Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 57 of 57

Thread: The Doctrine of Soul Winning

  1. #46

    Re: The Doctrine of Soul Winning

    Quote Originally Posted by Pbminimum View Post
    O.k. I'll play your game....

    No the devil is not a fisher of men. And ?



    It doesn't line up. That's my point. You aren't speaking truth. I don't know what you're speaking , but I know it isn't truth.
    you need to bow out and let someone with more wisdom take up your cause because you're losing ground with every post you make to me.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Alabama
    Posts
    5,270

    Re: The Doctrine of Soul Winning

    Quote Originally Posted by Loaousal View Post
    you need to bow out and let someone with more wisdom take up your cause because you're losing ground with every post you make to me.
    Deflection. You aren't addressing scriptures given. You are pure smoke and mirrors and are here to push an agenda. Nothing more. Get to the point of your agenda please.

  3. #48

    Re: The Doctrine of Soul Winning

    Quote Originally Posted by Pbminimum View Post
    Deflection. You aren't addressing scriptures given. You are pure smoke and mirrors and are here to push an agenda. Nothing more. Get to the point of your agenda please.
    you are my point and agenda your performance is magnificent.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Alabama
    Posts
    5,270

    Re: The Doctrine of Soul Winning

    Have a nice day sir. I'm out until you want to talk scriptures.

  5. #50

    Re: The Doctrine of Soul Winning

    Quote Originally Posted by Loaousal View Post
    But yet I hear people say they are winning souls for the kingdom.

    Are they deceived?
    If I give my son $10 to go into the shop and buy a venison and mushroom pie for me, who paid for the pie?

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Earth, still.
    Posts
    138

    Re: The Doctrine of Soul Winning

    I'm positive that pride can come from being co-workers with Christ in winning souls, or co-working with Christ in any of His works.
    Meaning, pride is deceptive, yes.


    I see folks not agreeing on definition of terms/words used here as where the disagreements are born from on this thread.
    That is the affects of the very aged curse of babel, which will one day be fully under the feet of our Lord and Master Jesus, so until then, we should find things to agree on that babel cannot touch, things such as:
    love one another as Jesus loved us.
    living our lives in the sight of our fellows by following the examples of Jesus's life lived as recorded in our bibles.
    boldly approaching God's throne in prayer on behalf of our fellows and our lost neighbors.
    Babel cannot touch those things, neither can rust, moths or fire consume them.
    Last edited by Jacob's Ladder; Aug 21st 2019 at 06:11 PM. Reason: spelling

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Alabama
    Posts
    5,270

    Re: The Doctrine of Soul Winning

    Quote Originally Posted by boangry View Post
    If I give my son $10 to go into the shop and buy a venison and mushroom pie for me, who paid for the pie?
    I like this !

    Concerning Loaousal, it appears he is on coffee break.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Alabama
    Posts
    5,270

    Re: The Doctrine of Soul Winning

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob's Ladder View Post
    I'm positive that pride can come from being co-workers with Christ in winning souls, or co-working with Christ in any of His works.
    Meaning, pride is deceptive, yes.
    .
    Pride can come into our lives through many ways. I often think some see the passion people have for evangelism as pride. Not always, but certainly some of the time. In those times when people do get prideful it is usually derived from immaturity. Because trust me when I say this.... if someone lives a lifestyle of equipping the saints to reach the world, the enemy and this world will come against them in such a way that they will be put on their knees regardless of whether it's pride or not. I don't think a believer can say much about experiencing spiritual warfare until they begin to win souls for an extended amount of time.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Earth, still.
    Posts
    138

    Re: The Doctrine of Soul Winning

    Quote Originally Posted by Pbminimum View Post
    if someone lives a lifestyle of equipping the saints to reach the world, the enemy and this world will come against them in such a way that they will be put on their knees regardless of whether it's pride or not. I don't think a believer can say much about experiencing spiritual warfare until they begin to win souls for an extended amount of time.
    AMEN to that !

    Not to diminish your most excellent and insightful point there, but I have also noticed that a believer won't have much currency to speak about spiritual warfare until after they start actually growing into the image of Christ, rather than just professing Him.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Alabama
    Posts
    5,270

    Re: The Doctrine of Soul Winning

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob's Ladder View Post
    AMEN to that !

    Not to diminish your most excellent and insightful point there, but I have also noticed that a believer won't have much currency to speak about spiritual warfare until after they start actually growing into the image of Christ, rather than just professing Him.
    I've come to the conclusion that people won't profess Him rightly until the process of growing into His image is occuring. But I understand your point.

  11. #56

    Re: The Doctrine of Soul Winning

    Such things have been said.


    But what is the mystery if we are listening ?


    Can you explain what it means ?


    What does it mean to be born of water and spirit ?


    What does it matter if it is actual water ? OR were it the living word, ever flowing ?
    What does it matter if it is a spirit ? OR were it the power of God ?


    For even if a person does not understand any of these things they can be saved by God.
    Because God sees the thoughts of a persons heart.
    And many a man and woman is saved by water and spirit by grace and by the strong arm of the Lord.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Earth, still.
    Posts
    138

    Re: The Doctrine of Soul Winning

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggie View Post
    Such things have been said.


    But what is the mystery if we are listening ?
    Can you explain what it means ?
    Me trying to explain my experience or walk in following my Master explains that answer to me, but in three steps
    (but one of these steps have not occurred yet)

    ....1st, step
    I heard/listened to who Jesus said He is, why He came, who sent Him, and what He came to and did accomplish.
    Now Jesus, His position and purpose is no longer a mystery to me.
    ....2nd, step
    I believed upon Jesus and I do not stop trying to follow Him. There are for me still mysteries in His words that I do not understand, but the longer I follow and listen to Him, and am willing to agree with Him about what He says about me, the world, and His Kingdom, then more and more of His words that were mysteries to me are no longer mysteries.
    Some of His words still are mysteries to me, but I am confident that as long as I still have breath AND I still try to follow Him/His-life-lived-example, then I am confident that more and more of those mysteries about Him and His words will no longer be mysteries.
    ....3rd, (the step that has not occurred yet)
    When I dies, or He returns (which ever comes first) all of the remaining mysteries will be not explained but revealed when I see Him face to face.

    But yeah it all comes from listening, then by believing, and then faithfully following until the end.






    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggie View Post
    What does it mean to be born of water and spirit ?
    What does it matter if it is actual water ? OR were it the living word, ever flowing ?
    What does it matter if it is a spirit ? OR were it the power of God ?
    Those mysteries will be revealed in the first two steps, sometimes quickly, sometimes not so quickly, quick or not so quick is dependent upon us, not Him.
    I can (after the first step) approach Gods throne BOLDLY and seek answers to what in me is obstructing those answers to those mysteries, and me doing that will quicken the answers to those mysteries.
    But I personally advise to just wait patiently, because I need to learn what it was or is in me that is obstructing the answers to those mysteries.






    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggie View Post
    For even if a person does not understand any of these things they can be saved by God.
    Because God sees the thoughts of a persons heart.
    And many a man and woman is saved by water and spirit by grace and by the strong arm of the Lord.
    Amen to that !

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Soul winning?
    By Kalahari in forum Breaking News
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Sep 13th 2016, 10:06 AM
  2. Article on Soul Winning
    By poochie in forum Apologetics and Evangelism
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jan 13th 2009, 02:27 AM
  3. Soul Winning websites
    By poochie in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jan 4th 2009, 12:46 AM
  4. Are you active in Soul Winning?
    By poochie in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: Jan 2nd 2009, 08:58 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •