Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Types and shadows

Re: Types and shadows

Quote Originally Posted by m'lo goy View Post
    I understand I just get concerned for Christians (those who think) the beast will "make war with the saints and overcome them", Rev 13:7) but the saints will be raptured before that. It's going to be a world-wide demand to either worship the beast and its image, or be killed (and Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego will endure the burning, foery furnace). Their deliverance is out of it, not before it.
    I'm sorry, on the day I was treating this subject I must've been highly distracted, which is not unusual in my location. You are, it seems, espousing Pretribism, which may account for my slight disagreements with you. I'm a firm Postrib--sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    I'm sorry, on the day I was treating this subject I must've been highly distracted, which is not unusual in my location. You are, it seems, espousing Pretribism, which may account for my slight disagreements with you. I'm a firm Postrib--sorry!
    Why do you say that (of his post)? At the end of his sentence, he clearly states "not BEFORE it" (that would be the "pre-trib" stance... it doesn't sound to ME like he holds to that). Have you checked your eye-glasses lately?

He was saying, he gets "concerned" for Christians who think we'll be "raptured out BEFORE that." Then he finishes his post with what I'd pointed out in the previous post, his words (and viewpoint), "not BEFORE it"

Quote Originally Posted by TheDivineWatermark View Post
    He was saying, he gets "concerned" for Christians who think we'll be "raptured out BEFORE that." Then he finishes his post with what I'd pointed out in the previous post, his words (and viewpoint), "not BEFORE it"
    Yea, I think he wasn't very clear, and I vacillated. He said this: "I just get concerned for Christians (those who think) the beast will "make war with the saints and overcome them", Rev 13:7) but the saints will be raptured before that."

Here, he said "the saints will be raptured before that." But then he seems to indicate there is this test over capitulating to the Beast or not, and the fact Christians suffer tribulation--not wrath.

It would be easier if he would sort of straighten things out here. There are a variety of positions within positions. For example, among Postribs there are Prewrath. And among Pretribs there are those who believe Christians suffer tribulation.

But you're probably right. I never try to assume to much, and take people at their word. I seem to recall other posts of his, although I often need to be "refreshed."

Thread Information