Thread: Will someone read this short paragraph and see if i left out anything?

Post Will someone read this short paragraph and see if i left out anything?

hi, I am trying to share the gospel with some people online and I want to make sure i didnt leave out anything.

Have you all heard what God did for us? God gave us his Son the Lord Jesus Christ, so that we can be saved and go to heaven when we die. Our lives are short compared to where we will spend eternity. Heaven is described as a beautiful place full of joy with no more sorrow, sickness, suffering and death. The reason we all think wrong things, say wrong things, and do wrong things is because we were born sinful. People who are not saved will go to hell and be separated from the love of God. The good news is that around 2000 years ago the Son of God already paid the penalty for our sins with his own blood when he died for us on the cross. Jesus qualifies to be our Savior because he is fully God and fully man. He died in our place and was buried for three days and then he came back to life and walked out of the tomb defeating death. To be saved all you need to do is acknowledge before God that you are a sinner and put your trust in the Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior. Do you believe in your heart the message I just shared with you and will you trust in the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal Savior? If your answer is yes, then you are saved. You now have the Holy Spirit within you to help you live for God. You can learn about growing in godliness by reading the Holy Bible a little everyday. Colossians is a good place to start reading and you can find it online and read it for free.

Re: Will someone read this short paragraph and see if i left out anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron72613 View Post
    hi, I am trying to share the gospel with some people online and I want to make sure i didnt leave out anything.

Have you all heard what God did for us? God gave us his Son the Lord Jesus Christ, so that we can be saved and go to heaven when we die. Our lives are short compared to where we will spend eternity. Heaven is described as a beautiful place full of joy with no more sorrow, sickness, suffering and death. The reason we all think wrong things, say wrong things, and do wrong things is because we were born sinful. People who are not saved will go to hell and be separated from the love of God. The good news is that around 2000 years ago the Son of God already paid the penalty for our sins with his own blood when he died for us on the cross. Jesus qualifies to be our Savior because he is fully God and fully man. He died in our place and was buried for three days and then he came back to life and walked out of the tomb defeating death. To be saved all you need to do is acknowledge before God that you are a sinner and put your trust in the Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior. Do you believe in your heart the message I just shared with you and will you trust in the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal Savior? If your answer is yes, then you are saved. You now have the Holy Spirit within you to help you live for God. You can learn about growing in godliness by reading the Holy Bible a little everyday. Colossians is a good place to start reading and you can find it online and read it for free.
    Any style you want to use to share the Gospel is fine. Your essentials appear to be there. I would personally love it if someone actually put me in a position to respond to their questions or concerns.

Formulas to explain the Gospel have personally worked well with me. As a "religious person" raised up in a largely-dead church I read some of these self-made formulas, and they made me think about how seriously I took my religion. I knew the formulas. I just didn't have many people outside of my own church ritual share them with me.

Today, I find that people seem less interested in "religion." It can't hurt to put into your own words both your formulation of the Gospel along with your own personal experience of Christ.

I do think it's important to phrase your beliefs in such a way that a person can experience it for himself or herself. Reciting a creed mostly has value for believers. Unbelievers want to understand something on their own level, before they have faith. If you can give them the pathway to having faith, you're well on your way.

For example, you might suggest that Christ is not just the Savior *as a belief,* but more, he is an experience and a spiritual resource who generates righteousness within you. Not only can you talk to God in your prayers at night, but you can also have direct spiritual help from God by participation in the love of His Son, by receiving his gift of the Holy Spirit.

Ron,
    The truth of the gospel is that Jesus taught we must repent to have our sins forgiven. The penalty for sin is the death of the sinner, not the death of Jesus.

Jesus was terribly abused by people who didn't want to repent of their sins. Because he was faithful to his Father, he rose from the unjust death he suffered.

Because we follow Jesus, we may suffer mistreatment. The Apostles and others were killed as our dear Savior was.

I agree with journeyman as I often do, the only real important thing I see missing is repentance , and the truth that all men will stand before Jesus Christ and answer for every deed we have done. Because of that truth , we must look toward repentance and follow Jesus doctrine that calls us to repentance ....we must acknowledge our sins , in order to realize we need to repent of them.

Quote Originally Posted by journeyman View Post
    Ron,
    The truth of the gospel is that Jesus taught we must repent to have our sins forgiven. The penalty for sin is the death of the sinner, not the death of Jesus.

