Thread: The words of Jesus Christ

The words of Jesus Christ

Just a point many probably already understand .....Instruction and promise....

But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall be given into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.”
    **Luke‬ *6:35-38‬ *KJV‬‬

Do unto others......this is the word of the one to whom we must give an account of ourselves, the judge . As he's teaching the many principles of the kingdom like the one above to his followers....he's also saying repeated lessons like this

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.”
    **John‬ *5:24-25‬ *KJV‬‬

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.”
    **John‬ *6:63‬ *KJV‬‬

“Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.”
    **John‬ *7:16-17‬ *KJV‬‬

“Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins....

...I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.....

....Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things....

....Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin...If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.....

....He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.........Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.”
    **John‬ *8:12, 23-24, 26, 28, 31-32, 34, 36, 47, 51‬ *KJV‬‬

Jesus entire ministry he was expressly saying " hear what I'm saying, keep it it is life , believe in me , believe my word I tell you the truth from God ....you will not see death, you will never die....But always his promises are tied to what he is teaching....

“Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: "...... Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.”
    **John‬ *18:36-37‬ *KJV‬‬

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.”
    **John‬ *10:27-29‬ *KJV‬‬

“Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?”
    **John‬ *11:25-26‬ *KJV‬‬

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.”
    **John‬ *12:48-50‬ *KJV‬‬

notice he keeps explaining he was sent by God and is speaking the things God told him to speak and teach? How he makes the point " I'm different you are from below I'm from above I came from heaven to earth...."

see Jesus came from heaven , to teach the things of God to mankind meant for salvation and eternal life to those who believe and eternal damnation to those who refuse to accept. He came to mediate the new and eternal covenant ....and then after he had spoken it forth he shed his blood in the similitude that Moses used to seal the first covenant at Sinai with Israel in blood.

And all along he is making these extraordinary promises about those who will hear and believe the gospel , those who will heed his word, accept his authority .....it's why one calls him Lord , were acknowledging his dominion over us, so then his words are our laws. It is the eternal kings decree

He continues making extraordinary claims about his word...

“Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.”
    **Matthew‬ *24:35‬ *KJV‬‬

“And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.”
    **Matthew‬ *24:14‬ *KJV‬‬

“Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.”
    **Hebrews‬ *13:8‬ *KJV‬‬

“And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
    **Matthew‬ *28:18-20‬ *KJV‬‬

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
    **Mark‬ *16:15-16‬ *KJV‬‬

To share the gospel , we simply need to share the things Jesus taught his followers .....think it through and God bless.

Forgivness, mercy, reconciliation when there is an offense , compassion upon the meek and needy, actual care for the other people God loves so desperately ....this is what Jesus taught and said this doctrine is eternal life. Then the apostles remind us often not to stray from the teachings of Jesus Christ....

Re: The words of Jesus Christ

We must love each other in the church ( the littlest brother/sisters of Christ.)1 John 4:1-29 make it clear that if we have truly been born of God/saved then we will truly love each other in the Church.
    But remember John 3:15-16 make it clear (and many other passages ) that believing in Jesus as God and that Jesus will save them, assures the one believing eternal life in Heaven.

I gently remind people that we cannot make salvation too hard for the lost to attain. Jesus warned even the Pharisees about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    We must love each other in the church ( the littlest brother/sisters of Christ.)1 John 4:1-29 make it clear that if we have truly been born of God/saved then we will truly love each other in the Church.
    But remember John 3:15-16 make it clear (and many other passages ) that believing in Jesus as God and that Jesus will save them, assures the one believing eternal life in Heaven.

I gently remind people that we cannot make salvation too hard for the lost to attain. Jesus warned even the Pharisees about this.
    yea we have to love one another in what we do, our actions . Stealing from someone isn't love, lying to someone isn't love, committing adultery against someone isn't love, bearing false witness isn't love , it's not love for God to have any other gods before him.....in other words we can't just say " I love everyone" we actually have to love other people with the means we have ...clothe the naked, feed the hungry, drink for the thirsty, hospitality, charity, compassion that moves us to act in love...that's what Jesus teaches.

forgiving someone is loving them, helping a needy person when you are able, is to love them. Reconciling a matter with someone quickly and not bearing a grudge...is to love someone. Offering help to the ones who need help ....is to love them. Sin , is mostly about how we treat other people....when I do someone wrong, lie to them, cheat them, deceive them, commit violence against them , plot harm against them, bear false witness against them ....I'm sinning " thou shalt nots" are mostly how we aren't supposed to treat each other, while the gospel , Christ teaches us how to love Gods way....

and John 3:16 doesn't say you must believe in Jesus as God .....I'm not sure where you came up with that , actually that verse isn't in the bible

See we have this understanding about " love fulfills the law" and " the righteousness of the law is met in us through Christ " " love thy neighbor as thyself , for this fulfills the law"

but the thing is to say " love one another" is a summary , to love others is to learn the things Christ taught ,many walk in the spirit of those things through our lives. The law was always about how we acknowledge the true and only God....and how we treat one another. To keep the commandments of Christ is to love others, we love in his ways the things he taught his followers . Forgive one another , when there is an issue between two of you , reconcile the issue as soon as you can , don't let the grudges fester. take mind of how you are looking at others of the opposite sex. Don't look at them with lust thinking and imagining things, desiring through the flesh ....but instead look at them as a brother or sister in Christ , a child of God.

Jesus teachings are different , through our faith in him , his teachings actually change our minds and hearts ...changes the way we understand and think about the things of God. The law said to sinners " do not commit adultery, against each other....do not lie to each other, or about each other...don't steal from each other...do not kill one another ...do not covet one another's possessions and wives....but in the law there is nothing that works internally to condemn the sin in our hearts, which causes the sin in our lives.

“For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.”
    **Mark‬ *7:21-23‬ *KJV‬‬

Jesus is speaking of the things Paul is speaking of , this law of sin within mankind. This wasn't so from the beginning , but through the course of events in Genesis three, mankind had been corrupted at our core , in our minds and hearts are both good and evil.

Jesus speaking of this internal evil that comes from within our hearts, ...evil thoughts , deceit, pride,mad ulterior , fornications ect...Jesus is saying we do those things because they are in our minds and hearts , we lust....so then we sin according to what is within our hearts, thoughts , imaginations , desires within us, the spiritual part of mankind. Jesus established where the issue lies...Paul is offering further revelation of how this works in man to bring us into service to sin.

“For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
    **Romans‬ *7:14-15, 17, 21-23‬ *KJV‬‬

because our nature is conflicted this way , we are sinners. We can do everything good , but then eventually we are going to also do evil , whether a lie , a cheat, a deception or more serious things, part of mankinds nature is this law of sin dwelling in us. Paul then gives the answer , as Jesus also had in his ministry.

“There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

....Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
    **Romans‬ *8:1-6, 12-13‬ *KJV‬‬

through the spirit , put to death the deeds of the body....this is accomplished through the gospel and following Christ's doctrine.

“Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.”
    **Matthew‬ *16:24-25‬ *KJV‬‬

“And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.”
    **Galatians‬ *5:24-25‬ *KJV‬‬

“Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.....That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.”
    **John‬ *3:3, 6‬ *KJV‬‬

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.”
    **John‬ *6:63‬ *KJV‬‬

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
    **John‬ *5:24‬ *KJV‬‬

Jesus doctrine is what overcomes the sin within us , this law of sin Paul is speaking of in chapter 6-8 . Jesus teaches us to combat the internal things , the lust, the grudge bearing , the Unforgiveness, the hate, the greed, the pride and self righteousness ect...those things are how the law of sin holds us captive , we are set free through the gospel, the doctrine of Christ from the issue internally, that's why we sin because of the law of sin in us.

“Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
    **John‬ *8:31-32, 34, 36‬ *KJV‬‬

Paul speaks of it here also

“Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

....But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
    **Romans‬ *6:16-18, 22-23‬ *KJV‬‬

“Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:”
    **2 John‬ *1:9-10‬ *KJV‬‬

By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?”
    **1 John‬ *5:2-5‬ *KJV‬‬

If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you. He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.”
    **John‬ *14:15-17, 20-21, 23-26‬ *KJV‬‬

always it is connected to,his teachings, commandments, his sayings, his words in the gospel. Very few people share the gospel these days it seems like ....

Thread Information