Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Question

Blog Entries

Re: Question

Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    It says, "the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple".

Scripture does not speak of a temple outside NJ.
    It sure does in Ezekiel.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    So you think that this verse speaks of a current and or past temple?

1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
    2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

So the 42 months has past wherein the not only the time of the gentiles and of the 2W's?????

Do you live in Colorado?

The verse shows there is a future temple for one. I tried to show you this future temple is not desecrated (ie destroyed by the AC) but will be destroyed by God ie the abomination of desolations.....
    Yes I see it as symbolic the two witnesses were the law and the prophets which pointed to Jesus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    Yes I see it as symbolic the two witnesses were the law and the prophets which pointed to Jesus
    Well you clearly are not paying attention to scripture but to some script theology which my friend is in error and dangerous to promote.

8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    It sure does in Ezekiel.
    There is no temple ever written to exist outside of NJ.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Blog Entries

The two that die and resurrect are two human beings called the two prophets. It's people not the law and OT books of prophecy.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

I agree to understand revelation you need the other books of the bible but that adds to my point about the temple not being mentioned as being desecrated in revelation
    I cannot see your logic. It could lie with me. But if hundreds of things that are in the rest of the Bible are the bricks used to support Revelation, and these bricks are not mentioned in Revelation, how then do the bricks become invalid? The Beast in Daniel 9 "strengthens" or "confirms" THE Covenant. Which Covenant is meant? Why, there is only one Covenant that has the daily oblation - the Covenant of the Law of Moses. And what is the center of the Law of Moses - the Temple. The whole morality, discipline and service of the Law is directed at Israel, who are the unique nation that has God and His Name dwelling in their midst. And the Beast that is to come is future to 70 AD because he is to be identified by the People who destroy Jerusalem and the Temple future to Daniel. That is, the Beast is to be future to the destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple. How then could he desecrate a non-existent Temple? There has been no Temple for nigh on 2,000 years, and there still is no Temple. And we have not seen most of Daniel's predictions.

Moving on to Matthew 24 then, there are four great moments. (i) The destruction of the Temple, (ii) the Abomination of Desolation, (iii) the physical return of Christ from the clouds, and (iv) the gathering of Israel from the four winds. Note the grammar of Matthew 24:14-15;

14 "And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
    15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand)"

First is the Temple's doom. Then follows a number of events tied to Israel in this age. But they are but the BEGINNING the "sorrows". Then our Lord calls for endurance "TO THE END". And then in verse 14 He defines THE END. The word "THEREFORE" indicates a result or consequence of what has gone before. That is, the Abomination of Desolation is the last thing that happens before Christ's Coming.

That takes us on to 2nd Thessalonians 2:4. Matthew 24 shows the inauguration of the Beast into the Holy Place for he "STANDS". But in 2nd Thessalonians 2:4 he is SEATED - showing that he is well established in this place. The Temple had God SEATED between the Cherubim. It is the "Mercy SEAT". And this SEAT is in the Temple of God. The Temple of 70 AD was no longer the "Temple of God" for Jesus says in both Matthew 23:38 and Luke 13:35, "Behold, YOUR house is left unto you desolate." But God has allowed Israel to exist again - officially in 1948. They are a Sovereign State. Any Temple build after 1948 belongs to God for the Sovereign State of Israel is His property - whether the Israelites therein are Lawful, Faithful or NOT.

With all this prediction, why would anyone need to call the Temple by Name in the Book of Revelation? It is assumed that the student of God's Word is perfectly informed of it. If the Beast is in Jerusalem and Revelation 13:6 says, "And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven", then no other Tabernacle of God could meant.

But Revelation does say that there won't be any temple in the NJ

I see Matthew 24 as happening in the first century with the old temple
    It is not possible. The Lord Jesus' answer was an answer to a threefold question. In Matthew 24:3 the disciples asked
    1. Tell us, when shall these things be?
    2. Tell us what shall be the sign of thy coming?
    3. Tell what will be the sign of the end of the age?

The Abomination of Desolation is an event connected with
    1. "the end" when the gospel OF THE KINGDOM has been preached to every nation*
    2. the coming of Jesus
    3. the end of the age

* It is NOT the Gospel of GRACE. It is also not "the Everlasting Gospel". It is the Gospel of the Kingdom. The Good News that Jesus will set up a benign and equitable government on earth. The Gospel of Grace is that God has set a Substitute for all men's sins and men can escape His wrath, receive eternal life and be His sons. The Everlasting Gospel is that God is Creator and Owner of the universe and men must subject themselves to Him (Rev.14:6-7). The Gospel of the Kingdom is that Jesus is that One of Daniel Who will crush Gentile rule and institute a government of "Righteousness, Peace and Joy" (Rom.14:17). I'm sure you will agree, this gospel is hardly taught in the Churches, let alone to "ALL NATIONS"!

I see the beast as a demon influencing Rome and its leaders in the first century and Nero as he main figure.

I also see the wound as he civil war which almost destroyed Rome just before 70AD
    This also not possible. The Beast is, in every mention of him, a man and a king. This king was already dead when John wrote Revelation. Revelation 17:8 describes him. "The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is." If John wrote in 95 AD, Nero was long dead, but had not yet risen from the Abyss. Demons live in the sea - not the bottomless pit. But I will grant that most world leaders are influenced by demons. But John was dealing with one of a row of kings, one of which was ruling as he wrote Revelation.

That the Beast is also the eighth does not mean that he was directly after the seventh. The allusion to being the "eighth" in Revelation 17:11 pertains to (i) of which row of kings he belonged to, and that (ii) of them all who would die eventually, he would be the first to be resurrected. "Eight" in the Bible is the number of resurrection for Christ was raised "on the morrow after the Sabbath" - the day that the "Wave Offering" was accomplished. That the Beast was one of the seven and also the eighth would create an absurdity if taken literally. Much more, it is a description by "sign" (Rev.1:1) that he would come again by being resurrected. The whole of Revelation 17 was a row of signs to describe, in few words, who the various players were. So also the Beast.

The end of the mater is that the Beast was future to John, and John's writing was future to 70 AD.

The understanding that prevails in Christian circles that there is no need for a Physical Temple stems from two errors. They are;
    1. God is finished with Israel who Paul says, under inspiration, that they are "brethren according to the flesh". That is, Romans Chapter 9 to 11 predict the future of the FLESHLY SEED of Jacob. But this belief does not take into consideration that the PROMISES of God to both the Patriarchs AND the Prophets are NOT BASED ON BELIEF IN JESUS CHRIST. The gaining of Canaan by the fleshly seed of Jacob is PROMISED is based on circumcision (Gen.17:10-14), and the continuation of Israel's occupation of Canaan is based on the Law of Moses. Israel will eventually gain Canaan because God PROMISED it, and will never be kicked out again because they will have a New Covenant of LAW in which the LAW will be written INSIDE them and not outside them (Jer.31:31-33).
    2. The Church is the only "House of God". It is true that the Church is the House of God NOW and FOREVER. But God dwelt in the Tabernacle and the Temple of Solomon, and Jesus Himself called the Temple His "Father's House" (Jn.2:16). Jesus has many names and designations. One of them is Emmanuel - meaning, "God with us". When Emmanuel returns to earth and takes up residence in Jerusalem for EVER, He, being a Man, will physically live somewhere. And whether one believes that He will live with the foxes, or in Ezekiel's Temple - a House fitting for the King of kings and King of the Jews, He will live somewhere. And this ABODE will automatically be called "THE HOUSE OF GOD". Isaiah predicts that that both Israel and all nations will flow to a physical Temple to be joyful and pray (Isaiah 56:7). And Matthew 21:13 tells us which "HOUSE" this is. It is the HOUSE from which He drove the money-changers from in Jerusalem. Where the physical Man Jesus lives after His return to earth will be a physical HOUSE of God. And if the objection is raised that "God does not dwell in a Temple made with hands" (Act.7:48, 17:24) I will refer you to the tense of this statement. It is PRESENT TENSE. That is, at this time God does not dwell in a House made with hands.

