Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What does having the 'Mind of Christ' mean?

Re: What does having the 'Mind of Christ' mean?

To have the mind of Christ is to have the Holy Spirit.

We have the mind of Christ because we have the Spirit by whom we understand spiritual things.
    Grace and peace unto you from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ!

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious View Post
    To have the mind of Christ is to have the Holy Spirit.

We have the mind of Christ because we have the Spirit by whom we understand spiritual things.
    Yes, and I would quickly say that being led by the Spirit is not always hearing specific instructions as to what we should be doing. On the contrary, being led by the Spirit is more often a directive to remain in God's love and driven by the priorities of His wisdom. He does not lead us by a rope through our noses. Rather, He expects us to freely choose to follow the course of His goodness, using the faculties He's given us in a productive way.

Quote Originally Posted by hobie View Post
    In Romans 11:34 Paul asks the question

"For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?"

Then in 1 Corinthians 2:16, he repeats the question

"For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ."

But now Paul says we have the mind of Christ, so what does that mean?

how does one get the mind of a physician? They learn the knowledge imparted to them through words in medical books. They study and learn because , they want to be a doctor, want to learn the mind of a doctor.....after a time , after practice , after walking the walk of a medical student....eventually the persons mind has changed , now , they are full of information about helping sick people get well. The doctors mind has changed through the knowledge of medicine...

when he begins practicing medicine ,mthe doesn't have to carry the books with him anymore in order to know the information....he thinks , like a doctor now , when he sees symptoms , his mind knows now what is causing the issue inside the person.....he now has the mind of a physician.

when Jesus was resurrected he said " go forth unto ll the world , all nations and preach this same gospel, the same teachings I taught you , teach them.....because our minds are transformed from sinners minds , to those of Gids children ...through the knowledge of the gospel of his son Jesus Christ. We learn the words of Christ , which imparts his mind, his thoughts about things....

No. The mind of Christ in 1 Cor 2 is the gospel, not all the written word.

Act 10:36* The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all*
    Act 10:37* That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;*
    Act 10:38* How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.*
    Act 10:39* And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:*
    Act 10:40* Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly;*
    Act 10:41* Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead.*
    Act 10:42* And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.*

1Co 2:1* And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.*
    1Co 2:2* For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.*
    1Co 2:3* And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.*
    1Co 2:4* And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:*
    1Co 2:5* That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.*
    1Co 2:6* Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:*
    1Co 2:7* But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:*
    1Co 2:8* Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Just like "conformed in his image" is not some silly works based religious life long process of sanctification" but a result of being born again.

Thread Information