Thread: Do we have any other words of Jesus recorded besides what is in the 4 gospel books?

Do we have any other words of Jesus recorded besides what is in the 4 gospel books?

The 4 gospel books being Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. I mean reliable sources, not pseudepigrapha (e.g. gospel of thomas).

Thanks

Josh

And besides the book of Acts I mean also, I mean besides the 66 books in the Bible.
    The eyes of the LORD are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good.

Re: Do we have any other words of Jesus recorded besides what is in the 4 gospel book

Stating the end goal of your question might help folks to not waste your time with lines of thought that will not apply to your query here.
    I'd like to contribute and still will, but at the same time I realize that my answers may not fit into the goal or goals of your question.

If you are looking for archaic text or author references, you can go ahead and skip reading the rest of my reply here.

Anytime we are counseled by brothers and or sisters of Christ, the words in that council (if true) the words in that council are Jesus's own words straight from God's Holy Spirit, and straight through whoever or what ever has counseled us.

Anytime you receive answers to questions that you've prayerfully asked answers too, no matter how or who eventually answered it for you (if true), it was Jesus's words there too.

These next to statements are obscure, even ambiguous, but if one chooses to digest them, they will totally fill your question with answers:

He said to His disciples that He has foretold them everything (every word) that they need, and in fact every word that they and us both will ever need.

Jesus heavily emphasized to many times to ignore or dismiss, He emphasized that He is the Living Word. Hearing the Word is just the beginning of reborn life, there are plenty more of His spoken words to digest first before we go looking or yearning for any hidden ones.

Re: Do we have any other words of Jesus recorded besides what is in the 4 gospel book

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob's Ladder View Post
    Stating the end goal of your question might help folks to not waste your time with lines of thought that will not apply to your query here.
    I'd like to contribute and still will, but at the same time I realize that my answers may not fit into the goal or goals of your question.

If you are looking for archaic text or author references, you can go ahead and skip reading the rest of my reply here.

Anytime we are counseled by brothers and or sisters of Christ, the words in that council (if true) the words in that council are Jesus's own words straight from God's Holy Spirit, and straight through whoever or what ever has counseled us.

Anytime you receive answers to questions that you've prayerfully asked answers too, no matter how or who eventually answered it for you (if true), it was Jesus's words there too.

These next to statements are obscure, even ambiguous, but if one chooses to digest them, they will totally fill your question with answers:

He said to His disciples that He has foretold them everything (every word) that they need, and in fact every word that they and us both will ever need.

Jesus heavily emphasized to many times to ignore or dismiss, He emphasized that He is the Living Word. Hearing the Word is just the beginning of reborn life, there are plenty more of His spoken words to digest first before we go looking or yearning for any hidden ones.

So don't misunderstand me. I'm not a gnostic. I want to get filled with the words of Jesus and listen to what he says.

I'm certainly not looking to lead people astray. But it says this in John:

John 21:25 Now there are also many other things that Jesus did. Were every one of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain that books that would be written.

He doesn't say that the books actually were written. But I wonder if there are any other sources of Jesus's words out there. Here's a challenge: If they really are from Jesus, then they certainly won't contradict anything else Jesus said -- so none of us (hopefully) should have a problem with it (given that the source is actually true and accurate, etc).

In John 6:63 Jesus says "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life."

So, listening to Christ's words helps us grow and it helps to grow our faith. I'm not looking to lead people astray, but I want to hear what Jesus says.

Thanks.

Josh
    The eyes of the LORD are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua1 View Post
    The 4 gospel books being Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. I mean reliable sources, not pseudepigrapha (e.g. gospel of thomas).
    There are no reliable sources outside the Bible giving the words of Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua1 View Post

Thanks

Josh

And besides the book of Acts I mean also, I mean besides the 66 books in the Bible.
    The book of Revelation.

Quote Originally Posted by Loaousal View Post
    The book of Revelation.
    ... that would be one of the 66 books of the Bible.

Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
    ... that would be one of the 66 books of the Bible.
    The letters to the seven churches.

The letters to the seven churches.
    Yes, I know. They are part of Revelation, which is one of the 66 books in the Bible.

The OP asked if there was anything "besides the 66 books in the Bible." I said "no." Nothing reliable, anyway.

Yes, I know. They are part of Revelation, which is one of the 66 books in the Bible.

The OP asked if there was anything "besides the 66 books in the Bible." I said "no." Nothing reliable, anyway.
    The letters to the seven churches are one of the 66 books in the Bible.

True or false?

The letters to the seven churches are one of the 66 books in the Bible.
    I just said that.

But the OP asked if there was anything "besides the 66 books in the Bible" (meaning "in addition to"). I said "no." Nothing reliable, anyway.

You are misunderstanding both my posts and those of the OP.

I just said that.

But the OP asked if there was anything "besides the 66 books in the Bible" (meaning "in addition to"). I said "no." Nothing reliable, anyway.

You are misunderstanding both my posts and those of the OP.
    Says you.
    What does God say about it?

Says you.
    What does God say about it?
    Is English not your first language? Because you seem to be misunderstanding everything I say.

Is English not your first language? Because you seem to be misunderstanding everything I say.
    Do you know who I am?

Thread Information