Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 51 of 51

Thread: Who is this beast?

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pitt Meadows b.c.
    Posts
    5,197
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who is this beast?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Timm View Post
    Marty, Just seen your question. Who is the Beast of Rev. 13:11? I've viewed many of the responses so what I'm suggesting is for you and those who have responded as well, for I sincerely believe you all are missing the intended interpretation of the first beast of Rev. 13, which comes up out of the sea and the second which comes up out of the earth in vs.11.

    Please give this serious thought. The earth has seven billion people living on it this time. According the the International Bible Society only 25% claim to be Christian. Of that 25% there is great diversity over Bible Teachings not to mention the other 75% don't even know who Jesus is. As bleak as this may sound, the good news is this is not a problem for God. The Father knows the beginning from the end and before earth was ever created He predetermined a series of events in which His gospel shall go out to the entire world and then the end shall come. (Mat 24:14) God is going to use this gospel to seperate the sheep from the goats. Rev. reveals how He will do this, as it was written primarily for those who will be alive during the Tribulation.

    Since Rev. has been written expositors of many different faiths have interpreted these prophecies and there are hundreds out there. However, their diversity just cancel each other out. Would you not agree, that there can only be "ONE TRUE INTERPRETATION"? I thinks so! And there is. However, the keys to understanding Rev. is found in the book of Daniel. (Dan. 12:4&9) According to these two texts, Daniel was told to, seal of the
    scroll [book] until the "time of the end." What God purposely kept hidden in this book are the four keys/laws/hermeneutics which most be used to arrive at true meaning of the prophecies in both the books of Dan. and Rev.

    The study of apocalyptic prophecy is my spiritual gift, I have been studying it for three decades. Should you like to read what I believe is the best study source out there in print, go to Amazon Books, and get the book in paperback or online. The title is, "JESUS FINAL VICTORY", by Larry Willson. He is an author and teacher, and none-denominational too. Simply amazing study.

    Blessing Brother,
    Dennis Timm
    Hi Dennis thanks for your reply qand welcome to the forum.

    I myself see most of revelation as symbolic and in the first century as you say Daniel was told to seal up scroll because the time was in the future but John was told to not seal up the scroll because the time was near

    I see the beast as a demon influencing Rome and its leaders mostly Nero

    You are right there are so many interpretations of revelation but I use the bible to interpret revelation and to help keep me grounded below is a rule that I use

    The whole of scripture is greater than the sum of its individual passages. You can not comprehend the bible as a whole without comprehending its individual passages and you cannot comprehend its individual passages without comprehending the bible as a whole. The individual passages can never be interpreted in a way as to conflict the whole of scripture

    Thanks for the tip on the book I will look it up

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Pacific NW, USA
    Posts
    11,632

    Re: Who is this beast?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Timm View Post
    Marty, Just seen your question. Who is the Beast of Rev. 13:11? I've viewed many of the responses so what I'm suggesting is for you and those who have responded as well, for I sincerely believe you all are missing the intended interpretation of the first beast of Rev. 13, which comes up out of the sea and the second which comes up out of the earth in vs.11.

    Please give this serious thought. The earth has seven billion people living on it this time. According the the International Bible Society only 25% claim to be Christian. Of that 25% there is great diversity over Bible Teachings not to mention the other 75% don't even know who Jesus is. As bleak as this may sound, the good news is this is not a problem for God. The Father knows the beginning from the end and before earth was ever created He predetermined a series of events in which His gospel shall go out to the entire world and then the end shall come. (Mat 24:14) God is going to use this gospel to seperate the sheep from the goats. Rev. reveals how He will do this, as it was written primarily for those who will be alive during the Tribulation.

    Since Rev. has been written expositors of many different faiths have interpreted these prophecies and there are hundreds out there. However, their diversity just cancel each other out. Would you not agree, that there can only be "ONE TRUE INTERPRETATION"? I thinks so! And there is. However, the keys to understanding Rev. is found in the book of Daniel. (Dan. 12:4&9) According to these two texts, Daniel was told to, seal of the
    scroll [book] until the "time of the end." What God purposely kept hidden in this book are the four keys/laws/hermeneutics which most be used to arrive at true meaning of the prophecies in both the books of Dan. and Rev.

    The study of apocalyptic prophecy is my spiritual gift, I have been studying it for three decades. Should you like to read what I believe is the best study source out there in print, go to Amazon Books, and get the book in paperback or online. The title is, "JESUS FINAL VICTORY", by Larry Willson. He is an author and teacher, and none-denominational too. Simply amazing study.

    Blessing Brother,
    Dennis Timm
    I am a futurist, and agree that Revelation was focused, largely, on the last generation of this age. However, I think the "unsealing" for the "time of the end" may refer to the transition from OT to NT at the cross of Christ. That unsealed the revelation of Christ as the fulfillment of OT typology.

    Nevertheless, Christian truth will be consummated in these endtimes, when Christ returns to destroy the Antichrist. I'm a Postribber, so I think this is a time all generations of Christians should be able to learn from since there are antichrists in every generation.

    Remaining vigilant for Christ's Coming is not so much a matter of standing and looking up, waiting for him, as the need to expose deceivers who sidetrack people. Things like materialism and false religion detract from the revelation of Christ, and it is our duty to remain vigilant to expose these things, helping others to spiritually prepare for the endtime judgment.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    8,227
    Blog Entries
    13

    Re: Who is this beast?

    Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    "Beast".....is no know country. The kingdom is called a "beast" as it has no name. So stop trying to associate a country to the beast. The beast kingdom origin is Hell which comes upon the earth (Hell on earth). The fourth kingdom is this hell on earth which we see rise up in Rev 13.
    Well, who said you don't have a pretty unique definition of what a "beast" represents in scripture even if you're hopelessly far from the truth?

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    8,227
    Blog Entries
    13

    Re: Who is this beast?

    Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    Which Scripture by John do you mean?

    You completely ignored my scripture about God being the only uncreated and eternal one can you admit that you were mistaken? We all are at times
    If your point is that God created Satan, yes he did. What's next?

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    8,227
    Blog Entries
    13

    Re: Who is this beast?

    Quote Originally Posted by Revelation Man View Post
    There has ALWAYS been a Spirit of evil.....just like there has always been a spirit that is Holy. It just is. If God is Holy.....then there has to be an evil opposite.
    I completely agree. There has to be evil to contrast and reflect God's holiness.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pitt Meadows b.c.
    Posts
    5,197
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who is this beast?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    If your point is that God created Satan, yes he did. What's next?
    Sorry but what do you mean?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: Sep 7th 2017, 03:37 PM
  2. Discussion The Beast from the Sea, the Beast from the Earth, its Image, its Mark and its Number
    By Kofoworola Awojobi in forum End Times Chat
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: Jul 23rd 2015, 08:44 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •