Thread: Worthy of the Millennial Kingdom? - YOU get to decide

Worthy of the Millennial Kingdom? - YOU get to decide

In the declaration of the councils of the Triune God as to the purpose for making and creating man, God said in Genesis 1:26-28 that man was to partake of two crucial criteria. They were that ...
    1. Man was to be in God’s image and likeness
    2. Man was to subdue and rule the earth and its immediate environs of sea and sky

There is not a single bit of evidence in the whole Bible that God has given up on His (immutable) councils. Christians all over like to think that He has, and subscribe to a myth that now a few men will be saved and make it heaven, while the rest are either annihilated or go to an undefined place called the Lake of Fire. But the truth of the matter is that the Bible closes with a City that symbolically contains the consummation of God’s plan. That is, a Citadel made of men who have the glory of God and who rule THE EARTH forever (Rev.21:11, 23, 22:5). Diverse prophets predict this coming rule, especially the Book of Daniel - written half to the Gentiles in Aramaic, and half to Israel in Hebrew.

But if we look around us Christians, and look at ourselves, we mostly see an utterly fallen man with barely the ability to rule his own household, let alone a city or cities as promised in Luke 19:17-19. The terrible woes of this earth are easily traced back to the present and past government of cities and lands by men like us. We have adequate evidence of the avarice, greed, ruthlessness and self-serving energy among our own most prominent Pastors and Leaders. How unlike Christ we are. What is the solution? Where will God find men in His image and likeness so that His Kingdom, when set up on this earth at Christ’s return, will not follow the present state of affairs - war, murder, theft, suicide and the energetic gathering of personal wealth at the cost of other people? Romans Chapter 7 paints a dark picture. The best of men, even those zealous for God’s Law, will ultimately bring death and disaster to their realm of rule.

The answer that we receive from scripture is that not only is a man’s spirit to be reborn (Jn.3:6), and not only must a man’s body be changed (1st Cor.15:50-52), but that his SOUL must be saved (1st Pet.1:9). God’s great plan of salvation for the intended purpose of having men in His image and likeness is clearly stated in Romans 8:29. “Whom He did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.” That is, all Christians, at some stage, will be “conformed to Christ’s image”. So all that must be now answered is;
    1. Will they be transformed in time for the kingdom when it is set up by Christ? It is clear that at the Judgment Seat of Christ, SOME servants will be ready to rule, and SOME will not be ready (e.g. Matthew 24:44-51)
    2. What is the process for this transformation? How is the utterly wicked character of the new born Christian changed in time for Christ’s coming? How is the SOUL, the mind, emotions and will of the Christian conformed to Christ’s mind, emotions and will?

The Lord answers these questions Himself in Matthew 16:24-28.

24 “Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
    25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
    26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
    27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
    28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.”

What is meant by “come after me” in verse 24? It must be explained by the context. And the context is (i) when the Lord comes in His Father’s glory with a multitude of angels to do His bidding, and (ii) when the Lord sets up His Kingdom on earth. The “way” to the Kingdom is that the Christian disciple walk the same road as Jesus did. In bare and brutal truth, the way to joining the Lord in His Kingdom is the way of denial of the flesh and sorrow for the soul. The word “life” in verse 25 is the same word in the Greek as the word “soul” in verse 26. It “Psuche” in the Greek - from which we derive the English word “Psyche” - the thoughts, feelings and decisions of the human soul. That is, the way to be a co-ruler with Christ (for the context is the KINGDOM), is achieved at great loss to the Christian. The “cross” is that instrument that dealt a thorough and ghastly end to the flesh. And to “deny the soul” is to say “NO!” to our very being. The road to the Kingdom is the road of suffering. To “go after Christ” is to walk a road of self-denial, not over small things only, but over our very LIVES. From saying no to bread after 40 days of fasting through refusing to call angel troops at His trial to the sweating of blood when faced with what was to come, Jesus truly could cry, “My SOUL is sorrowful UNTO DEATH!”

