Thread: New Guy

1. Thumbsup New Guy

Hello all!

I go by SimpleDisciple. I am not new to Christian forums in general, having run my own.

The past few years have seen me get outside of going to a local church. I am looking to spend some time discussing matters of the faith and this looked like a decent enough place to start.

I work in IT as an IT Manager. My background is all over the spectrum, but I've done everything from building websites to mobile apps to running servers and networks. Faith is very important to me, and it has come into renewed focus as my wife and I raise our kids. I've long been told I missed a calling, but I think the Lord prepared the path that I am on long ago. I am far from perfect, and I am looking to have some discussions on things like prophecy, faith in general, and how to interact with the postmodern world.

Prayer is my weakest area, and I am looking to do better in that department. I'm also hopeful on finding a local church.

I am grateful to Christ for what he did for me, and I look forward to learning more about our God!

Re: New Guy

Welcome to the site!
    The eyes of the LORD are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good.
    Prov 15:3

Good to have you Simple D. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Blog Entries

Welcome to bibleforums ! I have learned a lot here , I hope you can too .

Cool Re: New Guy

Hello SimpleDisciple, welcome to Bibleforums. I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

John 15:17 "These things I command you, that ye love one another."

Hello, SimpleDisciple and welcome to this forum. Thank you for sharing your present position in life and my hope would be that you find a smooth walk down that path prepared for you.
    The Outlaw Bible Student Studies on the Fringe of Christianity

A Different Kind of Christian Website

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleDisciple View Post
    Hello all!

I go by SimpleDisciple. I am not new to Christian forums in general, having run my own.

The past few years have seen me get outside of going to a local church. I am looking to spend some time discussing matters of the faith and this looked like a decent enough place to start.

I work in IT as an IT Manager. My background is all over the spectrum, but I've done everything from building websites to mobile apps to running servers and networks. Faith is very important to me, and it has come into renewed focus as my wife and I raise our kids. I've long been told I missed a calling, but I think the Lord prepared the path that I am on long ago. I am far from perfect, and I am looking to have some discussions on things like prophecy, faith in general, and how to interact with the postmodern world.

Prayer is my weakest area, and I am looking to do better in that department. I'm also hopeful on finding a local church.

I am grateful to Christ for what he did for me, and I look forward to learning more about our God!
    You sound like an interesting person, and am anxious to hear some of your views, concerns, as well as solutions to some of our problems as Christians. My only comment, in regard to your personal reflections, is that you should just be yourself, and not a cookie-cutter image of what others may say should be a normal prayer life. I spend more time just talking with the Lord, as opposed to appointed times for prayer, although I do that once a week, or whenever a real need arises.

Welcome!

Thread Information