Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 44 of 44

Thread: Who is this beast?

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pitt Meadows b.c.
    Posts
    5,015
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who is this beast?

    Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    I don't recall you comparing Revelation and Jesus using the same words? What same words? The False Prophet of Revelation is very different than Jesus calling the Pharisees names!
    See post 7

    On a side note mosses did predict that a false prophet would come from Israel in deteromy but Iím sure it happened more than once

  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Clanton Alabama
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: Who is this beast?

    Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    My point is that you said that the spirit of antichrist is eternal and was never created and the scriptures proved that you are wrong

    Be honest with yourself and this forum we all make mistakes
    I wasn't speaking about the anti-christ spirit in the last post. I stand by that, if you don;t understand God can't be Holy unless there is an opposite spirit, then that is on you brother. I though you were referencing Jesus wasn't Eternal, thus I named the Holy Spirit and Jesus as eternal beings.

    There has ALWAYS been a Spirit of evil.....just like there has always been a spirit that is Holy. It just is. If God is Holy.....then there has to be an evil opposite.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pitt Meadows b.c.
    Posts
    5,015
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who is this beast?

    Quote Originally Posted by Revelation Man View Post
    I wasn't speaking about the anti-christ spirit in the last post. I stand by that, if you don;t understand God can't be Holy unless there is an opposite spirit, then that is on you brother. I though you were referencing Jesus wasn't Eternal, thus I named the Holy Spirit and Jesus as eternal beings.

    There has ALWAYS been a Spirit of evil.....just like there has always been a spirit that is Holy. It just is. If God is Holy.....then there has to be an evil opposite.
    No there hasnít the verses I provided proved there hasnít to not believe that is rejecting the bible please reread the verses

    God is holy be god is holy god isnít holy because there is something unholy

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pitt Meadows b.c.
    Posts
    5,015
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who is this beast?

    Quote Originally Posted by Revelation Man View Post
    I wasn't speaking about the anti-christ spirit in the last post. I stand by that, if you don;t understand God can't be Holy unless there is an opposite spirit, then that is on you brother. I though you were referencing Jesus wasn't Eternal, thus I named the Holy Spirit and Jesus as eternal beings.

    There has ALWAYS been a Spirit of evil.....just like there has always been a spirit that is Holy. It just is. If God is Holy.....then there has to be an evil opposite.
    Do you disagree and think the the verses below are wrong? You are still claiming things but not addressing the verses

    1 Timothy 6:13-16
    13 In the sight of God, who gives life to everything, and of Christ Jesus, who while testifying before Pontius Pilate made the good confession, I charge you 14 to keep this command without spot or blame until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15 which God will bring about in his own timeóGod, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16 who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen.

    The verses claim that god gave life to everything and that god alone is immortal so do you agree or disagree with Paul?

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Pacific NW, USA
    Posts
    11,278

    Re: Who is this beast?

    Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    See post 7

    On a side note mosses did predict that a false prophet would come from Israel in deteromy but Iím sure it happened more than once
    I have indeed been referencing post #7, and there is nothing in it that links Jesus' statements about false prophets to Rev 13, except in a very nondescript way. You said:

    John 8:44
    44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your fatherís desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies
    Jesus also links the Pharisees to the satan the dragon in the verse above
    If you were satan wouldn't do your best to wipe out the church when it first started?


    John 8.44 certainly links the Pharisees to Satan, and in 1 John 5 John links "the whole world" to Satan. So I see no distinct link between the Pharisees being "satanic" and the False Prophet of Rev 13 being "satanic." You might as well say the "whole world" is the False Prophet because it is "satanic," as well?

  6. #36
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Clanton Alabama
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: Who is this beast?

    Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    Do you disagree and think the the verses below are wrong? You are still claiming things but not addressing the verses

    1 Timothy 6:13-16
    13 In the sight of God, who gives life to everything, and of Christ Jesus, who while testifying before Pontius Pilate made the good confession, I charge you 14 to keep this command without spot or blame until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15 which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16 who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen.

    The verses claim that god gave life to everything and that god alone is immortal so do you agree or disagree with Paul?
    You don't get the concept I am speaking of it seems. God is a SPIRIT not a Created being of course, as is Jesus the Son and the Holy Spirit, they are just not God in full as per the Glory of God/the ABUNDANCE of the Father, or they couldn't come into mankind's presence, lest we die because of the Glory...Moses could not look upon God lest he would die. Men can look upon Jesus and the Holy Spirit can live in our hearts.

    Likewise, the anti-GOD/Christ spirit is a Spirit, not a Created being. Its like God is Holy, this evil spirit as has to be eternal. Not understanding you can't have an Eternal Holy Being without there being an Eternal Evil Being is js kinda odd thinking to me, but alas I only git thus recently, even though after I pondered it I understood, this is an easy concept to understand, but God is silent on it most of the time.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pitt Meadows b.c.
    Posts
    5,015
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who is this beast?

    Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    I have indeed been referencing post #7, and there is nothing in it that links Jesus' statements about false prophets to Rev 13, except in a very nondescript way. You said:

    John 8:44
    44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your fatherís desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies
    Jesus also links the Pharisees to the satan the dragon in the verse above
    If you were satan wouldn't do your best to wipe out the church when it first started?


    John 8.44 certainly links the Pharisees to Satan, and in 1 John 5 John links "the whole world" to Satan. So I see no distinct link between the Pharisees being "satanic" and the False Prophet of Rev 13 being "satanic." You might as well say the "whole world" is the False Prophet because it is "satanic," as well?
    Do you think that there could be anything to the false prophet as the only beast being a clean animal and also being referred to as a lamb

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pitt Meadows b.c.
    Posts
    5,015
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who is this beast?

    Quote Originally Posted by Revelation Man View Post
    You don't get the concept I am speaking of it seems. God is a SPIRIT not a Created being of course, as is Jesus the Son and the Holy Spirit, they are just not God in full as per the Glory of God/the ABUNDANCE of the Father, or they couldn't come into mankind's presence, lest we die because of the Glory...Moses could not look upon God lest he would die. Men can look upon Jesus and the Holy Spirit can live in our hearts.

    Likewise, the anti-GOD/Christ spirit is a Spirit, not a Created being. Its like God is Holy, this evil spirit as has to be eternal. Not understanding you can't have an Eternal Holy Being without there being an Eternal Evil Being is js kinda odd thinking to me, but alas I only git thus recently, even though after I pondered it I understood, this is an easy concept to understand, but God is silent on it most of the time.
    God isnít silent on it he inspired Paul to write the verses that I quoted you just choose to reject what God said and choose to believe in the lie of Satan of God not being the only uncreated one but God is the only uncreated one thatís what makes him God

    Again God is God because of who he is not because there has to be an opposite of an eternal non created evil spirit

    I agree that Jesus stepped down to be a little lower that the angels while here on earth but do you agree that he is equal to the Father now?

    The holy sprit has been and always will be God and equal to the Father he is just God in a different forum

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Pacific NW, USA
    Posts
    11,278

    Re: Who is this beast?

    Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    Do you think that there could be anything to the false prophet as the only beast being a clean animal and also being referred to as a lamb
    Yes, as I said the Roman Catholic Church, if turned apostate by a corrupt pope, could produce a "lamb" in appearance, and yet be driven by Satan. This more likely would be a "Beast"--not Israel. When it was written, the "beasts" were, I think, viewed as pagan nations attacking Israel. In this case, the beast appears as a "lamb."

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Clanton Alabama
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: Who is this beast?

    Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    Itís quite something that people keep saying the antichrist when there isnít any the antichrist the bible says that there are many antichrist but who were they?

    Below are the only verses in the bible with the word antichrist

    2 John 1:7
    7 I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

    1 John 4:3
    3 but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

    1 John 2:22
    22 Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichristódenying the Father and the Son.

    1 John 2:18-19
    18 Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour. 19 They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.

    John tells us that antichrist is a spirit and John describes the non believing Jews of his days as that antichrists spirit
    Like I said, you keep citing these verses and they mean nothing as per to what I am speaking about !! So you have cited nothing. I will POST the KJV because people have a tendency to use different bibles that favor an argument, which I find off tbh.

    2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

    This is speaking about PEOPLE who are anti-God/Christ.....it explains nothing about the anti-christ/God spirit.

    1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

    So every spirit means Every Demon and Every Human Spirit/person that says Jesus is not God are all of the ANTI-CHRIST/GOD Spirit....its a EVIL SPIRIT....Not Satan.

    1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

    This means he is of the anti-Christ spirit or anti-God spirit......not THE ANTI-Christ.

    1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. 19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

    Here we see that John is shown that in the End Times a person SHALL COME that will be THAT ANTI-CHRIST [Person]. But he says even now there are many people who are anti-christ/God....some were with us, but went their own way !!

    So this coming man John calls THAT Anti-Christ....there are man people who are anti-christ/God....thus they are of an anti-God SPIRIT....1 John 4:3 speaks about the anti-christ or anti-God spirit.

    These verses prove no such thing you stated, which is why I knew I didn't need to revisit them, but you insisted.

    The anti-God/christ spirit is eternal, you can't have an eternal Holy God without an eternal unholy spirit.

    THE ANTI-CHRIST MAN.....is not a Spirit, he's referred to as THAT ANTI-CHRIST which will come or that MAN who is Anti-Christ....but there are many against god and they all follow an anti-God or unholy spirit.

    Its an eternal being....once one understand God is eternal, I don't get why the concept is so hard to pick up....you can't have something Holy unless there is an opposite unholy spirit. BOTH GAVE TO BE ETERNAL !! Have to be.....have to be.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Coastal Mountains
    Posts
    8,236

    Re: Who is this beast?

    Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    Yes, as I said the Roman Catholic Church, if turned apostate by a corrupt pope, could produce a "lamb" in appearance, and yet be driven by Satan. This more likely would be a "Beast"--not Israel. When it was written, the "beasts" were, I think, viewed as pagan nations attacking Israel. In this case, the beast appears as a "lamb."
    We should re-consider this idea that the second beast is "like a lamb". Symbolic precedent is that countries are represented by large animals with horns. This symbolism is strong in Dan 7, Dan 8, Rev 13 and Rev 17.

    In the same way the second beast is not like a lamb, it is clearly a beast. Yet it has two HORNS like a lamb. (small little horns). This means that the false prophet beast has two tiny geographical centres (yet this beast has much religious world influence.)

    It has two horns like a lamb, the only two places that match this, are the Vatican and the old Istanbul Islamic Caliphate, both curiously in the two old capitals of the Roman Empire. Neither have armies, nor large geographical areas of authority, yet historically have influenced vast regions and many wars.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Pacific NW, USA
    Posts
    11,278

    Re: Who is this beast?

    Quote Originally Posted by DurbanDude View Post
    We should re-consider this idea that the second beast is "like a lamb". Symbolic precedent is that countries are represented by large animals with horns. This symbolism is strong in Dan 7, Dan 8, Rev 13 and Rev 17.

    In the same way the second beast is not like a lamb, it is clearly a beast. Yet it has two HORNS like a lamb. (small little horns). This means that the false prophet beast has two tiny geographical centres (yet this beast has much religious world influence.)

    It has two horns like a lamb, the only two places that match this, are the Vatican and the old Istanbul Islamic Caliphate, both curiously in the two old capitals of the Roman Empire. Neither have armies, nor large geographical areas of authority, yet historically have influenced vast regions and many wars.
    Very reasonable position. I concur.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pitt Meadows b.c.
    Posts
    5,015
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who is this beast?

    Quote Originally Posted by Revelation Man View Post
    Like I said, you keep citing these verses and they mean nothing as per to what I am speaking about !! So you have cited nothing. I will POST the KJV because people have a tendency to use different bibles that favor an argument, which I find off tbh.

    2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

    This is speaking about PEOPLE who are anti-God/Christ.....it explains nothing about the anti-christ/God spirit.

    1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

    So every spirit means Every Demon and Every Human Spirit/person that says Jesus is not God are all of the ANTI-CHRIST/GOD Spirit....its a EVIL SPIRIT....Not Satan.

    1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

    This means he is of the anti-Christ spirit or anti-God spirit......not THE ANTI-Christ.

    1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. 19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

    Here we see that John is shown that in the End Times a person SHALL COME that will be THAT ANTI-CHRIST [Person]. But he says even now there are many people who are anti-christ/God....some were with us, but went their own way !!

    So this coming man John calls THAT Anti-Christ....there are man people who are anti-christ/God....thus they are of an anti-God SPIRIT....1 John 4:3 speaks about the anti-christ or anti-God spirit.

    These verses prove no such thing you stated, which is why I knew I didn't need to revisit them, but you insisted.

    The anti-God/christ spirit is eternal, you can't have an eternal Holy God without an eternal unholy spirit.

    THE ANTI-CHRIST MAN.....is not a Spirit, he's referred to as THAT ANTI-CHRIST which will come or that MAN who is Anti-Christ....but there are many against god and they all follow an anti-God or unholy spirit.

    Its an eternal being....once one understand God is eternal, I don't get why the concept is so hard to pick up....you can't have something Holy unless there is an opposite unholy spirit. BOTH GAVE TO BE ETERNAL !! Have to be.....have to be.
    Im not sure why you say that I keep bringing this up I didn't it is an older post below is the most recent post I sent you

    God isnít silent on it he inspired Paul to write the verses that I quoted you just choose to reject what God said and choose to believe in the lie of Satan of God not being the only uncreated one but God is the only uncreated one thatís what makes him God

    Again God is God because of who he is not because there has to be an opposite of an eternal non created evil spirit

    I agree that Jesus stepped down to be a little lower that the angels while here on earth but do you agree that he is equal to the Father now?

    The holy sprit has been and always will be God and equal to the Father he is just God in a different forum

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    4,970
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Who is this beast?

    Quote Originally Posted by DurbanDude View Post
    We should re-consider this idea that the second beast is "like a lamb". Symbolic precedent is that countries are represented by large animals with horns. This symbolism is strong in Dan 7, Dan 8, Rev 13 and Rev 17.

    In the same way the second beast is not like a lamb, it is clearly a beast. Yet it has two HORNS like a lamb. (small little horns). This means that the false prophet beast has two tiny geographical centres (yet this beast has much religious world influence.)

    It has two horns like a lamb, the only two places that match this, are the Vatican and the old Istanbul Islamic Caliphate, both curiously in the two old capitals of the Roman Empire. Neither have armies, nor large geographical areas of authority, yet historically have influenced vast regions and many wars.
    The two horns are to represent the two tribes of the southern kingdom. Judah, Benjamin. The supposed origin of this counterfeit lamb [of god].

    Note the other 10 horns are seen in the first beast.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: Sep 7th 2017, 03:37 PM
  2. Discussion The Beast from the Sea, the Beast from the Earth, its Image, its Mark and its Number
    By Kofoworola Awojobi in forum End Times Chat
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: Jul 23rd 2015, 08:44 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •