Thread: Abraham's circumcision

Abraham's circumcision

I heard that at the time of Abraham they didn't have knives. So basically he had to take two stones and sort of tear his foreskin apart with those stones. That seems GROOSSSSSS. Just can you imagine how INFECTED his foreskin will be after that? Especially since those stones have all kinds of dirt in them EWWWWWWWWW. And then it would get more and more infected, swell, etc. Just how many YEARS would it last?!

Re: Abraham's circumcision

Quote Originally Posted by Subriemannian View Post
    I heard that at the time of Abraham they didn't have knives. So basically he had to take two stones and sort of tear his foreskin apart with those stones. That seems GROOSSSSSS. Just can you imagine how INFECTED his foreskin will be after that? Especially since those stones have all kinds of dirt in them EWWWWWWWWW. And then it would get more and more infected, swell, etc. Just how many YEARS would it last?!
    I doubt it. They were building Pyramids by then which still boggle the mind of today's engineers. Man is regressing not progressing. Since killing one another is a fact of history, sharp blades would be the norm. In God's wisdom He ordered circumcision on the eighth day of a male's life - the highest point of one's coagulation process. There's another point to consider. If you are carrying out God's instruction under primitive conditions one can expect Him to intervene in your favor. That's faith in adversity.

Blog Entries

You've heard wrong or else you are just slam making this up.

Try reading the Bible for answers.

Genesis 22:9-12 = "When they came to the place of which God had told him, Abraham built the altar there and laid the wood in order and bound Isaac his son and laid him on the altar, on top of the wood. Then Abraham reached out his hand and took the knife to slaughter his son. But the angel of the Lord called to him from heaven and said, “Abraham, Abraham!” And he said, “Here I am.” He said, “Do not lay your hand on the boy or do anything to him, for now I know that you fear God, seeing you have not withheld your son, your only son, from me.”

How do you think Adam taught his son Abel to slaughter and skin animals for sacrificing? Obsidian rock [volcanic glass] was used VERY early as a blade. Large shards created by hitting the obsidian and breaking off large and thin slices were very effect cutting tools.
    ".....it's your nickel"

There is one account where a woman used a stone. I am sure the lady Zipporah was very skilled with a sharp stone.
    Anyways a knife can hold just as much bacteria as a stone. Definitely better to use the right tool for the job but if your in a pinch a sharp stone will do.

Exodus 4:25
    Then Zipporah took a sharp stone, and cut off the foreskin of her son, and cast it at his feet, and said, Surely a bloody husband art thou to me.

Thread Information