The key phrase of this whole text is in verse 24; “let HIM deny HIM-self, and take up HIS cross, and follow me.” The brutality of this walk is to be decided on by the Christian Himself! God has a very real and crucial role in this transformation process. The elements of Christ must be infused into the Christian so God provides circumstances, the fiery trials, the Bread of Life and the humanity of Jesus to the Christian. But the Christian must decide to take them HIM-self. So besides the text above, we find that in;
    1. John 6:54-57, in the context of eating the Bread of Life, our Lord says in verse 57, “As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.” That is, the old nature of the fallen man is replaced by the humanity and divinity of Christ.
    2. 2nd Corinthians 3:17-18, in the context of the Holy Spirit inside of us, WE MUST continuously BEHOLD Christ to be transformed. Note that it is by OUR DOING - OUR BEHOLDING. The context is Israel looking away for the brightness that exposed them. The Christian must look full into the light and see every speck of his failure to be in the image of Christ. And he must look into the light to absorb it.
    3. Philippians 2:12, in the context of Christ making himself of no reputation, and taking upon him the form of a servant, and humbling himself, and becoming obedient unto death, even the death of the cross, we read, “... work out your own salvation with fear and trembling!” Which salvation must be worked out by US? Not the rebirth of the spirit, for that is by faith. Not the resurrection of the body, for that is guaranteed to all men by the power of Christ. It is the SOUL of man that must be hammer forged in a furnace. This way is to be decided upon, and entered VOLUNTARILY. God will provide the means, but the Christian MUST DECIDE HIMSELF whether he is going to go “after the Lord” and we worthy of the Kingdom.

YOU - dear fellow Christian - must DECIDE. It is YOUR cross, and YOU must deny the soul. Israel, according to 1st Corinthians 10:1-11 is our example. They were to be men who showed God's Law, and who ruled Canaan by God's precepts. But they are an evil bunch. Does God give up on them? No. He leads them through "fiery trials" to do what? Deuteronomy 8:1-6 tells what this journey was for; "to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no. He humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live ... and ... Thou shalt also consider in thine heart, that, as a man chasteneth his son, so the LORD thy God chasteneth thee." Did Israel EMBRACE IT? NO! They murmured and rebelled in their suffering - and they never made it into the KINGDOM of Israel. Do you think you're going to make it in the Kingdom of our Lord when He returns?

Re: Worthy of the Millennial Kingdom? - YOU get to decide

Quote Originally Posted by Walls View Post
    In the declaration of the councils of the Triune God as to the purpose for making and creating man, God said in Genesis 1:26-28 that man was to partake of two crucial criteria. They were that ...
    1. Man was to be in God’s image and likeness
    2. Man was to subdue and rule the earth and its immediate environs of sea and sky

There is not a single bit of evidence in the whole Bible that God has given up on His (immutable) councils. Christians all over like to think that He has, and subscribe to a myth that now a few men will be saved and make it heaven, while the rest are either annihilated or go to an undefined place called the Lake of Fire. But the truth of the matter is that the Bible closes with a City that symbolically contains the consummation of God’s plan. That is, a Citadel made of men who have the glory of God and who rule THE EARTH forever (Rev.21:11, 23, 22:5). Diverse prophets predict this coming rule, especially the Book of Daniel - written half to the Gentiles in Aramaic, and half to Israel in Hebrew.

But if we look around us Christians, and look at ourselves, we mostly see an utterly fallen man with barely the ability to rule his own household, let alone a city or cities as promised in Luke 19:17-19. The terrible woes of this earth are easily traced back to the present and past government of cities and lands by men like us. We have adequate evidence of the avarice, greed, ruthlessness and self-serving energy among our own most prominent Pastors and Leaders. How unlike Christ we are. What is the solution? Where will God find men in His image and likeness so that His Kingdom, when set up on this earth at Christ’s return, will not follow the present state of affairs - war, murder, theft, suicide and the energetic gathering of personal wealth at the cost of other people? Romans Chapter 7 paints a dark picture. The best of men, even those zealous for God’s Law, will ultimately bring death and disaster to their realm of rule.

