Thread: WHY IS ADAM NOT MENTIONED IN HEB 11:4 ?

WHY IS ADAM NOT MENTIONED IN HEB 11:4 ?

Hi to all and feel that Adam was not mentioned because Adam had no Faith !

But notice that in Gen 3:8 that God walked Adam and his wife and to me that means that Adam walked by SIGHT as Godnwalked with them !!

But I see that Adam and Eve did have faith , BECAUSE in Gen 3:21 God killed and animal and clothed them and this means the skins that COVERED THEM speaks to the word ATONEMENT !!

Atonement carried into the Law of Moses and these sins had to be PAID for and Heb 9:15 these sins were forgiven by Jesus death on the cross !!

dan p

Blog Entries

Re: WHY IS ADAM NOT MENTIONED IN HEB 11:4 ?

Quote Originally Posted by dan p View Post

But notice that in Gen 3:8 that God walked Adam and his wife and to me that means that Adam walked by SIGHT as Godnwalked with them !!

But I see that Adam and Eve did have faith , BECAUSE in Gen 3:21 God killed and animal and clothed them and this means the skins that COVERED THEM speaks to the word ATONEMENT !!
    There was no atonement because God still punished them. When one has atonement, they do not receive the punishment.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Atonement carried into the Law of Moses and these sins had to be PAID for and Heb 9:15 these sins were forgiven by Jesus death on the cross !!

dan p
    Hebrews 11 is based on verse 1, "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." While Adam might have had faith that the seed of his wife would ultimately produce the Vanquisher of the Serpent, he was singularly unfaithful in acting as if God's Word counted for nothing. He ate freely from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil WITHOUT being deceived like Eve (1st Tim.2:14). He brews 11 is a testimony of those who believed God's Words even when they seemed impossible. Adam had all the advantages, but would not believe God.

Hi @dan p, I agree with @Walls statement above.

Also, our first parents were part of a covenant of works with the Lord, not one of faith (they were given a single command from God, basically, "don't eat that apple", that they needed to obey). They had the liberty to freely choose to obey or disobey God (posse peccare et posse non peccare, as St. Augustine put it), and they chose poorly .. obviously (for them and for all of us, their begotten progeny). Why they chose to believe the lying words of the serpent rather than the truth from their Creator, who they knew and loved, is a mystery to me, but the formula Satan used on them back then (by getting them to doubt, then deny, then disobey God and His word) worked so well that he's still using it on us with great success today

I believe that you are correct about
    Genesis 3:21 and the atonement, as it is the beginning of the scarlet thread of redemption by God, but I'm not sure that our progenitors acted in faith at that particular point in time.

I believe we have evidence of their trust and dependence upon God shortly thereafter however, expressed by Eve about the Lord and the birth of her firstborn son ..
    Genesis 4:1.

~Deut
    Matthew 5
    16 Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 7
    12 However you want people to treat you, so treat them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

1 Corinthians 13
    1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

1 Peter 3
    15 Sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence.

dan p
    Faith shows itself in people not always by great demonstrations of faith, but often, simply in our choice to live in fellowship with God, and to embrace His sense of righteousness. To appreciate his righteousness requires that we receive revelation from Him.

Most people have a sense of right and wrong, but they do not receive it as from God. And so, they reject the faith that is behind the revelation.

Faith is a matter of appreciating not only God's goodness, but also the fact it comes from God. In this way we embrace fellowship with Him so that we may become good and always do good, just as He is always good.

Belief in God is one thing, and having faith is something more. Having faith means we appreciate the relationship God wants to have with us on a continual basis. Anything less than this ends up as the knowledge of good and evil, and the lines become blurred as faith is lost.

Adam and Eve did blur the lines of right and wrong, but clearly recognized that they had separated themselves from God. Clearly, they wanted their relationship with God reestablished. They had faith. They just didn't do any particular exploits of faith.

dan p
    Faith is when you believe what God said of a matter and act upon it. Adam believed eve ....who believed the serpent and both of them knew what Gid had said first. Adam and Eve were presented with

God said " you are free to eat of any tree in the garden , but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you must not eat for when you do you will certainly die"

then soon after the serpent said " didnGod really say you can't eat from every tree? .....she replies correctly......he then says " you will not certainly die , God knows it will make you as gods knowing good and evil"

as soon as he said that , her mind changed she then saw the fruit as good and ate, then Adam heeded her voice and ate also. This is a lack of faith brother. It's the same thing man faces today , we know what God said of everything in the gospel, but the serpent has a lot of stories and ideas ...a lot of "interpretations of scripture " that explain why what God has said isn't true .....

faith is believing what God says and acting upon that belief...this is faith that makes one righteous, or the righteousness of faith Paul discusses.

see Hebrews 11 about naoh, he was warned by Gods word of the flood, so he moved with fear believing it was true and built the ark ...and he became heir to the righteousness of faith."

this is what we need to do believe what Jesus said , and begin moving in it....and become heirs to the righteousness of faith and be saved. It simply requires faith to believe his word , more than the enemies

dan p
    Faith is when you believe what God said of a matter and act upon it. Adam believed eve ....who believed the serpent and both of them knew what Gid had said first. Adam and Eve were presented with

God said " you are free to eat of any tree in the garden , but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you must not eat for when you do you will certainly die"

then soon after the serpent said " didnGod really say you can't eat from every tree? .....she replies correctly......he then says " you will not certainly die , God knows it will make you as gods knowing good and evil"

as soon as he said that , her mind changed she then saw the fruit as good and ate, then Adam heeded her voice and ate also. This is a lack of faith brother. It's the same thing man faces today , we know what God said of everything in the gospel, but the serpent has a lot of stories and ideas ...a lot of "interpretations of scripture " that explain why what God has said isn't true .....

faith is believing what God says and acting upon that belief...this is faith that makes one righteous, or the righteousness of faith Paul discusses.

see Hebrews 11 about naoh, he was warned by Gods word of the flood, so he moved with fear believing it was true and built the ark ...and he became heir to the righteousness of faith."

this is what we need to do believe what Jesus said , and begin moving in it....and become heirs to the righteousness of faith and be saved. It simply requires faith to believe his word , more than the enemies

Thread Information