View Poll Results: How long til Jesus comes?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than Five years

1 12.50%
  • 5-20 years

1 12.50%
  • 20+ years

1 12.50%
  • I have no idea!

5 62.50%

Thread: How long do you think it will be until Jesus comes?

How long do you think it will be until Jesus comes?

This isn't about date setting, which is against forum rules. Nor is this another end time debate thread. Simply, how long do you think it will be until Jesus returns?

Further, does your vote change anything in your life? For example, those who believe Jesus will return in less than 5 years, how does that affect your plans? If 20+ years, does that change anything for you?

Well, I am in the "Less than 5 years" camp. Things like retirement saving, buying property, and wealth are not of any interest to me.

Lastly, a hypothetical question. If Jesus appeared to you in person and told you He was coming in less than five years, (or something that convinced you of that fact) how would you live your life? If you really and truly knew Jesus was coming soon, what would you do differently, or continue doing? Would you sell what you had and give to the poor? Would you focus on storing up treasure for yourself in heaven? (Not meaning that to be selfish. Jesus commanded it.) Would you forsake all and evangelize an unreached people? What would you do?

I realize that may not be an easy thing to contemplate, but I'm curious about your thoughts. Thanks.

Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, then the end will come.

Re: How long do you think it will be until Jesus comes?

Not sure what you mean when you ask if Jesus "Comes" if you're speaking from a post trib viewpoint or a no rapture viewpoint, and asking about the timing of the Second coming, I would say "More then 5 years" since The AC or The beast must come first and do his act in my view. If you speaking from a Pre-trib viewpoint, i would say his coming (as in a rapture like event) is less then 5 years. I see whats going on with Iran and America tensions escalating into an Ezekiel 38 like conflict very soon. Overall I would advise you too keep living your life and spreading the word to all thos around you especially if you believe time is short. In Other Words: DONT BE COMPLACENT! JESUS IS COMING!

Quote Originally Posted by Jesuslovesus View Post
    Not sure what you mean when you ask if Jesus "Comes" if you're speaking from a post trib viewpoint or a no rapture viewpoint,
    Ones view of pre-trib, post-trib, no-trib, etc. definitely affects the expectation of Jesus' coming. My view is that the great tribulation referred to in Rev 7 began the day Adam and Eve ate the fruit. Life has been work and pain for all since then. The rapture is a certainty as far as I'm concerned. That is what Daniel saw in 10:1, the vision he understood.

and asking about the timing of the Second coming, I would say "More then 5 years" since The AC or The beast must come first and do his act in my view.
    2 Thess 2 is always taken out of context as far as I've seen. Hear chapter one first, then you will know why they will be told they missed the Day of the Lord. They did, but there is another. Four actually, just as Abraham wrote and the prophets describe. Those who wrote by the spirit were not writing about their own day and time as many assume.

If you speaking from a Pre-trib viewpoint, i would say his coming (as in a rapture like event) is less then 5 years.
    The rapture will certainly be less than five years away. By the end of this year you will begin to understand more than you ever thought possible. For there is nothing hidden that will not be revealed.

I see whats going on with Iran and America tensions escalating into an Ezekiel 38 like conflict very soon.
    Ezekiel 38 takes place at the end of the age, the end of the Millennium. Ezekiel 39 is the fourth and final Day of the Lord which takes place on 2Adar 13, 2073. Exactly 1260 days after the end of Tabernacles when Jesus returns to heaven after the 7th Trumpet gathering of the elect into the wilderness of Moab to cast out satan.

Overall I would advise you too keep living your life and spreading the word to all those around you especially if you believe time is short. In Other Words: DONT BE COMPLACENT! JESUS IS COMING!
    Bingo! I fully expect this thread to die out quickly. I don't see any expectation here like I see in so many places on the earth. But, be of good cheer, this board will come to life suddenly. When Elijah returns and recovers the Ark of the Covenant and the Tabernacle of David, the believers will be shocked into action. Especially when they realize who Jesus said Elijah is, who is coming first and will restore all things.

Don't know when, but the important part is watching. Watching is doing the Lord's will while we're waiting. That's why he's coming like a thief.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
    Ones view of pre-trib, post-trib, no-trib, etc. definitely affects the expectation of Jesus' coming. My view is that the great tribulation referred to in Rev 7 began the day Adam and Eve ate the fruit. Life has been work and pain for all since then. The rapture is a certainty as far as I'm concerned. That is what Daniel saw in 10:1, the vision he understood.

2 Thess 2 is always taken out of context as far as I've seen. Hear chapter one first, then you will know why they will be told they missed the Day of the Lord. They did, but there is another. Four actually, just as Abraham wrote and the prophets describe. Those who wrote by the spirit were not writing about their own day and time as many assume.

The rapture will certainly be less than five years away. By the end of this year you will begin to understand more than you ever thought possible. For there is nothing hidden that will not be revealed.

