Thread: Noah , faith and grace....salvation

Noah , faith and grace....salvation

Before the law ....

"But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.

And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth. Make thee an ark of gopher wood; ( Noah gets instructed on building the ark)....Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he.”
    **Genesis‬ *6:8, 13-14, 22‬ *KJV‬‬

“And the Lord said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.....And Noah went in, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons' wives with him, into the ark, because of the waters of the flood.

And the flood was forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth. ..."
    **Genesis‬ *7:1, 7, 17 KJV‬‬

Noah was saved by grace through faith , and given inheritance of the righteousness of faith. God first declared he will destroy man , but Noah is spared because God looks on him with grace.

“And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.”
    **Genesis‬ *6:7-8‬ *KJV‬‬

Once God gives Noah grace , even in his wrath , deciding to spare him , he instructs him both warning him of the flood to come, and giving him instructions on his salvation through the ark. Noah is saved through his faith in obeying what God told him would save him and his family from the coming flood.

"By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.”
    **Hebrews‬ *11:7‬ *KJV‬‬

because Noah obeyed What God told him to do in building the ark , loading the ark, and in boarding the ark with his family Noah and his whole family were saved. Noah had no indication other than Gods word that the floods would come , but he operated in faith hearing what God said , believing the flood was coming , moved Noah to build the ark. He moved by faith , after he was spared by grace , his faith in the truth of Gods word , saved Noah.

Noah believed what God said , and this belief dictated his actions.....this is faith . He moved with fear to build the ark as commanded , because God told him the world was basically coming to an end ....he believed what God told him was coming....therefore he moved. If Noah had not believed God first , he most likely wouldn't have ceased his normal daily life , to build a gigantic ark because there's a flood coming....no, he first believed what God said .

This is Part of a message in Christ pertaining to this subject remember Noah's story above....

“But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.”
    **Matthew‬ *24:36-39‬ *KJV‬‬

Like Noah , Christian doctrine consistently reminds us , and warns us of this somewhat uncomfortable and rarely acknowledged truth for many folks who study scripture

“For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.”
    **2 Peter‬ *3:5-7, 10-14‬ *KJV‬‬

you see , God has declared to us , like Noah , the end is coming and will come suddenly , there will be no warning but the witness he has sent out to the ends of the earth in the gospel.

“And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.”
    **Matthew‬ *24:14‬ *KJV‬‬

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
    **Mark‬ *16:15-16‬ *KJV‬‬

(note , this does not say ...whoever believes and is not baptized will be damned , but it says those who do not believe will be damned)

normal life will be going on like in Noah's time , then the time came and Noah entered the ark, the floods came without warning , and suddenly those who weren't in the ark built by command of God , all perished both man and beast. It was now too late for those outside the arks door was closed, in order to save those within. The gospel is the ark God has given in our time, the message of Jesus Christ, including his teachings and commandments. To be in Christ is to be within the ark.

"Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved?

And he said unto them, Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:

Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.”
    **Luke‬ *13:23-27‬ *KJV‬‬

“And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.

Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not. Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.”
    **Matthew‬ *25:10-13‬ *KJV‬‬"
    "

like Noah we are given the commission " come into the ark bring both you and your family for the end is coming be saved in the ark I have built for destruction is coming, believe me and be saved....

Jesus built our ark by commandment of God, with the wood of the cross , and the pitch of his brow and has sent out an invitation to enter in beginning at Jerusalem nearly 2000 years ago ....that all who will believe as Noah believed shall be saved....because they will hear and obey the lords instructions for salvation like Noah did....believing the truth of things and not omitting them.

"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
    **Mark‬ *16:15-16‬ *KJV‬‬

And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.”
    **Luke‬ *24:46-47‬ *KJV‬‬

you see until we accept and embrace that the end is both surely coming , and could be any sudden time as a thief ......" salvation" doesn't mean the same thing, until the end is embraced , the word salvation has no urgency, there is no fear to move us in faith. To the point Noah would have no reason to build an ark if he hadn't believed the flood was coming, but God warned him because of his grace to him. By Grace through his faith in God he was saved.

we don't hear the real message because it's uncomfortable for some , or controversial to others still others think " if I preach what's there no one will want to hear it" .....and it changes faith when you change the message from what God has said and sent forth to the world for salvation.

We tend to want to reduce the message Jesus sent to the world things like there is a day when all things will end in sudden destruction , even our own lives in this world are doomed to end in death, but fire upon the earth and heavens .....we know now, It's not only peters idea above , it's been mentioned in scripture since the prophets , but it makes us uncomfortable because it points at us needing to change to inherit the true promise

“For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.”
    **Isaiah‬ *65:17‬ *KJV‬‬

And this promise continues through the prophets and gospel , epistles until The last chapters of the bible when we see a glimpse of this promise being fulfilled

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.”
    **Revelation‬ *21:1‬ *KJV‬‬

we often confuse the promises of eternity as applying to this current earth we live upon and know , but clearly again since the prophets peters assertion that there will be a sudden violent end to earth and the heavens has been since the prophets the destruction of earth and heaven

"Come near, ye nations, to hear; and hearken, ye people: let the earth hear, and all that is therein; the world, and all things that come forth of it. For the indignation of the Lord is upon all nations, and his fury upon all their armies: he hath utterly destroyed them, he hath delivered them to the slaughter.

And all the host of heaven shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll: and all their host shall fall down, as the leaf falleth off from the vine, and as a falling fig from the fig tree. For my sword shall be bathed in heaven: behold, it shall come down upon Edom, and upon the people of my curse, to judgment."

Isaiah‬ *34:1-2, 4-5,

“Behold, the Lord maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.

The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the Lord hath spoken this word. The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do languish.

The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant. Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.”

.....for the windows from on high are open, and the foundations of the earth do shake.

The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly. The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.

And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.
    **Isaiah‬ *24:1, 3-6, 18-21KJV‬‬

Notice , these prophecies aren't simply concerning Israel , but all the earth and its inhabitants and all the host of the heavens on high....many misunderstand thinking the o.t. Concerns only Israel ....not so at all. Before Israel even existed there were many generations of men having relationship with God, from the line of Seth forward long before Israel was , or was given the law through Moses. also notice you hardly ever hear this doctrine, and a lot of folks don't like this doctrine ,...yet ...it's throughout the bible ....

Jesus said this also

Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.”
    **Matthew‬ *24:35‬ *KJV‬‬

It was throughout prophecy especially concerning Christ and salvation....it's always been there because it's what were saved from.

“Hearken unto me, my people; and give ear unto me, O my nation: for a law shall proceed from me, and I will make my judgment to rest for a light of the people.

My righteousness is near; my salvation is gone forth, and mine arms shall judge the people; the isles shall wait upon me, and on mine arm shall they trust.

Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner:

but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished.”
    **Isaiah‬ *51:4-6‬ *KJV‬‬

like Noah we have been offered by What God said through Jesus Christ , salvation from the coming destruction he has declared upon not only Israel , but as above states all nations all the earth and all its inhabitants are condemned, Jesus is like Noah , God has found grace for us , and sent his word of salvation in Jesus Christ and the gospel......our choice is " do I believe I need salvation ? do I believe what God has said about salvation? Like Noah , do I even believe there is an end coming swiftly to heaven , earth , even all mankind who refuses to get into the ark with Jesus Christ the savior.

climb into the ark that God designed for our salvation the message of the gospel of Jesus Christ. But remember this ark is not destined for the current heavens or this earth , but the promised new creation God has in store that is without all of the sorrow and shame in this world.

God bless please consider and pray ...

Re: Noah , faith and grace....salvation

I believe that God knew that in the end - Noah and His family alone would accept His will and that they alone would be saved in the end . - . Noah did preach righteousness, but everyone around Him were so wicked and Evil.

Also, I noticed here in Eze 14: 19 - 20 - it says that the sons and rest of the family of Noah were not saved simply because they were the family of Noah. But because they choose to serve God themselves ( by their own choice and lifestyle that they lived unto God ) - and they choose righteousness - -

Eze 14:19 Or if I send a pestilence into that land, and pour out my fury upon it in blood, to cut off from it man and beast:
    20 Though Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, as I live, saith the Lord GOD, they shall deliver neither son nor daughter; they shall but deliver their own souls by their righteousness.

Quote Originally Posted by ABCs Of Life View Post
    I believe that God knew that in the end - Noah and His family alone would accept His will and that they alone would be saved in the end . - . Noah did preach righteousness, but everyone around Him were so wicked and Evil.

Also, I noticed here in Eze 14: 19 - 20 - it says that the sons and rest of the family of Noah were not saved simply because they were the family of Noah. But because they choose to serve God themselves ( by their own choice and lifestyle that they lived unto God ) - and they choose righteousness - -

Eze 14:19 Or if I send a pestilence into that land, and pour out my fury upon it in blood, to cut off from it man and beast:
    20 Though Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, as I live, saith the Lord GOD, they shall deliver neither son nor daughter; they shall but deliver their own souls by their righteousness.

yes I can agree with you there , God knows all things I believe that , but that doesn't mean that he's taken our choice from us or forces us to choose either way , it's been mans choice always ....don't eat the fruit , and live....then after the fruit and resulting curse and corrupt knowledge ....it became " I have set before you life and blessing and death and curses life if you believe and follow my word ....cursing and death if you refuse and reject my word.....therefore choose life and live "

in Christ , like Noah , God warned him " I'm going to destroy everything , but you make an ark of gopher wood...ect...Noah believed what Gid told him , he believed the flood was coming , so he moved with godly fear , and built the ark as God commanded him .....through this belief and action " faith with works is alive " ...if faith without works is dead.

noah is no different from us , we must first believe what God has said through our lord Jesus Christ , believe it ....if we will believe what he said ....the result like Noah will produce the actions for salvation. Of we don't believe what he said ....we're not going to ever bother following his words home....

Hi,

That was very interesting and a good refreshment of the scriptures.

Well put to bring thought forward.

And the idea of the new Earth is quite interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggie View Post
    Hi,

That was very interesting and a good refreshment of the scriptures.

Well put to bring thought forward.

And the idea of the new Earth is quite interesting.

the scriptures always seem to bring new thoughts to believers brother ziggie, yes I'll share some scriptures below pertaining to the promise of the new heavens and earth in christ

Noah's Ark Was A Symbol Of Grace

Noah heard from God to receive and obey the faith of God. Faith is in the name of God and bears at least a promise. So, Noah was a faithful man who heard the promise that came by faith. A faithful man must be raised up to believe because not all folks who have the faith of God are believers.

Noah believed God to receive and obey the grace of God. Grace is in the name of God and bears the grace (divine help) of God. Noah believed God and built the ark according to dimensions given by God.

The ark symbolized the grace of God - that divine help (grace) to save Noah from the flood. We no longer need to build (work) an ark (grace) for our salvation because our Lord Jesus has given us His grace.

Whosoever has the grace of God is already in the ark that our Lord Jesus built. Such a person needs not build another ark, just like those invited into Noah's ark did not work in building the ark. That is how come no work is required for the grace that saves us. Our Lord Jesus did it all and invited us into His grace.
    Grace and peace unto you from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ!

Thread Information