Thread: Prayer Vs Politics

The beautiful farm in the center of heaven!
    Blog Entries

Prayer Vs Politics

This is such a good article. Very true, gentle and unbiased. A call back to what we are supposed to do and be. I've really been far more prayerful in the last few years for my own life and those in it and I'm seeing how beneficial it is for us. The more time we spend in His presence the more like Him we become. And I don't mean seeking him just for what we want or need...which is ok...but seeking Him to know what He wants. I have noticed a huge shift in the way I genuinely feel delighted in others around me and how easily and readily they respond with trust and love because they are seeing genuine love.

Can we please stop with all the ugly and start to genuinely seek the Lord's will in all things now?...yes ALL things. Start eating humble pie more often. It's very good for us as followers of Christ. And truly, how many times did you see Jesus involved in the kind of political savagery we often find ourselves mixed up in? He never lead a March demanding Laws change. He worked in people's hearts and is still doing so today. And how can He work in the hearts of people who have steal walls around their hearts that have been built by the ones who are called to represent Christ? It's our anger and fear that's building walls. It's time to get back to large prayer meetings and lots of quiet private prayer time seeking to grow in the knowledge and the grace of our Lord.

Sorry I didn't mean to make such a long statement before sharing the article. But I couldn't stop...one thought lead to another.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...crisis/593353/
    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Re: Prayer Vs Politics

Very nice ... yes serving instead of demanding our own "rights" is what I see that we are called for ... if that means we have to sacrifice our own "rights" in order to serve ... so be it ...
    Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
    For You are the God of my salvation;
    On You I wait all the day.

Psalms 25:5

Thread Information