Ezekiel 38 takes place at the end of the age, the end of the Millennium. Ezekiel 39 is the fourth and final Day of the Lord which takes place on 2Adar 13, 2073. Exactly 1260 days after the end of Tabernacles when Jesus returns to heaven after the 7th Trumpet gathering of the elect into the wilderness of Moab to cast out satan.

Bingo! I fully expect this thread to die out quickly. I don't see any expectation here like I see in so many places on the earth. But, be of good cheer, this board will come to life suddenly. When Elijah returns and recovers the Ark of the Covenant and the Tabernacle of David, the believers will be shocked into action. Especially when they realize who Jesus said Elijah is, who is coming first and will restore all things.
    What kind of "prophecy" is this? How do you know people will know this or that sooner or later? Sounds hyped up to me. And I'm not surprised. Pretribbers view the doctrine of imminency as the means of creating "excitement" over the coming of the Lord. But in my view, it is a false excitement. 2 Thes 2 positively declares, doctrinally and explicitly, that the day of the Lord's coming for his Church will *not* take place before Antichrist is revealed. Then Christ will return, for his Church, on the very day in which he will destroy the Antichrist. All this is what the letter clearly teaches. If you don't want to believe it, don't.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
    When Elijah returns and recovers the Ark of the Covenant and the Tabernacle of David, the believers will be shocked into action.
    Elijah already came.

Jesus began to speak to the crowds concerning John [the Baptist]: ... This is he of whom it is written, "Behold, I send my messenger before your face, who will prepare your way before you." ... For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John, and if you are willing to accept it, he is Elijah ... (Matthew 11)

The prophecy you're referring to has already been fulfilled.

In those days John the Baptist came preaching in the wilderness of Judea, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." For this is he who was spoken of by the prophet Isaiah ... (Matthew 3)
    「耶和華聖潔無比,獨一無二,沒有磐石像我們的上帝。
    撒母耳記上 (1 Samuel) 2:2

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    Sounds hyped up to me. And I'm not surprised. Pretribbers view the doctrine of imminency as the means of creating "excitement" over the coming of the Lord. But in my view, it is a false excitement.
    I could be reading him wrong, but it didn't sound to me like JohnE is "pre-trib".

As far as the OP Q (I've not voted in the Poll, btw), I think "approx. 5 years (thereabouts)" sounds about right to me (that's regarding our "Rapture"... then the 7-yr trib follows that [connected by the "timing" words of "and then [kai tote]," which everywhere else in Scripture gives the sense of "no significant period of time between," or "consequently," or "then-following"], and which 7-yrs leads UP TO His Second Coming to the earth FOR the promised and prophesied earthly Millennial Kingdom [when we "return" WITH Him]... lock-step-like).

Quote Originally Posted by TheDivineWatermark View Post
    I could be reading him wrong, but it didn't sound to me like JohnE is "pre-trib".

As far as the OP Q (I've not voted in the Poll, btw), I think "approx. 5 years (thereabouts)" sounds about right to me (that's regarding our "Rapture"... then the 7-yr trib follows that [connected by the "timing" words of "and then [kai tote]," which everywhere else in Scripture gives the sense of "no significant period of time between," or "consequently," or "then-following"], and which 7-yrs leads UP TO His Second Coming to the earth FOR the promised and prophesied earthly Millennial Kingdom [when we "return" WITH Him]... lock-step-like).
    Yea, he just mentioned "Rapture." That often means "Pretrib Rapture," but maybe not in his case--I don't know. I am a little put off by someone saying there is going to come some "sudden revelation." Unless God tells us that I'm not sure getting closer to the Lord's Coming is going to be heralded in that way. Pretribbers and Postribbers alike see the world as getting worse. Christians will be compromised, and may be *less aware.*

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    What kind of "prophecy" is this? How do you know people will know this or that sooner or later? Sounds hyped up to me. And I'm not surprised. Pretribbers view the doctrine of imminency as the means of creating "excitement" over the coming of the Lord. But in my view, it is a false excitement.
    I know you trust heavily in the scholars, who by definition, have no understanding of scripture. Though, you will by no means believe me now, you will understand soon enough. Remember this on the first day Hanukah this year.

2 Thes 2 positively declares, doctrinally and explicitly, that the day of the Lord's coming for his Church will *not* take place before Antichrist is revealed. Then Christ will return, for his Church, on the very day in which he will destroy the Antichrist. All this is what the letter clearly teaches. If you don't want to believe it, don't.
    Ah, the old 2 Thess 2 excuse. First, hear chapter one. Then, hear chapter two. Then you will know why they will be told they missed the day of the Lord. They did, but there is another.
    The church still does not understand what "the Just will live by faith" means. Those who wrote by the Spirit were not writing to those who live by faith. After Jesus has come and been revealed, those are the ones the scripture are written for.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviyah View Post
    Elijah already came.

