Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Why is only satan bound for 1000 years?

Blog Entries

Re: Why is only satan bound for 1000 years?

Revelation 20:1-3
    And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. 2 He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3 He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time.

Luke 8:26-33
    26 They sailed to the region of the Gerasenes,[b] which is across the lake from Galilee. 27 When Jesus stepped ashore, he was met by a demon-possessed man from the town. For a long time this man had not worn clothes or lived in a house, but had lived in the tombs. 28 When he saw Jesus, he cried out and fell at his feet, shouting at the top of his voice, “What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg you, don’t torture me!” 29 For Jesus had commanded the impure spirit to come out of the man. Many times it had seized him, and though he was chained hand and foot and kept under guard, he had broken his chains and had been driven by the demon into solitary places.

30 Jesus asked him, “What is your name?”

“Legion,” he replied, because many demons had gone into him. 31 And they begged Jesus repeatedly not to order them to go into the Abyss.

32 A large herd of pigs was feeding there on the hillside. The demons begged Jesus to let them go into the pigs, and he gave them permission. 33 When the demons came out of the man, they went into the pigs, and the herd rushed down the steep bank into the lake and was drowned.

I think that this event can shed some light on revelation chapter 20 and that it is no coincidence that it is in the bible. Both stories mention demons chains and the abyss

Literal chains couldn’t bind these demons when they were in a human body and all Jesus had to do was order them into the abyss. Jesus didn’t need to literally seize them bind them with a literal chain throw them into the abyss then lock and seal it as they can’t get out of the abyss anyway

Jesus word has authority and the great chain is a symbol of the great gospel power. Because of the gospel message Jesus Entered the strong mans house bound him and then took his plunder the lost souls

Revelation 20:1-3
    And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. 2 He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3 He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time.

Luke 8:26-33
    26 They sailed to the region of the Gerasenes,[b] which is across the lake from Galilee. 27 When Jesus stepped ashore, he was met by a demon-possessed man from the town. For a long time this man had not worn clothes or lived in a house, but had lived in the tombs. 28 When he saw Jesus, he cried out and fell at his feet, shouting at the top of his voice, “What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg you, don’t torture me!” 29 For Jesus had commanded the impure spirit to come out of the man. Many times it had seized him, and though he was chained hand and foot and kept under guard, he had broken his chains and had been driven by the demon into solitary places.

30 Jesus asked him, “What is your name?”

“Legion,” he replied, because many demons had gone into him. 31 And they begged Jesus repeatedly not to order them to go into the Abyss.

32 A large herd of pigs was feeding there on the hillside. The demons begged Jesus to let them go into the pigs, and he gave them permission. 33 When the demons came out of the man, they went into the pigs, and the herd rushed down the steep bank into the lake and was drowned.

I think that this event can shed some light on revelation chapter 20 and that it is no coincidence that it is in the bible. Both stories mention demons chains and the abyss

Literal chains couldn’t bind these demons when they were in a human body and all Jesus had to do was order them into the abyss. Jesus didn’t need to literally seize them bind them with a literal chain throw them into the abyss then lock and seal it as they can’t get out of the abyss anyway

Jesus word has authority and the great chain is a symbol of the great gospel power. Because of the gospel message Jesus Entered the strong mans house bound him and then took his plunder the lost souls

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    Jesus word has authority and the great chain is a symbol of the great gospel power.
    The gospel is forever. The chain that binds Satan while he is imprisoned is temporary. The chain also does not bind Satan until an angel comes down to bind and imprison Satan. Since the cross until Rev 20, Satan was unaffected by the chain so it cannot represent the gospel else Satan would have always been bound with this chain. Satan will also be released from his prison and this chain.

The chain isn't an iron chain but God uses the imagery of a chain to denote that this "chain" physically and non-physically incapacitates satan.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    Heb 2:7 Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands:
    Heb 2:8 Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.

Even by the time of Hebrews, not all things were under Christ. It is still that way today. The nations are not under Christ's rule yet. That only happens after he returns as per the end of Rev 2.
    The verses you provided are about man Jesus doesn’t come into it until verse 9

Blog Entries

The gospel is forever. The chain that binds Satan while he is imprisoned is temporary. The chain also does not bind Satan until an angel comes down to bind and imprison Satan. Since the cross until Rev 20, Satan was unaffected by the chain so it cannot represent the gospel else Satan would have always been bound with this chain. Satan will also be released from his prison and this chain.

The chain isn't an iron chain but God uses the imagery of a chain to denote that this "chain" physically and non-physically incapacitates satan.
    Unless rev 20 happened at the cross

Blog Entries

The verses you provided are about man Jesus doesn’t come into it until verse 9
    Yeah you are correct on that. Still, doesn't change when the rod of iron rule over the nations starts as per Rev 2.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Blog Entries

In Rev 20 the beast and FP are already in the LOF, which happens in Rev 19 which depicts the second coming so Rev 19-20 starts at the second coming not the cross.

Blog Entries

In Rev 20 the beast and FP are already in the LOF, which happens in Rev 19 which depicts the second coming so Rev 19-20 starts at the second coming not the cross.
    I don’t think that it’s chronological

Blog Entries

I just showed why and how it is chronological. When the FP and beast first go into the LOF and when Satan later goes there we are told the FP and beast were already there shows chronology between the events of Rev 19 and 20.

