Thread: God is so Good, in saying, "NO!"

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

God is so Good, in saying, "NO!"

Back in 2007 when I was preparing to retire from military service, I networked for employment. The goal was to have secured a job sufficient to pay the bills and with my retirement, my wife would not have to also work. She would be free for ministry work. I got to know the people I'd be working with, spoke with the program manager, etc. I literally lined up everything while I waited for the day that the job "opened" for resumes to be submitted.

I submitted my resume and within 10 work days of the application period closing, I had an interview date/time. The interview went splendidly. The next day I submitted my "thank you" letter even. At that time, the wait began. Couple of days later I received confirmation on usajobs(dot)gov that I had not gotten the job. I did call the project manager and requested a time to come speak with him and discovered that I did not have a certification and that all my experience, mattered nothing in the decision process. This person admitted that if he was in charge, I'd be the one getting the job based on my experience. He mentioned how he would have to do intense OJT for the person they did hire.

During this entire time, in praying to God and based on my "skills and talent" concerning what this job entails, the job would be more about a passion I have with technology and "IT." At that time, I was SURE, this was the job God had for me.

Nope.

Today, I discovered that had I gotten that job, I'd be out of a job in the next year. Not going into detail but the moment I found out, seems the Holy Spirit brought all this back to the forefront of my memory and pointed out that NOW I see how God was helping/protecting me by saying, "NO", to that job back in 2007.

Sure I was upset back then, voiced my frustrations to God but also submitted and waited for the job God DID have selected for me. I can look back over the years with a greater clarity and now that it is due, THANK God for looking out for me in providing a job that is more secure.
    Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

The beautiful farm in the center of heaven!
    Blog Entries

Re: God is so Good, in saying, "NO!"

Amen! I to am beginning to learn that God really does know the end from the beginning.
    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Thread Information