Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: the forbidden fruit

Re: the forbidden fruit

Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    I think they knew of basic concepts of evil and good before eating of the tree just because they knew of this tree. I think the tree gave more or specific knowledge of good and evil they weren't ready for.
    That's exactly what I believe. In being created "in the image of God," they knew by process of elimination what the "image of God" was not. It would be doing anything outside of God's word for their lives. And when God told them what *not* to eat of, they knew this was evil.

So no, the fruit of the tree of knowledge did not give them this knowledge of evil--they already had it. You are right. And you are also right that eating of the tree gave them a deeper kind of knowledge of evil. It gave them the knowledge of what it's like to disobey God and to live outside of the realm of obedience to God's word, to be an independent Man.

This is the situation we find ourselves in in the present age. We are born into a manhood in which we are free to make choices apart from God. Adam and Eve also had that choice, but until they had made that choice they could've remained in the word of God, and could've remained in paradise.

They didn't do that. And we can't return to paradise, simply by repenting. We have to die, and then hope in the resurrection Christ promised to those who return to following God's word.

Re: the forbidden fruit

Quote Originally Posted by Deade View Post
    Scripture tell us that Adam was not deceived. 1 Timothy 2:14*"And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." Could it be that Adam saw his wife start on a new journey and decided to go along.

The fruit caused our first couple to do the same thing as Satan and the fallen angels did. It gave them the impression that they could decide for themselves what was good and evil, instead of taking God's word for it. There is nothing shameful about their naked bodies. It is their now warped version of good and evil now working on their minds.

would you have eaten fruit God told you was poison and certain death if you weren't deceived just because your wife did?

Eve listened to and believed the serpent, Adam was with her and listened to her voice and ate. She passed on the lie to Adam look to what God says in the curse and who he blames.

“And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat. And the Lord God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat. And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: Therefore the Lord God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.”
    **Genesis‬ *3:12-14, 16-17, 19, 22-24‬ *KJV‬‬

Eve listened to the serpent who said the opposite of what God said, her mind instantly changes from fear of the fruit , to a desire for it, she then tells Adam and gives him some, God says he hearkened to the voice of his wife. They were one remember ? Paul is suggesting that she was the weak link ....but it's odd because the only reason that woman was made subject to man , is because of the curse.....which Paul always teaches was taken away in Christ and that there is neither male nor female in Christ .....

women weren't to be ruled over by men from the beginning , it happened because of what Eve did, just like death happened because of what Adam did. A few times Paul in his letters specifically says " I'm saying this , not the lord" or " I do not permit a woman to teach " remembering he was a Pharisee in his prior life , and that the apostles weren't perfect even himself writing he wasn't perfect, I think he had a bit of bias against women honestly , sort of like Peter had bias against Gentiles in the beginning.

the fall of creation into sin and death is placed squarely on the shoulders of what Adam did , had he believed God rather than the serpents lie through Eve ...." Sin came into the world rough one man , and death trough sin, so death passed upon all men because all have sinned"

the deception is where everything went wrong, men are still today deceived by the enemies whispers about gods word not really being true or not meaning what it says ....it was his way then and still he argues against things the bible says are certain death....now we carry his message in different ways " well no one really can repent to suggest one repent of sin means your a " sinless perfectionist and have fallen from grace" .....those kinds of things are a perfect reflection of " well God said the fust will bring certain death, but you will not surely die God knows no ones really able to repent....

in those beginning chapters such value in the simplicity of his plan

Cool Re: the forbidden fruit

Quote Originally Posted by Follower1977 View Post
    would you have eaten fruit God told you was poison and certain death if you weren't deceived just because your wife did?
    So you are saying Paul letter to Timothy is not inspired when he said Adam was not deceived. You are right about how Paul sometimes inserted his own opinion but always stated what it was. He didn't do so here.

I say Adam took on the decision to decide for himself to eat of the fruit because it is in scripture. The fruit endowed them with the knowledge of good and evil, not as God defines it but as they themselves define it. That was the same sin the devil and the fallen angels committed. That introduced evil into God's universe.
    John 15:17 "These things I command you, that ye love one another."

Thread Information