Jesus was terribly abused by people who didn't want to repent of their sins. Because he was faithful to his Father, he rose from the unjust death he suffered.

Because we follow Jesus, we may suffer mistreatment. The Apostles and others were killed as our dear Savior was.
    Consider these;
    Matthew 26:28; "For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins."

Ephesians 1:7; "In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace".

Colossians 1:14; "In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins".

Hebrews 9:22; "And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission."

Repentance is the work WE do to obtain the advantage of what Christ's blood was shed for.

Quote Originally Posted by Walls View Post
    Consider these;
    Matthew 26:28; "For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins."

Ephesians 1:7; "In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace".

Colossians 1:14; "In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins".

Hebrews 9:22; "And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission."

Repentance is the work WE do to obtain the advantage of what Christ's blood was shed for.

repentance is a decision we make , it isn't a work , it's an act of faith. Otherwise salvation comes by works and Paul is wrong. Repentance is our daily path to walk in the decision we make based on our faith in Christ. For instance a person who lies a lot, the first step to repentance is to acknowledge lying is sin, the second is to acknowledge Jesus taught we must repent of our sins. If there is faith the conscience will go to work and the person will begin noticing thier lies and develope a sorrow over thier actions ....true repentance comes from Godly sorrow for our sins. It becomes not a work but a desire .....to be those who " hunger and thirst for righteousness" who want to forsake thier sinful lives in exchange for something infinitely better. The decision to repent, to change our sin as we recognize it is where the battle is . Sinners don't feel like repenting, but when you know the lord , you find something to create a desire to repent and come close into his presence because he is so wonderful and good to us

Quote Originally Posted by Walls View Post
    Consider these;

I was using repentance as a change of mind, which is faith, not a work of faith,

except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. Lk.13:3 = if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. Jn8:24

My disagreement with the op is about these two statements,
    the Son of God already paid the penalty for our sins..
    ..He died in our place
    Many Christians say these things, but it's not true and if we understand Mt.26:28 which you cited, it proves it isn't true.

The bread and wine are symbolic of Christs suffering and eating and drinking them shows communion, or fellowship with him in his suffering.

Paul said,

That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death Phil.3:10

Paul wanted to know how Jesus felt, being falsely accused, abused and condemned, and he found out, because he was unjustly persecuted by unbelievers himself. They all were.

Paul isn't saying he wanted to have fellowship or experience having Gods wrath poured out on him.

Jesus did "pay the price" of having mans wrath poured out on him, not the anger of his Father.

I was using repentance as a change of mind, which is faith, not a work of faith,

except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. Lk.13:3 = if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. Jn8:24

My disagreement with the op is about these two statements,

Many Christians say these things, but it's not true and if we understand Mt.26:28 which you cited, it proves it isn't true.

The bread and wine are symbolic of Christs suffering and eating and drinking them shows communion, or fellowship with him in his suffering.

Paul said,

That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death Phil.3:10

Paul wanted to know how Jesus felt, being falsely accused, abused and condemned, and he found out, because he was unjustly persecuted by unbelievers himself. They all were.

Paul isn't saying he wanted to have fellowship or experience having Gods wrath poured out on him.

Jesus did "pay the price" of having mans wrath poured out on him, not the anger of his Father.
    "Many Christians say these things, but it's not true and if we understand Mt.26:28 which you cited, it proves it isn't true."

Its a foundational truth of the gospel brother....he did pay the ransom price for our sins, it's what gives him the authority to mediate the new covenant, the fulfilling of the old covenant is the death of mankind for our sins. As you said earlier we are told clearly by the lord we must repent , the one who suffered and died specifically to pay the price for our sins , has said this and promised to return and judge the world according to the gospel he preached, according to the words of the judge he has promised to hold account. He died for sins under the first testament, to remove the condemnation over us, and allow repentance and remission of sin through Christ. Man was lost before Jesus came ....and are saved only through him.

