Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 57

Thread: The Doctrine of Soul Winning

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Terra Firma
    Posts
    12,066
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: The Doctrine of Soul Winning

    Quote Originally Posted by Loaousal View Post
    Nor does it say he won his soul.
    I know that you assume that he was redeemed but I don't assume anyting.
    Which is wise, for the most part.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Alabama
    Posts
    5,270

    Re: The Doctrine of Soul Winning

    Quote Originally Posted by Loaousal View Post
    This is all your opinion I do not value your opinions and I certainly do not hold them as the God's truth so please remember this when you force them up on me.
    Read scripture then . Try 1 Cor 9 19-23. Paul says he WINS people, indicating their soul. Next.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bakersfield
    Posts
    4,482

    Re: The Doctrine of Soul Winning

    Loaousal

    I would like you to get to your point as well.

    This is a discussion forum and good discussions are difficult to have when one party is hiding their point. It makes it seem like a trap instead of an honest open discussion.

    So please get to your point.
    "He's wild, you know. Not like a tame lion."
    C.S. Lewis, "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe."

    "Oh, but sometimes the sun stays hidden for years"
    "Sometimes the sky rains night after night, When will it clear?"

    "But our Hope endures the worst of conditions"
    "It's more than our optimism, Let the earth quake"
    "Our Hope is unchanged"
    "Our Hope Endures" Natalie Grant

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Pacific NW, USA
    Posts
    11,502

    Re: The Doctrine of Soul Winning

    Quote Originally Posted by Loaousal View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong
    but the only way a soul can be saved
    is it has to be redeemed?

    And even then you must be born into the kingdom of God by water and Spirit.

    But yet I hear people say they are winning souls for the kingdom.

    Are they deceived?
    I've been answering this question elsewhere on the Forum. You seem to be going in circles. Or, you're making Salvation more complicated than it is.

    Those who don't understand Salvation are usually those who aren't Saved. Salvation is a subjective experience, and it cannot be adequately explained to you unless you participate in it.

    Salvation is knowing the Lord. Unless you embrace the knowledge of God you won't know the Lord. You will, in effect, be turning away from the knowledge of the Lord because His knowledge is actually everywhere.

    The Salvation of the Soul has to do with how we deal with the knowledge of the Lord. If we properly commit our soul to the Lord as our Lord, then He will deposit His Spirit in the core of our being, in our soul, so that we will be led by the love and righteousness of Christ all of our lives.

    That is Salvation. We no longer live by our own carnal choices, but defer to the love of God. We obey the mandates and compulsions of God's Spirit, which always seeks to do the will of God. And we know what His will is because we have the knowledge of God. His knowledge conveys to us His love and righteousness, as depicted in the life of Christ, as fulfilling the Law of Moses.

    When you do this, committing your soul to God, you will have constant fellowship with God. You will not only know what is right, but you will also have a relationship with God personally. This is Salvation.

  5. #35

    Re: The Doctrine of Soul Winning

    Quote Originally Posted by Old man View Post
    Loaousal

    I would like you to get to your point as well.

    This is a discussion forum and good discussions are difficult to have when one party is hiding their point. It makes it seem like a trap instead of an honest open discussion.

    So please get to your point.
    Matthew 10:20
    For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

  6. #36

    Re: The Doctrine of Soul Winning

    Quote Originally Posted by Pbminimum View Post
    Read scripture then . Try 1 Cor 9 19-23. Paul says he WINS people, indicating their soul. Next.
    To win a soul to the kingdom of God you must redeem that's soul.

    True or false?

  7. #37

    Re: The Doctrine of Soul Winning

    Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    I've been answering this question elsewhere on the Forum. You seem to be going in circles. Or, you're making Salvation more complicated than it is.

    Those who don't understand Salvation are usually those who aren't Saved. Salvation is a subjective experience, and it cannot be adequately explained to you unless you participate in it.

    Salvation is knowing the Lord. Unless you embrace the knowledge of God you won't know the Lord. You will, in effect, be turning away from the knowledge of the Lord because His knowledge is actually everywhere.

    The Salvation of the Soul has to do with how we deal with the knowledge of the Lord. If we properly commit our soul to the Lord as our Lord, then He will deposit His Spirit in the core of our being, in our soul, so that we will be led by the love and righteousness of Christ all of our lives.

    That is Salvation. We no longer live by our own carnal choices, but defer to the love of God. We obey the mandates and compulsions of God's Spirit, which always seeks to do the will of God. And we know what His will is because we have the knowledge of God. His knowledge conveys to us His love and righteousness, as depicted in the life of Christ, as fulfilling the Law of Moses.

    When you do this, committing your soul to God, you will have constant fellowship with God. You will not only know what is right, but you will also have a relationship with God personally. This is Salvation.
    I heard the only way to the salvation of God is to be born into the kingdom of God by water and Spirit?

    Is this true or false?

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bakersfield
    Posts
    4,482

    Re: The Doctrine of Soul Winning

    Quote Originally Posted by Loaousal View Post
    Matthew 10:20
    For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.
    Again ....... your point is?
    "He's wild, you know. Not like a tame lion."
    C.S. Lewis, "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe."

    "Oh, but sometimes the sun stays hidden for years"
    "Sometimes the sky rains night after night, When will it clear?"

    "But our Hope endures the worst of conditions"
    "It's more than our optimism, Let the earth quake"
    "Our Hope is unchanged"
    "Our Hope Endures" Natalie Grant

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Alabama
    Posts
    5,270

    Re: The Doctrine of Soul Winning

    Quote Originally Posted by Loaousal View Post
    To win a soul to the kingdom of God you must redeem that's soul.

    True or false?
    This is a non answer and you refuse to expound on the scripture given because it will expose you and you know it. I , on the other hand will answer your question because that's what people who are actually in a conversation do. Here goes....

    God redeems, but uses people to spread His word of the gospel and gather the harvest.

    Now let's see if you will afford me the direct answer that I gave you...


    Did Christ lie to the apostle's when He told them He would make them fishers of men ?

    I don't expect and answer.

  10. #40

    Re: The Doctrine of Soul Winning

    Quote Originally Posted by Old man View Post
    Again ....... your point is?
    I heard the only way to the salvation of God is to be born into the kingdom of God by water and Spirit?

    Is this true or false?

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Alabama
    Posts
    5,270

    Re: The Doctrine of Soul Winning

    Address 1 Cor. chapter 9 and see how it lines up with your agenda.

  12. #42

    Re: The Doctrine of Soul Winning

    Quote Originally Posted by Pbminimum View Post
    This is a non answer and you refuse to expound on the scripture given because it will expose you and you know it. I , on the other hand will answer your question because that's what people who are actually in a conversation do. Here goes....

    God redeems, but uses people to spread His word of the gospel and gather the harvest.

    Now let's see if you will afford me the direct answer that I gave you...


    Did Christ lie to the apostle's when He told them He would make them fishers of men ?

    I don't expect and answer.
    the devil is a Fisher of men.

    True or false?

  13. #43

    Re: The Doctrine of Soul Winning

    Quote Originally Posted by Pbminimum View Post
    Address 1 Cor. chapter 9 and see how it lines up with your agenda.
    Address 1 Cor. chapter 9 and see how it lines up with anything I have said then let the truth be the truth.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Alabama
    Posts
    5,270

    Re: The Doctrine of Soul Winning

    O.k. I'll play your game....

    No the devil is not a fisher of men. And ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Loaousal View Post
    Address 1 Cor. chapter 9 and see how it lines up with anything I have said then let the truth be the truth.
    It doesn't line up. That's my point. You aren't speaking truth. I don't know what you're speaking , but I know it isn't truth.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Alabama
    Posts
    5,270

    Re: The Doctrine of Soul Winning

    Are you a Christian ? Yes or no ?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Soul winning?
    By Kalahari in forum Breaking News
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Sep 13th 2016, 10:06 AM
  2. Article on Soul Winning
    By poochie in forum Apologetics and Evangelism
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jan 13th 2009, 02:27 AM
  3. Soul Winning websites
    By poochie in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jan 4th 2009, 12:46 AM
  4. Are you active in Soul Winning?
    By poochie in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: Jan 2nd 2009, 08:58 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •