Thread: Remission of sins

Remission of sins

re·mis·sion
    /rəˈmiSH(ə)n/
    noun
    the cancellation of a debt, charge, or penalty.

Just before Jesus began to preach the gospel of the kingdom...

"John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

...And preached, saying, There cometh one mightier than I after me, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to stoop down and unloose. I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost. ...
    **Mark‬ *1:4, 7-9, ‬ *KJV‬‬

after jesus was raised from the dead

“And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. And ye are witnesses of these things.

And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven.”
    **Luke‬ *24:46- 51‬ *KJV‬‬

"And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.

For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.”
    **Acts‬ *1:4-5, 8‬ *KJV‬‬

“And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting....And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.”
    **Acts‬ *2:1-2, 4‬ *KJV‬‬

just after these men receive the Holy Spirit , they teach by the Holy Spirit to those who had not yet believed....those of the city which called out for Jesus crucifixion...

“Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.”
    **Acts‬ *2:22-23, 32-33, 36-38‬ *KJV‬‬

when a Christian decides they believe the gospel of Jesus Christ , and want to get baptized , we should know what God has said , baptism is for and believe it it's true and wonderful .

if we do believe what God has clearly said " baptism is for the remission of sins " then when we perform the act , our faith should say " surely my sins have been remitted by the true Word of God" therefore we have the pledge of a clear and clean conscience before God, but again , if we do not believe what He has clearly taught baptism is for , we can never have a clear conscience , because we still claim the sins which he said are remitted through baptism into death.

Faith has to be based on what Gods has said , then the gospel has power. Long before Jesus came he was promised , before he was promised to come with salvation, mankind was condemned by our sin. The Gospels message is about repentance , and remission of our sins through the blood of Jesus Christ , we are baptized because we believe we are included into his death for remission of our sins.

it's why the doctrine says what it says

“Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death:

that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin.”
    **Romans‬ *6:3-4, 6-7‬ *KJV‬‬

But ....if we will not believe these things , they lose thier power in us. we are baptized into the death for the remission of sins and the resurrection which comes by receiving the Holy Ghost, or being "quickened by the spirit "

“It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. .......... Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.”
    **John‬ *6:63-64, 68‬ *KJV‬‬

Peter later writes concerning water baptism into his death and resurrection which is our salvation.

For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ: Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.”
    **1 Peter‬ *3:18-22‬ *KJV‬‬

were also called to put to death the deeds of the flesh , and be quickened by the spirit ....
    see our conscience is cleared because we believe when were baptized , our sins are remitted through Christ , in who's name were baptized . All because this is what God said about it in the gospel. It isn't a guess at what baptism means , but is what scripture says , baptism of repentance for the remission of sins. So it's for the cancelation of our sins and the debt we owe.

In fact salvation by remission of sins through faith in Jesus Christ really IS the gospels core foundational principle. All the prophets bear this witness

“How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him....

And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead. To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.”
    **Acts‬ *10:38, 42-43‬ *KJV‬‬

That was always a core point of how salvation would come about , Gods only begotten son would come , bear the sin of the world upon his own holy back , die to fulfill the propitiation demanded by death for sin offering Forgivness .... From the prophets ....

“But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand. He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

....... because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.”
    **Isaiah‬ *53:5-6, 10-12‬ *KJV‬‬

And was even testified to by the figure of law the law of atonement in the mosaic law , one live goat to bear the sins of the people, and one goat to die for the sins of the people. This was an early testimony of the atonement ofmjesus Christ who bore our sins in his body, and died for our sins , but he rose because of his own roghteousness having no sin.

this principle that death is only a product of sin, lets us grasp the necessary of these things like being included in his death , and being included in his resurrection even though we were the sinners if we had died without Jesus , death had claimed us , because he propitiated that claim for all men, when our bodies die , our spirits are no longer bound in death , but now are bound to Christ Jesus who lives forever.

the means of remission of sins is not water , the blood of Jesus of course , his life sacrificed in our place ...or rather for our debt , Jesus laid down his life to pay for our " sin debt" as some have called it. The debt is death for the sins.

"For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.”
    **Matthew‬ *26:28‬ *KJV‬‬

“But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before, This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; And having an high priest over the house of God; Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:”
    **Hebrews‬ *10:12, 14-24‬ *KJV‬‬

baptism of water is our act of faith in response to the message that Jesus preaches , repentance and remission of sins through his sacrifice. If we will just believe the truth of remission of sins , we can be free from sins grasp but we need to believe what the word of God teaches things mean to us , baptism is an act of faith in response to our belief in the gospel , we believe that when were baptized , our sins are remitted by his death which we are baptized into. Believe that your sins have been remitted through Jesus Christ , it should change your heart to accept what's been done.

God bless

Re: Remission of sins

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion ....... over all the earth, ...... So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them....And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good.....
    **Genesis‬ *1:1, 26-27, 31‬ *KJV‬‬

“And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;.......In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.....

...And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: Therefore the Lord God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.”
    **Genesis‬ *3:1723‬ *KJV‬‬

Ten generations later....

"And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.”
    **Genesis‬ *6:5-8‬ *KJV‬‬

long after the flood.....and the exodus and law of Moses ....

“They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.”
    **Psalms‬ *82:5‬ *KJV‬‬

“The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the Lord hath spoken this word. The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do languish. The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant. Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.

From the uttermost part of the earth have we heard songs, even glory to the righteous. But I said, My leanness, my leanness, woe unto me! the treacherous dealers have dealt treacherously; yea, the treacherous dealers have dealt very treacherously. Fear, and the pit, and the snare, are upon thee, O inhabitant of the earth. And it shall come to pass, that he who fleeth from the noise of the fear shall fall into the pit; and he that cometh up out of the midst of the pit shall be taken in the snare: for the windows from on high are open, and the foundations of the earth do shake.

The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly. The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.

Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the Lord of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.”
    **Isaiah‬ *24:3-6, 16-20, 23‬ *KJV‬‬

“And ye shall leave your name for a curse unto my chosen: for the Lord God shall slay thee, and call his servants by another name: That he who blesseth himself in the earth shall bless himself in the God of truth; and he that sweareth in the earth shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten, and because they are hid from mine eyes. For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.”
    **Isaiah‬ *65:15-18‬ *KJV‬‬

“For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.”
    **2 Peter‬ *3:5-7, 10, 13‬ *KJV‬‬

in the end of all of Gods words fulfilled.....our hope is found . And it is a beautiful promise that has no equal in existence ....

“And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.”
    **Revelation‬ *21:1-5‬ *KJV‬‬

this is the promise through Jesus Christ....but remember we must believe things unseen because God has spoken it we know his word will come to,pass , so we believe what we cannot yet see. Faith.

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.......Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.”
    **Hebrews‬ *11:1, 3‬ *KJV‬‬

in other words faith understands , God created everything we see , by his word , he speaks , and it is so into darkness he spoke ....

“And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.”
    **Genesis‬ *1:3‬ *KJV‬‬

to the waters he spoke....

“And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.”
    **Genesis‬ *1:9‬ *KJV‬‬

to the earth he spoke....

“And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.”
    **Genesis‬ *1:11‬ *KJV‬‬

knowing this principle he has spoken to us in the promises of Jesus Christ with the same power of his word to come to pass....and God said .....and it was so . We're promised eternal life, in a new and perfect unspoiled world , where God himself will dwell among us , where there will be no death , mourning or sorrow ...remember how this section ends in the promise above

"And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.”

believe the things that are written even if you've heard otherwise .....

Thread Information