The answer that we receive from scripture is that not only is a man’s spirit to be reborn (Jn.3:6), and not only must a man’s body be changed (1st Cor.15:50-52), but that his SOUL must be saved (1st Pet.1:9). God’s great plan of salvation for the intended purpose of having men in His image and likeness is clearly stated in Romans 8:29. “Whom He did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.” That is, all Christians, at some stage, will be “conformed to Christ’s image”. So all that must be now answered is;
    1. Will they be transformed in time for the kingdom when it is set up by Christ? It is clear that at the Judgment Seat of Christ, SOME servants will be ready to rule, and SOME will not be ready (e.g. Matthew 24:44-51)
    2. What is the process for this transformation? How is the utterly wicked character of the new born Christian changed in time for Christ’s coming? How is the SOUL, the mind, emotions and will of the Christian conformed to Christ’s mind, emotions and will?

The Lord answers these questions Himself in Matthew 16:24-28.

24 “Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
    25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
    26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
    27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
    28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.”

What is meant by “come after me” in verse 24? It must be explained by the context. And the context is (i) when the Lord comes in His Father’s glory with a multitude of angels to do His bidding, and (ii) when the Lord sets up His Kingdom on earth. The “way” to the Kingdom is that the Christian disciple walk the same road as Jesus did. In bare and brutal truth, the way to joining the Lord in His Kingdom is the way of denial of the flesh and sorrow for the soul. The word “life” in verse 25 is the same word in the Greek as the word “soul” in verse 26. It “Psuche” in the Greek - from which we derive the English word “Psyche” - the thoughts, feelings and decisions of the human soul. That is, the way to be a co-ruler with Christ (for the context is the KINGDOM), is achieved at great loss to the Christian. The “cross” is that instrument that dealt a thorough and ghastly end to the flesh. And to “deny the soul” is to say “NO!” to our very being. The road to the Kingdom is the road of suffering. To “go after Christ” is to walk a road of self-denial, not over small things only, but over our very LIVES. From saying no to bread after 40 days of fasting through refusing to call angel troops at His trial to the sweating of blood when faced with what was to come, Jesus truly could cry, “My SOUL is sorrowful UNTO DEATH!”

The key phrase of this whole text is in verse 24; “let HIM deny HIM-self, and take up HIS cross, and follow me.” The brutality of this walk is to be decided on by the Christian Himself! God has a very real and crucial role in this transformation process. The elements of Christ must be infused into the Christian so God provides circumstances, the fiery trials, the Bread of Life and the humanity of Jesus to the Christian. But the Christian must decide to take them HIM-self. So besides the text above, we find that in;
    1. John 6:54-57, in the context of eating the Bread of Life, our Lord says in verse 57, “As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.” That is, the old nature of the fallen man is replaced by the humanity and divinity of Christ.
    2. 2nd Corinthians 3:17-18, in the context of the Holy Spirit inside of us, WE MUST continuously BEHOLD Christ to be transformed. Note that it is by OUR DOING - OUR BEHOLDING. The context is Israel looking away for the brightness that exposed them. The Christian must look full into the light and see every speck of his failure to be in the image of Christ. And he must look into the light to absorb it.
    3. Philippians 2:12, in the context of Christ making himself of no reputation, and taking upon him the form of a servant, and humbling himself, and becoming obedient unto death, even the death of the cross, we read, “... work out your own salvation with fear and trembling!” Which salvation must be worked out by US? Not the rebirth of the spirit, for that is by faith. Not the resurrection of the body, for that is guaranteed to all men by the power of Christ. It is the SOUL of man that must be hammer forged in a furnace. This way is to be decided upon, and entered VOLUNTARILY. God will provide the means, but the Christian MUST DECIDE HIMSELF whether he is going to go “after the Lord” and we worthy of the Kingdom.

YOU - dear fellow Christian - must DECIDE. It is YOUR cross, and YOU must deny the soul. Israel, according to 1st Corinthians 10:1-11 is our example. They were to be men who showed God's Law, and who ruled Canaan by God's precepts. But they are an evil bunch. Does God give up on them? No. He leads them through "fiery trials" to do what? Deuteronomy 8:1-6 tells what this journey was for; "to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no. He humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live ... and ... Thou shalt also consider in thine heart, that, as a man chasteneth his son, so the LORD thy God chasteneth thee." Did Israel EMBRACE IT? NO! They murmured and rebelled in their suffering - and they never made it into the KINGDOM of Israel. Do you think you're going to make it in the Kingdom of our Lord when He returns?

brother , I've read this a few times , what is it you are saying?

the kingdom of God is the new heaven and earth to come forth , the promise since Isaiah. These things are yet manifest , but exist in Gods word of promise , in the heavens. This earth we live on now is to be destroyed utterly and kept for the eternal fires of judgement . This world is lost Israel , america the North Pole ect all of it is to be layed low and never rise up again.

our hope is the kingdom of God the new heaven and earth this is looking ahead to the redemption of all things.

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.”
    **Revelation‬ *21:1-5‬ *KJV‬‬

that last section when God is among his people , as thier God ....this is the kingdom of God to come forth ,existing in the promises of Jesus Christ now , to come forth for certain upon his return. Heaven and earth is the kingdom of Jesus Christ

“But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children; To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them.

The Lord hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all.

Bless the Lord, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word.

Bless ye the Lord, all ye his hosts; ye ministers of his, that do his pleasure.

Bless the Lord, all his works in all places of his dominion: bless the Lord, O my soul.”
    **Psalms‬ *103:17-22‬ *KJV‬‬

we know Jesus dominion is over heaven and earth , and we know his word was sent out to the ends of the earth ....the Kings word.

“And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
    **Matthew‬ *28:18-20‬ *KJV‬‬

This was foretold from the prophets all along

Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion. I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel. Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth. Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.”
    **Psalms‬ *2:6-12‬ *KJV‬‬

Everything is given unto the son , that through him , all things are made new . People made new , through death and rebirth in Christ , a new heaven and earth for them to inhabit and inherit for ever without death and sin , no crime no war ect...

“But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless. And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;”
    **2 Peter‬ *3:7, 10, 13-15‬ *KJV‬‬

To carry our cross and follow jesus, means to,learn and follow his doctrine ....it's what corrects the sin in us , lust , pride, greed , covetousness, all the things in us that cause us to sin . Those things are corrected by the gospel Jesus preached....crucifying the flesh nature through his word. Setting one free from sins power and dominion over us , because he has condemned sin in sinful mankind through the death of his son ....

Re: Worthy of the Millennial Kingdom? - YOU get to decide

Quote Originally Posted by Follower1977 View Post
    brother , I've read this a few times , what is it you are saying?

the kingdom of God is the new heaven and earth to come forth , the promise since Isaiah. These things are yet manifest , but exist in Gods word of promise , in the heavens. This earth we live on now is to be destroyed utterly and kept for the eternal fires of judgement . This world is lost Israel , america the North Pole ect all of it is to be layed low and never rise up again.

our hope is the kingdom of God the new heaven and earth this is looking ahead to the redemption of all things.

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.”
    **Revelation‬ *21:1-5‬ *KJV‬‬

that last section when God is among his people , as thier God ....this is the kingdom of God to come forth ,existing in the promises of Jesus Christ now , to come forth for certain upon his return. Heaven and earth is the kingdom of Jesus Christ

“But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children; To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them.

The Lord hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all.

Bless the Lord, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word.

Bless ye the Lord, all ye his hosts; ye ministers of his, that do his pleasure.

Bless the Lord, all his works in all places of his dominion: bless the Lord, O my soul.”
    **Psalms‬ *103:17-22‬ *KJV‬‬

we know Jesus dominion is over heaven and earth , and we know his word was sent out to the ends of the earth ....the Kings word.

“And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
    **Matthew‬ *28:18-20‬ *KJV‬‬

This was foretold from the prophets all along

Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion. I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel. Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth. Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.”
    **Psalms‬ *2:6-12‬ *KJV‬‬

Everything is given unto the son , that through him , all things are made new . People made new , through death and rebirth in Christ , a new heaven and earth for them to inhabit and inherit for ever without death and sin , no crime no war ect...