Blog Entries

I just showed why and how it is chronological. When the FP and beast first go into the LOF and when Satan later goes there we are told the FP and beast were already there shows chronology between the events of Rev 19 and 20.
    I believe that Rev 19 happens during the thousand years

Blog Entries

How? Jesus reigns with his saints during the thousand years yet in Rev 19 he is returning from heaven for the second time and the thousand years hasn't even started yet. Belief is the number one enemy to what scripture presents. Our beliefs must match the scriptures not be different than what the scriptures present.

Blog Entries

I believe that Rev 19 happens during the thousand years.
    Marty,

Regardless of the millennial timing debate, it is unquestionable that the reign of the saints WITH Christ happens during the thousand years. Daniel 7 states that the reign of the saints WITH Christ only happens AFTER the “Beast with 10 Horns” is destroyed.

This harmony of scripture makes your interpretation impossible and it demands that Revelation 19 and 20 are chronological. This is because chapter 19 shows the Beast being destroyed followed by chapter 20 showing the reign of the saints WITH Christ.

Therefore, Rev 19-20 shows the SAME PATTERN as Daniel 7 requiring that the events of Rev 19 are just PRIOR to the thousand years and not during them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Beginner View Post
    Marty,

Regardless of the millennial timing debate, it is unquestionable that the reign of the saints WITH Christ happens during the thousand years. Daniel 7 states that the reign of the saints WITH Christ only happens AFTER the “Beast with 10 Horns” is destroyed.

This harmony of scripture makes your interpretation impossible and it demands that Revelation 19 and 20 are chronological. This is because chapter 19 shows the Beast being destroyed followed by chapter 20 showing the reign of the saints WITH Christ.

Therefore, Rev 19-20 shows the SAME PATTERN as Daniel 7 requiring that the events of Rev 19 are just PRIOR to the thousand years and not during them.
    You are assuming that the beast in Daniel is the same as revelations beast more do but some don’t including me

Blog Entries

It is IMPOSSIBLE for Rev 20 to happen at the cross.
    Why do I state this so assuredly?

Rev 20:4* Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

AT the cross NO ONE had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus. The first person we know of who was probably beheaded was possibly James, the brother of John, in Acts 12:2. Tradition holds this view though the actual words don;t directly state it.
    Therefore there is NO ONE to be resurrected AT the cross.
    This clearly is a statement referring to a time AFTER the cross.

What I think you are wanting to claim is that Rev 20:1 happens at the cross. However again this is CLEARLY wrong as we KNOW 100% from Rev 12 HOW Satan is defeated:
    Rev 12:11* And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death.

It requires the cross AND the word of testimony, even under persecution.
    So this again speaks of at the earliest the martyrdom of Stephen.

There is NOTHING in Rev 20 to suggest this event happens AT the cross, and various things which demonstrate it is a lot later.

Blog Entries

Actually Jesus reigns over the earth

Revelation 3:14
    “To the angel of the church in Laodicea write:

These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation.
    I don't know what translation you got that from but the words in the KJV are:
    Rev 3:14* And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;*

The word is Greek is:
    ἀρχή
    archē
    beginning, origin

Now it does mean first, such as we use in archangel, or archbishop, but it does NOT mean by itself ruler.
    This is speaking of Jesus being the author of the world and is used in contrast of His works, with their works.

Blog Entries

You are assuming that the beast in Daniel is the same as revelations beast more do but some don’t including me
    Please explain scriptural why the Beast with 10 Horns (Dan 7) is NOT the same as the Beast with 10 Horns? (Rev).

Is the reign of the saints with Chris the same in Dan 7 as the reign with Christ in Rev 20 in your opinion? Is so, then why not the Beast?

THE BEAST IN DANIEL IS THE SAME AS IN REVELATION:

1. Both Revelation and Daniel say Beast comes out of the sea

Dan 7:3 "And four great beasts came up from the sea, each different from the other.

Rev 13:1 Then I stood on the sand of the sea. And I saw a beast rising up out of the sea,...

2. Both Revelation and Daniel say the Beast has 10 horns.

Dan 7:7 It was different from all the beasts that were before it, and it had ten horns.

Rev 17:16 And the ten horns which you saw on the beast,

3. Both Daniel and Revelation say the Beast rules for 3.5 years and persecutes the saints.

Dan 7:25 Then the saints shall be given into his hand For a time and times and half a time.

Rev 13:5 ... he was given authority to continue for forty-two months. 6 Then he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, ...7 It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. ...

4. Both Daniel and Revleation say the Beast "speaks" blasphemy against the Lord

Dan 7:25 'He will speak out against the Most High

Rev 13:5 And he was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies,

5. Both Daniel and Revelation say that when the beast is destroyed the "Kingdom's of this world" are given to Christ and "He reigns forever and ever"

Dan 7:27 Then the kingdom and dominion, And the greatness of the kingdoms under the whole heaven, Shall be given to the people, the saints of the Most High. His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, And all dominions shall serve and obey Him.'

Rev 11:15 Then the seventh angel sounded: And there were loud voices in heaven, saying, "The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!"

6. Lastly, both Daniel and Revelation, the Saints only rule WITH CHRIST once this Beast is destroyed.

Thread Information