Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What happens to the devil at the end..

Re: What happens to the devil at the end..

Quote Originally Posted by journeyman View Post
    It's not a matter of what people think is just. It's what God thinks is just. No one is everlasting of himself.

No it doesn't. In Lk.13:1-9, Jesus taught that if people don't repent, their lives will end, not continue to exist.

God does kill sinners to save other sinners from what we've done wrong
    (2Pet.2:4-6).

Throughout this thread, I've compared scriptures which describe the presence of God, the appearance of Jesus glorified, as a destructive lake of fire to the ungodly.

If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
    1Cor.3:15

In the above passage, I was taught that this is not the "great white throne judgment ". I was told the judgment seat of Christ is only for believers and only works are subjected to fire. I don't believe that's true. I think Paul is saying people will be subjected to the same fire as there works and might have the same result as wood, hay and stubble.
    You're certainly entitled to your opinion. The Lake of Fire is indeed the passage way to eternity for the ungodly. It removes them from the new Eden, because they refused to receive the righteousness that will be there. All causes of sin will be burned with fire, both believers and unbelievers, because God wants no sin on the New Earth. Believers will have some of what they've done destroyed. But true works from Christ will be established as a permanent memorial in our name, if we obey God's word.

All the people saved today are an eternal memorial to saints who have gone before, who have obeyed God and prepared the way for this to happen. Many may have thought they contributed, but actually did not. Even religious works have no merit if they are not coupled with obedience to God's word.

People have to hear God, in their conscience, and they have to obey that voice in order to establish their works for eternity. Those who do not live for God will have no works to remain in eternity, though they themselves may be saved.

I do believe the unrighteous will be quarantined somewhere for all eternity, and have a life there. I don't believe they will be tortured for all eternity, since God doesn't torture anyone. But certainly remorse for having done wrong is a real emotion that must endure forever for those who refused to obey God.

Surely they did some things right, which will ameliorate their anguish. There are greater and lesser punishments. But life is an eternal gift, given to all. Sorry, I can't agree with you that the wicked do any more than perish in this world. They suffer a fate in the world afterwards, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Walls View Post
    My answer was in response to your statement that Lake of Fire is not an ongoing suffering but the terror of the Lord's presence. I showed that John, in good standing with the Lord, was terrified almost unto death by the presence of the Lord. The content of your answer might be interesting to discuss, but has nothing to do with the Lake of Fire being the presence of the unrepentant before the Lord. Maybe you would like to comment of John's terror.
    I already commented on it. John's fear could be compared to how Daniel fainted at Gabriel's presence. Those visions aren't the same as judgment day when the saved are transformed.

Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord 2Cor.5:11

Paul was speaking of facing Jesus in judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    You're certainly entitled to your opinion. The Lake of Fire is indeed the passage way to eternity for the ungodly. It removes them from the new Eden, because they refused to receive the righteousness that will be there. All causes of sin will be burned with fire, both believers and unbelievers, because God wants no sin on the New Earth. Believers will have some of what they've done destroyed. But true works from Christ will be established as a permanent memorial in our name, if we obey God's word.

All the people saved today are an eternal memorial to saints who have gone before, who have obeyed God and prepared the way for this to happen. Many may have thought they contributed, but actually did not. Even religious works have no merit if they are not coupled with obedience to God's word.

People have to hear God, in their conscience, and they have to obey that voice in order to establish their works for eternity. Those who do not live for God will have no works to remain in eternity, though they themselves may be saved.

I do believe the unrighteous will be quarantined somewhere for all eternity, and have a life there. I don't believe they will be tortured for all eternity, since God doesn't torture anyone. But certainly remorse for having done wrong is a real emotion that must endure forever for those who refused to obey God.

Surely they did some things right, which will ameliorate their anguish. There are greater and lesser punishments. But life is an eternal gift, given to all. Sorry, I can't agree with you that the wicked do any more than perish in this world. They suffer a fate in the world afterwards, as well.
    Just to be clear, I never said the wicked don't suffer in this world. I'm certain the unsaved have a distorted view of life. I'm sure many believers do also. The peace Jesus gives leaves no doubt about it.

Thread Information