Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Christian Calendar

The Christian Calendar

Have you all seen the modern Christian Calendar?
    http://www.newjerusalemcalendar.com/GODBLESSAMERICA.pdf

Re: The Christian Calendar

Hi Russell722,

I agree with evangelism and spreading the word of God.
    However, Jesus says his kingdom is not of this world.

John 18:36
    Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.”

I looked at the calendar pdf. How would you personally get people to accept it?

-Josh
    The eyes of the LORD are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good.

Revelation 21:2
    ďAnd I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.Ē

Revelation 21:3
    ďAnd I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.Ē

This is the new Jerusalem for the Kingdom of God and Jesus Christ on Earth. We have the Holy Bible and the calendar of Godís holy city New Jerusalem. God is with us.

Revelation 21:1
    Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.

The holy city that is the "new Jerusalem" which comes down from heaven may be a part of the heaven in which God dwells. I do not believe this verse is saying that the final kingdom of God will be on the current earth; I believe this verse is saying the final kingdom of God will be in heaven -- that's why verse 3 says the dwelling place of God is with man. As you may know, Revelation is largely symbolic. The context of Revelation 21 better fits a theme of eternity with God and mankind in heaven, rather than a mere kingdom on earth...

Josh
    The eyes of the LORD are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good.

Think of the old Gregorian calendar system as the old heaven and old earth and the New Jerusalem Calendar system as the new heaven and new earth.

You would need some sort of evidence if you want to interpret the verse that way. I could in a similar way say to think of pepperoni pizza as the old heaven and the old earth and vegetable pizza as the new heaven and the new earth because I want everyone to start eating vegetable pizza instead of pepperoni pizza... also it appears that the "new calendar" is the same as the "old calendar" except that January and February are at the end rather than at the start of the year...

Pizzas are a little different than Calendar systems that govern society. Notice on the New Jerusalem Calendar of God that Godís 7 holy day dates match the Holy Bible. If you are going to be a Christian of top knowledge, you want your calendar to flow with the Holy Bible so that you can explain the story properly. With the Gregorian system you canít do that.

Sept means 7 so September is the 7th month. Oct means 8 etc

Quote Originally Posted by Russell722 View Post
    Have you all seen the modern Christian Calendar?
    http://www.newjerusalemcalendar.com/GODBLESSAMERICA.pdf
    If God had wanted a "nice orderly calendar," He would not have made the year 365 days, 5 hours, 48 minutes, and 46 seconds long.

Plus this proposal gets Easter wrong, because it loses the connection between Easter and the "Passover Moon."

Easter is on Sunday March 22 every year right after Passover and the Feast of Unleavened Bread on March 14-21. Notice that Passover is on March 14 which is 1/14 since March is the first month.

As for the leap day, we can eliminate it by lengthening the definition of a second so that we would just need to use leap seconds every now and then. But first letís unite the global Christian Church on the fixed date for Easter.

Easter is on Sunday March 22 every year right after Passover
    Like I said, you're losing the connection between Easter and the "Passover Moon." There is no way that Christians are going to accept that.

As for the leap day, we can eliminate it by lengthening the definition of a second
    You're kidding, right?

The Bible says Passover is on 1/14. Christians agree with the Bible.

The Bible says Passover is on 1/14.
    Actually, the Bible refers to 14 Nisan. That's on a lunar calendar.

Synchronising to the lunar calendar is why Easter moves around (we celebrate Easter on the Sunday after the first full moon of Spring). The calendar in the OP breaks that lunar connection, so it isn't biblical.

We have 4 cycles to think about, actually:

* Day = 86400 seconds

* Week = 7 days

* Month = 29 days, 12 hours, 44 minutes, and 2.8 seconds

* Year = 365 days, 5 hours, 48 minutes, and 46 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
    Actually, the Bible refers to 14 Nisan. That's on a lunar calendar.

Synchronising to the lunar calendar is why Easter moves around (we celebrate Easter on the Sunday after the first full moon of Spring). The calendar in the OP breaks that lunar connection, so it isn't biblical.

We have 4 cycles to think about, actually:

* Day = 86400 seconds

* Week = 7 days

* Month = 29 days, 12 hours, 44 minutes, and 2.8 seconds

* Year = 365 days, 5 hours, 48 minutes, and 46 seconds
    With the Biblical New Jerusalem Calendar we get rid of the Talmud Babylonian calendar and the Gregorian calendar and the chaos they have between each other.

The reason we call March the first month is because Jesus said give Caesar what is Caesarís and God what is Godís. So the Roman name March is the first month. So since Christians follow the Holy Bible and not the Talmud, it just has Passover on the fourteenth of the first month. March 14

Leviticus 23:5
    ďIn the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD'S passover.Ē

Then Easter is always on March 22 every year. Good Friday is always on March 20 and then Jesus was in the tomb on the high holy day sabbath on March 21(1/21) and rose again on March 22(1/22) which is also Wave Sheaf day.

Leviticus 23:5
    “In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD'S passover.”
    Yes, but those are lunar months.

Thread Information