Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone believe in Evolution anymore?

Re: Does anyone believe in Evolution anymore?

A lot of smart people, when being challenged, easily come up with counter arguments. This is why science often takes a generation to change a viewpoint. The new influx of students when exposed to both views haven't got the vested position of the previous generation, and more easily accept the better theory. Clever people are good at arguing their point and often don't change their minds easily. With evolution it's not so simple, the evolutionary ideas are entrenched from pre-school age with poster visuals of ape-human transitions on the classroom walls. It's difficult to break that mindset even with many facts.

Quote Originally Posted by DurbanDude View Post
    A lot of smart people, when being challenged, easily come up with counter arguments. This is why science often takes a generation to change a viewpoint. The new influx of students when exposed to both views haven't got the vested position of the previous generation, and more easily accept the better theory. Clever people are good at arguing their point and often don't change their minds easily. With evolution it's not so simple, the evolutionary ideas are entrenched from pre-school age with poster visuals of ape-human transitions on the classroom walls. It's difficult to break that mindset even with many facts.
    Well said. I personally think it is even worse than this. Being smart does not mean one is honest. It is these very people who the Holy Spirit addresses in Romans 1:18-20;

18 "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
    19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
    20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse."

Notice that the Lord does not say that they didn't understand the creation. That would be ignorance. He says that they, "HELD the truth". That is, it is in their hands. But as they HELD this truth, they denied it. They did not even have to tell others of their unrighteous theory. They HOLD it within themselves. When a man stands in front of a mirror, he sees himself. Maybe short, skinny, beer belly, wrinkled facial skin and waning hair. It is all there for him to see and comprehend. But he says to himself; "I am tall, dark, handsome, athletic and wrinkle-free with a good head of hair." THAT ... is HOLDING the truth in UNRIGHTEOUSNESS.

It is mostly the smarted people who embrace evolution - not because it is scientific, but because it conveniently lets them ignore the Creator. The smartest then have become, NOT ignorant, for they HOLD the truth, but stupid for they live a lie they know is a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by hobie View Post
    The Bible tells us that in the beginning God created the earth in seven days, not a million years. It seems that the more we learn as scientific and archaeological finds come to light, the less people believe in Evolution. Scientist summarizing Darwinism tell us as follows: “Life on earth evolved gradually beginning with one primitive species — perhaps a self-replicating molecule — that lived more than 3.5 billion years ago; it then branched out over time, throwing off many new and diverse species; and the mechanism for most (but not all) of evolutionary change is natural selection.”(Jerry A. Coyne, Why Evolution Is True (New York: Viking, 2009), p. 3.)

Yet there are no not one piece of evidence found of a gradual change from a "self-replicating molecule" to all the different species. There are no evidence of gradualism or that later species should have traits that make them look like the descendants of earlier ones. We don't find a fish changing to land crawler or a lizard changing to bird, in fact there is no evidence whatsoever of the ancestors or fossils that would show the lineage of any species. People are finding out that Evolution is a empty shell of false ideas and arguments, that is being exposed like the story of the King with no clothes.
    The only evidence I have found to support the theory of evolution is the people that believe it.

I do consider that the theory of evolution and many such views of science were influenced by the bible.
    As any man of intelligence would of be reading it, and that include the many fathers and grandfathers of any such scientist or theorist.

Take for example the order of creation as the bible records

first was light
    then atmosphere
    then elements
    then plants
    then the sun the moon and the celestial
    then ocean life
    then birds
    then beasts
    then insects
    then Adam

Isn't it curious that the bible puts plants first.
    It's almost as if the whole of creation was at first revolving around plants.
    First the Earth was formed and then plants and then after that the sun and moon and celestial were formed to create the light cycle and seasons that replenish the fruiting cycle of plants.

And maybe with enough research a scientist might find that without plant life first any such living creatures would simply not survive because they would just eat each other.

Following after that take a look at the order of animals that were created.
    How ironic that they are mostly in alignment with the order that the theory of evolution is presenting.
    Starting with ocean life then birds then beasts then insects and finally ending with a woman.

And whats even more preposterous is that the bible even states a order. It could of simply said God made all the creatures that live in the Earth.
    But somehow the order that it presents is so closely in alignment with what evolution theory has to offer.

I never have a probably never will agree with the idea that one species transfigured into another over along period of time.
    If we can find a dinosaur skeleton that supposedly lived millions of years ago.
    Then we should be able to find endless amounts of skeletons of the species which evolved between then and now.
    At best we find a rock with some scattered bones and some guy telling us it's a fish growing legs.

I came upon this passage. Does it somehow target such discussions as evolution ?

Ecclesiastes 8:17 Then I beheld all the work of God, that a man cannot find out the work that is done under the sun: because though a man labour to seek it out, yet he shall not find it; yea farther; though a wise man think to know it, yet shall he not be able to find it.

