, that there would be no more delay,

I am highlighting that the KJV seems to suggest something whihc CONTEXTUALLY is an incorrect understanding. Mainly because people don't speak KJVese any more.
    If you noted the colon you should understand twhat follows the colon expands or explains what was before it:
    A colon means "that is to say" or "here's what I mean."

And what is following the colon?:
    Rev 10:7* But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

So this does NOT mean that time itself ends.
    I ALWAYS seek to follow EXACTLY what it says.

Welll, the text says the mystery should be finished and not just starting, as we know that there will be 42 months of lies and deception by the beast. So you are going to have to rethink this and probably should start reading the KJV instead of what you are reading.

Rev 10:7
    But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.
    Yes the mystery is finished. Who for? For those who pay attention to the prophets.
    The mystery is WHO and WHEN. This is a mystery RIGHT NOW, so the mystery has started, so your idea that somehow a mystery starts is incorrect.
    However when the 7th trumpet is blowing THEN the WHO and the WHEN are BOTH known and the mystery is over.

And regarding Jesus as Messiah and King. Jesus "is" the Messiah and King and not is going to be some day later in the future. Jesus was "born" King of the Jews. The wise men understood this, so I don't see why you are having such difficulty comprehending it.
    Matthew 2
    1 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,
    2 Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.
    Sorry, but Jesus is NOT yet king. If you pay attention to what is stated by the Wise Men, they are NOT declaring that a baby is ruling, but rather that the baby is one who WILL rule. This is simply how language is used. Where is the child born king of England, well when Prince Charles was born that was referring to him.

Perhaps an understanding about inheritance might help you.
    Mat 21:38* But when the tenants saw the son, they said to themselves, ‘This is the heir. Come, let us kill him and have his inheritance.’*

Gal 4:1* I mean that the heir, as long as he is a child, is no different from a slave, though he is the owner of everything,*
    Gal 4:2* but he is under guardians and managers until the date set by his father.

Note it is UNTIL the date set by His Father. A date which while Jesus was on earth He did NOT know, ONLY the Father knew.

Heb 1:2* but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world.*
    Heb 1:3* He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,*
    Heb 1:4* having become as much superior to angels as the name he has inherited is more excellent than theirs.*

Note Jesus is at the right hand of the Father. He is the heir.

Also note this:
    Heb 1:13* And to which of the angels has he ever said, “Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet”

You see the Father is making Jesus' enemies his footstool THEN Jesus will no longer be at the right hand, but will take His inheritance and be known as King of Kings.

Yes it does indeed say what it says:
    Rev 10:6* and swore by him who lives forever and ever, who created heaven and what is in it, the earth and what is in it, and the sea and what is in it, that there would be no more delay,

I am highlighting that the KJV seems to suggest something whihc CONTEXTUALLY is an incorrect understanding. Mainly because people don't speak KJVese any more.
    If you noted the colon you should understand twhat follows the colon expands or explains what was before it:
    A colon means "that is to say" or "here's what I mean."

And what is following the colon?:
    Rev 10:7* But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

So this does NOT mean that time itself ends.
    I ALWAYS seek to follow EXACTLY what it says.

Yes the mystery is finished. Who for? For those who pay attention to the prophets.
    The mystery is WHO and WHEN. This is a mystery RIGHT NOW, so the mystery has started, so your idea that somehow a mystery starts is incorrect.
    However when the 7th trumpet is blowing THEN the WHO and the WHEN are BOTH known and the mystery is over.

Sorry, but Jesus is NOT yet king. If you pay attention to what is stated by the Wise Men, they are NOT declaring that a baby is ruling, but rather that the baby is one who WILL rule. This is simply how language is used. Where is the child born king of England, well when Prince Charles was born that was referring to him.

Perhaps an understanding about inheritance might help you.
    Mat 21:38* But when the tenants saw the son, they said to themselves, ‘This is the heir. Come, let us kill him and have his inheritance.’*

Gal 4:1* I mean that the heir, as long as he is a child, is no different from a slave, though he is the owner of everything,*
    Gal 4:2* but he is under guardians and managers until the date set by his father.

Note it is UNTIL the date set by His Father. A date which while Jesus was on earth He did NOT know, ONLY the Father knew.

Heb 1:2* but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world.*
    Heb 1:3* He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,*
    Heb 1:4* having become as much superior to angels as the name he has inherited is more excellent than theirs.*

Note Jesus is at the right hand of the Father. He is the heir.

Also note this:
    Heb 1:13* And to which of the angels has he ever said, “Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet”

You see the Father is making Jesus' enemies his footstool THEN Jesus will no longer be at the right hand, but will take His inheritance and be known as King of Kings.
    I find it very difficult to have a discussion with you because you do not accept what the Word of God says. But rather, attempt to make your own interpretation of the scriptures. Saying it really means is this, or it really means that.

So for now, we will continue to agree to disagree.

Blog Entries

It is worth considering here that the serpent/dragon isn't describing the angelic entity himself, but all forms of deception and wickedness, which is even in the hearts of men. Satan merely acts as a tempter, he latches onto the in born sin and amplifies it.