Jesus began to speak to the crowds concerning John [the Baptist]: ... This is he of whom it is written, "Behold, I send my messenger before your face, who will prepare your way before you." ... For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John, and if you are willing to accept it, he is Elijah ... (Matthew 11)

The prophecy you're referring to has already been fulfilled.

In those days John the Baptist came preaching in the wilderness of Judea, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." For this is he who was spoken of by the prophet Isaiah ... (Matthew 3)
    Right. When does Jesus' prophecy apply? God routinely gives prophecy in the past tense. But, how can you be given credit for belief unless unbelief is a real option. Let me expound.

Matt 3:1 In those days John the Baptist came preaching in the wilderness of Judea, 2 and saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand!”

Was the kingdom of heaven at hand 2000 years ago? No.

Matt 3:7 “Brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

Did the wrath of God come 2000 years ago? No.

Matt 3:12 His winnowing fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clean out His threshing floor, and gather His wheat into the barn; but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”

Did Jesus gather the wheat into His barn 2000 years ago? No, the church was new. Did Jesus burn up anyone with a fire that will not be put out? No, but He will soon.

Matt 3:13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. 14 And if you are willing to receive it, he is Elijah who is to come. 15 He who has ears to hear, let him hear!
    Luke 1:17 He will also go before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah

Was John Elijah 2000 years ago? No. John 1:21 And they asked him, “What then? Are you Elijah?” He said, “I am not.”

Matt 17:11 Jesus answered and said to them, “Indeed, Elijah is coming first and will restore all things.

John had already come, yet Jesus says he "is coming first," future tense. Also, did John restore all things? No.

Luke 1:17 He will also go before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah

Did John come with the power of Elijah? No. John 10:41 Then many came to Him and said, “John performed no sign

Luke 1:17 ‘to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children,’ and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just, to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.”

What is the wisdom of the Just? The Just will live by faith, faith in Christ. Did John even know the gospel? Did make ready anyone prepared for the Lord? No.

Luke 1:76 “And you, child, will be called the prophet of the Highest; For you will go before the face of the Lord to prepare His ways, 77 To give knowledge of salvation to His people

Did John give the knowledge of salvation to anyone? He didn't even know the gospel, having been killed before Christ's resurrection. John preached repentance, not salvation.
    Luke 3:3 And he went into all the region around the Jordan, preaching a baptism of repentance for the remission of sins

Luke 3:4 as it is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet, saying: “The voice of one crying in the wilderness: ‘Prepare the way of the Lord; Make His paths straight. 5 Every valley shall be filled And every mountain and hill brought low; The crooked places shall be made straight And the rough ways smooth; 6 And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.’”

Did any of that happen? No, No, and No.

John 3:36 He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”

Did the wrath of God abide on unbelievers 2000 years ago? No.

Malachi 4:5 “And, behold, I will send to you Elijah the Tishbite, before the great and glorious day of Yehovah comes; 6 who shall turn again the heart of the father to the son, and the heart of a man to his neighbor, lest I come and strike the earth grievously.

Was the great and glorious Day of the Lord 2000 years ago? No. Did God strike the earth grievously when they didn't listen? No, but He will soon.

The answer to all this is quite simple, but it is hidden from the church for a reason. Jesus didn't want the church to spend 2000 years waiting on John to return and fulfill all these things instead of waiting for Him. There is nothing hidden that will not be revealed. John is indeed here and will be revealed in a few months. He will then do all that is written of him to get the church ready for the return of Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDivineWatermark View Post
    Yes, you are right. The great tribulation began the day Adam and Eve ate the fruit. Life has been hard ever since. The Holocaust, for example. The tens of thousands of men and women raped daily across the globe. The tens of thousands of saints rotting in jail cells for their faith. Etc. Many are focused on the time of the end tribulation, which will be great in intensity for sure. The Rev 7 scene is about the great/long tribulation from Adam til that day. So, a true pre-trib rapture isn't possible.

The seven year trib theory I do not subscribe to. Jesus is God's sacrifice and drink offering that was taken away in the midst of the week in Daniel 9, not the AC. The entire "time of the end" is laid out by Moses, which would take a while to explain. In short, the first 50 Jubilees had no 50th year. That didn't start until the Israelites entered the land exactly at the end of the 50th Jubilee. Therefore, the 120th Jubilee falls exactly 50 years before the year 6000. (The original Genesis 6:3 said 120 Jubilees for the Spirit to strive with man.) The time of the end is 50 years. That whole generation of unbelievers will die off, just as in Moses' day.

Remember, God said He declared the end from the beginning. Few have figured out what He meant. The seven-fold doctrine of creation, as Enoch called it. 6000 years man will work. 1000 years the saints will rest. Know the calendar and know when Jesus returns. The rapture is by no means a surprise. Luke 13:32 falls in line exactly with what the calendar Moses gave. Too bad the church has spent 2000 years trying to pretend Moses didn't happen.

Thread Information