9:1 For all this I considered in my heart even to declare all this, that the righteous, and the wise, and their works, are in the hand of God: no man knoweth either love or hatred by all that is before them.

2 All things come alike to all: there is one event to the righteous, and to the wicked; to the good and to the clean, and to the unclean; to him that sacrificeth, and to him that sacrificeth not: as is the good, so is the sinner; and he that sweareth, as he that feareth an oath.

3 This is an evil among all things that are done under the sun, that there is one event unto all: yea, also the heart of the sons of men is full of evil, and madness is in their heart while they live, and after that they go to the dead.

Depends, so evolution is made of three distinct theories and two of those are bupkis and one is legit and taught in scripture. So here are the parts of Evolution

1. Life from non-Life - this is the theory that non-living amino acids etc formed into a multi-celled living thing and developed from there... in a lab and with unknown number of test this has been unable to be reproduced in a lab environment. Bupkis

2. General Evolution - a species changing or developing into a different species, so as mentioned earlier, there is not evidence of a fish becoming a pig, or a dog into a horse, etc... there have been countless experiments with fruit flies with every kind of factor applied, radiation, gases, etc.. we have made fruit flies with more wings, less wings, bigger, smaller, different colors, etc.... however its still a fruit fly... first person who comes out with something other than a fruit fly will be in the news... once again Bupkis

3. Natural Selection - This is that if you have a bird that has a bigger beak and it can get food while another bird like it with a smaller beak can't get food, the bigger beak bird will survive and pass its genes on while the smaller beaked bird would die out. Ding ding ding... this exist and can be proven within any test environment. Shoot even lot knew about it. In Gen 30 Lot was going to take the spotted animals as his wage... he knew what numbers he should get by working with the animals however it didn't happen as expect since God took over. However, we can see Lot was aware of what should have happened. Today we do this with cattle, dogs, etc.. interestingly enough it appears God has made it so things can change within a kind but never leave that kind. In Genesis it notes the Kinds... so we can breed various cows together and get different breeds, we can do this with dogs, etc... however if we go to far it stops working. Example the Mule, or Liger they can be born when mixed but are sterile and cannot reproduce.

So Evolution depending on what your talking about can be done in the real world and was known in even OT times in the beginning see that Lot is in Genesis.... however the term is normally used to broadly and takes al three areas into account when sadly a 1/3 of that is provable in a real world setting.
    Isaiah 6:8 "Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" We should always be willing to do God's bidding, seek ye first the kingdom of God.

I use Linux because I don't like Windows

Quote Originally Posted by hobie View Post
    The Bible tells us that in the beginning God created the earth in seven days, not a million years. It seems that the more we learn as scientific and archaeological finds come to light, the less people believe in Evolution. Scientist summarizing Darwinism tell us as follows: “Life on earth evolved gradually beginning with one primitive species — perhaps a self-replicating molecule — that lived more than 3.5 billion years ago; it then branched out over time, throwing off many new and diverse species; and the mechanism for most (but not all) of evolutionary change is natural selection.”(Jerry A. Coyne, Why Evolution Is True (New York: Viking, 2009), p. 3.)

Yet there are no not one piece of evidence found of a gradual change from a "self-replicating molecule" to all the different species. There are no evidence of gradualism or that later species should have traits that make them look like the descendants of earlier ones. We don't find a fish changing to land crawler or a lizard changing to bird, in fact there is no evidence whatsoever of the ancestors or fossils that would show the lineage of any species. People are finding out that Evolution is a empty shell of false ideas and arguments, that is being exposed like the story of the King with no clothes.

amen. I think people are believers one way or the other , a believer in God unspderstands if he says let there be ...a billion years of work can be done in a moment. We can then look at it after and say " wow all this couldn't be done unless it took billions of years....but ....God speaks forth creation.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aviyah View Post
    What would you say about those who believe in God and that evolution is part of His creative design?
    I would say that they are confused.
    I know Christians who are definitely seeking God's will and trying to understand Him as best as possible, as well as share the good news of Christ, and yet think that evolution has a valid basis from science and so try to fit the two together as best as they are able.
    In reality we ALL try to do this to some degree, the question is always where on the scale we are, for science at heart is trying to explain HOW God has done things. Yet a secularist scientist omits that it is how GOD has done things, and more simply HOW things come to be.
    The question at heart comes back to HOW we are to understand God's Word, and on this rests the many (if not all) variations of our understanding of the TRUTH we find in it.

To deal with the issue, requires dealing with the individual, and how well they understand the science and how well they understand interpreting the Bible.
    Rather than putting oneself in a position of judgement over them, it is far more instructive to work through with them the implications and ramifications of their approach to God's word, not only as applied to the first 11 chapters of Genesis, but then through to the entire Bible.

Thread Information