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
    **1 John‬ *2:1-2‬ *KJV‬‬

“Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
    **1 John‬ *4:10‬ *KJV‬‬

“For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;”
    **Romans‬ *3:23-25‬ *KJV‬‬

“And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.”
    **Hebrews‬ *9:15, 26-28‬ *KJV‬‬

It's a foundational truth of the gospel that Jesus Christ died for our sins to pay the price , or ransom....there are many other foundational truths of the gospel, but indeed Christ Jesus suffered , bled and died to pay the penalty for our sins, and also to freely by his death justify us before God. Where people get it wrong is they then think we don't need to hear what he himself preached and believe it its not just Jesus died for our sins, but he also taught us the truths of God that save...

we are like the debtor who was forgiven his great debt , thanks to Jesus who paid the ransom price for sin , his suffering and death. We owed a debt of death because of sin, Jesus paid the price with his death and now we can live through him.

“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:”
    **1 Corinthians‬ *15:1-4‬ *KJV‬‬

this is importantly the earliest truth ' because without Jesus death for our sins, the whole world is already condemned by the first testament. Mankind are sinners , condemned by the law to death......this is the only reason Jesus came and laid his life down , to pay this price demanded by the law upon sin. We are obligated not to the law,mbut to choose and his words, his blood, his promises, his guidance, his warnings and directives, his sayings and teachings ....those things are the New Testament.

all of those things are the conditions which come along with the foundational truth that he died for our sins, and forgave us our sins who will believe him accepting his truth along with his blood and suffering for our sins. With his blood comes his words which are all power and authority forever because he is forever. It's important as Paul is reminding us there to remember our sins who belong to Jesus have been atoned for by him. This is the reason we belong to him , he paid the required ransom , to purchase us from sin and death sin , which is what condemns mankind to death. Now Jesus is our lord , his word is our life, his blood forgives us, his authority redeems us.

Quote Originally Posted by Follower1977 View Post
    Its a foundational truth of the gospel brother
    No it's not. You're misreading scriptures. If you look at my last post and concentrate on what Peter and Paul said concerning our sweet Saviors sacrifice, you'll see the truth of the gospel.

he did pay the ransom price for our sins, it's what gives him the authority to mediate the new covenant,
    His ransom was "paid" to intangibles, death and the grave, not to any person.

the fulfilling of the old covenant is the death of mankind for our sins.
    It's the death of the sinner for his own sin (Deu.24:16).

As you said earlier we are told clearly by the lord we must repent
    Yes, if we repent, God forgives us.

the one who suffered and died specifically to pay the price for our sins
    Jesus came preaching repentance and "paid for it" with his life. Jesus isn't a substitute for anyone.

He died for sins under the first testament, to remove the condemnation over us, and allow repentance and remission of sin through Christ. Man was lost before Jesus came ....and are saved only through him.
    Jesus didn't die "under the1st testament". He was put to death contrary to what the law allows.

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
    **1 John‬ *2:1-2‬ *KJV‬‬

“Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
    **1 John‬ *4:10‬ *KJV‬‬

“For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;”
    **Romans‬ *3:23-25‬ *KJV‬‬
    The "propitiation" is a pleasing to God. The Father was pleased that the Son remained faithful during suffering. God was not pleased that His Son was suffering.

“And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
    Under the old covenant, the sacrifice didn't take anyones place. Forgiveness was granted by confession, because of the sacrifice.

For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.”
    **Hebrews‬ *9:15, 26-28‬ *KJV‬‬
    The sins Jesus bore were those heaped on him during his earthly ministry.

These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren. Pro.6:16-19

Spilling innocent blood is a terrible sin toward God.

It's a foundational truth of the gospel that Jesus Christ died for our sins to pay the price , or ransom....there are many other foundational truths of the gospel, but indeed Christ Jesus suffered , bled and died to pay the penalty for our sins, and also to freely by his death justify us before God. Where people get it wrong is they then think we don't need to hear what he himself preached and believe it its not just Jesus died for our sins, but he also taught us the truths of God that save...

we are like the debtor who was forgiven his great debt , thanks to Jesus who paid the ransom price for sin , his suffering and death. We owed a debt of death because of sin, Jesus paid the price with his death and now we can live through him.

“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:”
    **1 Corinthians‬ *15:1-4‬ *KJV‬‬

this is importantly the earliest truth ' because without Jesus death for our sins, the whole world is already condemned by the first testament. Mankind are sinners , condemned by the law to death......this is the only reason Jesus came and laid his life down , to pay this price demanded by the law upon sin. We are obligated not to the law,mbut to choose and his words, his blood, his promises, his guidance, his warnings and directives, his sayings and teachings ....those things are the New Testament.

all of those things are the conditions which come along with the foundational truth that he died for our sins, and forgave us our sins who will believe him accepting his truth along with his blood and suffering for our sins. With his blood comes his words which are all power and authority forever because he is forever. It's important as Paul is reminding us there to remember our sins who belong to Jesus have been atoned for by him. This is the reason we belong to him , he paid the required ransom , to purchase us from sin and death sin , which is what condemns mankind to death. Now Jesus is our lord , his word is our life, his blood forgives us, his authority redeems us.
    When Paul says Christ died according to the scriptures, he means Jesus was falsely accused, unfairly tried and unjustly condemned.

For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me. Psa.69:9, Rom.15:3

They hated Jesus, because they hated his Father.

No it's not. You're misreading scriptures. If you look at my last post and concentrate on what Peter and Paul said concerning our sweet Saviors sacrifice, you'll see the truth of the gospel.

His ransom was "paid" to intangibles, death and the grave, not to any person.

It's the death of the sinner for his own sin (Deu.24:16).

Yes, if we repent, God forgives us.

Jesus came preaching repentance and "paid for it" with his life. Jesus isn't a substitute for anyone.

Jesus didn't die "under the1st testament". He was put to death contrary to what the law allows.

The "propitiation" is a pleasing to God. The Father was pleased that the Son remained faithful during suffering. God was not pleased that His Son was suffering.

Under the old covenant, the sacrifice didn't take anyones place. Forgiveness was granted by confession, because of the sacrifice.

The sins Jesus bore were those heaped on him during his earthly ministry.

These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren. Pro.6:16-19

Spilling innocent blood is a terrible sin toward God.

When Paul says Christ died according to the scriptures, he means Jesus was falsely accused, unfairly tried and unjustly condemned.

For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me. Psa.69:9, Rom.15:3

They hated Jesus, because they hated his Father.
    brother propitiation is an atonement for sin. It's not pleasing to God that his beloved son is crucified ....it's pleasing to God that he gave his life , as an atonement for the sins of the entire world. What propitiation is it pleases God , because of the substitution he made. That's what makes Jesus so worthy , his blood was shed because that was the price or redemption. We all have sin, we die and death has a claim upon us because sins only result is death. Jesus died having no sin, if mankind would be saved....he was rewuired to pay for mankinds sins, and did it of his free will.

wow , I don't think I've ever met a Christian who doesn't believe Jesus died for thier sins honestly , I'll respect your post there and leave it at that , which I don't even disagree with some of your points I would just again maybe quote this to you and let it be reconciled what the scriptures say...

It's sort of not even really debatable in my own view , it's so much a foundational truth . Think to yourself " what is a sacrifice for sin? ......it is the required price Gods word demands for sin. Whether in the law of Moses , sin requires a ransom price , a sacrifice to atone for it, it's been blood from the beginning. It's the entire reason Jesus died, he died specifically for our sins m and even those of the whole world.

I'm not sure why you disagree with the phrase Jesus died for our sins...it's even phrased that way by Paul....who I guess you are saying he phrased it wrong and I don't get it because I just believe what he said?

“For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.”
    **Mark‬ *10:45‬ *KJV‬‬

“For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.”
    **1 Timothy‬ *2:5-6‬ *KJV‬‬

what ransom needed to be paid if not the price for sin?

“For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;”
    **1 Corinthians‬ *15:3‬ *KJV‬‬

That's sort of simply put ..

“Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ, Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:”
    **Galatians‬ *1:3-4‬ *KJV‬‬

“Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.”
    **1 Peter‬ *2:24-25‬ *KJV‬‬

I'm. It sure I'm. Is understanding what the scriptures plainly say ....they always said it like you said " according to scripture"

“But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.”
    **Isaiah‬ *53:5-6, 10, 12‬ *KJV‬‬

Jesus Christ died to pay the price for your sins , and my sins, and thier sins he himself is the only atonement available I'm. Ot sure how Christianity exists without the understanding he died as a payment for our sins, or a sacrifice for them , which is the demanded set price of atonement....anyways , I know we all have a bit of a different belief often so ...God bless.

Originally posted by Follower 1977
    wow , I don't think I've ever met a Christian who doesn't believe Jesus died for thier sins[/quote]
    I never said or even implied that.

Thread Information