I actually believe that the red dragon is related to this inborn sin. This will be suppressed in the millennial kingdom by a turn of the tide of teaching and worship which will focus truly on Christ. At first, at the second coming, things will be very harsh, there will be an apocalypse and many people will fight against Christ and die. Many will obey, but reluctantly. In time, the evil in mankind will abate under the regime of Christ, but it will be due to his "iron scepter". It will be very heavy handed, there will not be liberty to sin. When mankind has "unlearned" sin, and with new first hand exposure to the risen Christ, after a long time symbolized by 1000 years, Christ will allow liberty... and the free will of man's sinful heart will be allowed to sin, and a rebellion will ensue. Just like the satanic rebellion of heaven. Free will creatures will have the choice to resist or follow Christ with full knowledge of the good and evil that results. Those who love the lord will remain with him, but even in the Lord's presence, many will rebel and wage war, create new lies..... which is what is represented by the red dragon.
    As the "thief" in the night, Christ is going to suddenly appear on the throne of Israel - not the antichrist.

Blog Entries

I find it very difficult to have a discussion with you because you do not accept what the Word of God says. But rather, attempt to make your own interpretation of the scriptures. Saying it really means is this, or it really means that.

So for now, we will continue to agree to disagree.
    I DO accept what the Word of God states.
    What I don;t accept is YOUR interpretation of it.
    However I give clear reasoning WHY I disagree, in order that any scripture that I have quoted you can come back and say why MY understanding of it is wrong.
    But if you don't wish to deal with the points I have made then we will continue to disagree.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    It is the message of revelation chapter 20 that matters not the minor details and the message is that the great chain (the power of the gospel) is what binds satan from deceiving the nations as the gospel reveals who Jesus is and that He saves.
    No scripture states the chain represents the gospel. All it gives us is the chain is something wrapped around Satan before he is cast into a pit that is locked and then there is a seal placed. It is layers of security and bondage that imprisons and controls satan fully in a physical and spiritual sense. It's the same for his fallen angel who are like wise incapacitated.

Jud_1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

It's like being in prison, in the "hole" kept in the most secure environment for a dangerous criminal. The gospel is not keeping these angels in the pit nor is it the gospel that binds Satan physically when he is in the pit.

The gospel is not a chain, bottomless pit, lock or seal where Satan and evil angels are kept.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDivineWatermark View Post
    So, in the following verses [parallel Rev19:19,21/16:14-16/20:5]...

21 In that day the LORD will punish
    the host of heaven above [host of the high ones that are on high]
    and the kings of the earth below [/on the earth].

22 They will be gathered together
    like prisoners in a pit.
    They will be confined to a dungeon [/prison]
    and punished after many days

...is unnecessary because people are already "imprisoned" (in the manner spoken of in this passage [and its parallel])??
    What day are the kings imprisoned with along with fallen spirits?
    Read Isa.24 with the mind of Christ from the beginning. How is the earth made empty and turned upside down? Why is there no distinction between people? Etc.

TDW, try it this way----> Isa.24:17-18 = Mt.16:25.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheDivineWatermark View Post
    It comes across to me as though you haven't cast so much as a glance toward the Acts 3:12-26 passage I pointed out (alongside what I pointed out about it).
    Sorry maybe itís just me but get confused reading some of your post so not sure exactly what you are saying but you did post that Jesus was born king

Blog Entries

So He was ALREADY reigning and left His throne...

Actually has NOTHING to do with sinners recognising it.
    God reigns over the earth, but this is as the Father NOT as the Son.
    Also His reign is from heaven and NOT on the earth.
    There will be changes with the NHNE.
    Actually Jesus reigns over the earth

Revelation 3:14
    ďTo the angel of the church in Laodicea write:

These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of Godís creation.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aijalon View Post
    It is worth considering here that the serpent/dragon isn't describing the angelic entity himself, but all forms of deception and wickedness, which is even in the hearts of men. Satan merely acts as a tempter, he latches onto the in born sin and amplifies it.

I actually believe that the red dragon is related to this inborn sin. This will be suppressed in the millennial kingdom by a turn of the tide of teaching and worship which will focus truly on Christ. At first, at the second coming, things will be very harsh, there will be an apocalypse and many people will fight against Christ and die. Many will obey, but reluctantly. In time, the evil in mankind will abate under the regime of Christ, but it will be due to his "iron scepter". It will be very heavy handed, there will not be liberty to sin. When mankind has "unlearned" sin, and with new first hand exposure to the risen Christ, after a long time symbolized by 1000 years, Christ will allow liberty... and the free will of man's sinful heart will be allowed to sin, and a rebellion will ensue. Just like the satanic rebellion of heaven. Free will creatures will have the choice to resist or follow Christ with full knowledge of the good and evil that results. Those who love the lord will remain with him, but even in the Lord's presence, many will rebel and wage war, create new lies..... which is what is represented by the red dragon.
    The serpent is a reference to satan in the garden of eden it ties the two together

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    Actually Jesus reigns over the earth

Revelation 3:14
    “To the angel of the church in Laodicea write:

These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation.
    Heb 2:7 Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands:
    Heb 2:8 Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.

Even by the time of Hebrews, not all things were under Christ. It is still that way today. The nations are not under Christ's rule yet. That only happens after he returns as per the end of Rev 2.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Thread Information