Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Clarification needed: The GT mentioned in Rev 7 is NOT the same as in Matt 24

Re: Clarification needed: The GT mentioned in Rev 7 is NOT the same as in Matt 24

Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    It isn't a secret. They know he is coming and that is his day of wrath and they are afraid, shown in seal 6 and that's when the wrath begins:

Rev 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
    Rev 6:13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
    Rev 6:14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
    Rev 6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
    Rev 6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
    Rev 6:17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?
    Wouldn't the great day be the last day of his wrath? The time when hail comes? The time of the 7th vial?
    Rev 16:21 "And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great."

Rev 16:12 "And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared."
    Rev 16:15 "Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame."

15 is merely a reminder that he will surprise the unbelieving world when he returns not that he hadn't already arrived in the context of verse 12.
    This doesn't seem likely to me.

Blog Entries

Re: Clarification needed: The GT mentioned in Rev 7 is NOT the same as in Matt 24

Quote Originally Posted by 6paths View Post
    Wouldn't the great day be the last day of his wrath? The time when hail comes? The time of the 7th vial?
    It would be the first day. As far as I know there is only one day the wrath comes within but I suppose it could take more than a day.

This doesn't seem likely to me.
    Rev 16:15 "Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame."

So you think this verse means Christ is saying he is returning right there in the context of those passages?
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

It would be the first day. As far as I know there is only one day the wrath comes within but I suppose it could take more than a day.
    Consider John 7:37 "In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink."
    Also, the hail of Rev 16:21 is described as exceedingly great. "And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great."
    To me, this describes the great day of his wrath.
    Also, there were 10 plagues over several days in the Exodus, the 10th was the worst.

So you think this verse means Christ is saying he is returning right there in the context of those passages?
    Yes I do!
    I associate the coming of the throne of God the Father with the earthquake that removes the mountains and islands.
    I associate the coming of Jesus with the great hail on the great day of His wrath.

Consider John 7:37 "In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink."
    Also, the hail of Rev 16:21 is described as exceedingly great. "And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great."
    Also, there were 10 plagues over several days in the Exodus, the 10th was the worst.

Yes I do!
    I associate the coming of the throne of God the Father with the earthquake that removes the mountains and islands.
    I associate the coming of Jesus with the great hail on the great day of His wrath.

Blog Entries

And the hail was the 7th so not the last one.

Yes I do!
    Rev_16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

This verse has no more meaning of when he returns then the other identical statements and interjections. He states this warning all through Revelation:

Rev_2:25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.

Rev_3:11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

Rev_16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

Rev_22:7 Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.

Rev_22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Rev_22:20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Hail was not the last plague in the Exodus.
    The point was that the plagues were numbered, they happened in sequence, and they happened over several days; just like the wrath of God.
    Just as the last plague in Exodus was the greatest, it is likely that hail will be the greatest part of God's wrath.

This verse has no more meaning of when he returns then the other identical statements and interjections. He states this warning all through Revelation:

Rev_3:11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

Rev_22:7 Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.

Rev_22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Rev_22:20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
    I disagree with your point of view.
    In Revelation chapters 6-19 there are sequences of events:
    The throne of God is consistently associated with an earthquake just before Jesus comes and after great tribulation has ended.
    The coming of Jesus is consistently associated with hail, God's winepress, just after the throne of God and the earthquake.
    Your other references are not part of these sequences.

The point was that the plagues were numbered, they happened in sequence, and they happened over several days; just like the wrath of God.
    Just as the last plague in Exodus was the greatest, it is likely that hail will be the greatest part of God's wrath.

I disagree with your point of view.
    In Revelation chapters 6-19 there are sequences of events:
    The throne of God is consistently associated with an earthquake just before Jesus comes and after great tribulation has ended.
    The coming of Jesus is consistently associated with hail, God's winepress, just after the throne of God and the earthquake.
    Your other references are not part of these sequences.

Blog Entries

That's what I said.

As far as I can tell, the wrath of God does come in one day, the day Christ returns.

Hail is only one of many things that happen in the last vial.

That's what I said.

As far as I can tell, the wrath of God does come in one day, the day Christ returns.

Rev 16:13-14 "13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
    14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty."

Do you really believe that all the world's armies will gather to Armageddon in 1 day?

That's what I said.

Rev 16:13-14 "13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
    14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty."

Do you really believe that all the world's armies will gather to Armageddon in 1 day?

Blog Entries

It could be done in an hour or less. Satan is ultimately making all of this happen and he can perform miracles...basically ask yourself how fast an angel can move then ask yourself if an angel or a lot of angels could have a way of moving people and armies etc in a fast way.

Blog Entries

Yes. Your thinking that all the people in the world are scattered across the globe but what if at this time the population is centralized around Babylon? Easy to be gathered in one day

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    Yes. Your thinking that all the people in the world are scattered across the globe but what if at this time the population is centralized around Babylon? Easy to be gathered in one day
    Rev 16:14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

The armies aren't all locally located. There are kingdoms that are far away. But distance isn't going to be an issue at this time.

Thread Information