Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Meaning of 666

Blog Entries

Re: Meaning of 666

Quote Originally Posted by DurbanDude View Post
    Did Nero persecute the church for the last 3.5 years before the second coming? This end - times beast that is associated with a mark and an image is destroyed at the second coming:
    19 Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage war against the rider on the horse and his army. 20 But the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who had performed the signs on its behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped its image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur.
    Nero did persecute the church for 3 1/2 years but it could be a coming in judgement in rev 19

I know that we have discussed it before and disagree but time will tell the truth but it is a possibility

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    That's basically true of most cultures and their money...not remotely close to what Rev 13 says:

Rev 13:13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

Did Nero cause fire to come down from heaven?

Rev 13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Did Nero perform miracles?

Rev 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

Did Nero give life to this image?

Rev 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

Did Nero give anyone a mark in their right hands OR in their forehead?

ev 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
    Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
    Rev 11:9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
    Rev 11:10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
    Rev 11:11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
    Rev 11:12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.
    Rev 11:13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.
    Rev 11:14 The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.
    Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Also, did Nero kill the two prophets and days later see them resurrection and rise into heaven? Did the second coming/7th trump happen that same day?
    You are talking about the land beast not the sea beast

Blog Entries

Is the "mark" a picture of the "image?

Like a coin a picture (image) has other reference.

Thus the Mark, number, and name would all mean the same thing.

The mark itself being the image would represent the name and number.

Again Nebuchadnezzar image was 60 cubits high and 6 cubits wide, (this is the measurements of the door to the tabernacle).

Thus is it is possible the mark (image) is a picture of the tabernacle much like our coins today have a government building representing USA, congress ect...The leader king is the president.

The question is what is the 600 in relation to Nebuchaddnezzars image and the tabernacle?

It could be the weight of the door is 600 talents but that is pretty heavy. Or that the tabernacle is 100 cubits long by 60 cubits high? or perhaps there are 600 counsellors governors ect…

Clearly without doubt the 60 and 6 is the door to the tabernacle. Christ said he was this door...

I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    Nero did persecute the church for 3 1/2 years
    It was almost 4 years. He blamed the July AD64 fire of Rome on Christians, and persecuted them until his death in June AD 68.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Blog Entries

You are talking about the land beast not the sea beast
    The land beast is the ruler of the sea beast.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    Is the "mark" a picture of the "image?

Like a coin a picture (image) has other reference.

Thus the Mark, number, and name would all mean the same thing.

The mark itself being the image would represent the name and number.

Again Nebuchadnezzar image was 60 cubits high and 6 cubits wide, (this is the measurements of the door to the tabernacle).

Thus is it is possible the mark (image) is a picture of the tabernacle much like our coins today have a government building representing USA, congress ect...The leader king is the president.

The question is what is the 600 in relation to Nebuchaddnezzars image and the tabernacle?

It could be the weight of the door is 600 talents but that is pretty heavy. Or that the tabernacle is 100 cubits long by 60 cubits high? or perhaps there are 600 counsellors governors ect…

Clearly without doubt the 60 and 6 is the door to the tabernacle. Christ said he was this door...

So Jesus is the 666? LoL

The 666 is a number of the name of the AC not the number of a door.

Blog Entries

Why is the number 'Six" capitalized in Rev 13?

Blog Entries

Why is the number 'Six" capitalized in Rev 13?
    There are no "capitals" in the manuscripts. Everything is written with characters that are the same size.

Blog Entries

There are no "capitals" in the manuscripts. Everything is written with characters that are the same size.
    Why then do the KJV and American standard choose to capitalize?

Interestingly, the word "devil" is only capitalized in Revelation.

Blog Entries

When we speak of the "name of the beast" is it is actual name or could it be a counterfeit name he is using?

11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

As he IS a counterfeit lamb.....(two horns designate house of Judah-Judah/ Benjamin)

Blog Entries

I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

So it appears it might not be a counterfeit name..

Blog Entries

Why then do the KJV and American standard choose to capitalize?

Interestingly, the word "devil" is only capitalized in Revelation.
    It's just the translators personal choice. Never make any decisions based on any kind of punctuation or "capitals" because it is not supported by the manuscripts.

Blog Entries

It's just the translators personal choice. Never make any decisions based on any kind of punctuation or "capitals" because it is not supported by the manuscripts.
    I think Greek manuscripts are written in all caps, right?

So then why did they leave it capitalized? I disagree with your notion of personal choice or by accident. KJV used 500 translators which had to come to an agreement to keep the Six capitalized, by why? Did they give a reason?

Blog Entries

I think Greek manuscripts are written in all caps, right?
    Technically. The point is there is no such thing as a single letter being capitalized and thus no such a thing as King vs. king as if one is more notable than the other etc.

So then why did they leave it capitalized?

That's how manuscripts were written.

I disagree with your notion of personal choice or by accident. KJV used 500 translators which had to come to an agreement to keep the Six capitalized, by why? Did they give a reason?
    I don't know their reasonings but I would not consider it divinely inspired. The 1611 KJV does not cap it.

Nero did persecute the church for 3 1/2 years but it could be a coming in judgement in rev 19

I know that we have discussed it before and disagree but time will tell the truth but it is a possibility
    It's a matter of methodology, unless the symbolism is obvious, I take prophecy literally. Rev 19 is therefore 100 percent a description of the second coming to me.

Which then places the beast; the image of the beast; the 3.5 years of the beast into the final period before the second coming. Yes time will tell.

Thread Information