Consider this. When Nebuchadnezzar's army was poised to rape Jerusalem, God was faced with a huge problem. He had raised up Nebuchadnezzar to be His servant to chastise Israel. But any man other than the High Priest of Israel, and only on the Day of Atonement, who entered the Veil to the Holy of Holies, was killed on the spot. So God was faced with a wholesale slaughter of Babylonians, OR, faced with WITHDRAWING from the Temple. He chose the second. The first Chapters of Ezekiel record this tragic move by God, and thereafter, in the whole Book of Daniel, He is NEVER called "the God of Heaven AND Earth". He is only called "the God of Heaven". So the God Who once DWELT in Solomon's Temple DWELT there NO MORE. From the time of the defeat of Jerusalem, till Emmanuel (Jesus) entered Zerubbabel's Temple, GOD DID NOT DWELL IN TEMPLES MADE WITH HANDS. And since our Lord Jesus admits that He had no place to lay His head, He also did not DWELL there. So, with Stephen and Paul in Acts, we are informed that that grand house that the Pharisees were so proud of, WAS VACANT OF GOD! Our Lord Jesus, having been totally rejected by Israel, had LEFT THE TEMPLE FOR GOOD. Luke 13:35 records our Lord as saying; "Behold, YOUR house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord". Our Lord Jesus LEFT the Temple and declared it NO MORE "My Father's House" but "YOUR (Israel's) House". And He alluded to the damning fact that it, and any future Temple would remain so UNTIL HE CAME AGAIN!

The end of the matter is;
    1. God has not finished with Israel NOR the Law, and the Temple is an integral part of BOTH
    2. God, in the Person of Jesus Christ, the Physical Man, will, when He comes to earth, DWELL in Jerusalem and DWELL in an ABODE. This will, by default, be called THE HOUSE OF GOD. The only HOUSE that scripture records that the "Prince" will live in, and the only HOUSE that reflects the finished work of Christ, and the only HOUSE worthy of Emmanuel, IS THE TEMPLE OF EZEKIEL (Ezek.48:21).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walls View Post
    The end of the matter is;
    1. God has not finished with Israel NOR the Law, and the Temple is an integral part of BOTH
    2. God, in the Person of Jesus Christ, the Physical Man, will, when He comes to earth, DWELL in Jerusalem and DWELL in an ABODE. This will, by default, be called THE HOUSE OF GOD. The only HOUSE that scripture records that the "Prince" will live in, and the only HOUSE that reflects the finished work of Christ, and the only HOUSE worthy of Emmanuel, IS THE TEMPLE OF EZEKIEL (Ezek.48:21).
    Amen Walls, unfortunately today's seminaries are full of denying the above and thus this is what we are seeing on the board from the new generation. But this thought is gaining popularity last week the pastor of the church I attend preached that the church is the new Israel....and that God would not make two classes of Christians. No wonder why so many are confused when speaking of biblical prophecy.

Blog Entries

I cannot see your logic. It could lie with me. But if hundreds of things that are in the rest of the Bible are the bricks used to support Revelation, and these bricks are not mentioned in Revelation, how then do the bricks become invalid? The Beast in Daniel 9 "strengthens" or "confirms" THE Covenant. Which Covenant is meant? Why, there is only one Covenant that has the daily oblation - the Covenant of the Law of Moses. And what is the center of the Law of Moses - the Temple. The whole morality, discipline and service of the Law is directed at Israel, who are the unique nation that has God and His Name dwelling in their midst. And the Beast that is to come is future to 70 AD because he is to be identified by the People who destroy Jerusalem and the Temple future to Daniel. That is, the Beast is to be future to the destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple. How then could he desecrate a non-existent Temple? There has been no Temple for nigh on 2,000 years, and there still is no Temple. And we have not seen most of Daniel's predictions.

Moving on to Matthew 24 then, there are four great moments. (i) The destruction of the Temple, (ii) the Abomination of Desolation, (iii) the physical return of Christ from the clouds, and (iv) the gathering of Israel from the four winds. Note the grammar of Matthew 24:14-15;

14 "And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
    15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand)"

First is the Temple's doom. Then follows a number of events tied to Israel in this age. But they are but the BEGINNING the "sorrows". Then our Lord calls for endurance "TO THE END". And then in verse 14 He defines THE END. The word "THEREFORE" indicates a result or consequence of what has gone before. That is, the Abomination of Desolation is the last thing that happens before Christ's Coming.

That takes us on to 2nd Thessalonians 2:4. Matthew 24 shows the inauguration of the Beast into the Holy Place for he "STANDS". But in 2nd Thessalonians 2:4 he is SEATED - showing that he is well established in this place. The Temple had God SEATED between the Cherubim. It is the "Mercy SEAT". And this SEAT is in the Temple of God. The Temple of 70 AD was no longer the "Temple of God" for Jesus says in both Matthew 23:38 and Luke 13:35, "Behold, YOUR house is left unto you desolate." But God has allowed Israel to exist again - officially in 1948. They are a Sovereign State. Any Temple build after 1948 belongs to God for the Sovereign State of Israel is His property - whether the Israelites therein are Lawful, Faithful or NOT.