“But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless. And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;”
    **2 Peter‬ *3:7, 10, 13-15‬ *KJV‬‬

To carry our cross and follow jesus, means to,learn and follow his doctrine ....it's what corrects the sin in us , lust , pride, greed , covetousness, all the things in us that cause us to sin . Those things are corrected by the gospel Jesus preached....crucifying the flesh nature through his word. Setting one free from sins power and dominion over us , because he has condemned sin in sinful mankind through the death of his son ....
    What say you, dear brother, to the following scriptures concerning the earth?

Psalm 78:69; "And he built his sanctuary like high palaces, like the earth which he hath established for ever."

Psalm 104:5; "Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever."

Psalm 119:90; "Thy faithfulness is unto all generations: thou hast established the earth, and it abideth."

1st Chronicles 16:30; "Fear before him, all the earth: the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved."

Psalm 93:1; "The Lord reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the Lord is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself: the world also is stablished, that it cannot be moved."

Psalm 96:10; "Say among the heathen that the Lord reigneth: the world also shall be established that it shall not be moved: he shall judge the people righteously."

It seems to me that the plain language is that the earth will remain forever. Added to this, the Word "New" in Revelation 21:1 means "Made Pristine". That is, the physical earth remains but its past and scars are wiped away. This agrees with Psalm 102:25-26:

25 "Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands.
    26 They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed"

A "garment" in parable is one's works (Ps.73:6; Rev.19:8). That is, the physical earth will remain but the record and memory of what happened will be wiped out. The sense of those verses that seem to say that the whole earth will be destroyed is modified by the context. Let us examine 2nd Peter 3:5-7.

5 "For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
    6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
    7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men."

• In verse 5 it says that the heavens and earth were created by the word of God
    • In verse 5 it also says that the earth was first free of the water but was then covered by it. That refers to Genesis 1:2.
    • In verse 6 the world that was between Adam and Noah was then overflowed with water - the second covering with water
    • In verse 6 the grammar is; "the world that then was". But we know that Noah came out of the Ark onto the same earth. So the meaning of "the world that then was" means the events, systems of government and scars of evil are wiped out and never to be remembered.
    • In verse 7 the world that now is, will again be IMMERSED, not in water because of God's Covenant with "all flesh", but by FIRE. It is the same earth. It is IMMERSED in FIRE to purge the old, and it comes out a New Earth in the sense that it is PRISTINE.

God's Kingdom will (i) "FILL the whole earth" (Dan.2:35), and (ii) be an everlasting Kingdom, and (iii) be a Kingdom that will never be moved (Dan.2:44). It is then not possible that the earth would be destroyed. That would mean the end of God's Kingdom "that filled the earth". But this is not the case. God made a Covenant with Abraham that the Land of Canaan would be his and his seed's "for an everlasting possession". If the world disappears in a fireball then God made a mistake (perish the thought).

In a previous posting you said that all you care about is what the words of God said. Now it is time to do what you say. A "Cross" is not the word of God. It is a mechanism for killing the body. The cross does not "make us learn to follow doctrine". These words never appear in the Bible. The cross is for one thing only - killing the body. What is different is that it is OUR cross. The cross of Jesus was for killing His Body for OTHER MEN. "OUR" cross is for killing our body when the flesh wants to dominate. Galatians 5:17 says that, "... the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would." The flesh is the mortal enemy of the spirit of a Christian. God dwells in the human spirit and makes demands. The flesh will ALWAYS rebel against the spirit. There is only one solution for this battle - put the flesh on the cross. When you must do the Lord's work the flesh will scream for rest. When you must live dangerously for the Lord's work the flesh will scream for safety. When you must not lust after that beautiful sister in the Church meeting your flesh will scream in protest. Put it on the cross.

That is the meaning of "take up YOUR cross DAILY". It is the violent setting aside of the demands of your flesh. It is not asceticism. You must not wip yourself like the Catholics do. They are trying to punish the flesh and reform it. God says, "put it on a cross". "End its activities and protests".

Thread Information