Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why is the Trump administration not charging employers who knowingly hire illegals?

Why is the Trump administration not charging employers who knowingly hire illegals?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...?noredirect=on

Does this show Trump is not a serious about cracking down on illegal immigration as he would have us believe?

Re: Why is the Trump administration not charging employers who knowingly hire illegal

Kind of surprised nobody responded to this after 239 views.

Re: Why is the Trump administration not charging employers who knowingly hire illegal

It seems to me that there is a "plan" being played out by the Republicans. I get most of my intel from independent media outlets that are not paid off and present the information as-is, allowing the viewer to arrive at their own conclusion. I think Trump needs to continue to drain the swamp more before diving into issues that do need to be addressed. I appreciate you bringing this up. I bet it'll be dealt with leading up to the 2020 election or shortly thereafter (assuming he wins). The Dems have put out their neck on the impeach thing and the dust needs to settle on it - either for or against them.

I think a lot of Trump's problems stem from the fact that there are so many haters who seem bent on keeping him mired in controversy. If there's a big question mark out there about his suitability for the office he can't get the support he would otherwise. I'm still waiting for shoes made in the USA to hit Walmart, but I have a feeling I'm in for a long one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rom826 View Post
    Kind of surprised nobody responded to this after 239 views.
    It happens........................................... .
    Mal 3:16 Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name.

Here's my view on it.

It is and should remain the responsibility of an eligible worker to know if they are legal to work.
    Under most agriculture, and service industry employment circumstances, it should not be a responsibility of an employer to know, let alone a financially forced responsibility to check if someone is legal to be employed by them.

Switching that burden onto employers will be a business and employment killer.
    ....Just as it is not a crime to accept a fraudulent check, but it still is a crime to pass off a fraudulent check.
    But, if we make accepting a fraudulent check a crime too, then we'd kill half of commercial exchanges by businesses being financially forced to stop accepting checks, all checks.

So, I can see how punishing the party to a crime is much more apt to hinder future crime, than punishing someone who was a party of the crime would.

Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare.
    Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob's Ladder View Post
    Just as it is not a crime to accept a fraudulent check, but it still is a crime to pass off a fraudulent check.
    But in this case the people accepting the checks are aware they are fraudulent.
    「耶和華聖潔無比,獨一無二,沒有磐石像我們的上帝。
    撒母耳記上 (1 Samuel) 2:2

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob's Ladder View Post
    Here's my view on it.

It is and should remain the responsibility of an eligible worker to know if they are legal to work.
    Under most agriculture, and service industry employment circumstances, it should not be a responsibility of an employer to know, let alone a financially forced responsibility to check if someone is legal to be employed by them.

Switching that burden onto employers will be a business and employment killer.
    ....Just as it is not a crime to accept a fraudulent check, but it still is a crime to pass off a fraudulent check.
    But, if we make accepting a fraudulent check a crime too, then we'd kill half of commercial exchanges by businesses being financially forced to stop accepting checks, all checks.

So, I can see how punishing the party to a crime is much more apt to hinder future crime, than punishing someone who was a party of the crime would.

You do know that it is a crime to hire illegal workers, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by dailyprayerwarrior View Post
    It seems to me that there is a "plan" being played out by the Republicans. I get most of my intel from independent media outlets that are not paid off and present the information as-is, allowing the viewer to arrive at their own conclusion.
    Just curious. What are those independent media outlets?

Blog Entries

I can't read the article in the link because it's behind a paywall - and I'll never subscribe to The Washington Post or actually believe much of what they publish... so... there's that.

But it is a good question.
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    I can't read the article in the link because it's behind a paywall - and I'll never subscribe to The Washington Post or actually believe much of what they publish... so... there's that.

But it is a good question.
    Not too sure why you you couldn't read it. It is not behind any paywall when I click on it. In any case here is a link from a more conservative news organization.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ify-hiring-il/

The illegal immigration problem could be solved fairly easily if there were a political will to do so on either side of the aisle. Crack down on employers who knowingly employ illegals who use fake social security numbers to get employed. It is unfortunate that neither republicans nor democrats are willing to do so.

This article also shows how phony Trump is on illegal immigration.
    https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...rong-rhetoric/

Blog Entries

Trump isn't in any way shape or form a "phony" when it comes to illegal immigration. Neither was Obama by the way. Both of them upped deportations, crackdowns and pushed for comprehensive reform of the laws.
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    Trump isn't in any way shape or form a "phony" when it comes to illegal immigration. Neither was Obama by the way. Both of them upped deportations, crackdowns and pushed for comprehensive reform of the laws.
    Yeah Obama was certainly tougher on illegal immigration than Trump which is pretty pathetic seeing that Obama was pro illegal immigration. anyhow back to the question why has Trump refused to enforce immigration law toward employers who break the law hiring illegals. It is very unfortunate that we have not had a president, republican or democrat who has been willing to enforce immigration law.

Thread Information