With all this prediction, why would anyone need to call the Temple by Name in the Book of Revelation? It is assumed that the student of God's Word is perfectly informed of it. If the Beast is in Jerusalem and Revelation 13:6 says, "And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven", then no other Tabernacle of God could meant.
    To clarify my positions

I see revelation written in the early 60's of the first century

The beast in Daniel 9 as Antiochus Epiphanies

The beast in Revelation as Rome mainly Nero

The temple in 2 Thess 2 as the church Nero declared himself god over everything including the church

In Matthew 24

The temple destruction and the abomination as Rome destroying I in 70AD

The sign of the son of man (sign being a key word) as Jesus coming in judgement on Jerusalem in 70AD

The gathering of the elect as the ones Jesus chose to survive the siege of Jerusalem

To clarify my positions

I see revelation written in the early 60's of the first century

The beast in Daniel 9 as Antiochus Epiphanies

The beast in Revelation as Rome mainly Nero

The temple in 2 Thess 2 as the church Nero declared himself god over everything including the church

In Matthew 24

The temple destruction and the abomination as Rome destroying I in 70AD

The sign of the son of man (sign being a key word) as Jesus coming in judgement on Jerusalem in 70AD

The gathering of the elect as the ones Jesus chose to survive the siege of Jerusalem

Blog Entries

Wanna know the real key?

Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

They actually see Jesus physically returning which is the second coming. In no way did the second coming, what this verse describes, happen in AD70. No part of the Olivet discourse has anything to do with AD70 and the Romans punishing the Jews for rebelling against the authority of Rome.

Blog Entries

It is not possible. The Lord Jesus' answer was an answer to a threefold question. In Matthew 24:3 the disciples asked

2. the coming of Jesus
    3. the end of the age

* It is NOT the Gospel of GRACE. It is also not "the Everlasting Gospel". It is the Gospel of the Kingdom. The Good News that Jesus will set up a benign and equitable government on earth. The Gospel of Grace is that God has set a Substitute for all men's sins and men can escape His wrath, receive eternal life and be His sons. The Everlasting Gospel is that God is Creator and Owner of the universe and men must subject themselves to Him (Rev.14:6-7). The Gospel of the Kingdom is that Jesus is that One of Daniel Who will crush Gentile rule and institute a government of "Righteousness, Peace and Joy" (Rom.14:17). I'm sure you will agree, this gospel is hardly taught in the Churches, let alone to "ALL NATIONS"!
    Paul did say that the gospel had spread to the known world 4 times during his time

I also see the end of the age as the temple age

2. the coming of Jesus
    3. the end of the age

Paul did say that the gospel had spread to the known world 4 times during his time

I also see the end of the age as the temple age

Blog Entries

Wanna know the real key?

Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

They actually see Jesus physically returning which is the second coming. In no way did the second coming, what this verse describes, happen in AD70. No part of the Olivet discourse has anything to do with AD70 and the Romans punishing the Jews for rebelling against the authority of Rome.
    Or was it Jesus saying that He was he one from Daniel 7:13-14

13 “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man,[a] coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. 14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

Jesus then claimed it in

Matthew 26:64
    64 “You have said so,” Jesus replied. “But I say to all of you: From now on you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”[e]

The sign was rising from the dead and Jesus predicted the destruction of Jerusalem with a date within that generation and when it happed it proved that He was the one from Daniel 7

Also noticed that the direction Jesus was going on the clouds was too heaven not to the earth

Wanna know the real key?

13 “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man,[a] coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. 14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

Jesus then claimed it in

Matthew 26:64
    64 “You have said so,” Jesus replied. “But I say to all of you: From now on you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”[e]

The sign was rising from the dead and Jesus predicted the destruction of Jerusalem with a date within that generation and when it happed it proved that He was the one from Daniel 7

Also noticed that the direction Jesus was going on the clouds was too heaven not to the earth

Blog Entries

Lets try to stay in context. People will see Jesus returning in Matthew 24 not just seeing some "sign" you claimed was key. People seeing Jesus returning clearly did not happen in AD70 so your belief that the OD is speaking about events happening in AD70 is wrong.

Thread Information